SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chachacharlie

HELP! Cordyline trouble!

chachacharlie
14 years ago

Hi peeps! About a month ago, I purchased a gorgeous Hawaiian Ti Plant, with vivid pinks and dark burgundy colors. It was originally grown under a shade house. I purchased it from HD, where they had it inside their greenhouse (WHY, WHY do they keep all their tropicals inside so much shade!!!!)...so I started by slowly acclimating it to the full sun (I live in Santa Monica, CA). Now it's in full sun and it is bleaching and developing burn spots on some of the leaves. I know the plant is still alive and not doing all too bad since there are new leaves coming up. I know these grow in Hawaii's full tropical sun, so I'm assuming they can grow in CA sun as well. I will have to prune the ugly bleached leaves. Will the new leaves be acclimatized? I'm keeping the soil moist, but not wet or soggy, just enough so it doesn't dry up (our current temps are in the upper 60's to low 70's).. don't want to lose it, it's right next to a King Palm and a croton and I just love the texture and color it brings. HELP!

Comments (5)