SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mvisland

Yellowing tomato seedling leaves__:)(

mvisland
14 years ago

I have quite a few tomato seedlings growing. They are inside my house under 3-> T-5 lights, four foot lengths. I keep the lights about 4 inches above the seedlings. Lights are on 18 hours a day, off for 6 hours a day.Seedings are about 5 inches tall now, they are in 4" peat pots with ProMix seed starter. I have used Miracle Gro "Quick Start" transplant starting solution 4-12-4 in a 1/2 strength to feed them when I potted them up from their 2 1/2 cells a week ago. A lot of leaves are yellowing, almost like they are losing their pigment and the leaves get kinda clear_______:>( I don't think it's the ProMix or the 4-12-4 solution. Do you think the T-5 lights are to strong for them at only 4" above them? Most of the hybrid babies are still very green, most of the heirloom babies are yellowing___:>( Maybe to much watering them, but I try to be careful how much water I give them, and let them almost dry out. It's really bumming me out. Other than the leaves yellowing, they are good looking. The stalks are thick, from a fan blowing on them for a while each day.....whats happening to my babies????____:>(

Comments (20)