SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladon_gw

That old question about the best organic fungicides!!

ladon
11 years ago

Hey gang! How's everyone doing? First time back since summer and of course it's that time of the year to start planning out our strategies for summer gardening. Here in Southern California we're getting pretty close to being able to plant out our tomatoes. So I'm throwing out the same question that I do every year, because every year I have the same problem with my plants...and my solutions (which are different every year) yield different degrees of success... My issue is this...every year around mid summer, regardless of what kind of fungus treatment I use, I start getting yellow spots on my leaves, which eventually start to spread. Those leaves eventually turn brown and dead looking until this ultimately spreads through the whole plant. This usually occurs over the course of 2-3 months, and although I almost always end up with a great yield, the plants do suffer. And ultimately it does effect production. I've gone different routes to combat this situation, which I believe is caused by a grey mold, very prevalent in So Cal. I've tried Serenade and other organic methods. Last year, in an attempt to be more aggressive, I actually tried Daconil, which although a bit more effective, made me very uncomfortable and I don't want to use it again. So I'd love to have you all weigh in on what has worked for you as an effective fungicide...particularly if you live in Southern California. Please discuss products AND methods if you could, including frequency of application and techniques. Thank you all in advance for your input. Looking forward to a great season!!
All the best,
Don

Comments (11)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm