SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zahl_gw

Avocado tree question.

Zahl
10 years ago

Hi there,

I bet some of these questions have been answered a million times already, but I'm new to the forum and I just figured it would be easier to start a new thread than search all over the place. Sorry.

I have grow an avocado tree inside in a pot. Some of its leaves around the main stem first started getting small brown spots all over them, then the spots became more "aggressive". I just figured that the leaves were getting old, as no matter what kind of search around the web got me nothing but inconclusive answers. Then, after re-potting, it started turning the said leaves yellow and almost rust-like in colour, before finally dropping them. I'm guessing the stress from re-potting it and using a bad soil-mix were the big factors in this.

I've never pruned the tree, which leads me to my question, should I risk doing it now? It's about two years old and about +/-160 cm high. It has branched, but it's only one branch and it happened quite recently. My guess is that I should start over again now that I have a bit more info about it, but I don't really want to chuck it over to start again.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Chris

Comments (2)