SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bossjim1

Has anything like this happened to you.......

bossjim1
16 years ago

and if it has, what did you do about it? This weekend I went through the SPAM folder of my e-mail to see if maybe something I wanted or needed had been filed there instead of going to the inbox. I found an e-mail that said it was from MY e-mail address. I moved it over to the inbox and continued to check, then delete the SPAM folder. I went to the e-mail in question and opened it. It was an illicit ad for a website that sells knockoff ED drugs. Well, needless to say I was aggravated, after all it was from MY e-mail address. I highlighted the sender line and right clicked, then went to properties. Sure enough it was actually from some unknown e-mail address using my e-mail address as a sender name. Then I started thinking, this idiot could and probably is sending this to hundreds or even thousands of people using MY address, so now not only am I aggravated, I'm embarrassed. I forwarded it to the Attorney Generals office, with a note similar to this, but haven't heard anything from them. So, if you have had a similar experience, I would really appreciate any advise you could give. BTW, the wife or I have never gone to any kind of pharmaceutical website.

Jim

Comments (10)