SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kckook

Why I'll not order from Mariseeds again.

KCKook
12 years ago

Year after year I have ordered from this company and have been disappointed. I continue to use them as they tend to have the bulk of the varieties I want to grow that year.

Maybe this time I've finally learned!

The initial frustration is that they don't have ANY communication with the customer. Maybe because I'm a backyard grower ordering $30 of seed I just don't matter to them. You order online & get an email from Paypal and that's it.

This year I ordered from them and 3 other online companies. I actually ordered from them 5 days BEFORE the others (Johnny's, TGS, Territorial seed) and the other seed arrived sooner with emails saying when they would be there & "thanks". I left a VM and an email to them...no response. The seed eventually arrived.

At least one variety every year doesn't germinate. It's not like I order anything exotic either, just relatively common heirlooms. One year it was Kosovo, another, Cherokee Purple. This year, Matt's wild cherry didn't germinate AT ALL. Arkansas Traveler barely did (2 seedlings). The seed from the other companies was fine so I don't think it's just ME.

Yes, I'll eventually complain. And they'll maybe send a check for the $3.50 I spent on the seed which will never be deposited as I bank online and it's too much of a pain to drive to the bank to deposit that tiny check. This has been the case the past few years. I'm sure they count on that.

I DON'T WANT A REFUND. I want seed that will germinate!

All I know is I'll never send my $$ to them again.

Comments (22)