SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbgrow

WET My Feet! Water Gardening seed/plant swap #3

greenthumbgrow
15 years ago

Yeah! the time is here to start posting our lists and requesting from others.

Post your lists: During the month of April - End of Month

Mail Date: May 11th

Rules for the Swap:

Included in the swap could be items like submergable(Oxegenator) plants, floating plants, bog plants, tropicals or grasses to put around the pond or bog.

I will post a note over on the water gardening forum so they will know for those interested.

This is a a list-it/select it swap. Where you will list what you have to offer and let the others select from the list.

When you send your plants, include postage for a small flat rate box ($10.35) and a return mailing label in your package so it can be returned to you with the plants you have requested. Friendly Reminder: If the swap is a hugh success and you select a whole lot of stuff you may need two boxes - Just a note in case. If you do not want to do two boxes just don't select as much stuff from other peoples lists -But it is hard ;-)

**I know on the water forum they exange snails and other stuff like that- This is acceptable but please be sure to package them in the correct manner. Thanks.

NOTE Be sure to label each plant sent with the plant name and gwname of person it will be going to.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE CURRENT OFFERS/REQUESTS... Being update by our own Fran... Thanks Fran!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Wet My Feet Offers and Requested Pages

Thanks,

Tammy

Comments (74)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

WOOHOO that was a great deal Tammy!

NEW REQUEST:
    From greenthumbgrow:
    Black Pussy Willow Cutting

I've never seen ANY of the pussy willows for sale around here, can you believe that?

Thankyou!
    ~Wendy

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Elizabeth, I have your seeds put aside for you. Your jewelry is gorgeous.

• Related Discussions

NEW! Wet My Feet! Water Gardening Seed/Plant Swap

Q

Comments (4)
    A group swap is when multiple people sign-up to swap what they have. They take place under the Round Robin Exchange forum. Normally once the swap goes live the participants make a list of items they would be willing to swap and for then you pick the ones you want from the others list you can choose one of someone elses. The plants / seeds/ etc. are then mailed to the designee who swaps all the plants etc into the correct mailer and sends them back out. Thats just the quick version. They are a lot of fun. You should check out the forum and view a couple that are going on right now. I LOVE the seed swaps (they are my fav.) I get alot of awesome seeds that way. Normally whoever is doing the swapping will look at your want list and try to match up your top wants. Its pretty fun. This is the first water one I have done. Hope that helps. Tammy
    ...See More

Cottage plants that dont mind wet feet

Q

Comments (11)
    I had the same issues, and had a landscaper come over for just an hour to give me advice. That was the best hour as he helped me design my front yard, which I in turn did myself, but he told me to dig a trench around the boggy area and start adding alot of grass and other mulch to it to built it up out of the mud. All the back yard water drains into it. This year I planted my veggie garden there. It was the only sunny place outside of the front yard, so all we had were tomatoes, jalapenos and bell peppers. This spring we will finally dig our ditches larger and add river rock. And I have piled leaves, grass, hay, and pulled weeds to that area. Will have to continue next year.
    ...See More

WANTED: 3rd annual wny plant swap at garden_frog's (albion, ny)

Q

Comments (33)
    I'm so excited to see so many people can attend! And so relieved Husky was able to chage her flight!!! (Even if she did mess up my name!!!) :) It's great to have all our repeat atendees as well as some new faces!! Let's do Sunday since a few people prefer that day...so it'll be June 4th then! Anyone have a preference on time? Maybe 11am? Let me know if that's ok for everyone or if people prefer a later time. I started some major garden renovations this weekend, so we may still be under construction when you all get here. I'm hoping to have them finished by then though!! We'll ready for plants at least!! :) Magicman and deprived wife and any other newcomers, if you have any other questions, feel free to keep posting them here or email me (or any of us who have attended previously) and we'll be happy to help you out. I'm going to start a new thread where you can post what you have and what you want. I would also strongly suggest listing it under your garden_web trade list as well! Looking forward to seeing you all in June!!
    ...See More

update: mnf scared my plants off halloween seed swap

Q

Comments (146)
    Well, I must not have walked under any ladders or had any black cats cross my path because boy do I feel lucky!! My seed packet has arrived with the most wonderful assortment of seeds. Are you sure it's not Christmas? Trading seeds is always fun, but with Alana leading the way, and everyones participation and fantastic seeds, this was the most fun trade ever. I have loved it all. Special thanks to you Alana for all the work and thoughtfulness. To each of the traders thank you for sharing all these seeds!! Must get back to my oohing and aahing. :)) Happy Halloween I'm off to see the Wizard! Jean/recipesaver2
    ...See More
  • greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

wendy and fran - You are both confirmed for the willow.

Isn't it a beauty. I was soooo excited when I found it you just wouldn't believe it. I think I embarrased DH as I had to find the person in charge to get them because they were not offered for sale yet but you bet I wasn't going to be mising them. LOL

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

OK, I have worked on the webpages again, I think I have everything corrected.
    aqua, I didn't have those plants down as your have plants, Marian had them, that must been where the mix up happen I think Elizabeth just read it wrong.

Ok, there are so request that need to be confirmed PLEASE look over the REQUEST page for YOUR name under the person who is requesting your items, IF they are not RED PLEASE CONFIRM you have these for the person.

Thanks!

I KNOW a swap like this can be confusing and it is hard to keep track of the request being made, this is why I made the pages. I had hoped it would be easier on everyone to be able to see them all in one place. HOWEVER, it only works if everyone uses them :O lol....

:) Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK TO REQUEST PAGE

• victorian_bellefonte
    15 years ago

Hi Aquawise,

Thanks for the offer of foxtail! I'd definitely like some.

Wendy, how's your dog doing??

Elizabeth

• victorian_bellefonte
    15 years ago

Yeah, I just must have gotten to excited over all the great offers and misread! ;)
    I just looked over the pages, and here's a couple of updates:
    I confirmed Wendy's requests from me and she confirmed mine from her.

NEW REQUESTS
    Black Pussy Willow cutting from Tammy
    Foxtail, Elodia and variegated water celery from Aquawise

Aquawise, I just looked at your wants page, and I have a few seeds each of peony poppies (purple) and black eyed susan vine I can send in for you. I'm hoping this is okay to offer directly to you, but since I'm asking for so many of your plants, I wanted to make sure you get something from me too! If this isn't okay, someone please let me know.

Also, I saw that Aquawise was looking for zebra grass seedes. I also have a huge clump of zebra grass I may be able to saw a clump off of if anyone is intersted. These clumps may not be pretty, but they should grow!

NEW OFFER
    Zebra grass (gets about 4' tall)

Elizabeth

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

NEW REQUEST:
    from Victorian_Bellafonte
    a small lil clump of Zebra grass please! :) I love the variegation of it but I just need a lil bit :)

NEW OFFERS
    *Clumping pond grass - similar to Zebra grass but NON-VARIEGATED. I don't know the official name it was in my mom's backyard and has been for years.. forms a nice clump, gets about 3-4' tall and is pure light green in color. Right now it's only about 12" tall so it's a perfect time to divide it up.
    4 offers

SEEDS OFFER:
    Purple Datura 'Ballerina' just 5 seeds - 1 offer
    Emelia Tassel Flower - 2 offers
    Tecoma Stans 'Yellow Bells' - 2 offers (poisonous if ingested - tropical)
    Hardy Hibiscus (white w/ pink throat) 9 seeds - 1 offer
    Digitalis Lanata 'Wooly Foxglove' - 1 offer
    Virginia Stock (pink / purple mix) - 4 offers
    Fortnight Lily - 1 offer
    Godetia - 3 offers
    Hosta 'Honeybells' - 1 offer
    KMOTGG - 5 offers
    Vitex Agnus Castus (Lilac Chaste Tree) - 3 offers
    Licorice Fennel - 3 offers
    Pink Pampas Grass - 1 offer
    Globe Gilia - 2 offers
    Clethra Alnifolia 'Hummingbird' - 3 offers
    Orchid Tree - 3 seeds (TROPICAL!!)
    Datura Wrightti - HUGE white blooms - 1 offer
    Verbena Bonariensis - 3 offers
    Bottle Gentian - 1 offer
    Coastal Tidy Tips - 1 offer
    Popcorn Cassia - 1 offer
    Zamia - 1 offer
    Amsonia - 1 offer
    Red Castor Bean - 1 offer

**Please make sure your choices will grow in your zone, some of these are definitely of the tropical variety.

My dog is doing a lil bit better.. not sure yet what her issue was! She was running around some this morning but then she kinda lays around and sulks. I'm going to change their food again and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for asking! :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• victorian_bellefonte
    15 years ago

Hi Wendy,

I've got you down for grass!

NEW REQUEST from Wendy
    Clethra Alnifolia 'Hummingbird' (yay!)
    Emelia Tassel Flower
    Globe Gilia
    Amsonia

NEW OFFER
    White gooseneck loostrife

Seeds
    Mountaineer White Half Runner Bean (heirloom)

• grolikecrazy
    15 years ago

New Request

From victoria belfonte:
    Yellow Twig dogwood,
    Penstemon 'Husker Red
    White gooseneck loosestrife
    Clematis
    Zebra grass

From Sassy:
    Pink Pampas Grass
    Globe Gilia
    Clethra Alnifolia 'Hummingbird' -
    Datura Wrightti
    Verbena Bonariensis
    Thanks you two

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

NEW REQUEST:
    From victorian_bellafonte-Elizabeth
    a small clump of Zebra grass please
    Mountaineer White Half Runner Bean (heirloom)trying to collect heirloom beans

From sassybutterfly_2008-Wendy
    Hosta 'Honeybells'
    Licorice Fennel
    Clethra Alnifolia 'Hummingbird'

Wendy I am glad the puppy perked up! It is worrisome when an animal gets down because we have no idea what to do.
    I was upset yesterday because my SO's beagles (BEAGLES! the most NONAGGRESSIVE DOG EVER) jumped on my new Great Pyrenees Puppy and hurt her, it nicked her eye on the outside of her eye. I was so glad they didn't mess her up physically, maybe emotional but no physical damage but they jumped her to the point the she had to be taken out of the lot with them, the thing that gets me is SHE is BIGGER then them. I don't understand what happened or why but he heard them jumping her and he said they had her down like they were going to kill her, and it was Lily and Luke! I am still shocked, I posted pics of them somewhere on here.
    At any rate, I wanted to let her roam the yard anyway but she was pulling out plant tags and I couldn't have that so I put her back in there with them, but since this happened she will be free I guess. Better safe then sorry, I can't have her getting hurt. I thank goodness she isn't. She is so sweet!

OK, I will update the pages with the newest info tonight. I will post when it is completed.

• dixiedazzle
    15 years ago

from Victorian Bellafonte

Clematis
    Zebra grass

• aquawise
    15 years ago

As much as I hate to say this I am out of trades!! I will confirm all so far but no more. This has been great fun I cant wait for trade day. If I have and " I am that I will" have some thing extra I will send them for those that just want some plants.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Aqua it is amazing how fast the plants disappear in a swap isn't it? At least you had stuff we all wanted right?
    I just realized how quickly this swaps mailing date is approaching LOL.
    I can't wait to get things going and ready. I am sure it will go smoothly.

Well I have not gotten a chance to work on the pages tonight, I am sleepy and going to bed. I will update as soon as I can, I hope it will be Saturday some time...

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

What I have so far on who has requested from me:

greenthumbgrow-Tammy:
    Litrope
    Thalia dealbata
    Orange Canna
    Wild Daffodils

sissifriss-Myraih:
    Litrope
    Thalia dealbata
    Orange Canna
    Wild Daffodils

sassybuterfly_2008-Wendy
    Litrope
    Thalia dealbata
    Orange Canna
    Wild Daffodils

growlikcrazy-Chris
    Litrope
    Thalia dealbata
    Orange Canna
    Wild Daffodils

victorian_bellefonte-Elizabeth
    Thalia dealbata

I think I have everyone down, I am going to go back over the first post again sometime this weekend to make sure I did not miss any offers that were offered and request so far so I can make sure the webpages are as accurate as possible.

Myriah I see were I had missed your request on the pages BUT I knew you had requested from me, and I THOUGHT I had it on there but I went to recheck and at some point I either managed to remove it or I missed putting it there all together...no worries as you can see I have you down lol.

I will be dividing the plants today and getting them ready to mail in, do you all realize how close we are to mailing this swap to Tammy? OH MY GOSH time sneaks by so fast!!!

Ok everyone have a great weekend and I will be back to posted the corrected pages links as soon as possible, after I am sure they are correct could everyone PLEASE go over them and confirm the plants requested? If they are not longer available I would like to be able to note that too.

NOTICE OUT OF:
    With the above request I will no longer have any Thalia dealbata left! Thanks for requesting it.

THANKS BUNCHES!!!

• bigmama4ever
    15 years ago

requested from me, 1tammy caladium bulbs, bt canna, and purple oxalis. you think you might have some pink waterlilys later on?? 4 becky hen and chicks. 5 wendy grab bag haen chicks, bt canna, purple oxalis.10 fran bt canna, succulants, 13 chris bt canna, and victorian begonias,bt canna, green oxalis. out of purple oxalis...requests from sissifris fiber optic indian and lemon grass, kin2mice, ostrich ferns, lovelyiris waterlilys? taro all kinds, lotus? dbaily yellow and white water lilis, lotus tubers when warms up, dixietn waterlily unknown color, if these are plants no seeds, victorian clematis.. i confirm all requests..does anyone have any egytian papyrus? any red waterlylis..please..cant wait o yea have one bonnie spider plant to offer.. norma

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Norma - I know I will and I may have it for you this time. I just found another bucket that fell to the deepest level of my pond and will have to pull it up to check the color on the tag to make sure they are pink. I think they are but need to double. If they are not and I can't get them now I will def. mail you some as they multiply.

I would like to add my last
    NEW REQUEST:
    Wendy -
    pink pampas grass seed
    Hosta 'Honeybells'

Victorian -
    White Goodeneck Loostrife

All mine are confirmed. - With exception of the black moundry grass. It is not where it is suppost to be and I am not sure which clump it would be as they are all just starting to send shoots and they all look the same. Sorry about that one.

Please send me an email if you do NOT have my address already. I believe I sent it to everyone but want to make sure you all recieved it.

Yeah, We are almost there. I want to make sure to say thank you to each of you for participating in the swap and I truely hope you all had as much fun as I did. Also a Big thanks to Fran for keeping track of the lists.

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok ya'll I am sorry but I haven't had time to check the threads to get the updates done, I have been busy. Trying to get seeds started, watering plants, moving the fishes and cleaning the tank, dividing the plants for this swap, planting stuff.
    There is honestly NOT enough time in the day to do all that needs to be done!

I will get those pages done. I will try my best before Monday gets here.

I am going to bed in the next few minutes....wow where did the day go?

• victorian_bellefonte
    15 years ago

What a day! The Festival Gods were smiling, and we had perfect weather for the art festival. Crowds were way down, but lots of returning customers made it a great day for us despite the economy...whew! My new line of ginkgo, morning glory, naturtium and oak leaf hydreange leaves in earrings and pendants did really well...thank goodness!

Anyway, I'm back to gardening for now until late June, so I can focus again! Everyone is confirmed that had requests from me. I'm not looking forward to sawing up the zebra grass, but hopefully DH can be cajoled into helping!

NEW REQUEST
    Wild daffodils from Fran

Fran, we are dealing with agression issues with our new pug puppy, Grace. We have two engl. springer spaniels, one who loves her, one who would happily eat her. We've tried a bunch of things, but the one just won't accept her. We've been keeping them separated, but giving Grace time with the one that likes her. It's a pain doing the constant shuffling, as I'd like to have them all outside with me while gardening. My sis is a vet out in NV, and suggested a behavioralist to help work on it. I just don't know how they'd be able to do anything different...

Hope your little girl is doing better...our neighbors had a Great Pyrenees, Savannah, and she was such a wonderful dog.

Elizabeth

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ah Elizabeth, Stormy is fine, so fine in fact I came to the conclusion that is was a conspiracy they cook up just so she could get out of the dog lot! She had been getting out everyday but after removing several plant tags and chewing them up I decided she was too much puppy right now to be allowed around the tags so in she stayed.
    She is happy as a lark being out of the lot, and she seems to be doing a little better with the tags, those that are sticking up are still to much for her to pass up on and she grabs them, I guess I will have unnamed plants thanks to her.
    She is a fabulous dog though she has a great personality and disposition I am THRILLED to have her, she is going to make a great guard dog which is the reason for getting her so I am happy with what I see from her so far.
    Ya'll I have been so busy today, I haven't had time for much else. I apologize for not getting to the pages yet but I WILL I promise!
    Well need to get outside and see if anything needs more watering...
    Later everyone, BTW Elizabeth I have you on the daffs!

• dbailey
    15 years ago

Good Evening all!
    I have good news. I divided the lotus and have a bunch of tubers. Enough that I can send two tubers to each who have requested them in the past. Most of the White water lilies are ready and I only have two totes of yellow to divide and I will be ready. The bad news is the lotus are really starting to put out shoots so they are more fragile to ship.
    So far I have them for:

Greenthumbgrow
    2 Lotus Tubers

Sassybutterfly_08
    2 Lotus Tubers
    Hostas

Ncgardengirl
    White Water Lily
    Yellow Water Lily
    2 Lotus Tubers

Growlikecrazy
    White Water Lily
    Yellow Water Lily
    2 Lotus Tubers
    Hostas

If anyone else wants a lotus tuber please say. There are more than I ever imagined possible. I also have a new plant to offer.

OFFER
    White Spider Lilies--6 trades

NEW REQUESTS
    Dixietn
    Yellow Hibiscus Seeds

Lovelyiris
    Coontail Moss
    Orange Cannas
    Any Taro

ncgardengirl
    Canna
    Lithrope

greenthumbgrow
    White Plumb Grass

Sissifris
    Blue Fescue
    Ponytail
    Lemon Grass
    Fiber Optic Grass
    Dwarf Umbrella Palm

Proudgm_03
    Canna Tubers

Growlikecrazy
    Umbrella Plants
    Lemon Balm
    Catnip

If some of these request are no longer available I understand. Thanks!
    Don

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

NEW REQUESTS
    From dbailey:
    White Spider Lilies (OH WOW THANK YOU FOR THIS OFFER!)

Don I can do your canna and Lithrope
    I have another canna I have no idea what it is, I will include for you as well.

• victorian_bellefonte
    15 years ago

NEW REQUEST from Don
    White spider lily
    Lotus

Don, anything I can send you?

:)
    Elizabeth

• dixiedazzle
    15 years ago

FROM DON:
    Lotus
    White spider Lily.

I've got you down for yellow hibiscus seed

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Don, got you down for the canna tuber.

• bigmama4ever
    15 years ago

D ill take some lotus, please and thank you..

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

NEW Request ~
    Don
    White Spider Lily(s) WOWWW!! TY TY TY Don!! :)

Tammy I'll email you for your address. I think tomorrow is when our internet will be going down and will be down for up to 1 week. Then I'll be back up and running :)

Thanks,
    Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Wendy hon, could you go check all the request and confirm what I have down for you AND that you can fulfill what has been request from you?
    If your internet will be down then it will be during the time we will be sending and I want to make sure you have checked everything and didn't miss a request as well. Thanks, sorry about your interenet that bites!
    I HOPE you can get it straigthened out soon and you are not away too long!

Ok well, I am getting ready to start checking the other thread I hope to have the updates posted by tonight.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Don since we haven't heard from Tammy I will request this for her:

NEW REQUESTS FOR TAMMY/greenthumbgrow
    From dbailey:
    White Spider Lilies

IF she doesn't want it then I am sure someone else would want it.

I am working on the pages now, I have been for hours! I have made sure I have read ALL the post on the other thread for offers and rewuest.

Thanks,

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Don since we haven't heard from Tammy I will request this for her:

NEW REQUESTS FOR TAMMY/greenthumbgrow
    From dbailey:
    White Spider Lilies

IF she doesn't want it then I am sure someone else would want it.

I am working on the pages now, I have been for hours! I have made sure I have read ALL the post on the other thread for offers and request.

Thanks,

REQUEST FOR ME:
    New Request April 27
    From sissifris-Myriah
    Pickeral Rush (did it survive?)
    Corkscrew Grass is it still available?
    Also did u toss out the daylilies?
    I someone who asked for some.

From Aquawise:
    Both Creeping Jennies please
    Variegated Water Sedges RE-REQUEST had asked before never confirmed

From kin2mice:
    Water Celery (I am thinking your is just the green one? IF you can get another small piece)

From lovelyiris-Marian:
    Parrots Feather just a little tad
    Taro whatever you can spare
    any other water plants you care to share

victorian_bellefonte-Elizabeth:
    Baptisia australis seedlings if still available

PLEASE USE THE LINK HERE TO GO TO THE REQUESTED PAGES YOU WILL SEE ALL THE OFFERS SO FAR. I will recheck later to make sure now are missing BUT THERE ARE REQUEST THAT NEED CONFIRMING! THANKS! IF THE REQUEST IS IN BLUE IT IS NOT CONFIRMED LOOK UNDER THE PERSON NAME AND LOOK FOR YOUR NAME TO SEE If YOU HAVE CONFIRMED IT IF NOT COPY CUT AND PASTE HERE AND CONFIRM IT PLEASE!
    THANKS!!!

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW

Here is a link that might be useful: Requested offers page

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Don - I am very excited two lotus. Yaah. And yes I would love a white siper lily. Thank you.

Fran - Thanks for requesting the lily for me. I would love it. Checking now on the request link.

I have had the flu it started night before last and all day yesterday (and we had a trip yesterday to see the new nephew that I didn't get to hold :-( because I was sick) I am feeling a little better today but still queasy. Going to bed. Will check back in tomorrow.

Tammy:-)

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran - This is what I have confirmed.

3. Aquawise
    From greenthumbgrow-Tammy:
    Variegated Clover

Black Moundre Fountain Grass - I cannot find. Please remove for now and I will mail out later if it comes up.

Aquawise
    Variegated Clover

greenthumbgrow-Tammy:
    Mini Cattail
    Goldfish Plant Baby

Fran / ncgardengirl
    From Tammy/greenthumbgrow:
    Water Lily (pink)- 1 Rhizome *
    Pony Tail Palm
    Black Pussy Willow cutting

Chris-grolikecrazy
    Canna Red
    Water Lily (pink)-
    The Zebra Grass seeds if you're able to divide some
    White Plumb Grass Seeds
    Nasturtium

Sissifriss-Myriah
    Zebra Grass
    Mini Cattails

greenthumbgrow
    White Plumb Grass

Mini cattails

***The Black grass is not being sent as I can't find it right now. Don't think it came up.

Tammy:-)

• dbailey
    15 years ago

Evening all!
    Sorry to hear that you have had the flu Tammy. Atleast it sounds like you are on the mends. Good ole Kansas, 88 on Friday, tornados and storms yesterday, 40 tonight. Gotta love it.
    I have the following requests filled and confirmed for:

Greenthumbgrow
    2 Lotus Tubers
    White Spider Lily

Sassybutterfly_08
    2 Lotus Tubers
    Hostas
    White Spider Lily

Ncgardengirl
    White Water Lily
    Yellow Water Lily
    2 Lotus Tubers
    White Spider Lily

Growlikecrazy
    White Water Lily
    Yellow Water Lily
    2 Lotus Tubers
    Hostas

Victorian bellefonte
    Lotus Tuber (atleast 1)
    White Spider Lily

Dixietn
    Lotus Tuber (atleast 1)
    White Spider Lily

Bigmama4ever
    Lotus Tuber (atleast 1)

If I have missed anyone let me know.
    Have a wonderful evening all.
    Don

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tammy, I am so sorry you are ill. Seems like you just can't catch a break! I hope you recover quickly maybe all those antibiotics in your system helped kick the flus fanny!
    I didn't mean for you to go confirming I could have waited until you are MUCH better, now I feel quilty LOL.
    But thanks I appreicate it.

Don thanks too, I am glad you have confirmed the request for your plants as well.

Iris, how are you? Did you get moved? Is everything going ok? Do you have internet yet? Are you going to be able to still participate with us? What's going on? Let us know as soon as you can...we worry!

Becky, I am so sorry you are having all the trouble you are having. I sure hope you get everything worked out.
    Are you going to be able to continue this swap too? It will not be too much on you will it? I would hate for you to have to dropout now, but we understand if you have too.
    I hope you don't but really, your health is more important then becoming exhausted over a swap and over exert yourself just for us, although I would love for you to be able to continue but if you can't then we will understand. You know I am hoping for the best for you and a speedy recovery after all the procedures needed. Take care lady! Please keep us updated on whatever thread you can.

• aquawise
    15 years ago

Lots going on here WOW. All my offers are gone now. I see that most of my wants are not confirmed as yet, Mark all of my offers confirmed up to now but no more. The varg. celery is slow to come this year so the portions will be small , ill still cover every request. Good luck everyone...............

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ahh, Aqua you are so sweet! That is nice of you to fill every request you can! Are you SURE you saw EVERYTHING we all asked for? LOL.

I am going to try to do a check list Tammy when you feel better will you email me so we can talk about doing a confirmation list on the thread? Thanks hon.

Well it is going to be a nice day so I better get out in the yard and do stuff.

I will check back in soon, well when I take a break.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Fran ~ consider me confirmed hon. :) and btw, yes to the Rosemary in the email you sent. I haven't had time to respond at length, but that's not a problem at all. My internet is supposed to go down starting sometime this evening and will be off for at least a week or so. Just fyi :) Tammy, I will be checking in when I can from my bro's house when I'm able to. Will def be back before mailing date w/ some more offers as well.

Hugs,
    Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Man Wendy, I really HATE that but at least you will not be down long...right?
    Thank you you are so sweet! I really appreicate it. REALLY REALLY....
    We will miss you while your gone so check in as often as you can and let us know when you are back up and running lol.

OH, I see up there I said I better get outside and do stuff well I DID and NOW I am BACK inside AGAIN...lol

Tammy I will go remove the Black Mondry grass...

Hey I have a QUESTION? Has ANYONE ever started that from seed OR the Blue Fescue Grass from seeds? I have tried many times and NEVER gotten any of them to grow no matter what method I use....and info or tips would be nice lol.

Ok, Don't forget to also look at the dates something was asked for IF there are no dates it was BEFORE I started the webpages and most of that had already been confirmed BUT the person who asked for something first is who the item should go to....So don't forget who requested first SHOULD receive it, unless it is TAMMY and I think she should get 1st pick.

• victorian_bellefonte
    15 years ago

Hi Fran,

Please confirm each and every one of my requests...sorry, I had though I had done it, but must have missed them. Everything asked for I will send!

I spent about 20 minutes and got the zebra grass about 2/3 way out of the ground. One side is still attached, and no amount of jumping on the shovel seems to work. I'm going to find a big serrated knife and attack it tomorrow when the weather cools off. :)

thanks,
    Elizabeth

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

Fran, I think that I will be able to complete this swap. Hopefully all will go well Thursday and if the blockage is fixable with angioplasty or a stent they will do it then and since we don't have to mail out until the 11th I should have time to get things together. I'll let everyone know how things go on Thursday. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully I'll have some more extra winter sown babies to offer. I haven't been able to get out and check them much.

On my personal list I had Fran down for some sedum sarmentosum but didn't see it on the requested page (unless I missed it). Did you still want that Fran?

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Proudgm ~ I hope everything goes well for you hon. I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers! You take it easy tho :) I know us gardeners don't know the meaning of that.. lol But take care of yourself, ok?

Hugs,
    Wendy

• sissifriss
    15 years ago

Fran really I had NO trouble with either of them. I just use a shallow pan or plastic shoe box and sow on the surface and cover with vermiculite and mist daily I had them both to germinate within 7-10 days. I have grown many times. Black moundry I have, but would have welcomed more from tammy, my seeds that I started this year I already had plans for, but blue fescue you can winter sow also I did last year, but this year started some in greenhouse in August they were in gallon pots by jan. Second sowing which you are getting was Feb and they are now in 4 inch pots, but could easily go up. HMMM did you sow on the surface. I have found that with grass seed it is imperative to use pans and not plugs or divided seed start containers. Just fill a container with dirt and they love it. I did not use bottom heat for the blue fescue, but did for the moundry. Black mondo which I was looking for is just a black mondo grass. Thompson and Morgan has seeds I may try it is so expensive for plugs, the same for Japanese Forest GRass, but I guess I will have to bite the bullet in the fall.
    NEW REQUEST
    Lotus from DON and Spider lily if you have anymore please.

Here are my offers that are confirmed please not some will have to be mailed out later PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I MISSED ANYONE AS I WILL BE MOVING THESE TO A SEPERATE AREA SO I DON"T GET THEM MIXED IN WITH RETAIL>

Tammy
    Purple Fountain Grass
    Dwarf Umbrella Palm
    Water Hyacinth confirmed

Marian
    Lemon Grass
    Purple Iris

Aquawise
    Fiber Optic Grass
    Pony Tail
    Indian Grass
    Lemon grass

Becky
    Dwarf Umbrella Palm
    Anacharis

Bigmoma4ever
    Anacharis

Wendy
    Lemon Grass
    Purple Fountain Grass
    Dwarf Sweet Flag
    Fiber Optic Grass
    Ruby Grass
    Dwarf Umbrella Palm
    Anacharis
    Water Hyacinth confirmed
    Water Lettuce confirmed

Mouse
    Lemon Grass
    Pony Tail Grass
    Indian Grass

Fran
    Blue Fescue
    Pony Tail
    Lemon Grass
    Indian Grass
    Sweet Flag
    Ruby Grass:
    Chinese Silver grass:
    Carex Prairie Fire sedge
    Dwarf Umbrella Palm
    Corkscrew Rush
    Pickeral Rush
    Water Hyacinth confirmed
    Water Lettuce confirmed
    I will send you some daylilys also.

Chris
    Blue Fescue
    Pony Tail
    Lemon Grass
    Indian Grass
    Purple Fountain Grass
    Ruby Grass
    Chinese Silver Grass
    Carex Prairie Fire Sedge
    Bunny Tail Grass
    Dwarf Umbrella Palm
    Corkscrew
    Anacharis
    Pickeral Rush
    Water Hyacinth confirmed
    Water Lettace Confirmed

Dixietn
    Pony Tail
    Lemon Grass
    Indian Grass
    Purple Fountain Grass
    Corkscrew

Don
    water lettuce when available I will mail out need address
    water hyacinth when available I will mail out need address
    Blue Fescue
    Ponytail
    Lemon Grass
    Fiber Optic Grass
    Dwarf Umbrella Palm

Hope everyone is well. I would have been on sooner but when we got back from New york the air was broken, then that night laid down to sleep and couldn't I heard a popping noise saw a flash and the tv had shorted out, by the time i got up to unplug it it...

• sissifriss
    15 years ago

New Requests
    Wendy
    *Clumping pond grass

Chris
    Lily of the Valley rhizomes
    Feverfew

Tammy
    Black Pussy Willow CUTTINGS
    Tammy I hope you feel better and Wendy I hope you come through ok as well.

• dbailey
    15 years ago

Evening all.

Proudgm-Don't worry about he stent or angioplasty. At least they realize there is a problem. I set off my episode on Jan 5 just walking up the stairs. I eat right, never smoked or drank and am very active. They checked, found the problem (99% blocked) and fixed it in under 2 hours and I don't even remember the procedure even though I was fully awake. A week later I was back at work and felt great. Stress was my problem and worring doesn't help. Keep the faith and you'll be back in the garden in no time. You will be in all our thoughts and prayers. We can compare stories afterwards about the hospital food!
    Sissifris-I have you down for lotus and a spider lily. Below is my mailing information:

Don Bailey
    618 Lord St.
    Osage City, KS 66523

And yes with an address like that there are 3 churches within 75 yards of my home.

Good night all!

Don

• aquawise
    15 years ago

You girls are great doing all the work for this swap. WE all want you to know how much we appreciate it. I for one wish you the very best. I will do my trades and send some extras for those that want them. Love you all and thanks.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

OK I have heard from Mouse, she said:
    I am sorry I have not been active for a while we are having very odd computer issues where due to our new security software certain sites are blocked. (even though we have them listed as safe). Gardenweb and the needs/wants/have site are two of the sites I can't access. I have everyones wants from the last time I logged into gardenweb but none since then.

She said at this time she will say she is out of everything just to be on the safe side.
    I will email her and let her know what request she has had since then and then will fix her comfirmation when I heard from her.
    Hopefully she will be back up and running soon.

ON another note, I have been working on the request for the last 2 days, I wrote them down and then forgot to go back and put some on the pages. I will go over it one more time post and update and then Tammy and I are going to work on something else to help confirm FOR SURE what has been requested.
    If you think we are beating this in the ground well YEA, we want to make SURE the request have been seen. It is possible to miss something even when you think you didn't!

Ok, I am tuckered out I am headed to bed finally! WIll post more in the AM.

• victorian_bellefonte
    14 years ago

Hi Myriah, somehow I missed sending my requests. Not sure if you have these still, but I'd though I'd ask.

NEW REQUEST
    from Myriah
    Blue Fescue
    Pony Tail
    Fiberoptic Grass
    Purple Fountain Grass
    Ruby Grass
    Carex Prairie Fire Sedge
    Bunny Tail Grass
    Anacharis
    Pickeral Rush
    Water Hyacinth
    Water Lettuce

NEW OFFER
    Japanese Ribbon Grass
    I just came across this in the garden yesterday, and if anyone wants it, please let me know.

• victorian_bellefonte
    14 years ago

Here's what I have everyone down for. Please speak up if you're not on here!

1. Greenthumbgrow-Tammy
    Yellow Twig Dogwood Cutting
    Spiderwort 'Red Cloud'
    Spiderwort 'Concord Grape'
    Pink Bee Balm - either pink! :)
    Yellow Twig Dogwood
    Clematis
    White Gooseneck Loosestrife

2. From lovelyiris-Marian
    Yellow Twig Dogwood Cutting
    White Gooseneck Loosestrife

3. Aquawise-Don
    Poppies Peony Purple Seeds
    Black Eyed Susan Vine Seeds
    Zebra Grass Plant

5. Sassybutterfly_08-Wendy
    Spiderwort 'Red Cloud'
    Pink Bee Balm - either pink! :)
    Baptisia australis seedlings
    Marshmallow seeds
    Yellow Twig Dogwood
    Penstemon Husker Red
    Clematis rooting
    Yellow Twig Dogwood
    Penstemon Husker Red
    a small lil clump of Zebra grass

1. ncgardengirl-Fran
      Pink bee balm
      Spiderwort 'Red Cloud'
      a small clump of Zebra grass
      Mountaineer White Half Runner Bean (heirloom)

2. grolikecrazy-Chris
      Pink bee balm
      Spiderwort 'Red Cloud'
      Purple siberian iris
      Baptisia seedlings
      Yellow Twig dogwood,
      Penstemon 'Husker Red
      Clematis
      Zebra grass

3. Sissifriss-Myriah
      Scarlet runner vine bean seeds
      Red Canna seeds
      Spiderwort 'Red Cloud'
      Yellow Twig Dogwood

4. dixietn
      Clematis
      Zebra grass

thanks,
    Elizabeth

• greenthumbgrow
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow. everyone is doing great with list checking.

Fran - Let me know if you would like to confirm everything today. I will email you the list I made up and you can see it.

Victoria - I would LOVE some Jap ribbon grass.
    NEW REQUEST
    Jap ribbon grass:-)

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

New Request for 19. victorian_bellefonte-Elizabeth
    New Request April 29
    Yellow Twig Dogwood if possible

Ok Elizabeth I have update the OTHER confirm list I have been working on. I am gonna check over it the start posting to make sure everyone sees what I have so far, IF you know you requested something and you don't see it after the new list goes up PLEASE let me know so I can add.
    IF you see you have not confirmed something and CAN STILL supply it please confirm for that person or persons.

All you have to do is copy, cut and paste after I put up the list and list you have this for these ppl or if you don't have this then just put NO out beside it.

You will see what I mean when the list gou up. BUT right now I am headed outside again.

Be back later maybe even tonight to put up confirmation postings.

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Request for 01. greenthumbgrow-Tammy:

03.Aquawise
    Variegated Clover

1. sassybutterfly_08-Wendy
      Mini Cattail
      Goldfish Plant Baby
    2. ncgardengirl-Fran
      From Tammy/greenthumbgrow:
      Water Lily (pink)- 1 Rhizome *
      Black Moudry Fountain Grass Gone Missing
      Pony Tail Palm
      Black Pussy Willow cutting
    3. Chris-grolikecrazy
      Canna Red
      Water Lily (pink)-
      The Zebra Grass seeds if you're able to divide some
      White Plumb Grass Seeds
      Nasturtium
    4. Sissifriss-Myriah
      Zebra Grass
      Black Moudry Fountain Grass Gone Missing
      Mini Cattails
    5. dbailey-Don
      NEW REQUESTS April 26
      From greenthumbgrow-Tammy
      White Plumb Grass

Mini cattails

Request for 02. Lovelyiris-Marian:
    1. Tammy/Greenthumbgrow
    Fromlovelyiris-Marian:
    Parrots Feathers
    Taro
    NEW REQUEST April 19:
    Coontail Moss
    3. Aquawise
    From lovelyiris-Marian:
    Taro ANY

1. Proudgm_03-Becky
      From lovelyiris:
      Parrot's Feather
      Lotus
      Water Lily
      From lovelyiris-Marian:
      Parrot's Feather
      ANY Lotus
      ANY Waterlily
    2. ncgardengirl-Fran
      From lovelyiris-Marian:
      Any Lotus
      Any Waterlilies
      Any Taro
      Parrot's Feather just a small tad
      Any other Water Plant you care to share
    3. grolikecrazy-Chris
      From lovelyiris-Marian:
      Parrots Feather
      Coontail Moss
      Lotus
      Waterliles
      any taro you can spare (it's the island in me)!
      I'd love any of your other water plants that are not taken.
    4. Sissifriss-Myriah
      From lovelyiris-Marian:
      Parrot's Feather
      Any TARO
    5. dixietn
      From lovelyiris-Marian:
      Parrots Feather
      Taro
    6. dbailey-Don
      From Lovelyiris
      Coontail Moss
      Orange Cannas
      Any Taro
    7. victorian_bellefonte-Elizabeth
      NEW REQUEST April 19
      From lovelyiris-Marian
      Parrots Feather
      Coontail Moss

Request for 03. Aquawise
    1. Tammy/Greenthumbgrow
    From aquawise:
    duckweed
    Creeping Jenny
    Variegated Water Celery
    Elodea
    4. Becky / Proudgm_03
    From aquawise:
    Elodea
    Variegated Water Celery
    Val Grass
    From Aquawise:
    Variegated Water Celery
    Variegated Iris (I have been REALLY wanting these!!
    Elodea
    9. kin2mice-Mouse
    From aquawise:
    Variegated Iris

1. ncgardengirl-Fran
      From Aquawise:
      Elodea
      Variegated water celery
      Variegated Iris
      Wild Duckweed
      Val Grass
      Requested April 27
      Both Creeping Jennies please
      RE-REQUEST: Variegated Water Sedges RE-REQUEST had asked before never confirmed
    2. grovespirit-Iris
      From Aquawise:
      variegated iris (if avail.)
    3. grolikecrazy-Chris
      From Aquawise:
      Elodea Val Grass
      Variegated water celery
      Variegated Iris
      Creeping Jenny
    4. Sissifriss-Myriah
      From aquawise:
      Val...