SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigorangevol

The Middle Tennessee Plant Swap

bigorangevol
16 years ago

My apologies to everyone for not being on GW as much as I should have been here lately. Business has been good which means that Ive been very busy.

ItÂs only five weeks and three days until we meet for the MTPS. October 20th is right around the corner so itÂs time to get crackinÂ!

If youÂve never been to a MTPS then you have no idea how much fun youÂve been missing!!! We have a website at http://www.midtnplantswap.com/ (Thank you Bec!) that will give you all the info you need but if you still have questions then feel free to email me at jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net or call me at 615-310-4155 and IÂll answer anything you can think of to ask.

I know that yaÂll are as excited as I am to have Doug Holder as our quest lecturer. In case you have been living under a rock or are new to the forum, Doug is the President of the East TN Daylily Society and his Mom & Step dad own Jeff & JackieÂs Daylily farm. If Daylilies are your thing then this is a must attend for you and if they arenÂt then you need to get with the program. Daylilies are one of the easiest flowers to raise and so beautiful with the myriad of varieties and colors they produce. We couldnÂt ask for a more knowledgeable speaker on the subject either. IÂve been looking forward to this for a long time! We are so blessed to have such qualified members here on GW to speak to us with authority about tons of differing subjects. A good many of our past speakers have been from right here within our GW community.

I realize that this has been one tough year for our green friends but I guarantee that there will be tons of cool stuff at the MTPS. We had over 100 folks hit the last Roll Call so I know that there are scores of you newbies and lurkers out there that absolutely need to make that leap of faith, get in your trucks and come on down to join us. We wonÂt bite and youÂll have the best time youÂve ever had! Frankly, the MTPS is as addictive as crack so once we get you to the first one we know youÂll make a point not to ever miss another. Over the past six or seven years Lavonne and I have been fortunate enough to landscape our property with almost exclusively plants that we received at the MTPS.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of those who have attended in the past and especially those that have helped Lavonne and I as well as Jan and Jim to make this such a successful biannual event. (This means that IÂm asking for warm bodies to help me with registration, parking, unloadingÂ) Speaking of Jan and Jim Hobbs, make sure that you give them big hugs for letting us invade their lives and business twice a year. This would never have happened without their incredible generosity and their patience with a not-too-bright, old, short, fat guy with no clue.

So start potting-up, collecting seeds and getting together everything you want to swap with because your time is running out and the MTPS is going to be here before you know it. Can somebody bring a portable TV so I can keep track of the UT / Bama game? :-)

Comments (33)

Sponsored