SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19769938

Yellow Leaf Curl Prevention?

User
12 years ago

I'm just south of Miami. I haven't been on the forum for a long time, because I tried to grow tomatoes, and yellow leaf curl virus made it impossible. I am thinking of trying again, and I am wondering: are there any new tricks to make it work? I was thinking it might be possible to grow them in a miniature greenhouse on a concrete patio, but I don't want to waste the time and money if it doesn't work.

I know it's possible to buy resistant varieties, but if I can't grow something special, I figure I might as well go to the store.

Other people down here manage to grow tomatoes. I can't figure it out. It has occurred to me that it may be a local problem, so I have been treating the rest of my yard to kill the unbelievable hordes of whiteflies we have here. Maybe I just need a bug-free buffer zone so the plants won't be attacked as soon as I set them out.

This state is a bug, fungus, and disease magnet. We seem to get something new every year. Currently it's the gumbo limbo whitefly! I have to treat a tree which used to be considered impossible to get rid of. And then there's the spiral whitefly, and the one that kills ficus trees...

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES