SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
californian_gw

Would you pay extra for a tomato plant in a deep pot?

californian
14 years ago

I have almost run out of the four inch square pots I had on hand and will have to buy some more soon. The pots I have been using are 4 inches square at the top and about 3.5 inches deep. I was wondering if I should order these extra deep pots I see in the catalog. In case quantities they cost about 16 cents more per pot, plus I would probably have to use another 12 cents worth of potting soil to fill them, so they would cost 28 cents more per plant. If you were buying tomato plants would you be willing to pay say an extra 50 cents for a plant in an extra deep pot? I assume the plant would grow faster and bigger if it had more room for its roots? I was also thinking of going to a 4.5 inch deep square pot, for some reason they are cheaper than 4 inch deep pots, but they would use even more potting soil. Would you pay a premium price for a plant in an extra big pot?

Also, anyone know where the best place to buy square plastic pots is. Also they sell injection molded and blow molded, I assume the injection molded are the rigid pots you can use a few times, and the blow molded are the flimsy flexible pots. Am I right? The best prices I have found so far for standard four inch pots is about 20 cents a pot in case quantities of 500 pots.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH