SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonechickchris

update: Economic Seed Stimulus Swap Partners Incredible Edibles

bonechickchris
14 years ago

HEllo everyone! These are the partners for the IE ESS swap! I tried to pair partners the best I could!

I know I gave a number of 7-8 seed varities to trade, but that is just a suggestion. If you have more to swap, please do! As long as you and your partner can give around the same amounts. Even if you have plants to share, you may, as long as your partner agrees.

Please keep some surprises for your partner! While it is great to know what you are getting, it is also fun to get some suprise varieties too!

This swap is meant for people who have extra seeds to share who are trading for others extra seeds. And just for the price of postage!!!!

I do ask that you please send your seeds in a bubble mailer, which does not cost much at all. You can even use a used bubble mailer! But it will ensure that noone's seeds get crushed during shipping.

Thanks guys! I hope you all have some fun! Remember to keep some varieties as a surprise for your partner to add in the fun!

Christy

Partners!

Bonnnie/highaltransplant~ Mary/Prayerock

Nancy/luvegardening2~ Donna/sunnyk

KAthy/southerncharm1~ Amy/dieg01991

Becky/booberry~ Nichol/gardenmom

Toni/dirtdiggin~ Christy/bonechickchris

Amanda/amandasocial~ Toni/antionine

JandC/JC~ Wendy/Loudbaby

Melissa/Opie12~ Deb/Murphy'sMom

Almost forgot! Please have your partner's seeds out in the mail no later than May 10th. If something comes up and you cannot get them out by that time, please let your partner know before hand!

Let's have some fun!!!! A great way to meet new members, get involved, and share seeds!!!! What could be better?

Comments (73)

• prayerrock
    14 years ago

I got my package from Bonnie! It is wonderful with lots of great herbs and veggie seeds, lot of neat and differant things I have never had and wanted:) She also sent me a very nice pair of garden gloves and I really needed that. And I got a nice writing tablet with cute flower magnets! Thank you so very much Bonnie I love it all!

Sorry i didnt post sooner I have been sick and just not feeling like being on the forms much.

Mary

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

I received my seeds from Amy. Thanks a bunch Amy, I can't wait to get these in the ground. :D Hope you enjoyed what I sent you too.

Becky and Donna, that's awesome! Can't wait to hear those little guys made it to the garden. :D

Kathy

• Related Discussions

new: incredible edibles: spring fling swap

Q

Comments (40)
    Glad y'all had a nice weekend, mine was rather busy! DH works swing shift, so we went out to breakfast instead of lunch or dinner. Spent the rest of the afternoon with the boys, and going around delivering goodies to grandmas :-) Sunday night I started some of my tomato seeds :-) Very exciting :-) Lol, I know what you mean about so many great looking edibles! I have a few orders out myself, and have been looking at a couple of other places that I think can get an order to me in a reasonable amount of time....so many places are so backed up this time of year...lol, all of us ordering seeds :-) I am fine with partners being posted sooner.
    ...See More

NEW: Incredible Edibles Economic Seed Stimulus (side) Swap!

Q

Comments (80)
    LOL Becky!!! What made me have a fear of it was because I watched the guy till up my garden area and I thought that thing was gonna shoot straight up in the air a few times. I almost went running across the garden at one point to catch him! Which would have probably hurt me more than him! HAHAHA! Good thing he didn't see me, he probably would have died laughing at me. I'll use the lawn mower, weed eater, edger and blower though... Go figure. ROFL! (At least Becky has an excuse not to mow! LOL) Bonnie! That's funny too! Neighbors, ain't they great for a good laugh. :D Christy, I'll cross my fingers that you get that tiller when they move. :) I did my flower beds by hand again this year and it was horrible! Took me 2 weeks to get them right. Don't wanna do that again EVER!
    ...See More

Weird, Odd & Unusual Seed Swap! July Incredible Edibles

Q

Comments (39)
    OH YAY!!! My last shipment arrived today, so I'm just finishing up stuffing Becky's package and will have it on its way. I also receive my package from Becky today - we were partners in both swaps, so I have two goodie bags to post lol. What a wonderful and thoughtful package! I received this adorable hand made hand bag/purse. The colors are wonderful in periwinkle, pinks and purples and it looks like the yarns used in it are also hand dyed. And tucked very nicely inside were an adorable pin made from Amber colored Austrian crystals, in the shape of a golden colored doggie...did you know we have a Golden? It's so cute! And a bag of Viennese Vanilla coffee YUM!!!! I'm a coffee nut, so this will be wonderful! And to top that all off, she made sure I am able to make notes with some really cute pencils that match the coloring of the purse. Now for the seed goodies.... Schimmeig Striped Hollow Tomato Emerald Evergreen Tomato Pink Berkeley Tie Dye Tomato- this is just perfect for my garden isn't it? lol Grub's Mystery Green Tomato Marizol Purple Tomato German Red Strawberry Tomato Purple Tomatillo Long Purple Eggplant Starburst Pepper Jimmy Nardello's Sweet Pepper Fish Peppers Peter Peppers - LOL this is for a naughty garden I think ;) Giant Aconcagua Sweet Pepper Black Hungarian Hot Pepper Fenugreek - herb Carrot - Cosmic Purple German Chamomile Blue Podded Garden Pea Chicago Warted Hubbard Pattisons Jaune Et Verte Scallop Squash D'Algiers European Melon Holy cow!!! What a wonderful package! Thank you SO much Becky! This is just an awesome package and I'm excited to plant some of these for this year and some for next :) Now off to post the other items on the other thread!!!
    ...See More

UPDATE: Incredible Edible August Swap Partners.

Q

Comments (63)
    I got my package of my Christy yesterday! It was FULL of seeds and goodies! I won't even be able to name them all here, but I'll name some of my favorites. Oh, and I got a few recipes also, which included: Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella Salad, Melon Cocktails, and Watermelon, Tomato, and Feta Salad! -Red Black Diamond Watermelon -Yellow Striped Watermelon -Round Black Spanish Radish -Bambino Eggplant -Siamese Dragon Stir-Fry Mix (Asian Greens) -Thai Mung Beans -Tigger Melon (I cannot wait to try this one next year!) -Black Cherry Tomato -Twinkle Eggplant -Yellowstone Carrot -Millionaire Hybrid Eggplant -Red Shiso -Black Zebra Tomato -Sakata Asian Melon -Collective Farm Woman Melon -Emerald Gem Melon There was also fun bowls, cups, ice cubes, salad tongs, etc. in the package. I can't thank you enough for a great swap, Christy!
    ...See More
  • booberry85
    14 years ago

Well, I did not make it to the post office today. I did do some gardening though. I potted up a bunch of tomatoes, petunias, impatiens, pansies and holly hocks today (I know ~flowers~~shudder~). I also planted some echinacea & gloriosa daisies. Today some of my tomato plants are "visiting" outside for the first time. They are holding their own out there. I'm planning on rototilling the rest of the garden tomorrow. At some point I need to finish a report for work. It's due Monday. It's about 85% of the way there now. So I'm not overly concerned. It does need to get done over the weekend though.

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Flowers arent so bad Becky....I even dug a little(about 4 feet across maybe) new flower-type garden for a Hyacinth my Sis bought for me for Easter, and some dafs and irises that needed moving....ok so I also put some radish and dill and beet seeds in with the floweres...but it will be our little secret :-)

Kathy...I will be thrilled when I get those veggies in their homes for the season. They are starting to look a little sad waiting to be in good garden soil. But at least I think that most of them will survive to see the garden....not like last season LOL!

• opie12
    14 years ago

I got my package from Deb Friday, lots of really great seeds that I didn't have :-) Thanks Deb!

Also sent my package to her Friday.

Melissa

• murphysmom2009
    14 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got a wonderful package from Melissa, with lots of seeds that I would not be able to find locally, thanks so much Melissa...they will be going into soil today. Deb

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Hey Nancy,
    I finally got to the Post Office this morning. Your seeds are on their way. :-)
    The DC# is : 0308 1400 0000 0107 7638
    I hope you like what I sent.

Donna

....doubting the sun will ever shine again.

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Donna! You sound like me! It has been raining forever! In matter of fact, it is thundering as we speak! Well, you are only a state or so away, so I guess we got the same block of weather pouring down on us!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Nichol, your seeds are in the mail. I emailed you with the DC# just a little bit ago!

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I wanted to let everyone know that I got my seeds from Kathy last week. I am sorry I didn't post sooner but I have been on vacation and got them just as I was leaving for the airport. Kathy sent me a nice fat envelope stuffed with tons of wonderful seeds. Kathy, thank you so much!!!!

Amy

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi guys! I am glad that everything is going well here!
    Usually with our group, we like to post what we receive from our partners, just to make it a little more fun! Plus, some of us are very nosey! LOL!
    So if you can, please share what you have recieved from your partner if possible. Thanks!
    Christy

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I guess my new nickname is "some of us" LOL! Yes, I like to read about what people received.

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Me too, Becky!

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

Me too, "Some of Us"!

ROTFLMBO!!

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Hi folks!

I just received my package from Prayerrock/Mary, and couldn't be more tickled.

So here's the list for "Some of Us" LOL!!!!

Tomato 'German Red Strawberry' (this one was on my wishlist!)
    Tomato 'Chocolate Cherry' (another one I didn't have yet!)
    Sweet Pepper 'Chinese Giant' (Yummy, an heirloom bell type that I didn't have!)
    Several lettuces - Cimmaron, Oakleaf, Black Seeded Simpson, and Bibb (Yum, I love fresh salad!)
    Carrots
    Broccoli 'Green Sprouting Calabrese' (I killed my first batch of sprouts, so glad to have more to plant!)
    Cabbage 'Pyramid F1"
    Sunflower 'Italian White' (this one sounds gorgeous!)
    Sunflower 'Jerusalen Sunrise Lemon'
    Basil 'Purple Ruffles' (one can never have too much basil, and this one is so ornamental!)
    Nasturtiums - 'Tip Top Apricot' and 'Tip Top Gold' (I know the perfect spot for these!)
    She also sent Brussel Sprouts and Black Beauty Eggplant, which we don't eat, but since she sent me so many other awesome things, I'll overlook them, LOL!!!

Thank you so much, Mary! You did an awesome job!!!

Bonnie

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Bonnie, so glad to see that you finally received the German Red Strawberry tomatoes! Thanks for sharing!

Some of us

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok Ok ! I get it! Should I just change "some of us" to "all of us"? LOL!
    Christy

• prayerrock
    14 years ago

Pssst, Bonnie those German Red Strawberry tom seeds are heirloom and organic:)

I am so glad you liked everything dear..God bless you:)

Mary

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Oooops, there was one more thing in the envelope that I forgot to mention, Sweet William. Mary, do you happen to know what color it is, or is it a mix?

Hey, guess what I'm doing tomorrow? Driving to the other side of the state for the Rocky Mountain Gardening forum's annual Spring Swap! New plants, and a potluck ... it doesn't get much better than that, LOL. As an extra bonus though, the other person in Colorado that's participating in the Sweet 100 swap, is going to be there, and just happened to have received the box on Wednesday, so I get to bring home a whole box full of seeds to sort through, and pick out what I want. Yippee!!!

Bonnie

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

WOW Bonnie, nothing like perfect timing! Sounds like a whole lotta fun and you get to meet her as well :) Hope you two have a great time. I'm only a few after you :)

OH MY I received my package today from Christy...She SPOILED ME!!

I'm still working on listing everything out that she sent, but I'll be posting it all shortly.

BBL to post it all for "some of us" to see :) lol

Thank you so much Christy. I hope your package gets there soon. I'm so excited for you to see your goodies :)

Toni

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Okay, I'm back...

Well after being in the cuttings swap, Christy sent me some wonderful cuttings from her yard to try to start. Her zone is about a month or so behind us, so they're all still close to dormant and they should root beautifully...so here are the cuttings....

Celest Figs
    Grape - Sweet Lace Patio
    Grape - Glendola Seedless
    Grape - Reliance Seedless
    Butterfly Bush - Black Knight
    Butterfly Bush - Bi-Color
    Butterfly Bush - White Profusion

Oh and she sent me some wonderful Hostas from her yard. I LOVE them!

Blonde Tiara
    Lacey Belle
    Blue Cadet
    One no name

And she sent some seedlings....

Basil
    -Greek Mini Verani Basil
    -Purple Ararat Basil
    -Osim Basil
    Pepper
    -Sheppherd Rams Horn
    -4-Way
    -Purple Beauty
    Tomato
    -Purple Pear Brandywine
    -Yellow Submarine
    -Giantissimo Oxheart

Now for the amazing batch of seeds....

Ce-Ce Garbanzo Beans - Chick Peas
    Garden Bean - Gourmet Mix
    Mexican Sour Gherkins
    Burpless Cucumber
    Cucumber-Wisconsin SMR pickler
    Cucumber-Longo Da China
    Peperone Sigaretta Dolce - Sweet Pepper
    Zucca Piacentina- Green Grey Pumpkin mmmmmmmmm!!
    Zucca Tonda Padana- Pumpkin Oh YUMMY!!
    Marina Di Chiogga- Squash
    Bennings-Green Tint Scallop
    Queensland Blue - Squash
    Cotton Candy Pumpkin
    Tromboncino - lol ;) Sorry had to laugh cause I sent her this one too lol
    Pink Bush Banana - Oh this sounds awesome cause I have the vining one...YUMMMMY!!
    Ronde De Nice Zuke
    Fordhook Zucchini
    Zucchini Romanesco
    Alberello Di Sarzana Zucchini
    Golden Zucchini
    Fagiolo Rampicante Supermarconi pod bean
    Basil - sweet
    And Tomatos....

Yellow submarine
    Bear Creek
    Black Master
    Amish Gold
    Sweet Orange Roma
    Italian Gold

Oh and some FRESH, from her garden Bay Leaves
    and some Nichols Garden Nursery Herb Blend Pasta Sprinkle Oh I can't wait to try that!!!

I think I got it all - there's so much I'm not sure if I got it all, but HOLY COW!!!!!! What an amazing box!!!!

Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!!!! I'll be busy for a while getting stuff sown and I'll have more for next season as well.

Thanks again Christy.

Toni

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Oh Shoot I missed these.....

Dragon's Egg Cucumber - My little one wanted these...he's elated!
    Golden Sunrise Swiss Chard
    Pole Bean di Spagna Bianco
    Luffa Sponge Gourd
    Italian Misticanza Salad Mix
    Purple Of Sicily Cauliflower - OH this has been on my list for a while :)
    Extra Dwarf Pak Choy
    Purple Plum Radish
    Purple Beauty Pepper
    Cauliflower - Brocoverde
    Purple Ruffles Basil
    Hopi Blue Dent Corn
    Ruby Queen Sweet Corn
    Painted Mountain Organic Sweet Corn - Oh this sounds WONDERFUL!!!!
    Early Choice Sweet Corn

Well hopefully I have them all now...

I can't thank you enough Christy - Thanks again :)

Toni

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Wow, Toni! It's like you won the lottery or something, LOL! Great job, Christy!!!

Bonnie

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

Holy Cow! That's one amazing box!!! lol Great job Christy! :D

Bonnie, sounds like you'll be having a blast! I'm so jealous!!! :D The "some of us" will definitely want to know what loot you bring home. ;)

• gardenmom2
    14 years ago

Hi Everone. Sending my box on Monday. I received Becky's box today. I will have to make a list of all the seeds she sent b/c OH MY !!! She sent me a huge enve full. It is great and she sent me several of my most wanted's too, so I am ecstatic. I am on my out the door, but will post a list for everyone later on. She also sent garden gloves which are very cute.

Thank you soooo very much.

Nichol

• loudbaby
    14 years ago

I received a box from JandC/Crystal's and OH MY GOSH! It's FULL of cuttings, bulbs and seeds. She was so generous! I'm working on a list, but, ....got to have priorities. Had to get those babies in the ground. I'll post the listing of what I received today. Thanks so much JandC/Crystal!!!!!!

Wendy (Loudbaby)

• loudbaby
    14 years ago

Ok! I got

Plants/cuttings:
    Mixed crocus
    Grape Hyacinth
    Ice dance sedge
    Ajuga
    fern
    Peony
    Penny Royal
    Hens N Chicks

Seeds
    ornamental corn
    squash and gourds
    many many many varieties of sunflowers
    flower mix
    moonflower vine
    hosta
    Collards
    Hyacinth bean
    sweet pea
    Nasturtium
    Danvers carrots
    Oregon Sugard Pod II peas

Yea! I've worked my boodie off all weekend.

Thank you JandC/Crystal!

Wendy (loudbaby)

• gardenmom2
    14 years ago

Hi everyone. I am back with a list of what Becky sent me. She was so generous and I want to say thank you again. She sent:

Dragon Tongue Beans
    Cherokee Trail of Tears Beans (*Really wanted)
    Galeux dEysines Squash (*Really wanted)
    butter Cup Squash
    Brittle Wax yellow Bean
    Grand Rapid Loose LEaf Lettuce
    Iceberg Lettuce
    Bibb Lettuce
    Sweet Banana Pepper
    \Yellow Pear Tomato
    Lucky Cross Tomato
    Lettuce
    Loseleaf Lettuce Mix
    Yellow Bell Pepper
    Red, Yellow, Green Pepper Mix
    Lebanese White Marrow Sq.
    Blue Hubbard Sq.
    Pink Banana Sq.
    Italian Zucchini Romanesco
    Heirloom Bush Bean Mix--Vermont Cranberry and Taylor Dwf

Flowers:
    Wild White Aster
    Orange Glo
    Lilac Seeds
    Zinnia Mix
    Yellow Lanceleaf Coreopsis
    Tall Mix Zinnia
    Purple Liatris
    Tall Lupines
    Heuchera Palace Purple
    Dames Rocket
    Heuchera Marbled Green
    Gaillardia Blanketflower
    Dwarf Zinnia Liliput mix
    marigold Crackerjack mix

And I actually think I forgot a couple.

She also sent me a cute pair of polka dot green and blue garden gloves.

Thank you again. Your enve is going out tomorrow.

Nichol

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Here is my Spring Swap report. It took 3 hours to get there, but the drive is all the way through the Rocky Mountains, so extremely scenic. On the way home, my oldest son and I saw a herd of buffalo, 7 bighorn sheep, and 8 deer along the side of the road. At the swap, there were lots of familiar faces, and some new friends made as well. For lunch, there were several yummy salads, one with bronze fennel in it, which I had never tasted, fruit salads, deviled eggs, and lots of desserts. My son, who's ten, said "Mom, where's the meat?" I said, "Son, this is a gardener's potluck, not a church potluck!" LOL!!!

So here's what I brought home:

Bronze fennel - after tasting it, I've got to try and grow it now
    Tomatoes - Big Rainbow, and Cherokee Purple (only half of my wintersown tomatoes have sprouted so far, so these are my insurance policy)
    Chocolate mint
    Pineapple mint
    Sedum angelina cuttings
    Wandering Jew cuttings - can you believe I didn't have one?
    Poached Egg plant
    Agastache 'Apricot Sprite'
    Dahlias 'Victorian Mix'
    Lily - don't know the name, but they're supposed to be orange

Didn't get anything planted out today, but I did go through the Sweet 100 swap box, and will started packaging up my contributions to get it ready to send on its way tomorrow.

Bonnie

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Nichol, glad you like the seeds. I'm glad I had so many things on your list!

Happy Gardening!

• j_and_c
    14 years ago

Sorry it's been a while since I checked in. I did get my package from Wendy and it had sooo many seeds in it. I don't have time to list them all right now, but she sent lots of different kinds of tomatoes, and lots of other things. I will hopefully have time to post a list soon. J_and_C

• southerncharm1
    14 years ago

Awesome package Nichol! Great job Becky!

Bonnie, too funny about no meat! Bronze fennel is one of my favorite herbs, it's so neat looking and tasty. Sounds like you got quite a selection from the swap. Awesome!!! :D

Crystal, I can't wait to hear what you received! :)

• luvgardening2
    14 years ago

I received my package from Donna on Friday. Sorry about my tardiness.

This is what I got in my package. I seriously need to find more gardening space. :o)

Chicago Warted Winter Squash
    Pak Choi
    Cool Green Melon
    Mini Red Bell
    Carosello Barese Cucumber - I am going to sow these ASAP
    Musque de Provence
    Adapazari Squash - I have to look this up, never heard of it
    Brown's Jubilee Tomato
    Piment d' Espelette Pepper
    Hearts of Gold Cantaloupe
    Orange Strawberry Tomato - On my wishlist
    Eggplant "Romanesca" - Another I have to look up
    Runner Beans- Insuks Wang Kong

Thanks again Donna for a wonderful package. I did ship yours out on Friday. I did get DC but I am not sure where I put it at the moment. I am guessing you should be receiving it soon. I hope you enjoy my selections.

Nancy

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I grew Adapazari Squash last year. It is like a Jarrahdale pumpkin on steroids. It is slate blue in color and can get up to 40 lbs. They are very dense. My biggest last year was 14.5 lbs, but looked the size of an 8-10 lb pumpkin. They probably need ~110 days to maturity. I started mine the beginning of June and harvested in mid October (I got tired of covering them because of frost threats.) They are good for eating and making pies. The immature ones are good for eating too.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

One more tidbit about Adapazari squash: they are a common squash in Turkey.

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Nancy,

I received some adapazari seed in a trade over the winter and I did some searching. This is what I found....

Adapazari is difficult to find info on. There is a post on GW of some pics and it's also called King Squash. It's created by the same person who created the Giant Atlantic Pumpkin. The Adapazari has ribs like a pumpkin but it's a slate blue color and can get up to sizes in excess of 1000 lbs each. The seeds were amazingly viable and the plants are beautiful!

Hope you have fun with that one :)

Toni

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Here's a link to a pic of a couple of huge ones. But to grow them that size, you have to choose one and break the others off.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Here's the thread link to the ones I grew last year. Mine were a much more reasonable and manageable size. If you scroll down the page, you'll see a link to the Giants forum. The picture there looks much more like the squashes I grew called "Adapazari."

Here is a link that might be useful: Adapazari Squash.

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I received my seeds from Nichol today! Here's my list of loot!

Georgia Collards
    Rutgers Tomatoes
    Roma Tomatoes
    Large Red Cherry Tomato
    Savoy Perfection Cabbage
    Red Acre Cabbage
    Black Beauty Eggplant
    Grand Rapids Lettuce
    Detroit Dark Red Beets
    Early Scarlet Globe Radish
    Parsley
    Chinese Mung Beans
    Pinto Beans
    Golden Wax Beans
    Top Notch Beans

Thanks so much Nichol!

• sunnyk
    14 years ago

I recieved from Nancy today...wow what a selection!!

Radishes:
    Early Scarlet Globe
    Watermelon(love this variety and ran out of seeds so I am thrilled to get more!)
    Black Spanish(excited about these)

Melon Green Nutmeg(on my wish list)
    Tomato Andrew Rahart's Jumbo Red(on wish list)

Beets:
    Chiogga
    Cylindra
    Ruby Queen

Squash:
    Tri Color Zucchini(love zuchs!!)
    Cocozelle
    Patty Pan White

Cucumbers
    Straight Eight
    Miniature White
    Marketmore76
    Homemade Pickles
    Armenian(sounds cool)
    Garden Sweet
    Muncher
    Hybrid
    Mici Hybrid( sounds cool too!!)

