SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grovespirit

NEW: Butterflies & Hummingbirds Swap

grovespirit
18 years ago

OK here is how this one will work. I will pair everyone up with a partner. Partners trade addresses and send each other a box containing one plant and 5-15 seed packets. Plants and seeds should feed butterflies or hummingbirds. Things like Maypop and Milkweeds that host caterpillars (baby butterflies) are welcome too.

Seed packs need to contain at least 13 big seeds (pea sized or bigger), 20 medium sized (ie tomato seed size), or 40 tiny size (poppy, etc). If your seeds are rare or 2005 commercial, send less packs- if garden harvested, more than 1 yr. old, or common, send more. Common sense & honor system.

Two rooted cuttings are considered one plant for this swap.

One unrooted cutting is equal to one seed pack for this swap.

If you have only plants, substitute cuttings for seeds. If you have only seeds, say so and I will try to find you a partner that has the same situation. People who wind up with no partner for whatever reason will trade with me- though I must warn that I don't have many plants so you might just get seeds and cuttings.

Hope this answers a bunch of questions.

If still interested, please post what you can send (ie the full swap, one plant only no cuttings, or seeds only). That way I can start pairing people up. I would like to get the swap going sometime after wed the 11 but no later than May 15.

Thanks everyone for your participation and interest!

Iris

Comments (13)