SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amybabyboy3

new: obf april easter eggs and lily surprise swap

amybabyboy3
17 years ago

Our Bloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and have had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja11/carol

WELCOME OUR BLOOMIN FRIENDS TO OUR NEW APRIL SWAP!

LET'S HAVE A LOT OF FUN WITH OUR APRIL SWAP. WE WILL DO A COMBINATION APRIL EASTER EGGS AND LILY SURPRISE. YOU CAN HIDE GARDENING GOODIES IN EASTER EGGS SUCH AS FERTILIZER SPIKES, SEEDS, GIFT CERTIFICATE, BULBS OR OTHER GARDENING SURPRISES. PLEASE INCLUDE A LILY SURPRISE EITHER PLANT OR BULB FOR YOUR PAL.

USE YOUR IMAGINATION AND YOU WILL COME UP WITH SOME WONDERFUL EASTER IDEAS.

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME AS A HOSTESS. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME IM JUST A BEGINNER.

FINAL SIGNUP IS APRIL 3RD AND PACKAGES MAILED OUT BY APRIL 25TH. PLEASE SIGN UP EITHER AS PLAYING OR NOT PLAYING. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST A WISH LIST.

Comments (150)

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

BETH_B_KODIAK is my choice this month; concentrating on plants, as requested.

Beth- get your wish list ready; here I come!

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    I hope everyone is doing good. Horrible winds have started here today. The snow is coming!
    I'm sorry but I think I should bow out of this month's swap. I only have a few bulbs to send. I will not have plants to trade for some time yet. Many are not even up, but my soil is swamp-like right now so I can't dig even if I wanted to. I don't want to make someone not get plants or have to wait until next month to get a box from me.
    Remy

• Related Discussions

new: obf march: eggs-ceptional ladies, eggs-ceptional luck

Q

Comments (60)
    Received and opened today a cute card for eggs-ceptional luck that says Happy St. Patrick's Day inside My eggs-ceptional ladies a pink egg a blue egg a green egg First lady Eleanor Roosevelt (1884-1962), wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882-1945), the U.S. president from 1933 to 1945, was a leader in her own right and involved in numerous humanitarian causes throughout her life. The niece of President Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), Eleanor was born into a wealthy New York family. She married Franklin Roosevelt, her fifth cousin once removed, in 1905. By the 1920s, Roosevelt, who raised five children, was involved in Democratic Party politics and numerous social reform organizations. In the White House, she was one of the most active first ladies in history and worked for political, racial and social justice. After President Roosevelt’s death, Eleanor was a delegate to the United Nations and continued to serve as an advocate for a wide range of human rights issues. She remained active in Democratic causes and was a prolific writer until her death at age 78. Unwin’s Striped Sweet pea seeds inside Born on Feb. 15, 1820, in Adams, Mass., Susan B. Anthony was a pioneer crusader for the woman suffrage movement in the United States and president (1892-1900) of the National American Woman Suffrage Association. Her work helped pave the way for the Nineteenth Amendment (1920) to the Constitution, giving women the right to vote. Scarlet Runner Bean seeds inside Pocahontas contributed significantly to the early survival of the Jamestown colony and played a brief but dramatic role in English imperial propaganda. Her untimely death in 1617 cut short her successful mediation between the Powhatan Indians and the colony. Both before her intercession and long after her death, Jamestown--the first permanent English outpost in North America--was precarious, largely because of Indian hostility to the colony and its expansion. Mini Red Turban squash seeds inside 4 packs of extra seeds Queen mix cleome convolvulus Enchantment Mix Buttercrunch lettuce Nantes carrots and a sweet treat - Russell stover chocolate mini bunnies Thank you so much JayeAnne for a sweet and thoughtful package
    ...See More

new: obf - april- worship the green goddess

Q

Comments (85)
    Good Morning Goddesses!!!! Another beautiful summer day here in North Carolina! (we skipped spring) High 80s in the forcast for today! My TBIris are getting buds (many are already blooming in the area, but mine are right on schedule for this time of year! The spirea and lilac are blooming and the daffies are winding down! All of my veggies are up and waiting to be moved into the garden Life is good! Has anyone heard from Treasa, we haven't heard from her since she signed up! Theresa best wishes for your upcoming proceedure! I think we are all eager to learn how it goes! I will not be participating in the swap, unfortunately we have had a bit of a setback, it is going to leave us on a very tight budget for awhile. (it could have been much worse) Maybe a long while, I hopw you will all understand, it could be some time before I am able to swap again. But no worries, this swap is still on! I am going to e-mail Treasa and see if she is still participating. Any last minute participants will have until the end of the day to sign up and send me their goddess info! I will post the goddess info in a new thread and get the selection process underway tomorrow! Have a wonderful day everyone! We now have 10 Glorious Goddesses to make our Spring Gardens flourish! Jeanne April Laura Vina Treasa Annie Carol Remy Shirley Deborah 3 very deserving but busy Goddess sitting out: Melissa Frances Theresa 2 Lurking Goddesses! Dottie Hiedi Frances
    ...See More

new: obf april swap: made in the shade!

Q

Comments (150)
    Veeja, Tisha is so cute, I just love her! I know she's in good hands with you since everyone has left their pets for you to care for, or "adopt" shall we say? My sister has the same heart for animals you do, and she always has four or five dogs at a time, some transitory and some permanent. I remember how she used to always walk up to dogs as a child when we were walking to school. Some so large and ferocious looking, I thought she'd be eaten by them, lol. Being four years her elder, my mother always entrusted my younger sister to my care. Anyway, to make a long story short, all the animals loved her and she would pet and talk to them. Now we have such fond memories of those "good times" we had in our childhood and I affectionately call her "Dr. DoLittle" everytime she takes in another stray. Have a wonderful day everyone. Sue N.
    ...See More

NEW: obf - junes white elephant plant swap (2)

Q

Comments (150)
    I just received the most WONDERFUL box from Miss Sue! It was so big, it took 2 kids to carry it. :) And MERCY, I just about fell out of my chair when I saw how much it cost to mail! Prices are getting ridiculous!! I tried to keep track of everything as I unwrapped them, but I had 4 little helpers (the girls helped me...the boys couldn't have cared less- they know they're going to be recruited to help plant later on! LoL!) so I didn't get everything written down. But everything looks great, nothing is wilted! Which was SO surprising, considering the heat! I know there were 2 mini roses, red & blue salvia, many daylilies, 6 succulents, dianthus, lantana, rosemary & lavender. The rosemary & lavender made the box smell SOOOO good! If I've forgotten to mention anything, please forgive me! Thank you SO MUCH, Miss Sue! You outdid yourself with a WONDERFUL box, and I absolutely LOVE everything!
    ...See More
  • lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

wooo hooo susie! would love to get a box from you! anything you care to send is fine by me lol

I really dont even know where to start to pick anyone. I do need someone who would like a mix of things.........plants, goodies, and possibly seeds.

AND I would like to send to someone I havent sent to before.

Trish/DancingMoons....... we havent traded before........ Would like to send you a box this month if the above is OK by you.......(mix of things)..........
    PLMK
    Kimberly
    As soon as I know who I am sending to I can get my box out!

• mellen
    16 years ago

Hello all. We are getting to choose our partners? How fun! I have never sent to Tina so I would like to choose her if that is okay. Tina, do you want Peeps???? LOL I was so looking forward to sending plants--just a variety of things. But like Nancy/Cedarnest who is just 3 1/2 hours west of me, we are having the freezing overnight temps. again. But, I will see what I can still find. NOT to worry, Tina. Doing a great job here, Amy! Mary Ellen/Mellen

• dancingmoons
    16 years ago

~~ lil_green_thumb ~Kimberley..I would be thrilled to get a box from you!! A mix of things is just fine with me :)
    ~~Thank you for picking my name!!!
    Blue Skies!
    Trish/Dancingmoons

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Mellen-
    You talkin' to ME?

