SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shiollie

Design has me banging my head!

shiollie
18 years ago

Here up in the far north we use wood to heat the house during the cold months.. it works well but... there is that woodpile out back. This year I am building a lattice wall to hide it, the first section will be 8 ft then a 4 ft opening where a hammick ( I know thats not right ;)) will hang, follwed by another 8 ft. section. All the walls will be 8 ft.high. This area is in full sun untill about 4 pm in the summer. Along the lattice I would like to have vining moonflowers and passion flower. That all being said I am kind of confused about a few plants I would also like to put out there, My banana plants.. I have one that overwintered in the house and the leaves are already over 3ft foot long and it is about 4 ft high. My bruggies that I cut and used the tub and bubbling water method, the tallest of those is also right around 4 ft and it is shaping up to look like a tree. I also have tall cannas and a Colocasia Giantiea. How would you arrange these plants to.. 1) use the textures and form to draw interest.

2) use your experience growing all or most of these and having knowledge of their growth per year.

The first section of the wall can be brought out about 2o ft. The second section has only about 7 ft.

There will also be understory plantings along bordered by annuals.

How creative can you all get because to be honest, I have been trying to plan this garden since Oct- 05 and those are the plants I get stuck on everytime. So I have come to ask some of the best "tropical advisors" for help. Thank you for any and all advice!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting