SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arizsun

Japanese Tomato rootstock seeds group buy

arizsun
15 years ago

Are you interested in and eager to learn GRAFTING for tomatoes?

You use disease resistant rootstock and graft say, heirloom tomato on top, practically making disease resistant heirloom tomatoes.

It started to get popular here but it's norm in Japan (you can buy grafted tomato plant at home centers) and there are many variety of rootstock seeds available there. And they are so much advanced than what you can get in the US.

Takii has Tomato rootstock called "greengurad" and it is resistant to bacterial wilt, corky-root(brown rot root), fusarium wilt (F1, F2, F3) Verticillium wilt, nematode , Tomato mozic virus.

Problem is, it comes in 1000seeds for about $120 + shipping from Japan! Since I'm a home gardener I don't need this many and want to do group buy.

I speak Japanese and will get it from Japan to the US. Once I receive the seeds, I will notify you, you send me check and I will USPS to you.

I need 20 people, $15 each for 50 seeds each. this covers seed cost, shipping from Japan and USPS to you.

Please reply to this post. Once I got 20 people replied, I will buy it and within a month, USPS to you.

I have to do it now for 2010 season since it will be sold out by fall of this year.

*I DO NOT share less seeds for less $ since it's too much trouble. If 50seeds is too many, share with others.

*I DO NOT answer question like "what is fusarium wilt" etc. Please do your homework.

*I WILL email you each for info on grafting techniques in English.

*this rootstock is for tomatoes with Tm-2a resistant variety OR no resistance. If the tomato you want to grow has Tm-1 resistance, the graft will not take.

* I already grafted heirloom brandywine to similar rootstock. it was difficult but finally successful, meaning brandywine will take.

* Grafting vegetable is not easy. Advanced gardener only.

Thank you

Comments (14)