{{gwi:4873}}

• skohler
    16 years ago

GM LADIES
    Just popping in to get caught up :) I see there is concern as to having any plants to send this month
    with all this bad weather :)) Never fear . this weather will go away in a week or 2 & mother nature will take over & we should be able to find a few things to share :))
    Mail out date is the 25th so this give's us time to see
    how the weather will change.

if I have read amy's info for this swap right it is for
    LILY BULB"S ( OR ) PLANT . or gift certifacate for the plant or bulb at a later date .

we have about 2in of snow on the ground this morning ,
    but plan to go mushrooming next week as i alway do every year ))) So do not give up yet . you have 2 wks or so before mailing . & the sun will shine trust me :))

well birds are chirping wanting out of the cage so have to get off here . will check back later.

Kim looking forward to sending to you don't think I have yet .

susie

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

"Mushrooming?"
    Do tell. You've piqued my curiosity.

• llbean
    16 years ago

HI Everyone.. How's your weather? 2 inches here last night. I had more sheets in my garden than on my bed..
    ha ha.
    Well I thought spring was here and I started some projects that kept me pretty busy. I kept up on reading posts but failed to contribute to any postings.. Bad me. I imagine that in the spring/summer that it is a bit slow? This is my first year with ya'll and I just wanted to say what a pleasure it is..
    I enjoy loooking at all your pictures and drooling over your gardens and Remy's Truck. My mini-van can't handle too much...:)
    I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I am going to try to peek when Max takes a nap and post more specifics to each of you.
    I just wanted to say Sue your OBF bracelet went out today I will email you.. Sorry for the Delay
    I have one more OBF ready to go.. I didn't order anything new because I wasn't sure who was interested so whoever contacts me first via email can have the specifics and I can get it out. If anyone else is interested let me know as it is cheaper to order the charms in bulk.
    I also have a pearl "mother" bracelet
    A black crystal mother bracelet
    ready to go for Mothers day
    I have 4 mother charms left that can be made to order so just email me if interested.

Laura

• mellen
    16 years ago

Hey, Tina, cute pic. Yep, you be 'da one 'ahm talkin' to! ME

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

sue, i got my iris in the ground - couldn't do it yesterday as it rained all day. sue was a cold one today, we even had some snow. i hope you received my postage. i also sent back your gift certificate with my choice for plants. you can decide which ones from my choices. by the time they are ready, i'll be ready to plant.

maryanne

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

sorry, my message above was supposed to be an email.

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello all! I think I will pick Lunamoon as I don't think I have traded with her. Maybe a long time ago. Please let me know if you want all plants or a mix of things. Thanks, Melinda

• skohler
    16 years ago

GM LADIES

WELL I HAVE NOT MASTERED HOW TO LINK A WEB URL IN HERE YET
    maybe one of you gals could coach me on that :)))
    anyway Tina Yes I said "MUSHROOMING" to find out if they are out in your area go to this site if you want to know more about these great fun-guys :))).
    JUST COPY & PASTE to your search engine.

http://morelmushroomhunting.com/morelfinds.html

hope you enjoy the link as I have :)) Oh anyone havening them around your home & you not wanting them send to me :))) I pay you postage :)))
    have a great day ladies
    susie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Oh Susie, I love to mushroom hunt. I go every year, and I think someone else has found my patch. Or do you suppose I found their patch my chance? (laughing here) Afterall, I'm a transplant from Iowa.

Thanks Shirley for picking me, I'm looking forward to your package.

Carol, how is the move going?

Hey, guess what I found at the nursery not too far from me while I was shopping for another swap? Dragon's eye Daylily, Yup, that is what I found. He's in the garage till the weather breaks. I need to go back and pick up a couple more because you never know who might have it on their list of wants.

I start my long stretch tonight at work so I better get some stuff done today.

I hope everyone is well, and chirpy this morning.

lIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

I'd love to send to Shirley. Can't remember if I ever did or not. Shirley did I send you daylilies last fall? Don't think so but my memory is so awful.
    Tina, thanks for choosing me. I love that squirrel! Can't you just hear her saying "Moi?"
    Looking forward to whatever garden surprises you send my way. No need to ask or even check for favorites. If it's live and growing I'll be delighted. Spent yesterday cruising plant nurseries and saw almost nothing that I would not have wanted to take home. Just some I wanted MORE that others. LOL
    All you mushroomers be careful out there. Morrels are pretty distinctive but if you get into other types you need to be extra careful.
    Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend and No More SNOW!

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Ok, so what, exactly do you DO with these 'shrooms? I see you can eat them, but what's the point of it if you don't eat 'em?

And what does a couple do with 77 pounds of them, as seen in the photo galleries of THIS site?

by the way, skohler, see that "Optional Link URL" box under the posting box? That's where you put your links. Then you type a name for it in the box below that. If you don't get those boxes at first, sometimes you have to 'preview message' before you get the boxes.

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

If I found 77 lbs of them, I would dry some of them and advertise I have them. I know around here they sale for $12-$14 a lb.

The most I've ever found is about 10lbs.

Happy hunting Susie!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Sometimes I think I have a memory deficency. I wanted to thank all of you on my congrats for Shelby. I'm one very lucky parent.

Now spring has really sprung, but you wouldn't know it by being or looking outside. The snow missed us, but the wind is really howling again today. My wind chimes are getting a workout.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    16 years ago

morel's MMMMMMM I love the hunt I & My BINGO Buddy :))) make time to go north for 1 full week she gets away from her hubby & I can get away from here we rent the same lodge every year for 1 week we fish we mushroom we look for wild plants , & then we also find time to go to the bar & visit with a few of my x in-laws & some of my other friends up that way :)) .
    on the site I sent to you I see a guy on there that I went to scool with he found morels on the 29th of march . so I will be going out later this afternoon with my winter coat & boots . yes they will still grow in the snow . won't hurt them .

Annie up here they some times sell for $20.lb or more if you can find the fools to pay it & there are many that do .
    If I had 77lb most of them I would dry them & store them till needed & share many with my brothers out of state :)) one in texas & one in florida .

when it comes to mushroom or garden I love the both but figure nature will care for the gardens till I get back :)))
    so you may not hear from me 1st 2 wks of may :))) yeah I know I 'm to chatty anyway & you all need the break from me :)))

Kim Just wanted you to know that I do have a nice asiatic lily to share with you but I have to wait till the snow is gone so I can dig it up for you .
    so it might not go out till the 20th of this month. hope this is ok with you. or I can send you the gift certificate for it to be sent later when it is up.

Tina thank you for the url info will try it out .
    next time I need to share :))
    have a great day ladie I need to go back in to town again .:(((

susie

• skohler
    16 years ago

Hi ladies I:M back with another site to share with you & going to try to follow Tinas instructions :))

YIPPPPEEEEE It worked I think :)) after you get the page hold down on your mose & drak over the page .
    see how everythings spopps before your eye's :)))

Happy EASTER MY FRIENDS weekend to all

susie

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

BETH-
    The first part of your "AEEALS" is on its way; watch for it!

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO............PPPPPPRRRRRRREEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok this is an updated list of players:
    BRITTNEYSGRAN sending to RaggedyAnn
    BETH B KODIAK sending to Brittneysgran
    SKHOLER sending to Lil green thumb
    DANCINGMOONS sending to amybabyboy3
    RAGGEDYANN sending to skohler
    LIL GREEN THUMB sending to dancingmoons
    NYVOICES99 sending to Ilovefarac
    MELLEN sending to mmqchdygg
    KLICKITAT
    MMQCHDYGG sending to bethbkodiak
    ILOVEFARAC sending to lunamoon
    LUNAMOON
    AMYBABYBOY3

I am going to let everyone choose first. We have:
    klickitat
    nyvoices
    mellen
    to choose. Please post asap if you have not choosen a pal so that everyone will have a pal.

Thank you, Amy

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I am missing being in this swap already, still in moving limbo tho, I found that I can put everthing old that I don't wanna move out front for free and it goes, even the electric typewriter and the record player eight track console, now no dump run, even gave away old car belonging to daughter been sitting here 10 yrs, I am having a giveaway ball. hugs carol

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hi girls!

Amy, 1st of all, I'm so very sorry I didn't make the deadline for your swap, but I know you're doing a terrific job! I've kinda glanced thru posts, hopefully I can speak to everyone now, but from what I've seen you're doing an awesome job! Will be happy to take any helpful hints for my August cookbook swap (*wink*) All of you girls please feel free to email me and tell me what you think we should do besides just a cookbook from our area. I know we can make it more exciting that, with your help of course! lol

Lol Maryanne! Be careful what you ask for girl!
    Posted by earthlydelights Z6 PA

i don't care for peeps, but i'd welcome the live poultry!

Annie, such wonderful news, 4 1/2 years remission, just wonderful, so very happy for you both! You're absolutely right, LIFE IS SOOOOOOO GOOD! We have to be very thankful.

Remy, Nancy.....all you girls, missed ya lots! Melinda welcome back.

Susan, I'm so sorry sweetie to hear about Michael, wishing the very best for him and your family! Hoping I read a post later saying alls better! In my prayers anyway!

Amy....congrat's on the new house. Girlfriend, I do not wish moving on anyone, but shouldn't be as hard on you if you were only there 2 years, I was in mine for 20, jeezzzzzzzz.... But looking forward to new flower beds, believe me, lessons learned from the old yard of what I won't do again, lol

Hey Deb! I'm finally back. A big hello to Mellen too! I'm rising out of the boxes as we speak! lol Hope you girls are doing okay!

Maryanne, hopefully Laura was able to help, hope you're feeling better by now. Oh, hi Laura! How's Max? What are you doing for Easter?

Sue G.........girl do I know what you mean! We lived in the old house for 20 years....jeezzzzzz I was so embarrassed when people came to help us move out the furniture for the yard sale. It was aweful! I know how you feel, believe me girl.

Beth, you keep an eye out for that blood sugar & pressure girl! Keep us updated dear!

Deb, yeppers, those ceiling fans were a story in themselves! lol And under that fridge....lol, I don't even want to discuss! lol No wonder that thing couldn't breathe!!!!!!!! Congrat's on your new one girl!

Hey Dizzy! Just so all you girls know, if you send me something via USPS my po # is still the same, if you send however via UPS, I have to get you the new street address, which right now I have no clue what it is, lol....I know its Powers St, but no idea on the #'s yet, will get that out.

Shirley, how sweet of you! I can not promise to put down the baby though, I just can't, please don't ask me to! lol
    I'm emailing you, would love to know more about your sales, might just have to go see you! I'd be in heaven to get to meet you and see all your beautiful blooms at the same time!

Carol, wishing you the best girlfriend! Wouldn't wish moving on anyone in the world! lol And like I said before, I'm with ya on the dust. You'll feel much better when you're in that new one and its all pretty and clean!

Hi Trish! Nice to see you back girl!

Klick & Jeanne ....so sorry I missed your B-day girls!!!! Hope it was the best ever!

Sue, I'll have my new street addy coming soon. Again sorry I couldn't post earlier, but just got my internet back on for the 2nd time, so missed the deadline, again, Amy I apologize, but I should be good to go now, at least now when I get tired of unpacking, I can come sit down in my favorite spot and rest.....in front of my computer, lol!

Theresa!! New pool? You go girlfriend! Good luck on your planting and can't wait to see pics!!!! Hey, remember this quote... ("He'll get over it") lol That used to be Jerry's favorite quote, lol, believe me, its come back to bite him square in the a@@ many times. Funny thing, I don't have to hear it anymore! lol

Ok Nancy, lol....are you really really really sure? Ok then, lol! JK you girl! It was funny! Missed talkin' to ya! And yes, I have many of 'those' days! lol Wow I'm sorry for you girls, I had to move mine to the garage today, but thats nothing compared to you girls. Chin up girl, we'll keep you in pics and help you along until you have your very own blooms! And if nothing else, I'll keep ya in little baby girl pics!

Awwe...Amy I'm so sorry I missed letting you know something:(

Lol Carol! Girl, wish I'd had internet would have given you that great tip! We did the same thing! I didn't have to haul it off! Which was one relief off me! Glad everythings going ok girl, but I know like me, you're just worn out! Best of luck!

Well this may possibly be the longest post in history of GW and I apologize. If I missed anyone, please know, it was not intentional!

