SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smithmal

Tomato Grafting - Healing Chamber discussion

smithmal
10 years ago

I'd like to start a thread containing information/experiences with the construction and use of healing chambers for plant grafts.

From what I've read, the main step which would increase/decrease graft success is with the design and use of the healing chamber.

I've read several posts on people's different experiences with healing chambers and thought the creation of a thread to localize all this information would be helpful.

Some healing chambers are relatively simple and some are more complex. If you could provide information on your setup and experiences with using your chamber that would be great.

To ensure consistency of information, please use the following sub-topics for your healing chamber information:

1. Construction materials and cost
2. Design
3. Chamber use notes (providing info on a day to day basis would be the most helpful) concentrating on:
- Humidity reduction over time
- Light increase over time
- Venting
4. Success rate
5. Lessons learned
6. Optimization Thoughts

It goes without saying that pics say a thousand words so any and all pics would be very helpful.

Linked below is a video specifically on Healing Chamber use by Dr. Cary Rivard.

One thing I'll mention, which Dr. Rivard has indicated in past conference videos but not in the video below, is that it's best to perform grafts at night time to reduce the transpiration stress on the plants immediately following a graft procedure (2 - 3 hours post darkness).

Thanks,

smithmal

Here is a link that might be useful: Healing Chamber Use Video

This post was edited by smithmal on Tue, Feb 4, 14 at 13:48

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville