SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth_b_kodiak

April Showers updates

beth_b_kodiak
19 years ago

Please post here when you mail AND when you recieve. It helps me keep track and a lot of the fun is seeing what everyone got.

DEADLINE... I did not post one but I will say no later than the 20th. The suggested mail date was the 15th so this gives you a 5 day window to "GETTER DONE"

DELIVERY CONFIRMATION..... this is worth the extra 45 cents. It does not guarantee delivery but at least you will know what is happening to the package.

Happy shopping. HAppy agrdening and Happy Spring.

It feels like spring It smells like spring it must BE SPRING

At least here on beautiful Del MarVa.

Hope it is wherever you are too.

Carol ??? Got another pretty picture to celebrate spring?

Comments (57)

• veeja11
    19 years ago

My pkg is in the mail.On it's way to GA

• darlene87
    19 years ago

I mailed today, and got a delivery confirmation. It is going east, and I was told about 5 days.
    Darlene

• Related Discussions

UPDATE: April showers bring May flowers

Q

Comments (149)
    Hi Connie , I would love the juliet plum tomato if its still available ? Hope everyone had a good weekend ... was 69 here, I wintersowed and started some seeds in the garage on my new shelves my SO built for me ... was nice to get out in the fresh air and sunshine ... ~Iris
    ...See More

UPDATE: Birthday Extravaganza Birthday Buddies for April

Q

Comments (146)
    Hey April Birthdays -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ALL! I hope you are enjoying your month. And best of all, the month isn't over and at least one of us still needs to get some out yet! That would be me :) Alwaysagarden, could you drop me an email with addresses? Or someone. I remember getting an email that said to save it and um, well, I failed. I have kinda been a bit lost. I've been working full time for 3 months now and job will probably last another 2 months at least. I'm not used to full time. It puts a big cramp in my old routine! I love part time where there was actually time for email, internet, hobbies! And now garden time is approaching FAST! I recently found a fantastic variety of commercial seeds which surprized me -- at a local feed store! I can't wait to get back there! And I really feel a deep NEED to spend some time at the nurseries in town!!! And this job is depriving me of my addiction! Actually I'm just kidding. So glad to have the job to have the money to spend. Anyway, I haven't posted much but you April birthdays are on my mind and will do what i can soon.
    ...See More

UPDATE: April Showers bring May/June Flowers

Q

Comments (6)
    Hi, I received my seeds today. Thanks to everyone for all the different varieties. Love the veggies! Thanks so much for hostessing Angelsee. Happy gardening...Marylee
    ...See More

UPDATE: ~~obf part 2~~ april showers bring may flowers

Q

Comments (125)
    Hi everyone, Happy Belated Birthday Mary Ellen. Hope it was a good one. I received a wonderful box from Treasa. Thank you so much!!!! I love everything in the box. Here is what I received. Gardening gloves, three different garden figures, a really nice garden book, several different dahlia tubers, tuberose and a flower shaped floating candle. I love all of it and can't wait to plant those tubers. I have always admired dahlia's but have never actually had any. Can't wait to read my new garden book as well. What a great box! It has been raining like crazy here today in Texas but we can sure use the rain. I bought a weed popper gardening tool that is supposed to get the weeds out down to the root so I think I will try it out this weekend while the ground is still wet and see how it works. Have a good weekend everyone. Dianne
    ...See More
  • sparrownest
    19 years ago

My package is also going today to Massachusetts.
    Susan

• skohler
    19 years ago

Gm Gals
    well just wanted to pop in to see if anyone else had recieved their box yet :))
    dar!!! I hope you didnt have live plants in the box :)))
    not if its going to take 5 days :((
    well you all have a great week .
    happy gardening
    sue

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

looks like i won't be mailing until the weekend. i am finishing up filing taxes and it hasn't been pleasant to say the least. i can't believe i waited this long to do this, i am not like that. i guess winter sowing got the best of me and took priority.

my package will be heading out on saturday and i will post confirmation number. so if you are expecting something, don't give up on me yet LOL

• chaud111
    19 years ago

I mailed my package today.
    The confirmation # is 0304 1560 0003 7120 2505

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hello Earthly, I'm struggling with taxes too. Grrr. I always have it some in Feb and the money spent soon thereafter. This year one of my w-2s never arrived. They said they would send another and "forgot" I finally got it today after 3 phone calls monday and yesterday.
    Anyway, the time set was the 15th to the 20th so we are all still in good shape.
    I hope the box I mailed on Monday arrives today.

• MargeC
    19 years ago

I also mailed my box today. Confirmation # is
    0304 3490 0000 6717 8394

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

It's Friday and I hope some of those boxes that were mailed out Monday and Tuesday arrive today. It would be a shame to have them sit at the post office over the weekend when they could be out in the yard enjoying the spring sunshine.
    Or, is it April Shower weather where you are?? We had a lot the first week but things are drying up now. Just perfect weather for gardening.
    Today is the "official" send off day for this swap ( and taxes too ) so, there should be a lot of posts over the weekend.
    Have a beautiful day, either sunshine or showers,enjoy. BB

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Where is everybody??
    The PO tracking system says my package was delivered Thursday but no word from my buddy. Sure hope everything is OK. There were others mailed early but so far.... only Marge C posted as package arriving?? HUm?? Too soon to start worrying but I'm considering doing that, worrying, I mean.

• daisy_me
    19 years ago

Thanks to MargeC for the wonderful package I received yesterday! Boy am I spoiled with all the goodies you sent me!

MargeC sent me 2 kinds of Gladiolus ('Blue Isle' & 'Oscar'), Scabiosa 'Butterfly Blue', Hosta 'Pearl Lake', a frig notepad with magnets with a gourgeous pattern on it, a matching notebook, gardening gloves (can always use these), a tube-type birdfeeder (I needed a new one!), a compact umbrella that I'll keep in my car for those April showers, and an April Bath & Shower (how cute!) foot rejuvenation kit. This last one I'll be using this afternoon, today's the day I'm getting the vegetable garden ready to plant in so I'll be looking for some relaxation later!

Thanks again MargeC for the wonderful package and all the thought you put into it. It really brightened my day!

On another note, my delivery confirmation says my package was delivered yesterday so I hope my pal checks her mail soon!

• veeja11
    19 years ago

I keep checking my conf # and it keeps saying it was accepted in my city april 12th. It has plants I wish it would move. I'm hoping it just isn't posting cause not delivered yet, hope gets there today. sorry pal couldn't find shower part in pink so got purple which is actually a shade of pink.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hooray!! What a beautiful day AND my package arrived, Thanks to my superpal and the mailman.
    I got GIGANTIC bulbs/roots from Chau in California (Chaud111) HAwiian White Ginger. A yellow Canna and a "mystery lilly". These things are huge!!! I'll need to investigate the mystery lilly for clues so I know where to put it. The ginger will go into a giant pot on the patio for the summer and spend the winter in my daughter's greenhouse. The canna will go out by the pond.
    There are also some star of Bethlehem bulbs. I've seen these before and I'm pretty sure they are hardy here. I'll put them with the daffodils and grape hyacinths
    MAny thanks Chau. These are terrific surprises.
    My "non plant" shower thing is a sprinkler fertilizer sprayer combo. Very handy and will save me a lot of time. That was a good idea
    Now, have I made you all jealous???(Wicked grin here) I do hope the mailman comes through on some of these other boxes that are floating around out there somewhere.
    As a reminder to anyone who has not mailed yet....FLAT RATE PRIORITY boxes are $7.70 to anywhere in the US and you can stuff them with a lot of goodies

• Melinda Hagen
    19 years ago

Hello! Just wanted to say many thanks to Carol (Veeja11) for the wonderful box I received on Thursday! Had euphorbia, asters, alstroemeria, and daylilies! I loved them all. And especially the shower thing for the hose! I was going to have to go and buy one. And the seeds are wonderful, already have them planted! And the plants also! I was very thrilled and it came on an evening when I had the worst day possible, so it was a nice end to a bad day!
    My box went out this am, SORRY! Didn't make the post office in time to mail on Friday! It's going to WV. I hope they like it. I got confirmation on it, but don't have the number at the present. Thanks again for the great swap! Melinda

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Daisy_me - Kellie, I received my package yesterday. I was so excited when I opened it.
    I LOVE the dahlia star's favorite-I have more room for planting dahlias in my new dahlia bed.
    Hosta - golden prayers (I did not have this one) it is now planted in its new home.
    Iris Cristata Eco Bluebird-I love all irises
    Sedum vera jameson-thanks i did not have this one
    geranium biokovo-needed more geraniums
    Rumex Sanguineus-Another new plant to love
    Guava april shower soap-what a neat gift especially for this april shower swap.
    flashlight water hose- Yes it really is. My husband loved it I told him hands off that is mine.
    Wow Kelli you out did yourself. Thank you so much. I was so tired when I came home yesterday. A storm Tuesday night took down our computers at work for 3 days. It was a mess trying to get things done with out a computer. It really lifted me up to see that package and forget about the mess at work. (i'll worry about it come Monday).
    Glad to see everyone is getting their boxes. Beth thank you for getting this together for us. I am a little behind so mine will go out Monday. Hope she likes what I am sending.
    Shirley

• cassiet
    19 years ago

Mailed my package yesterday... it's going west will be 4-6 days so they said... Pal your package was heavy!!!! Cost a little more than the 7.70 price above.. I hope you will enjoy.

Cassie

• mavis07
    19 years ago

WooooHoooo! I came home from a stressful ordeal to a PACKAGE hanging from my mailbox! I tore the box open and I found lily cuttings!! Then a rain gauge! Oh boy - a green tea bath set!! An umbrella! Many thanks to Beth - my April Showers Pal!! The package for my buddy was sent Saturday -- close to the deadline - sorry! My stressful ordeal resulted in Ciara Nicole - 6 lb 13oz - my one and only grandchild! I have been 'showered' with blessings! Beth - can I tell who my buddy is so she will not worry and be assured her goodies are on the way? Ok - do tell!

Happy spring everyone!!

Mavis07

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Congratulations Mavis. Nice work there. A grandbaby is one of life's greatest joys. I've even been known to"borrow" them from other people. LOL Sure it's OK for you to tell your West Coast buddy that her package is on the way. Maybe it will arrive today.
    Mystery Lilly?? Magic lilly, anyone want to guess what it might be? It looks like an extra large amaryllis bulb but the leaves are not quite as broad as amaryllis usually is.
    I'm going to put it into a pot until I get some better advice. I did ask Chau but have not heard yet. It may be a standard West Coast or California name for the plant but is not known to me.

• cassiet
    19 years ago

I just got my package from my pal today and WOW Melinda what a wonderful package. I got a book which I HAVEN'T saved until a rainy day to look at... GRIN!!! I also got a LOT of items from my wish list. Melinda sent me canna seeds, iris seeds, poppies, and night blooming jasmine which I just reposted to try to get so thank you very much. I also got sedums and 3 different cactus!!!!! I'm so excited. My daughter was going WOW you got a NICE package and yes I did. Thank you so much pal for making my day.. also and not to forget a very, very cute little wooden birdhouse that is sooo cute and tiny. I have already hung it out in the patio garden. Thank you again pal for such a wonderful box.

Cassie

• Melinda Hagen
    19 years ago

Cassie-so glad you liked your package! It was fun doing it. But I left something out and found on the table so will be putting that in a bubble wrap and sending asap. Thanks and glad you enjoyed it! Melinda

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Melinda that sounds like good news for Cassie. It makes the fun last a bit longer. Might be an extra bother for you but it is very nice that you are sending it along anyway.
    Way to go girl.

• cassiet
    19 years ago

Beth,
    I was checking my other swap person and she didn't have a cofee cake mix or gingerbread mix or something in her package from here in WV in HER package so that means I accidentally packaged in THIS pals package. I remember I think that you have no food in your swap.. So just in case this is the one with NO FOOD I wanted you to know so you know it was put there by accident and was meant to go to another pal. I'm VERY sure that this pal won't care smile.. however so you know it got stuck in box by accident.

Cassie

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Cassie, that was more of a joke than an order )>: Last year in the Secret Pal Swap we did all kinds of edible goodies. My personal favorite still being pretzel M&M smudgies.
    About the only way to offend me about food is to not have enough. LOL
    I think the Birthday one may have had some specific restrictions on foods. I hope whoever gets the cake mix enjoys the stuffing out of it. I just dug out the bread maker this afternoon and am enjoying that. MMMMmmuuuuuMmm.
    Cassie, never worry about food unless you don't have any. Then worry a lot.

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

FYI - my package was mailed today. right in time for the deadline. sorry it couldn't go out by the 15th, but i was up to my head in IRS b/s.

anyway confirmation is 0304 3490 0000 9914 0222. it's going to a land far far away from here LOL.

since this is the very first time i have ever mailed live plants, i would like my pal to advise me if i did okay or if there is a way i could improve upon it. (thanks)

pal, hope you enjoy your box.

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

i received a box today, not 100% sure it is from this swap or not as there was no "shower" thing in it. please, do not take that as a complaint, it is not, it's just a matter of being able to identify what swap this box was from. the card was signed "secret pal" and like so many of us, i am involved in a quite a few.
    if this is the right thread, i received rooted lungwort and several dalhia tubers. my pal was uncertain of the names, but believe me, that is just fine. i've been seeing them places, hearing about them more and more and now i have some. way to go pal! also two of the most adorable frog picks (which will be added to my bulb bed - i have others of similar nature in that bed, so these will fill in a few spaces) and i also received a birdhouse. although your note states that it is functional, it's going to remain a decorative item. i actually have a room in my home that is all done in birds/birdhouses, so it's quite fitting as added decor.
    i can't wait to grow these dahlias. i have so many questions about them, can't wait to read up on them. can't wait to see them bloom.
    i love the idea of plants being shared, everyone growing a little piece of someone else. it's really amazing, isn't it?
    beth, this was a fun swap, thanks for allowing me to participate.

• darlene87
    19 years ago

Earthly Delights, glad you liked your package. I sent what plant items I had that you had on your list. Just glad that you have received the box, and was unsure if I should send my name in it. Well, since you have the box, now you can know who sent it.
    Darlene

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

darlene

again, thank you so very much. dahlias seem to be the "talk of the town" and it excites me to have received some - known or unknown varieties. i soaked the tubers overnight and already planted them out this morning. just can't wait to see them bloom. just think, by next season, i will be able to share what i have received.

thanks again, you have added beauty to my garden !

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I just got a nice message from Kate/ Gullible volunteer. She has been unable to post on the thread but has both mailed and recieved packages. She requested that I "cut and paste" her message of thanks to her pal
    Duh! Nice simple basic request but this simple hostess does not know how to do that )o: If you know how.... please let me know and I will foreward the message to you so you can post it. Many thanks.

• sparrownest
    19 years ago

This message is to me from Kate/gulliblevolunteer. I am so so glad you liked it. I was getting worried that I did not send the right stuff--or enough stuff after reading what some people received--makes you kind of nervous. Thanks for the sweet thank you! We actually had a thunderstorm today so it is probably on its way to you! We needed it too.

Susan/Sparrownest, what a great package! My neighbor signed for it while I was at work, so it was a welcome-home surprise. How did you know I wanted an elephant ear? Its going into a pot for shade; and the dutch iris will fill a pot for a sunny corner. City gardening seems to involve lots of big pots and boxes :-: for various paved and salt-soaked nooks, so I love getting good stuff to put in them. Plus a totable umbrella in blue and green polka dots goody! my old one was on its last spokes. And a green froggy rain gauge which is adorable. (Those frogs look so optimistic, gazing skywards. Maybe they can make our normal April showers appear) I think you selected exactly the right things big, happy smile :-) thankyou! Thankyou! gulliblevolunteer

• skohler
    19 years ago

Today I Recieved a great box from "Gullible Volunteer"

your the tops girl .she sent me
    Helenium autumnale (yellow)
    Allium - chives
    Digitalis Lutea (Strawfoxglove )
    Geranium x cantabrigiense "Biokoo Karmina
    Rosa glauca & to top it off a Squirral holding a
    rain gauge in whitch my Father has put outside where
    he can keep an eye on it :)))
    we have snow showers moving in for the weekend :(( but I have all the plants taken care of till after the snow
    is gone . thank you gullible very nicely packed box.
    sue

• earthlydelights
    19 years ago

well, according to the post office, my box was delivered.
    hope you enjoy :)

• chaud111
    19 years ago

I received my package last night. However, I've been away from home, and was not able to open the package myself. I asked my mom to plant the plants for me. According to her, there were some lotions, a hosta, daisy lily, onions, and a few other things that I don't remember.
    Thank you my April Showers Pal, whoever it is.

• cassiet
    19 years ago

I just realized I didn't post my confirmation number here it is 0302 2940 0002 7937 5180... see where it has left OH whatever that means... on April 17.

Cassie

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

I finally mailed today--so sorry for the delay--my car died!
    AND I did receive my package full of goodies--asiatic lily-daylily'highland lord'-black pussywillow-hen and chicks-purple calla lily-an angel and an umbrella!! Thanks so much Shirley!!! I LOVE it all!! And although you got my name wrong--I have the mailman trained so it made it safetly to my door!!haha!!
    Thanks Beth for another great exchange!!!
    Jeanette

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

Here's the conf# 0303 1910 0000 7776 5764
    Thanks
    Jeanette

• cassiet
    19 years ago

Well pal your package is at least in YOUR STATE now... it's had a LONG trip across the country.. maybe will land in your home today if not hopefully Monday.

Cassie

• brittneysgran
    19 years ago

Jeanette,
    I knew I had it wrong when I mailed it. I was just hoping it would get there. First I did not even get the name Beth sent me. Syberspace ate it. When I got a package I said OH NO where's my name. I e-mailed Beth and she sent it again but for some reason the printer only picked up your address and not your name and I had already deleted it. SOOOOOOOO there was your package all ready to go and I thought your first name was Jennifer??? Later I remembered it was Jeanette but to late. I did not have a clue what your last name was so I went with Angel because you collect them GO FIGURE. YEAHHHH you got it though.
    I at least got the address right.

Shirley

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

Shirley--I love it--The post man knew exactly where to bring the package that was addressed to Jennifer Angel--haha
    You can send me a pkg any day!!!! I got one last month addressed to Jeanette Henderson--haha thats the town I live in!!! Oh well-it's the thought that counts--and I truely enjoyed what you sent--Thanks again for the box and the smile!!
    Jeanette-aka Jennifer Angel

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Jeanette and Shirley, I just love your Post Office story. Guess that is one of the real benefits of living in a small town. Thanks for sharing a good laugh.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

It looks like there are still 3 packages to be delivered
    One to carol Veeja , that I thi.nk was mailed last Tuesday
    One to Darlene87 that was mailed and confirmation number posted. Then one to Susan, Sparrowsnest that was mailed last Friday. I hope all these little birds come in to roost in their own yards in the next day or two.
    Sounds like some of you are having some very unspringish weather. 29 degrees does not sound like spring to me. Bet the dafodills are shivering.

• darlene87
    19 years ago

I received this big box this afternoon, from cassiet. Thank you so much. Yes, you did put in the package of coffee cake mix in. I almost made it tonight, but decided to wait, then found out that it was sent by mistake. That is fine, it is all natural ing. and that is what we use. Sounds like a good mix also. In the box is: a cute water can with garden tools and gloves inside. I may use it to plant a flower inside, it is so cute. She sent a huge container of bubble bath, something to soak in after a long day in the garden. Smells lovely also. There is a nice bluebird thermometer that one sticks to the window. I love bird items, and we have 52 bird houses outside, and have been busy watching them use up all the string and white cotton stuffing inside of vitamin bottles, it is gone in a flash. She sent a dwarf canna, one plant that I have never grown at all. Plus a whole lot of seed packages, all flowers, some are new to me. I suppose I should tell you cassiet that the p.o. has a special box for $7.00 and you can put a lot in it, over that amount in weight, and most of the time you will save postage, think you will have saved $3.00 if you used that special box. Maybe the other girls can chime in and say what they think of the box. I want to thank you for the efforts, and care, and special items you have sent. Will plant some of the flower seeds tomorrow, as it should be close to 69 out. When they bloom, I will think of you. You have a good day tomorrow.
    Darlene

• cassiet
    19 years ago

Hi Darlene,
    I'm glad you FINALLY got the box... Laughing and shaking my head.. PO did not tell me about special box just said okay you can send PP 9 bucks or priority 18 bucks... I'm glad you like the mix. I always try to put something regional or specially made here in WV in my boxes and I had another item for you. I realized when the queen trade person listed YOUR item that I had put the mix in yours. I was only concerned because I thought this said NO food. It is really okay as the things I send from WV are not purchased to be person specific they are just little "things" that I stick in and may be a postcard, jelly, mixes, knick knacks etc. Just something that is made here or at least is listed in sections in WV Tourism shops as being made and/or packaged in WV. I just think it's a nice touch.
    I got the bluebird thermometer because your page says you have a TON of birdhouses so I didn't have a clue what you had or didn't have and couldn't find one around here that was very "original" so I sent SOMETHING related to birds. Smile. I was really hoping you liked the canna. It promises to be pretty and they are really lovely since you never grown one that is GREAT it is something new for you to try. They have lovely flowers when in bloom and are very easy to care for. I'm just glad you finally got your box.

Cassie

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

One down, two to go. Yeah!!
    The flat rate priority mail boxes come in two shapes If you are one ounce over the pound on regular priority.... you pay for the whole next pound. Occasionally if it is a short distance, you may save using the regular boxes but I have learned to just pick things that will fit in one of the two flat rate boxes. It also saves having to wait in line to get them mailed. Two of the $3.85 stamps will cover the box. If you want delivery conf... then you still gotta wait but at least hou have the option of stamp and drop if you are in a rush.
    Thanks again to all of you April Showers swappers, You are a great bunch.

• cassiet
    19 years ago

You know Beth... I ship a lot and no one ever told me about the flat rate box... we are lucky here in our area we have a package service area so you can mail at any time day or night and it is picked up at 11:15 every morning... You can mail up to a certain size box and get insurance, delivery conf. or whatever you want.. it just prints a label with whatever you have ask for total price on there and if delivery conf... your number etc. You drop in center and go. I do about the priority things as I ship most things priority but didn't know about flat rate boxes. I knew it would cost a bit cause it was heavy but that's okay.
    I have really enjoyed this swap and have planted my cactus and some of my seeds I am enjoying everything

Cassie

• sparrownest
    19 years ago

I received a wonderful box from Jeanette (number_1_angel). Thank you so much! It was full of great things: a cute pinwheel with a suction cup attached (I stuck in on my microwave for now and it makes me smile), a cute pink and green SPRING NOW sign, some pink petal bath petals, some foot cooler and two packages of alium bulbs, and I almost forgot an adorable houseplant start that looks like it will be a really cool plant. I love it all. This was a great swap. Thank you aka Jennifer Angel (I hope you got your car fixed and it didn't cost too much!).

Thank you to Beth for organizing the swap. I really enjoyed it.

Susan (sparrownest)

• veeja11
    19 years ago

Just me patiently waiting

• veeja11
    19 years ago

I received a wonderful box from mavis, dianthus, rain gauge
    3 painted pots with a holder, candle and holder,blackberry shower gel and body lotion and more well worth the wait. Thankyou Mavis I loved it all.

• number_1_angel
    19 years ago

Carol--Is that your 'lampshade' hat?? It is quite fetching!
    Hang in there!!
    Fluffy

• veeja11
    19 years ago

No Fluffy that is my person of the month hat, thankyou I thought I looked quite good.

• beth_b_kodiak
    Original Author
    19 years ago

You all look adorable and I hate to see this end. Many thanks to all of you and another special welcome to the new gals who joined us this time I'm so glad to have met you and hope we get to trade again sometime soon
    Beth B

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH