SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seedsonshirt

need help shortening list

seedsonshirt
12 years ago

Here's what I'm "down" to...

Growouts:

CBX209: Cherokee Purple x Bradley. This F2 seed produces large crops of 5 � 8 ounce, smooth, slightly flattened globes with sweet, mellow flavor. This seed has proven itself in Alabama and Mississippi with laudable results. Make your own selections toward an indeterminate, semi-indeterminate, or determinate variety.

Big Cheef F6 is an example of a superior tomato variety stabilized from an original mystery cross of Brandywine Sudduth and an unknown green flesh tomato in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

GCXPL09: Potato leaf vine ultra-productive of medium sized, fasciated, lumpy, red fleshed, sweet salad tomato with sufficient zip to taste old-fashioned. Mystery cross found in pack of Golden Cherokee seeds in 2009

CL310Y: Golden Cherokee x GWR. This F3 seed throws both clear yellow and clear green-when-ripe recombination, both with a slight pink blush on the blossom end during warmer weather

MOX311S: This seed, grown in 2011, is the F3 line of Mozark x Sioux as selected from semi-indeterminate plants that showed strong and continual production of near perfect, blemish free, red slicer/canners with an excellent, balanced flavor and very tight blossom scars. Ripened in Zone 6b at 120 days from seed or about 65 � 70 days from transplant.

BCM-311: This F3 seed is another recombining sister line to Big Cheef exhibiting jumbo size maroon fruit with superior flavor and heat setting capabilities.

GGYS-PL: The cross of Green Giant x Yellow Submarine has yielded several interesting and tasty recombinations in the F2, F3 and F4 generations.

Reverend Michael Keyes - Sweet Beverly x Black plum f2

(Lucky Cross x Big Beef) x Black Cherry f2

Ananas Noire x Purple Haze f1

Big Beef x Indian Stripe f2

Kozula #125 Czarna Zebra

Brandy Boy f6

White:

Fantome du Laos "I�m impressed with this white tomato. It is very productive, and though mild tasting, it is by no means flavorless. I found them having a very pleasant fruit flavor, and I would choose to grow them again before some other pink or reds I have grown. The color stays very light. Some of the fruit develop a pink blush on the bottom, but not all, so don�t use that as an indicator of ripeness."

Yellow:

Micro Gemma

Vova Yellow

Yellow Cookie

Yellow Pear (4 sister)

Golden Giant

Blue:

Blue Tears

Searching for the Blue Zebra

Dancing With Smurfs

Indigo Rose

Heart shaped:

Russian Bull Heart

Belgian Heart

Everette's Rusty Oxheart

Dawson's Russian Oxheart (aka Orange Russian 117)

Black purple:

Big Cheef

Pork Chop

Black Giant

Russian Cossack

Black Bear

Italian Noire

Bicolor:

Gold Medal

Isis Candy

Virginia Sweets

Orange:

Orange Minsk

Red:

Big Beef f1

Dixiewine (aka Brandywine x Neves Azorean Red)

Illinois Beauty

Istra

Micro Tom

Roma (4 sale)

Pink:

Monk

Olive Hill

Purple Passion

Rose Quartz Multiflora

Sabre

Green:

Green Giant

Green Zebra (4 sister)

Unknown/uncategorized:

"no name but looks like a squash/pumpkin"

Virginia Volunteer

Any ideas on what can go? I'd like to cull about ten.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?