SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hmhausman

In Memorium.....dghays

hmhausman
13 years ago

Sorry to inform everyone that we've lost one of our great Forum contributors. Gary was a genuinely nice guy and very dedicated rare fruit grower. He had asked me to do some airlayers for him and when I didn't hear from I began to wonder. Here's his obituary.

Gary D. Hays, 48, passed away on Saturday, November 27, 2010 at his residence. Gary was born at Hahn AFB in Germany on October 27, 1962. Gary was employed as a Systems Support Engineer at Harris Corp. His hobbies included gardening, growing exotic fruits and native Florida landscaping. He enjoyed fishing, playing tennis and was an avid Dallas Cowboys fan.

Gary is survived by his wife, Donna; step-mother, Iva Hays; his brothers, Mark and Ronnie M. Hays; his sisters, Lisa Caldwell, Linda Kastner and Sheryll Becker, and numerous nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents, Ronnie and Annie Hays. A funeral service will be held at 3 pm on Saturday, December 4 at Florida Memorial Funeral Home, Interment will follow at Florida Memorial Gardens. Donations can be made to The American Cancer Society .

To sign guestbook please go to www.florida memorialfh-gardens.com.

He'll be missed here on the Forum. Rest in peace, Gary.

Harry

Comments (22)

• murahilin
    13 years ago

Very sad news. RIP.

• mangodog
    13 years ago

Thanks Harry - each one we lose is/was part of a "rare" family of plant lovers. I didn't know him, but I feel, somehow, that what we are doing here is unique and may have some future impact .....

Sincerely,

Another Gary (MangoDog)

• puglvr1
    13 years ago

OMG..he was such a nice guy! I'm so sorry to hear this very sad news. RIP.

Thanks Harry for letting us know...he will be truly missed!

• bluepalm
    13 years ago

That is sad news...especially to lose someone with as much passion as he had. He had a good wealth of knowledge and was always willing to help someone out. I'll miss his updates on his garden too.

• mango_kush
    13 years ago

:( He contributed on here for a long time. He will be missed by many I'm sure.

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

OMG!! This is so sad. I always thought he was such a nice kind person. Always willing to help us out, and never made it seem like we were a nuisance. RIP GARY!! YOU WILL SURELY BE MISSED BY US ALL!
    Andrew

• esco_socal
    13 years ago

from one COWBOYS fan to another,
    You'll be sorely missed!

Tim

• yaslan
    13 years ago

Sad news indeed... : ( Rest in Peace, Gary.

• simon_grow
    13 years ago

He will surely be missed on this forum. Thanks for letting us know Harry. Always sad to loose a good person.

• red_sea_me
    13 years ago

A very generous and kind fellow, he is going to be missed for sure.

• ohiojay
    13 years ago

Thanks for passing on the news Harry. He had told me a while back that he was battling another round of cancer treatments. 48 is way to early to check out.

• mullenium
    13 years ago

wow... cancer sucks, this forum will forsure miss his posts

• swrancher
    13 years ago

Gary's death is terrible news. His opinions and insight will be missed by everyone on this forum, RIP.

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Wow Jay, your so right on that one! I never knew he was so young, this is truly tragic!
    Andrew

• nullzero
    13 years ago

Sad news to hear.

• User
    13 years ago

Sad news indeed.

• lycheeluva
    13 years ago

so sorry to hear. RIP Gary.

• rayandgwenn
    13 years ago

Sad news indeed.
    He was always so helpful. He will be missed.

• jsvand5
    13 years ago

Wow, 48 years old. That is just horrible to hear. Does anyone know what type of cancer it was?

• tammysf
    13 years ago

what horrible news...such a big part of the tropical fruits forum. RIP.

• north_tree_man
    13 years ago

Very sad news to read. RIP Gary.

• cath41
    13 years ago

Thank you Harry. It's not a pleasant task. Forty nine is way way too young.

Cath

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting