SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

update: obf white elephant # 2

Hope this is ok!!!

Box #1 (Dottie)

Okay, my box will contain HALF of the listed items below; it otherwords, it's a "Pick Nine" (of the 18), winner's choice.

1. yucca - gold and green, looks like "color guard", but I've lost the tag

2. Japanese Hakon Grass

3. tall ferns - unnamed, but grow in standing up habit and get as high as 3-4' tall. Deep green. Will form a colony and look great with hostas.

4. a 1-year subscription to Garden Gate magazine

5. "Caroline" 1 year old raspberry plants (2)

6. Herbs collection: one each of oregano, mint, sweet woodruff, catmint, chives, sage, thyme

7. "Big Ears" lamb's ear

8. Astilbe (hasn't bloomed yet, but I think it's white - or could be pink or lavender!)

9. Cannister of authentic Chinese tea.

10. Australian baby Bottlebrush plant

11. 6" tall wisteria tree (being trained to standard)

12. butterfly glass paperweight

13. 12 floral die cut notecards with colored envelopes in picket fence box

14 2 "egg" plant kits (you plant the seeds in the egg container and grow them as in pots)

15. 1 Japanese beetle trap bag system

16. peach cannister candle

17. acidenthera bulbs

18. ceramic rabbit rain gauge

Box #2 (Jeanne)

4 packets of seeds (my choice but I will check your exchange list wants)

4 perennial plants - likely to be some combination of peony, dahlia, daylily and iris

2 bars handmade (by me) soap - garden theme

DVD - Under the Tuscan Sky (watched 1 time)

Set of Mind Teaser Wire Puzzles - there are 4 in the box

Ceramic goose with straw hat

Set of 4 patriotic papercut place mats - be ready for the 4th of July!

Bath set in mesh gift bag - contains two scrubbing brushes, a bath mit, and long fabric type back scrubber thing-y.

fifty plant markers in a handmade gift bag (made by me)

... also a surprise will be added to the box!

I'm going a little light on the plants because of the heat here - will be difficult on the plants to be dug and shipped from now until late fall - plus the dahlias and daylilies are in bloom, but they are probably the toughest of the plants to survive shipping now. I will decide what will travel and grow best once I see who gets the package.

Box #3 (April)

~~Daylilies~

Colorado Moonfire

Pumpkin Kid

Daring Deception

Hamlet

Butterscotch Ruffles

Little Grapette

~~Brugs~~

Wild Thing

Equador White

Cuttings from the following Brugs

Dr.Seuss

Taylor's Dawn

Frosty Pink

~Small Calycanthus floridus "Athens" AKA Sweet Shrub

~Assorted candies

~Plant markers

& who knows what else I'll toss in @ the last second!

Box #4 (Treasa)

Handloomed rug made by yours truly

Young Stevia plant

Heirloom purple pod pole beans (50 seeds)

Plumeria, 12" cutting

Clivia plant, over 4 years old, (sorry, but the leaf tips are brown)

Artemisia aviana plant

Dianthus "Red Maiden" plant

Centaurea macrocephala, 10-12 young plants started this year

Euphorbia plant "Chamelean"

Sedum plant "Blue Spruce"

Plus a surprise of some kind

Box #5 (Remy)

A Wegmans bag~ winners choice, tomato, grape, pea, or plain black

Plant from winner's trade list or as close as I can get.

Plant from swap I attend. I usually find something really neat.

Plants I have started from seed this winter(all with excellent roots) including~ Dianthus crimsonia, Dianthus knappii Yellow Harmony, Sage Rose Queen, and probably a couple more.

Sedum starts, more uncommon ones, will check with winner to make sure they are not ones they already have.

Knautia macedonia

Spiderwort Billberry Ice

Serbian Bellflower

Salvia azurea

Rose glauca

Since I can not check for room in the box, if there is still more room when packing, I will put in a few more bonus plants.

Box #6 (Shirley)

Asiatic Lily

'Purple Rain'

Bearded Iris

'Celebration'

'Ominous Stranger'

'Apollo One'

'Coral Point'

Daylily

'Adopt Me'

'Artist at Heart'

'Lifting me Higher'

'American Eagle'

Calla

'Dark Eyes'

'Red Galaxy'

Red -St. Joseph Lily

Lilium

'Kentucky'

Box #7 (Theresa)

Here are my box contents as of now. I will be adding to this so the extras will be surprises:

D'Orsay pearlessence reed diffuser

Peterbrook Chocolate goody bag

Pink fuzzy socks/slippers

pouch with lotion and body spray

red hummingbird feeder

Yankee Candle Brazilian Passion Fruit

Small "surprise" craft that I made

Some garden magazine back issues/and or books

Assortment of seeds

Plants:

Seashore Mallow seedling/s

Penstemon tenuis

Euphorbia Diamond Frost

Butterfly Ginger

Saponaria/Soapwort

assortment of mixed noid daylilies

miniature rose 'Belle'

Lily of the Nile/Agapanthus

Box #8 (Amybabyboy3)

crocosmia orange

lemon balm

obedient plant

Floss Flower, Ageratum

Lysimachia nummularia 'Aurea' 'Aurea' CREEPING JENNY 'GOLDEN MONEYWORT'

Hibiscus

Artemisia this is small, silver but not sure of exact name but it looks like "silver king?"

candy mint

wisteria (these were sent to me by my Aunt and I don't know what color they are maybe purple?

Black elephant ear

sweet william

starfruit seedling

sweet basil

and a surprise!

Box #9 (Deb)

Seeds-

Orange Cosmos

Mammoth Grey Striped Sunflower

Sparkler Radish

Mimosa

Vitex Chaste Tree

Unknown colored Cosmos

Shasta Daisy "Silver Princess"

Pink Oleander Shrub/fragrant (seeds have a poisionous label)

Hardcover book- "Scrapbooking with Memory Makers" Tons of ideas, pics. 118 pages

package of copper plant markers

Roses 1001 Gardening Questions Answered, 131 pages, hardcover

Big Crinium bulb!

Victoria Principal's book- "30 day plan to look and feel 10 years younger", hardcover.

Caladium bulb- "F.M JOYNER" this one is gorgeous! Reminds me of the colors of Christmas! White with red main veins, green lace threading throughout.

Caladium bulb- "Candidum" white with green veins, very pretty (would be nice for a moon garden!)

More seeds-

Lavender '08 munstead

Red Kurl Uchiki Kurl Squash

Cactus flowered zinnia

Lemon Balm

Sweet Dumpling Squash

4 O'clocks, yellow

Gourd "Straightneck Wrenhouse"

Poppy "Peony red"

Black diamond heirloom watermelon

Zinnia "Cherry & Ivory Swizzle"

Scarlet Scarlet Marigold '08

Black eyed Susan vine/Orange Thunbergia Alata "Superstar Orange"

Cinnamon Basil

Georgia collard greens

Marigolds yellow/orange

2 baby cactus that I grew from seed- 3 years old!

1 Aloe vera pup, rooted

2 cactus pads- outdoor optunia, yellow blooms and survive a Chicago winter year after year! Plant straight in ground, or survive even in pots!

Box #10 (Maryanne)

*iris:

baby blessed SDW - rebloomer

jessie's song - TB

study in black - TB

*mophead hydrangea "penny mac", which i rooted myself - it's small, but it has decent roots. (i'm experimenting with rooting everything i can)

*agastache foeniculum a/k/a anise hyssop

*hosta "moon river"

"halcyon"

*liriope

*liatris - not sure if this is white or purple

*lamiastrum "yellow archangel"

*herb infused vinegar (thyme)

*country home "cooking and crafts" - wonderful binder type book with most excellent recipes and craft projects.

*a garden sign - this will depend on the room in the box, one of three different ones i just recently purchased.

*and if i can fit it in the box, a birdfeeder or suet cake feeder, depending on the room left over.

i would like to include a few daylilies, but i can't guarantee names. we had a little dog that liked to eat tags/stakes. so if whoever choses my box is okay with this, i'll throw a few in with perhaps a guess of what i might be. the choice is yours.

Here's how the boxes stand:

Deb - box #7

Remy - box # 2

Shirley - box #1

Maryanne - box #5

Jeanne - box #3

Amy - box #4

Treasa - box 9

April- box #6

Theresa -

Dottie -box#10

Theresa your turn.....

Comments (102)

• uptreasa
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Congratulations, Jeanne!!
    Hope everyone has a great day. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood in my neck of the woods. I have to go water my greenhouse plants. Then I better get Amy's box ready to go. Had an early shift at work, and now I get to play in the dirt in my yard. Thank you ladies for all the fun. Treasa

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Shirley: DC#'s: 0309 0330 0001 8890 0341 and 0334.

I'm beat and have an early day tomorrow. G'nite all.

Dottie

• Related Discussions

update: obf white elephant march swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Hello ladies and happy every Holiday I missed. To those of you who do know me, I am back and mentally back on track (I think). To those of you who don't, well I was I am a member, love everyone here. Went away to do some great mission work and had some very tragic things happen. Many hours of therapy later, and actually returning to the Dominican I think I have healed, I am not bitter, sad, or frightened to leave my house any more. I am able to talk about it and I feel that I can share with postive feelings now. But enough of that. Am I to late for April? Please tell me that I can play in April? Max is 4 and we just looked at Co-op preschool. HE is a mama's boy and didn't want to go to big boy school yet. Maryanne~ I have a box for you that I need to send, but um lost your address.. So Merry Christmas when it comes. Ahh. I just don't know what to say or who to say it to because I am scared I will leave someone out. I tried to read as many posts as my brain can handle, but I am sure that I will need some help. Babies and ornaments, tornados and ahhh.. I am not in Kansas anymore. Please feel free to email me with any personals that you'd love to share. I apologize for being gone so long. If there is anything that you want to know email me. If I need to re-join let me know if there is room. Mayanne_ my big sis.. I hope all is well, miss you and thanks for all your support thru this, even though I was a bad lil sis and became an introvert. But guess what? I am back and better. Missed you all Laura.... beans
    ...See More

UPDATE: may obf swap abc's of gardening (2)

Q

Comments (122)
    Morning.. Joke for the day (ps my mother sent me this) ROSES & HANGING BASKETS A teenage granddaughter comes downstairs for her date with this see-through blouse on and no bra. Her grandmother just pitched a fit, telling her not to dare go out like that! The teenager tells her 'Loosen up Grams. These are modern times. You gotta let your rose buds show!' and out she goes. The next day the teenager comes down stairs, and the grandmother is sitting there with no top on. The teenager wants to die. She explains to her grandmother that she has friends coming over and that it is just not appropriate.... The grandmother says, 'Loosen up, Sweetie. If you can show off your rose buds, then I can display my hanging baskets. Happy Gardening.
    ...See More

update: obf: june white elephant swap #3

Q

Comments (2)
    I recieved a great box from shirley- I got: Japanese Iris - Center of Attention Japanese Iris - Edens Starship Japanese Iris - Mount Fujiyama Asiatic Lily - Beverlys Dream Asiatic Lily - Grand Cru Asiatic Lily - Patricas Pride Bearded Iris - Bel Espirit Bearded Iris - Stairway to Heaven Bearded Iris - Silverado Bearded Iris - Thornbird Louisiana Iris - Black Gamecock Hosta - StripTease Columbine - Barlow Black Mint - Chocolate Daylily - Aragon Daylily - Piano Man Daylily - Tooth Crocosmia - Emily McKenzie Thanks you so much!
    ...See More

UPDATE: obf doggie days of summer # 2

Q

Comments (37)
    Big Sis~ You have more patience than I do...cheap men irritate me the first time. By day 2, I'd be thumping them over the head with something. :O) One of the dresses you sent fit Lili, but the others are a bit too big for her right now. Which is GREAT, because that means she has something to grow into! Lili has started to walk along furniture now! It's rough, though, because we don't have carpet- we're in endless remodel mode, so we only have the bare plywood floor. She keeps falling and hitting her noggin on the floor. Poor baby. I'm thinking of getting her a helmet. LOL It is hard to believe that she's that big already....wow, has this year gone by fast!
    ...See More
  • amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

April,
    When you have time could you please email me your address? I don't have it on my list. Thank you, Amy

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Oh my goodness. Are there any casualties from all the swiping?? LOL!
    Wow....who knew ya'll had it in you?! :O)

Remy~ That cactus is pretty! I've never seen one bloom like that before!

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi All,
    Hope everyone is doing well! I'll be going out to garden some more shortly.

Theresa,
    I got your box mailed out to you earlier. I have a DC# and of course it is in my purse not near the computer as usual, lol.

Maryanne,
    Sounds like the garden tour was fun. I went to visit Gottagarden. I have pics posted over on the Cottage Garden Conversations forum.
    You should of seen the pics of a backyard on tv yesterday! It would make your neighbor's place look like paradise. There was a house that from the front looked fine, but the back yard was junk piled like 7' high and hardly any place to walk. The neighbor tried to talk to the guy, but he wouldn't listen. So he called who ever you call for that kind of thing. The funny part is no one did anything at first. They must of driven by, and it looks fine. The neighbor took pics and sent them in. Then they came, lol. And then of course the tv crews, lol.
    You have a good memory remembering Shirley's boss's name was Ernie!

Jeanne,
    Congrats on the great guess!!
    I'll be watching for the box : )

Amy A-Z,
    You're welcome : )
    Oh, I should tell you when winter ends, the cactus will look all sad and sunken. Don't be dismayed. It will perk back up as the weather warms.

Amy,
    Happy anniversary! Sounds like you had fun celebrating it.

April,
    Hope the kiddies are ok. Having two sick at the same time is no fun!

Melissa,
    Thanks! I'm surprised you've never seen one bloom like it. Next time I end up sending a box to you, remind me to put a piece of it in it for you : )

Have a good day everyone!
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Tee-hee! The only reason I thought of Ernie is because I used to watch "My Three Sons." If you are not as old as I am, you may not even know that show existed. LOL
    Anyway, thanks for the congratulations. I am really excited to be getting a double daylily. Right now I have one double and it is so beautiful.
    Have a good week. It is hot here, too hot as far as I'm concerend!
    Jeanne

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Boy just reading how mean you all are guess Bunny and I are the only sweet ones left. Maryanne ,I loved your post. I need rain 29 days no rain, this is seattle, this dosen't happen here. sorry I missed this fun swap. Shirley looks like you did a fine job. missed you all. hugs carol

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

I have an Opuntia that I've had for about 4 years. It has bloomed in my zone 4. This year, it seems to be taking longer to perk up. They bloom around July 4 in my garden. Yours is very pretty, Remy. I have to call it a night. I'd say our local farmer's market was a success tonight. Good night. Treasa

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    14 years ago

Hi guys....I'm up early. Can't sleep due to this sinus headache. Yuck.

Deb, I mailed your box yesterday then later realized I forgot to do DC. I know I've done this a hundred times at least but I guess I was in a fog from all the allergy medicine I'm on this week. I'm so worried about it now....I sure hope it gets there. I guess I could reassemble it pretty close to the original if it doesn't make it...but it was packed FULL. Please let me know if it doesn't arrive by Friday as I will be sweating this one.
    I feel really stupid about it.

Theresa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello all!
    I was right. It's swimmer's ear. The Dr. gave me some drops for their ears.They can't get in the pool for 7-10 days. Well....they can, they just can't go under the water, which takes all the fun out of being in the pool. Not the best week to be banned from the pool either,temp was 92 yesterday,& it's only going to climb! Guess I'll go get them some water guns.

Theresa~ hoping your package reaches it's destination.Will be keeping my fingers crossed for ya. I use the flat rate boxes & print my shipping label @ home from the USPS site. It's a little cheaper & it includes free delivery confirmation.

later....April

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

April -
    Your box arrvied today and thank you so much! Everything looks wonderful and there have to be some extras in there and thank you for that, too. I will send an e-mail to you later. Have to get ready for a dental appointment now so not much time to be on the computer.
    I was here when the mail arrived today so the box came right inside.
    I hope your boys feel better soon.
    Jeanne

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi All,
    I got a great surprise when I got home from work, my box from Jeanne was here!
    She put in some wonderful plants:
    Peony 'Muskoko'- it looks like a beauty from the pic enclosed
    Daylily 'Distant Galaxy' - I still have to look this one up.
    Agave lophanta - it is neat looking
    Dahlia 'Victoria Anne' - it is from when she visited Park Seed one year, very neat!
    The plant tags were in a cute little bag.
    The soap smells great.
    The bath set is very nice!
    Besides everything listed as coming in the box, Jeanne also put in a few extras:
    A gardening t-shirt(it does fit.)
    An assortment of seeds including some cool MGs
    A CD of music from the JFK White House

Thanks so much Jeanne! I'm so glad I picked your box! : )

Jeanne,
    I do remember My Three Sons! I remember Chip and Ernie. I do not remember other names from the show though.

April,
    Good to hear it is just swimmers ear. I can't believe you are so warm already! I complain when it gets in the high 80's low 90's in August, lol.

Oh I had an exciting event yesterday, my first tomato blossoms were spotted on a couple plants. Yay!
    Have a goodnight everyone,
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

I'm glad your box arrived okay, Remy. I hope the peony will bloom for you. I really wanted peonies in my garden but only my Bowl of Beauty is a reliable bloomer here.
    My three sons: Robbie, Chip, and Ernie at the end of the show I believe. There was an older son in the earlier episodes - I can't remember his name.
    Remy, I have blossoms on one of my tomatoes, too. We will have to race to see who gets a tomato first! LOL I also finally got a baby squash that started to grow on my summer squash plant. I dug some potatoes recently and they were so good - Yukon Gold. Yum! We will have some blueberries soon, too. They are usually ready when the 4th of July arrives. Many of my flowers are blooming nicely. We have had rain so far this year and that is quite a treat after 3 years of drought. Of course, this time of the year the dayliles are the stars of the garden.
    Jeanne

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

Amy, Your box was sent today, and not Monday like I was trying to do. I hope you like it. : ) Treasa

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

April and Margaret,
    Just wanted you to know I plan to get your boxes out on Monday.
    My son was hurt at Summer camp Tuesday and taken by ambulance to Atlanta Childrens Hosp. about 2 hours from our home. His upper leg was broken and twisted. We just got home today. He had surgery on the leg and it should heal well. He is now in a wheel chair for the summer but I know we are blessed that it wasn't more serious. I would appreciate any prayers for him.
    So far we are having a pretty rough year. Our top floor bathroom overflowed all over our downstairs about 2 weeks ago and we have to have the ceiling in one room totally replaced, carpet pulled up dryed and walls repainted . We had and emergency water cleanup come right away to suck up water and they have since treated it for mold.
    And at the beginning of the year a tree feel through our house doing about 10,000 in damage but we did have insurance.
    In between we have had two teenagers wreck their cars but not totally and they are okay but it has been a trying year so far. Hopefully the good will now come. Sorry to ramble I just had to get it all out. Take care, Amy

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Oh, Amy-I am so sorry for all that has happened. Seems it all comes in bunches, doesn't it? Please don't worry about sending anything to me. You have enough stress for one person right now. I will be praying for you & your family. What is your son's name & age & any interests he has? I would love to send him a "Cheer Up" box. What a way to spend his summer. Is there any hand held games, videos' or whatever that would help pass his time? Please let me know through here or email me. Maybe if others here have sons that age, we could get him some Pen Pals to communicate with or something. Waiting for your information so I can get started!

Annie-I am going to email you with some information about your box shortly. Did you get the storm last night we got here? My flower beds are just overflowing. I hope I don't lose too many things from it but today they sure look a sorry lot. Now comes the blazing heat! Such is life in the Midwest!

I will have to go back & read your post, Vic. You seem to have some very interesting(?) things happen to you, don't you? It's good to see you posting.

I wish you ladies would stop bringing up things for me to get interested in. Now it is hosta's & heuchera's. Will it never end? Now I am forced to go to the hosta forum. What enablers' you are. There is only so many hours that I can spend on these forums without feeling that I really need to get a little something more done than lurk! I must say, it really helps me get my mind off of all the other things that are happening that I can do nothing about!

Blessings, Margaret

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Oh, Amy, that is terrible news about your son. I am so glad that everything should heal okay. What a way to spend his summer. You have had more than your share of bad luck. Will hope that everything is sunshine and roses from now on!
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Amy-I join in also in saying I sure hate to hear the news about your son. Your poor house flooding, the tree damage and the teens car wreck. Do you think the bad luck is over now? I know you sure hope so. Praying you will have a better rest of the year here on out.

Jeanne-Your daylilies were shipped today...Be on the look out.

Dottie-I GOT MY AWESOME SWAP BOX........ Woo Hoo all those goodies sure made my day. I can't believe you sent so many things. I hate to tell these girls they sure missed out not stealing Box #1 from me. I love the egg plants. I wasn't sure what those were. I showed them to Dawson and explanied how a little plant would start growing out of the egg soon.
    I really had a hard time choosing only 9 of the things you listed and then you sent way more.....THANK YOU

I hope to take a picture of the chair the herb lady makes and sells at our local market. I will have to assure her I am only taking the picture to make me one and not for selling. I will post it if she lets me.

April-Hope the kids swimmers ear is getting better. DH got it one time and said it was very painful. I got your address so will mail your iris tomorrow or Saturday.

Maryanne-Your swap box went out today so be on the look out.

Shirley

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Oh, Amy! I do feel so bad for all that you've been going through. I can relate, having a teenager who's done most of those things (injuries and car wrecks) and having disasters with plumbing. It's just usually more spread out! The bright side might be that it is all over for a while now, and you can enjoy a future of hazard-free living!

April, what torture trying to keep kids out of a pool! Good luck with that.

Shirley, glad you like the box. It sure is fun to share plants! I'm still kind of amazed that this works . . . the stuffing a living thing into a box and sending it out in the world and expecting it to be happy in a foreign place!

I think today is the first day in over two weeks - or maybe the second - that it isn't raining. My rain gauge had over four inches of water collected in just the last couple of days. Great time for looking at houses; you WILL see who has a wet basement!

Gotta go work. Later,
    Dottie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    14 years ago

Hi Ladies! Got my WONDERFUL box from Remy yesterday. Thanks so much Remy...you outdid yourself.

I received:

Salvia azura
    Danthus Harmony
    Rosa Glauca
    Dianthus Crimsonia
    Knautia Macedonia
    Salvia Subrotunda
    Serbian Bellflower
    Salvia Rose Queen
    Veronica 'Royal Blue'
    and the following Sedums:
    hispanicum
    blue spruce
    album
    frosty morn telphium
    betram anderson

and a Wegmans bag with a grape motif!

and two others to arrive later!

How wonderful to open a box so full of plants! And so many from my wish list. I will have fun planting them today. Then off to a soccer tourney this weekend.

Thanks so very much, Remy. What a great box!

Theresa

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Margaret,
    Thank you for the prayers. My sons name is Garrett and he is 8yrs old. He would love a note from you. He wants to be an "famout" artist and a scientist some day.
    He has a disease called neurofibromatosis that causes weak muscles throughout his body. He wears a brace on the other leg that wasn't broken. He is tries very hard to keep up with his little brother and other children but I think that is how he got hurt. The kids tied a hula hoop to a rope and pulled like tug a war. I think he must have gotten caught and his leg was broken and twisted so the Dr. had to put a metal rod in the leg to straighten the twist.
    Jeanne, Shirley and Dottie, Thank you also for the prayers. I know they are helping him.

Margaret and April, I am back on track for shipping though and my boxes are going out on Monday. Hope you all have a super weekend with lots of Blessings. Amy

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

My wonderful box arrived today from Treasa! Thank you so much for everything!
    Inside was:
    Handloomed rug -beautiful and perfect color for my home
    Young Stevia plant
    Heirloom purple pod pole beans
    Plumeria-really been wanting this
    Clivia plant- so excited to grow this
    Dianthus "Red Maiden" plant
    Centaurea macrocephala
    Euphorbia plant "Chamelean"
    Sedum plant "Blue Spruce"
    white sage, voodoo lily (Awesome! I've never even heard of this)and green hens and chicks so cute!
    and a cute forth of july bag with smaller bag.

Thank you so much! What a awesome box and so special to have something so beautiful made by you. I will cherish it forever. Take care, Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Shirley,
    I received my daylily prize today and the things that we are trading. I think you also added an "extra" to the "extras" so thanks so much. We were here when the mail came today and everything looked great and I have one planted in the ground and the others settled into containers for now. It is supposed to get around 101 here today with an even higher heat index so I won't be gardening any more today. If it is cooler tomorrow, I will dig and package what I am sending to you and make sure it gets out Monday morning. I will let you know for sure - if we get 101 again, it may be a few more days. Luckily we got lots of rain two days ago so the ground is still a little wet, especially in places that are mulched.
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
    Jeanne

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

I've been praying too, for all who needs prayers. My heart goes out to all of you. Love you.

Glad you received the box OK Amy and you are happy. You're welcome.

101 degrees! Wow, Jeanne!! We need some rain here. Glad it's not 101. There seems to be more people in my area starting to garden, even if it's a few tomato plants.

Have a great day, everyone. I've been planting the highway curb in front of my place with flowers. This year the annuals weren't blooming yet, so the neighbor mowed them down on his front boundary, so now there's part of a curb "island" mowed off. Looks awful. : ( I was upset. He said he thought they were weeds.

Bye for now. Treasa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Amy~ hoping for a super quick recovery for your son.

Treasa~ I'd be ticked if someone cut down my flowers.

Hope everyone is staying cool. Temp is around 96 right now.Feels much hotter.We're eating a LOT of frozen treats, & even me & the hubby are in the kiddo pool!
    I do most of my gardening after 6 or 7 pm. It's much cooler, but then the skeeters start eating up my helpers! For some reason they don't bug(later...April

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I have 2 minutes to post. Wanted to let Theresa know her box arrived, and everything looks perfect! Thanks so much Theresa for such a nice box! My Husband's working outside putting up a fence, so he needs my help. I know you were worried about the package not having a DC# so I posted immediately as soon as it arrived!
    I love the pear glass reed diffuser, it smells yummy! I already have it opened and in the kitchen window, I love blown glass! I love everything in the box, and could go on for an hour! THANK YOU so much!

My box will go out on Monday, all last week we had severe weather/storms, I couldn't dig/box the cactus. It rained every day! We lost power for several hours last night, boy, did it get hot in here! ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi all,
    Not much but work going on up here.

Amy,
    So sorry to hear about your son's accident. Thank goodness it wasn't worse. It has to be very tough on him with his disorder. I'm also sorry to hear about your house! I remember the accident earlier this year. When it rains it pours.
    Wish for some good luck to go your way,
    Remy

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Good Morning, Everybody. Happy Fathers' Day. Anybody have any exciting plans for today? Kids are all coming over for a barbecue, but it's raining for a change! I guess I'm glad it's not 100 degrees like some of you are dealing with - however, this wet-all-the-time stuff is getting really old! My baskets and pots are looking really sad. We haven't been able to mow for a couple of weeks. Everything is mush. The slugs are out of control. DH went out and got me some organic slug remedy yesterday; however, you can't use it when it's raining!!

Hope you all enjoy the day.
    Dottie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    14 years ago

Phew! Yes, I was worried about the box. I'm glad you liked it, Deb.

We just got back from Savannah where DS was playing in a soccer tournament all weekend. So good to be back in the AC (especially since I'm nursing a hangover - yeah...the adults had fun too).

Amy, I'm so sorry about your son. What an awful accident. That sounds similar to my son's friend...only his is an arm. I know he will be miserable to be layed up for the summer :(

Well, have lots of laundry to catch up on. Will be working on posting the July swap soon.

Theresa

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Wow, where the heck is everyone? Out gardening? I did that all day yesterday.

Theresa,
    I did get you pkg. on its way to you yesterday. : )
    Remy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Afternoon All!!! Whew...is it HOT!!!!!

Just letting Amy know that my box arrived.Thank you soo much!

Mailman didn't even knock on the door to let me know it was there.Just left it sitting in the hot sun!!! GRRRR....... That being said.....the plants were in EXCELLENT shape!!! Many thanks for the yummy coffees. Will try them out later this evening.My son adores the wind spinner.The rose hips smell great.Thanks for the black/blue Salvia too!!!

later...April

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Hi Everybody,
    Sorry to be absent. I had to take my son to a two day college orientation and tomorrow is his graduation from HS. Busy busy! Working now to catch up with my clients. Still raining here. It's rained 22 out of 23 days here. That must be some kind of record! At least I don't have to water anything, but some of my trees are looking very dead with so much water sitting over them. I think I lost a couple of dogwoods and a holly and a cherry laurel. Things will calm down in a week or so when my son goes off to work at camp for a few weeks before the traveling starts. He will travel alone and then we will all be away for a bit. Hectic but fun, I hope!

Hope you all are well. I don't see posts from a lot of you regulars. Hope everyone is just busy.

Amy how is your son doing?
    Maryanne, has the toe heeled?
    Theresa, did you survive the hangover?
    Shirley, did you get a picture of the herb lady's chair? I'm really looking forward to seeing that!
    Treasa, did your flowers grow back that the neighbor mowed?
    Margaret, have we lost you to lurk on some other posts???
    Come back! Come back!
    April, how are the boys doing?
    Carol, Bunny, it's not like you guys to be gone so long!
    Missing you all!
    Dottie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dottie~ the kiddos are doing great & are back in the pool.Oh & I only have one boy. LOL! Although my oldest daughter is not very girlie yet. Never wants to brush her hair, could care less if her clothes match,& does NOT like the Jonas Brothers.LOL!!!The joys of being almost 9 I guess.Maybe I should be thankful!

Hope everyone stays cool today!
    later....April

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

My package went out today, USPS #0309 0330 0000 8500 0038
    I'm a little behind on the thread, will catch up later. ;)

Hugs,
    Deb

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Hi All,
    I've been gardening a lot! There's still tons to do of course.
    I have a neat thing happening here for you bird lovers. Cedar Waxwings have built a nest in my Leontine Gervais rose! They are pretty birds. It is really neat. I've never seen them here before. Maybe I'll get to get a good pic. The nest is in the shrub so it is difficult to see. There are no babies yet. It seems late to be having a nest, but maybe this is their second of the year.
    I had my first double peony poppy bloom today. I almost missed it since I was working out front all evening after work! It is frilly, huge, and gorgeous! Hopefully I'll get a bloom tomorrow to take a pic of.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Hey April, glad to hear the kids are back in the swim. My youngest graduated HS today. It was a fun event. I love graduations. We had a fun family get together after. Lots of food and laughter. Makes it all worthwhile.

Remy, that's so cool about your birds. DH and I try to watch our birds every morning (if it's not raining!) while we have coffee on the deck. We have a lot of wrens, some goldfinches, mourning doves and nuthatches. The wrens have nested in all of our houses.

Rain again today. I've lost track of how many days in a row. Seriously, it has to be a record. I know it's over 20. No work in the yard for me until this madness stops.

Good night, all,
    Dottie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    14 years ago

Hi All.....had to post because I received Remy's SECOND box! With a huge clump of spiderwort and BLOOMING phlox pilosa! I've been wanting this for a while! Thanks so much Remy! You're the best! I can't wait to get out and plant it today and start some major bed overhauls. Yes, I should wait until fall but I can't....besides I'll be too busy then.

Cool about the birds, Remy.

Amy, I hope your son is hanging in there.

Sorry about all the rain, Dottie. How are you handling the graduation and your youngest going off to college? I had a time yesterday being depressed about how fast the kids are growing. It is still three years until my oldest flies the coop but I am well aware of how fast it will go by. I think I will be a basket case for sure when he is leaving.

July swap is posted, guys.

Theresa

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Hey Theresa,

So far it's all fun and games. It's so much fun to see him spreading his wings! We were at the college for orientation two days and I'm so excited about college life!! I could LOVE going there myself! I can't wait for him to start that part of his life.

I've been trying to let him go more and more for the past year, but as you say, I know it will still be an adjustment. I think I will just have to work and garden more! With that in mind, I think I will check in on the July swap!

Oh yeah, still raining.

Dottie

• earthlydelights
    14 years ago

hi everyone, been awhile. i will be working on my box in the next few days and will post when it's sent. between the rain, the new job, computer issues and other life committments, there has been not one spare minute. even my supposed days off have been spent working.

lots to catch up on, good thoughts and prayers to everyone.

maryanne

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

April,
    So glad your package arrived and you liked it! It was so hot when I sent the plants I was worried.

Dottie and Theresa, Garrett had therapy once this week and did good. He was laughing and crying at the same time. I am hoping he heals super fast. He is doing good for being stuck in a wheel chair. I just know it is boring for him especially being 8 yrs old and being on Summer break. Take care, Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

April,
    I just popped on to let you know my brugs look like they are doing really well. Dr. Seuss is a little mopey, but I think once he gets some roots going, he will be happy, too. The daylilies and sweet shrub should be fine, too. They are just looking like typical "displaced over the summer transplants!"
    The candy has disappeared - yum, it was very good. LOL
    Thanks again for everything. Since we had a good bit of "discussion" about the brugs, I wanted let everyone know how they are doing. It is about 100 degrees here today. I think they like heat!
    Jeanne

• margaret_2007
    14 years ago

Hi, Ladies-Yes, Dottie, I have been lurking some but haven't been feeling too well for the last week or so. My poor flower beds has suffered with all the rain & haven't even bothered to give them the care they need. I have become sort of a recluse lately & that is just not me. I am sure I will perk up soon, though. Thanks for asking.

I think of you all often & enjoy your posts on the forum. What a delightful bunch of ladies you all are. I can't believe that this month is almost over & that means this year is 1/2 over, too. My, how time flies!

Amy, tell Garrett he has his surprize coming in the mail. I pray his healing is quick & complete. I am taking real good care of my EE's. Thanks so much. They have become one of my favorites & I do hope I can save them for next year. Do you order your bulbs or save yours year to year?

Have a great weekend, Ladies. Blessings, Margaret

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Amy, I hope Garrett is better by now. With all the prayers and good wishes, I'm sure he is on the mend! Does he have any plans for the summer (or did he, before before the accident) and will he be able to do them, still?

Margaret, I KNOW!!! The rain is unrelenting here, too. I haven't been in the garden in over a week! The grass is as high as an elephant's eye! It's just too wet to mow. I do hope you are feeling better. I have to tell you that I am really enjoying the slippers you sent! Even though it's very warm here now, they are just great! (And I love the little sucking noises they make on the hardwood floors!! :)

Well, I will be checking in on the July post. See you all there!
    Dottie

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Hi Maryanne,

Don't stress about the box . . . it's raining here everyday - as I'm sure it is where you are, as we're kind of closeby . . . . . and I probably wouldn't go plant anything for days anyway. I totally understand how life gets hectic.

Sorry things have been so nuts for you. Hope it's calming down by now. I've been up to my eyeballs in graduations an family functions, myself, not to mention some stuff too involved to mention . . . . Hang in there!

Dottie

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

I received my box from Deb today.
    This is what was inside. Thank you very much, Deb. Now I need to get some potted.

The flowers the neighbor weed whacked in the highway curb are trying to come back. It looks odd where the blooming Gypsophia ends, though, like the row abruptly stops.

I'll be thinking about all of you.

Seeds-
    Orange Cosmos
    Mammoth Grey Striped Sunflower
    Sparkler Radish
    Mimosa
    Vitex Chaste Tree
    Unknown colored Cosmos
    Shasta Daisy "Silver Princess"
    Pink Oleander Shrub/fragrant (seeds have a poisionous label)

Hardcover book- "Scrapbooking with Memory Makers" Tons of ideas, pics. 118 pages

package of copper plant markers

Roses 1001 Gardening Questions Answered, 131 pages, hardcover

Big Crinium bulb!

Victoria Principal's book- "30 day plan to look and feel 10 years younger", hardcover.

Caladium bulb- "F.M JOYNER"

Caladium bulb- "Candidum"

More seeds-
    Lavender '08 munstead
    Red Kurl Uchiki Kurl Squash
    Cactus flowered zinnia
    Lemon Balm
    Sweet Dumpling Squash
    4 O'clocks, yellow
    Gourd "Straightneck Wrenhouse"
    Poppy "Peony red"
    Black diamond heirloom watermelon
    Zinnia "Cherry & Ivory Swizzle"
    Scarlet Scarlet Marigold '08
    Black eyed Susan vine/Orange Thunbergia Alata "Superstar Orange"
    Cinnamon Basil
    Georgia collard greens
    Marigolds yellow/orange

2 baby cactus
    1 Aloe vera pup, rooted
    2 cactus pads- outdoor optunia

Boston Ivy cutting, very nice!!

Thanks again, Deb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jeanne~ glad all your brugs are surviving. Here is a photo of my first brug bloom of the year. Frosty Pink {{gwi:1277388}}

later.....April

• remy_gw
    14 years ago

Theresa,
    I'm glad the box got there in good condition. I'm happy to hear the phlox was still blooming!

April,
    That is a beauty!

Amy,
    It is good to hear Garret is coping pretty well. I can't imagine being 8 and in a wheelchair during summer!

Dottie, Maryanne, and anyone else with too much rain,
    I sure hope it stops soon!
    Remy

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

Margaret,
    I just leave the elephant ears in the ground and they multiply and come back in the spring. My zone is 7B.
    Thank you I told Garrett and he is so excited and loves to get mail.
    Remy and Dottie,
    Garrett is actually doing well in the wheel chair. He was in Summer camp when the accident happened but can't go back. Luckily we had taken a weekend and gone to the beach before it happened. He and his brother really loved it because it had been such a long time since we had a vacation. He is doing a good job keeping himself occupied.
    Thank you all for asking about him. Take care, Amy

• earthlydelights
    14 years ago

shirley and dottie, so very sorry for being so far behind this month.

dottie, your box is packed and ready to go first thing in the morning. i'll stop on my way to work at the post office. hopefully, since you aren't too far away, you will get it quick and in a hurry. i apologize for being this late, june got away from me not long after it started. today was the first day i was able to breathe in quite some time.

shirley, thank you for the wonderful box this month, i look forward to many happy blooms.

amy, so sorry to hear about your son, hope he's on the mend.

good thoughts and prayers, where needed, to everyone else.

maryanne

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

No worries, Maryanne. I posted yesterday on the other thread. I'll post when the box arrives. Cheers, Dottie