SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Annoying neighbor, what can I do?

mikeandbarb
12 years ago

Hey all, it's been a long time since I've been here. Don't do much gardening these days.

I need some advise and or input to a problem neighbor.

It all started within weeks after they moved in. It is the man of the house we're having problems with and he is a bit aggressive.

There was no fence so as soon as he got settled in he and his father started putting in a fence. I was happy about it at first but when we walked outside the man said, oh I hope you don't mind that we took a few boards off of your fence to make mine fit. Grrrrrr and it has been like this ever since, he doesn't ask he just does what he wants how he wants to do it.

Next thing that happened was he cut our cable for tv. Oh and to top it off he had no permit to put in the fence. Cable guy comes out lays the cable down but doesn't bury it, another company does that. Well, that company never showed up. So neighbor cuts grass and cuts the new cable with the mower.

Cable guy comes out fixes the cable and the other company comes right away to bury the cable.

So life gets back to normal and all is good, till the next time to mow. Neighbor starts mowing our side where our lawns meet. Not a real big deal big that leaves the weed eating needed to be done and DH can't get to it till the weekend do to work so for two, three maybe four days our yard looks bad with the high grass along the fence and flower bed.

Then there is the watering of his front yard, our front yards are very small and hard to set sprinklers just to water your own area but this guy takes it beyond the boundaries, my side is four feet from my driveway to his side propriety. Last summer he set the sprinkler so high the inside of my car got wet. Now every time he waters both my cars get wet and leaves them looking awful. They look like when you get a light rain with dust and water spots.

I don't want to make him an enemy or on the defensive by making him feel like a target of my gripes, even though he doesn't seem to respect what is your property.

TIA, Barb

Comments (5)