SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apt403

Sick Tom Sprouts - Help

apt403
12 years ago

Hey all, I started some tomato seeds about a week ago - Put them under a heating mat a few days ago, and they all started popping.

I started 12 seeds in peat moss pellets, they've since been transplanted into Dixie cups, and they're doing fine. However, the seeds I started in Oasis cubes aren't looking so hot, pics attached.

I've been watering them intermittently, whenever I noticed the cubes starting to dry out, they've never gotten close to dangerously dry. Tap water, with a few waters of an extreme diluted solution of 5-11-26 + calcium nitrate (more or less just water, further diluted left over from acclimating a raspberry cane into DWC hydro setup).

Lighting is handled by a T12 shop light, 32w bulbs, 6500k spectrum. Light's about 6 inches away from the seedlings, and it's in the low 60s more or less constantly, so heat stress shouldn't be an issue. There's a degree of airflow over them, as well, supplied by a desk fan.

I've considered damping off, but there doesn't seem to be any infection: the roots that I can see (in the plug holes, and a few of the roots have begun to pierce the cubes), seem white and happy.

Any advice or hints is greatly appreciated - I'm starting 300 plants soon, and I'm thinking Oasis cubes aren't the way to go.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sick Tom Photos

Comments (3)