SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celey_gw

Elephant Ear Alocasia

celey
10 years ago

Hi there!
I have had this plant for over 5 months now. It was sold to us as an Alocasia, nothing more. I don't know a LOT about plants so as soon as we got home I searched to learn how to care for it. Realized in my search we had bought a very particular type of alocasia, known as Elephant Ear, I don't know though, if it is a taro plant or not. At first I had it indoors and after a couple of weeks of the plant thriving, it got pests, like mytes, so i tried the soap with no results and later went for the insecticide which killed everything, but I don't know if it was too late or what but the plant seemed to have died... I put it in the balcony (we live on a 3rd floor apt facing south) and to my surprise, started to get leaves back again, they started out small but have become fairly big lately. It had been doing really good, new big leaves started sprouting and it had like 4 big leaves at the same time with a new one coming. I spray water on it daily and water it a little on the big stem also everyday, seemed she was really liking the humidity. But over the weekend the leaves started drying out, first turned a little yellow around the leaves, the a bit of brown and just completely drying up. Seems to be from one moment to the next, friday they were all beautiful, saturday morning the same; somehow during that day something went wrong and it started drying up. Well this morning i went to water it and its worse, and when I look on the soil saw what I've never seen before, some tiny grey worms that seemed to be not moving... i'VE SPENT ALL DAY SEARCHING AND HAVE NO CLUE OF WHAT MY PLANT HAS OR WHAT O DO... and my plant nursery recently closed and have no idea where to go to, or what to do, or who to ask about it. I love this plant and i need help to save it!!! please help!!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Stanford Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Luxury Interior Design Services | Northern Virginia