Thank You so much for all of these goodies!! Now if the weather would just settle down so I could do some serious planting, LOL!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Those are AWESOME packages Becky and Donna!

Have been in contact with Christy a bit, she's under the weather and hasn't been able to stop in. I hope she's better soon.

Take care and happy planting

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey Guys!
    Sorry I have not been posting as much as usual, my allergies are so extreme this year. I cant even leave the house. It is driving me insane! The headaches make my computer time very short.

But on a happy note, I recieved my awesome package from Toni! We were partners in both the Double Delights swap and the ESS swap, so I am just going to list everything from both swaps to make it easier!

For seeds, I got:
    lunar white carrot
    ZUKES~ one ball,cocozelle,billiard,8 ball

PEAS~ sugar ann,dwarf grey sugar, manmouth melting sugar,chick peas
    BEans~ bobis d'albenga, asparagus winged, mccaslin,trifono violetto,black turtle, asparagus, pianted lady,jacobs cattle, Firetongue

Squash~ greeen hubbard, buttercup,triamble,cirrouville de tourraine, gold nugget, pA dutch crookneck,jaune gros de paris, musquee de provence, galeux d'eysines, seminole,rouge vif d etampes, acorn, tromboncino

Strawberry and Butter/sugar corns

Spicy Globe Basil
    BEETS~, sugar,Salad leaf Lutz, china rose, rat tail
    Romanesco Artichoke and Violetto

And some living goodies, plants/starts/cuttings, etc.!

Purple potatoes
    sunchokes
    Kiwis
    lowquats
    stevia
    assorted grape vines
    plumeria

Bulbs of garlic, shallots and onions

and a few chocolate goodies!

I know I must have forgotten something, sorry if I did Toni! Just so much stuff you gave me, I cant help it! LOL!

I received her box on Saturday, but with my minimal time on the computer, I only got to post now. Thanks for waiting Toni!

I am so excited about everything! How about all of those new squash to try! Half of them are new to me which is a good thing! I cant wait to grow them! And all of the stuff already grown, sunchokes, cant wait for them! Those are a first for me also!So thoughtful to have such things, started for me already, which take a lot of time, and watchfulness to make them alive! So a special thank you for all of the living stuff you especially started for me!!

Thanks again for all of the great things for our 2 swaps together!
    Christy

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Ooooh, nice box Christy! Hey, just wanted to let you know that I got the trellis put up today, and planted some of those Scarlet Runner beans that you sent me. I'll post a picture once they're up and running.

Hope you start feeling better soon! I have allergies too, but they are not near as bad since I moved to Colorado. Of course, it's not lush and green here like it is in the east, and I do miss the trees, but I sure don't miss being in a fog for the entire spring!

Take care,
    Bonnie

• antoinine
    14 years ago

Has anyone heard from Amandasocal? I sent her a packet last week and haven't heard from her and emails are unanswered. Hope all is well.

• bonechickchris
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ohh, I am glad you got them planted Bonnie! Did they go in the flower bed or veggie bed?

HI Toni (antoinine), no, I have not heard from her. Did you recieve a package from her yet? Send me an email and let me know! Christy

Who are we still waiting on to recieve their package? Just doing a check up!

• antoinine
    14 years ago

Heard from her today. She got it and mine is on the way to me. She said life just got in her way and I can definitely understand that. She is good people.

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Smack dab in the middle of the main perennial bed : )

{{gwi:394935}}

• antoinine
    14 years ago

Got a great package of veggie seed today from Amandasocal. Pretty much everything for a ready made veggie garden! Maybe next year I will just pull her envelope out and not worry about sorting through the ones I already had :)

Thanks Amanda!

• booberry85
    14 years ago

Bonnie, I love the trellis! Thanks for sharing the pic.

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Your welcome, Becky! I didn't have any luck direct sowing the beans, but I sowed some in a container today, which I usually have much better luck with on peas and beans, so I'll just plant them out as soon as they sprout.