SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

UPDATE: Petal Pushers: June Jubilee Continued (round 3)

tracyvine
14 years ago

Ding Dong, the old thread is dead... so I am putting up the new one!

I will be posting the new round of I Spy this evening for all of our wonderful Petal Pushers to take a stab at. Please join in for the fun even if you haven't traded this month.

Who is hosting for the next month's swap? Does anyone know?

I heard from a lovely lady that I met here last December. She was wondering if she could come and join in for a swap with us sometime soon. Her GW name is Dr. Gulley/Dianne. I told her that I would let all of you know she might be stopping by sometime soon to visit with us.

Vicky, I can NOT believe what happened to your pool (last post on the old thread for those that missed it)! I was reading your post with my mouth hanging wide open. You poor thing! We had one of those big (yes, I was thinking kiddie pool before) blow-up pools once and I could just not get the hang of it. Ours was a little tiny bit lopsided when we filled it but it didn't flop over on us. My biggest difficulty was getting the algae under control. What a nightmare that was! I am just cringing for you, but kind of giggling too. LOVE YOU!

I can't wait now that you can visit a bit more! Woo HOOO! Vic is back!

Happy Gardening!

Tracy

Comments (150)

• karenh71867
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

ohh vic, where is a gardin gnome??? My eyes are buggin out looking for that sucker!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lisa, almost, after adding the heart onto your list you are still missing a couple items.

Karen, You are also missing a couple items

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: Petal Pushers round 3

Q

Comments (74)
    Thanks diene! I feel better having your approval and I think I'll have lots of girls willing to help. If not, I'll handle it. I may have to walk outside once in awhile and yell but what else is new! lol Well I'm off of here for tonight, got to spend the night at my daughters, they're leaving a 3 am and I have to stay with the baby, so gotta go sleep while I can, though she always sleeps through the night. But this may be the one night she doesn't, lol. I'll check in tommorrow. If I'm doing this, I will come up with my own rules, and it will not be limited to 'no newbies' but it will be fair to everyone. I want everyone to feel welcome. Anita, thanks for the advise and believe me, I heard you and know what you mean. Thanks girl! Goodnite! Sassy
    ...See More

UPDATE: sept ~petal pushers~ shade swap-let's play!!

Q

Comments (150)
    My deliberation process was interrupted by the phone. It seems someone stole my husband's credit card number so they're having to cancel his card and issue a new one. Want a good laugh? The people who stole his number used it at an online Christian t-shirt site, where they purchased just less than $2000 worth of silkscreened tees! LOL! How crazy is that?????? Okay, again, I'll be back. Right now I'm thinking box 4
    ...See More

NEW: Sept.~Petal Pushers~Shade Plant -White Elephant Swap

Q

Comments (16)
    Tracy-What's this about blowing up Alana's garden??? Were you a bad girl? Lisa-Great list of Heucheras! I read a terrific article a few months ago about the different species of Heucheras. If I can find the magazine I'll post some of the info. There was a lot of information that I really didn't know. Shirley, Denise and Carmen-So glad you'll be joining us. I missed the Customer Appreciation Day at Well-Sweep Herb Farm. It rained all day on Saturday. Was hoping to pick up a few plants at 20% off. Some of my plants will probably be on the small side for this swap. As some of you know I've had a terrible spring and summer as far as the weather goes. That's why I haven't be doing much trading lately. Sassy-Yes please lurk! I miss you too sweetie. I've never participated in a White Elephant swap so I'm really looking forward to this one. Have a great day everyone Mariann
    ...See More

UPDATE: Sept ~Petal Pushers~ Shade Plant Swap-Let's Play-Part 3

Q

Comments (143)
    Heidi, I followed your links back to you album and can't see a way to post the individual pictures on here but am able to post a link to the album that you have the pictures you were trying to post from earlier. Without further ado, here is Heidi and her family! (see link below) All of you are adorable. I especially love your little pancake helper and Donald Duck Jr. The boys are so cute! You and your hubby look so happy in your wedding photo. you have a wonderful family!
    ...See More
  • ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

I cant even stay on to see if I won, my neck is killing me!!

Have a great night ladies
    Lisa

Tracy, great game!

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

there is a little guy (or something) in the tree below the copper sun

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

okay, add garden gnome and baby spoon

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Darn it! I saw that heart shape but thought it was a rock. I wasn't going to ask since the last time Tracy cracked up at me for making up things!

Congratulations, Lisa! You did it!

Karen - Nose in the heuchera????

Tracy - Now that it's over, are there other items in there that we were supposed to see? Or is that all of them?

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

What about my err, I mean Pat's list??
    LOL

Pat hurry and add the last item to your list!
    You are the closest of all of us!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This is Lisa's last list:

shoe horn (baby spoon)
    screw driver
    clear glass
    windchime
    #1 figure (clown pin)
    sun
    army guy
    elephant
    cat
    cat army guy
    domino
    blue car
    pink princess locket?
    duck
    heart pin
    anoyjer army guy

You're only missing one thing that has been spotted by another player. Hang out for a tiny bit more! Please?

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Orange Cat
    Army figure to right of cat
    Domino
    Blue Car
    Pink Princess ? (I dont know the character) locket
    Yellow Duck
    Army guy standing in foliage above and to right of duck
    Army guy lying on rock
    Screwdriver
    Clear glass on rock
    #1 figure in tree
    Army guy to left of #1 figure
    Sun ornament
    Windchime
    Elephant
    Baby Spoon
    heart pin!

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Orange Cat
    Army figure to right of cat
    Domino
    Blue Car
    Pink Princess ? (I dont know the character) locket
    Yellow Duck
    Army guy standing in foliage above and to right of duck
    Army guy lying on rock
    Screwdriver
    Clear glass on rock
    #1 figure in tree
    Army guy to left of #1 figure
    Sun ornament
    Windchime
    Elephant
    Baby Spoon
    Heart shaped pin

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

ok,

elephant
    sun
    windchime
    screw driver
    clown/figure
    baby spoon
    toy car
    glass
    army guy grass
    army guy rock
    army guy tree
    army guy brown
    kitty
    domino
    princess toy/locket
    heart pin
    duck

I'm seeing double! lol

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

gnome

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Your list looks just like the last list I posted! ROFLOL!!!

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Pat - yes, in the heuchera by the blue car, it looks like a wooden nose! lol I know it isn't, but it kinda looks like it!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LISA! You did it! You were only missing the 4th army guy! Woo HOOOO! Congratulations! You are the Winner!

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Yippee!!! Way to go Lisa!!!! Congrats!!

• pat_6
    14 years ago

That was crazy!!! Thanks for doing playing that game, Tracy! It's a great idea. I'm sure we'll see it again! I'm off now, to visit with dh.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just took another look at the posts from both Lisa and Pat. They are time stamped at the same moment. I am going to be declaring this a...

TIE!

Both Lisa and Pat will be getting the prizes for this game.

Congratulations to both of you! That was the fastest moving game I think we have ever played! This was quite a hoot. The whole family has been gathered around me throughout the game and they have been cracking up right along with me. Thank you so much for making this such a blast!

You all rock!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

domino
    garfield
    spoon
    blue car
    pink toy princess
    yellow duck
    screwdriver
    clear glass
    sun ornament
    wind chime
    elephant
    toy clown
    purple plastic flower
    3 army men toys

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

For some reason GW logged me off.

Tracy, I believe Pat posted at the same time as Lisa.....

We won't count my list since I took it from Pat! LOL
    I was just playing for fun : )

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pat! Come baaaaaack! I posted a little bit back that you and Lisa posted at the same time. You both win!

Vic, I took a second look and saw that. I hope they notice! Argh! Sorry you got logged out. I was worried that something like that might happen with all the rapid posting we were doing.

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

I went out to water and feed the dogs and was looking at my poor pathetic flower bed and guess what I seen?!?
    A new rose bush coming up!!! Whoo HOOOO Now I just have to figure out what kind! That may take a year or 2 LOL For some reason most of my tags have vanished! I got 2 very nice size rogusa roses in a trade last year and they both appear to have died, but since this other one just came up I am not giving up hope : )

Tracy, that was a fun game! I would do one, but if I tried to hide anything in my flower bed it would be far too easy to see! LOL

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Vic, I am excited that you found your rose bush! That is awesome. I bought a new one this year. It will be my first attempt since I murdered my last attempts years ago. I have been very unlucky with roses.

All of you inspired me to try them again with your talk of roses last year. I will try to keep it alive. It looks good so far. Was a little shocked after I planted it but it has new growth on it and bloomed for me earlier this month. Wish me luck.

I had tons of tags lose their labels over the winter. I used paint pens, which were supposed to be weather resistant. Mostly the ones that I used the grease pencil on stayed better. I am waiting for all my echinacea to bloom so I can put the right names on them again. I may invest in a label machine after a while so I don't have to keep doing this.

I'm glad you had fun with the game. I really had a blast doing it. So did the kids with contributing the toys. We enlisted the neighbor's kids with the army guys. I thought those little devils would be the last to get spotted for sure. Pat bowled me over when they were on her first list. She blew my mind.

If I used any of the other gardens it wouldn't have been so hard. I was thinking about it but then I would have had to prop things up so they wouldn't be all on the ground.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, I'm worn out. I am heading off to bed. I guess you guys are all tuckered out from all this mayhem.

Congratulations again to Pat and Lisa. You guys did great. I have Lisa's addy but I still need Pat's. I thought I had that one too but can't seem to find it.

Pat, I sent you an email sweetie.

Vic, great cheating. I mean, um, way to play!

Karen, awesome job spotting the heart. I was about to bust when you were so close to getting it.

Sassy, if you come back on, sorry I couldn't stay up anymore. I am plum tuckered now. Smooches!

Carmen, hope your last day of the sale goes well Darlin'! Way to play tonight.

Nighters!

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

I've seen your other gardens Tracy, you could hide stuff in all of them! : )

Looks like the game is over and everyone took off!

Annie, I sent you an email. Also, I forgot to tell you, your hosta bed is to die for! and what is that spotted plant in there? Is it a hosta? And is that ummm, shoot, I can't think of the name, I just had it and now my brain is blank! (whats new) AH! Bishops weed? or a hosta with very small leaves?

You will have to post a pic on here so the girls know what I'm talking about. hehe

Night girls!
    Vic

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Wow what a fun game, sorry I missed it.
    Congrats Lisa AND Pat way to go. I just got in a little bit ago I wasn't able to get on until now after I bathed, the SO helped me plant and I am still not finished with everything that needs to be potted up.
    I am HOPING tomorrow (well later today!) I will be finished for a little bit. MAN, my whole body HURTS. We set up a light in the yard and had all the planting material right there within the light view and we planted like mad, well I think he potted up more then I did I was busy making tags.
    I am so glad he helped I think it would have taken me a least a week to pot up everything.
    I can't plant in the yard yet because the flower beds are not ready and I don't want to put anything in just to have that devil grass take over in a few days.

I really hate I missed playing, I know you all had loads of fun. I started to look and then I realized I better check for a winner first LOL.
    Ok well I am off to bed, I am so tired, worn out and sore!
    I sure hope all these beauties are worth it! LOL

Night all,
    :) Fran

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi. Is there a prise for the the next person that post the earlyest? (how do you spell that) hehehe

My goodness I'm not playing this game anymore!!!!!!!!
    I spent most of the night in Tracy's garden looking for toys,baby spoons,dominos, cats and ducks Oh my heavens I didn't realize how involved I got. WHEW!!! What a nightmare
    With not getting any rest I'll be paying people to take my stuff today, maybe I'll hide in my garden and whoever finds it can have it. LMAO I should have had that pina collado!!!(or asked Lisa for some of her neck stuff)hehe

Ladies have a very blessd day,
    Carmen

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Good morning Ladies!

I'm sorry that I just dropped off last night, the pain was just getting too bad. I was laying on the couch with my laptop next to me and remembered the cut and paste feature. I cant believe that I forgot it!!! I sat back up and copied pat's list, she had typed them all in and I had them written on paper. "I really did have the same written down on paper". Well, except for the baby spoon and the gnome(good going Vic!)and that was it for me. I sat up and posted. I had my hubby check for me when he came in from a ball game around 11. Whoo hoo, I won!

I'm hoping today is a better day and I can play a version of I SPY later tonight. I'll post the game at 8pm if we are going to play today.

That was a great idea Tracy, I really enjoyed playing!

Have a great day all
    Lisa

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi. Is there a prise for the the next person that post the earlyest? (how do you spell that) hehehe

my goodness I'm not playing this game anymore!!!!!!!!
    I spent most of the night in tracy's garden looking for toys,baby spoons,dominos, cats and ducks Oh my heavens I didn't realize how involved I got. WHEW!!! What a nightmare
    With not getting any rest I'll be paying people to take my stuff today, maybe I'll hide in my garden and whoever finds it can have. LMAO I should have had that pina collado!!!

Ladies have a very blessd day,
    Carmen

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Actually I posted around 4:45 this morning but I couldn't get the darn thing to post. ERRRR then I posted twise. Boy I pray my day goes better then this morning.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Morning!

Vic, yep, they all took off on us. Finally I did too. I think I know what you're talking about in Annie's picture that you have. It is probably Pulmonaria. I have a few different kinds. Some of it is from Annie. The common name is Lungwort. Most have green to greenish-blue leaves with lighter grey-blue spots on them. Some have wide leaves, others have skinny leaves. There are quite a few varieties out there. They have the prettiest flowers in the spring. They start out bright pink and then turn a deep royal blue.

I put a link for you at the bottom of the post. :O)

Carmen, I know what you mean. I feel a little derailed this morning. I have my first jolt of coffee working it's way through my system. Grab yourself a triple espresso. You'll be back on track soon. :O) You have me chuckling at hiding the sale items. DO it! Then you can charge admission too.

Lisa, I had a feeling that you might have bolted before you knew you won. I can't believe you weren't copying and pasting the lists! OH wow!

I figure that we posted around 70 times during the game last night. That has to be a record.

I will be here with bells on for your game! I can't wait! I hope your poor neck can hold out for it though. I was posting answers as quick as I could, checking my lists, ticking off all the answers, trying to figure out if any got missed. It was hillarious. I can't believe how quick that time went but how long we were playing.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pulmonaria Link at Terra Nova Nurseries

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

I'm back home!!!

It is so hot out again today and yesterday we got more rain! I'm so tired of rain! (sorry, I know some need it in the worse way).

Carmen, Tracy sure knows how to make you work for a prize! Just kidding Tracy.

Sassy, beautiful daylily! and I'm not for sure about what you mean about swaps? But I will e-mail you. I'm thinking you are meaning who is doing the swaps?

Vic, here is one of the pictures I sent you
    ONE OF MY HOSTA/WEED PATCHES

The hosta are not as weed free as Tracy's hosta beds are.

Yes, the spotted plant I believe you are talking about is Sissinghurst White lungwort, and it blooms a very vivid white. I will send you a start of it when I send your box. I've also sent you an e-mail. The other is bishop's weed and believe me you don't want any of it! I've tried for several years to eradicate it and it still comes on strong.

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad you got your iris.

Tracy, thanks for a piece of the Georgia Peach, and I hope to work on your box this coming week also.

Karen, your box is the first that will be dug, so no worries. :O) :O) and I will remember to put in hosta Wolverine in there.

Fran, I love all the hosta, but have to admit I don't have many of the newer ones. Mine are looking a bit ratty due to the storms we had and then I've got some small holes in them from some little creature that has been nibbling. Other than the holes none seem to appear to have any virus.( crossing my fingers)From what I've been reading, I guess it can pop up at any time, even years after you have had your plants.

Sorry If I don't address each of you I need to unload my car, and I will be back later. I'm so glad to be home and I will be on each day until next Friday when my long stretch starts in again.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    14 years ago

Here is the list of swaps, I think this is correct, and if not please correct me!

JAN: SUSIE
    FEB: CONNIESC
    MAR: FRAN
    APRIL: THERESA
    MAY: ANNIE
    JUNE: LISA
    JULY:SHIRLEY
    AUG: SUSIE
    SEPT: GALIUM
    OCT: SASSYBUTTERFLY
    NOV: MARGARET_2007
    DEC: NCGARDENGIRL

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Hello everybody!

Hello Sweet Annie, welcome back!
    I think that bed is pretty! Very FULL, not weedy looking to me. I guess all I see are the pretty plants LOL. Vic is right the lungwort is pretty. I have been eyeing it in the books too.
    I am gonna have to go look up bishop's weed I know what it is I just can't THINK of it right now lol. I just came in from watering my hosta bed and some potted stuff, I couldn't do it all because it was so hot I started feeling funny. Thought it was time to come in an cool off. Some of my meds say stay out of the sun, I wonder if THIS is why LOL.
    I don't have any of the newer hosta either, can't afford the pricier ones. I am happy with what I do have though! So I won't complain one bit!

Well, I thought I would pop in here and see who had posted hehe. I need to go fix supper yeah always FUN....or maybe I will wait just a bit, who knows?

Talk to you all later have a GREAT EVENING,
    :) Fran

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

hello ladies,

THE GAME IS ON FOR 8pm.

I hope you can all come back and play. The prize will be a full sized plant. I'll chose the plant based upon the winners wants list.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Welcome home Annie. I'm glad to see you back safe and sound. I just saw the Sissinghurst White when I was play shopping at Bluestone Perennials site the other night. Until then I didn't know there even was a white blooming one. The pictures they had were pretty tempting!

My bed is definitely not weed free. Especially now, after all this rain. I haven't been able to get close to that bed without needing some waders on. LOL! Well, between the wet and the mosquito problem emanating from the neighbor's stagnant pond. Blech! Everytime I venture over there I get chased out by the buggers.

Your picture is beautiful. I love how full your bed is. That water pump is the perfect touch in that ocean of hosta and friends. I'm coming over to hang out in your yard.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

there are 20 items in here but 1 is reaaaalllly hard, find 19 and I buy you a plant for a prize.

Happy hunting!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

I should have said the first person to find nineteen items wins the prize.

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Wow, Lisa! This one is HARD! I looked and looked but I've only seen 14 items and 3-4 of those I can see but have no idea what they are! I think I'll play the game like some people :) did yesterday. I'll wait! LOL

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

yes Pat, some are really easy and some are hard

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alright, I'm nowhere near nineteen but here goes:

Pedi Toe Spreader
    Pop Can
    Magnifying Glass
    Pear
    Key
    Bell under pedi thing on leaf
    Blue Car below Pear
    Eyeglass Case
    Red Marker
    Square tag hanging on branch
    Blue Fat Crayon
    Blue Fan?
    Bakugan

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Tracy, you crack me up!!!

I dont see half of what you see

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

bakugan
    marker
    bell
    can
    crayon
    fan
    car

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Lisa and Tracy - I'm relieved to see Lisa's response 'cause I don't see 1/2 of what Tracy sees either!! I sure can't make out any car, red marker, pop cans or crayon! LOL! I thought all those cobalt blue things were glass rocks like you put in the bottom of a vase!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Tracy, you have so far

key
    toe
    magnifier
    pear
    eyeglass case
    tag

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Pat,

Tracy has little ones, she sees toys!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Tracy and Pat, did I scare you away?

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Well, here's what I see; though I'm no closer to figuring out what many of the items are...

Eyeglass case
    Magnifying glass
    Pear
    Cigarette lighter
    Key
    ?Golf Ball?
    Something kind of like an ornament hanger to right of red flower, near asphalt
    Pedicure foam on hosta
    Grocery bag? behind hosta
    A white-ish item behind the heuchera looks like a miniature church or house?
    Something cobalt blue above glasses case, under hosta leaf rock? Marble?
    Yellow tag on plant to right of pic
    Another cobalt rock/marble above and left of key
    Something yellow behind liriope, to right of key
    Something dark green/teal to right of liriope, just below pear
    Something on hosta leaf, just at the base of the tree trunk looks like a stick of gum
    Something shiny at bottom of hosta with pedicure foam

Now we can laugh at my imagination!

• pat_6
    14 years ago

Tag on plant with yellow flower to right of pic.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

lighter
    golf ball
    grocery bag
    church or house
    rock or marble
    gum