I've really missed you all!

• skohler
    16 years ago

Hi ladies
    well my laptop crashed yesterday morning after I posted here about the mushroom sighting I shut down to take my older sister shopping for shoe's . came home about 2 hrs later turned on the computer NOTHING :((( called radio shack guy he said bring it in for that is where I bought it . Dale called later in the day to tell me he had to order a recover disk to start over .
    it use to be that when you bought a computer a recovery disk came with but not now days they want you to wait 7-10 days & pay the $16.00 BULLL CRAP for they know we ladies can do it our selfs if they put the disk in there.

Just Don't know how or what happen for I did not open anything with a paper clip or file attacment of any kind .
    dale said I could have got it from a web site.
    my avg is no longer any good for you have to pay for it
    it can still load files in your computer but they are no good unless your paying for the protection.

got my old computer out & I 'm back but do not have all the info in here that was in the other one .
    when the otherone come's back that will be gutted also :(
    now i have another new anti-virus protection Hope it works :)

welcome back sassy: see your bunny is relaxing after the hard move :)) & just in time for the big day tomorrow .

Nothing special here Tomorrow to many of the kids & gk's Have the bug so everyone staying in their own homes so not to give it back to daddy.

looks like we need to hear from klick & lunamoon as to who they are going to pick to send to yet .
    I think klick fell into the box of seeds she received last week :)) lets hope she pops up soon .

dizzy,maryanne ,liz so glad the irises arrived safly .
    mary add I received your postage thank you .

well 5:30 pm sun is out but it is so cold don't want to go out in it but have to later .
    you /all have a Happy & safe EASTER
    GOD LOVES YOU ALL
    so do I :))
    susie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Sassy move over I wanna get in that hammock with you, someone better pick my Mellen soon or I will. Happy Easter my friends, my only grandson in town went to texas for Easter so I am trying to get dh to go on easter egg hunt, not going well. hugs carol

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Hi ladies. I'm sorry for being gone for so long. I had an emergency that had to be taken care of and didn't have the opportunity to post here until today.

As for choosing my partner... I don't recall if I've sent to mellen or nyvoices. But in looking at both of your trade pages, I'd like to send to mellen. I have more to offer you. :)

Hope I'm not too difficult to send to! Looks like I'm one of the last to be chosen. Heh.

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Happy Easter all:)

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK I NEED TO HEAR FROM LUNAMOON!!!! PLEASE CHOOSE EITHER:
    klickitat
    nyvoices

THIS IS ALL WE NEED TO COMPLETE OUR PLAYERS! LET'S HAVE FUN!!

KLICKITAT sending to mellen
    LUNAMOON
    AMYBABYBOY3

HAVE A WONDERFUL EASTER!

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!! : )

Remy

• llbean
    16 years ago

Happy Easter everyone. I hope that you all had a great Easter. WOuld love to hear about what you all did. I spent the day with my family and extended family. It was a blessing.
    Laura

• brittneysgran
    16 years ago

Happy Easter to one and all. Went to Church this morning and spent the afternoon with my family. The adults even got to hunt Easter eggs. Boo Hoo I did not find the egg with $24.00 in it...My niece found it. So glad it warmed up so the little ones got to find them too.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

Hey everyone. Sure hope those that recognize the day had a wonderful easter. I sure had a beautiful day with family and friends ~~ and dinner was DELICIOUS!

tomorrow i go for pre-employment testing, so i'm hoping it all goes well. i think this part of it is the "mental" part. better say a lot of prayers !!! LOL

be well
    maryanne

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I hope Everyone had a wonderful Easter!

Deb

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Good Morning Ladies
    Easter was beautiful here. There was still snow in all the shady places but most of the flowers survived. I know that is not the case in all areas.
    Church was crowded.... always a good thing for our little congregation...and the singing was joyful.
    I made and delivered cocanut and peanut butter eggs for the Grandchildren. Seems the older ones had been feeling deprived while I was living in AK so I have some making up to do. It's good to be spending time with the kids, big and little. Last week I visited my oldest daughter in Missouri.
    Hope everyone enjoyed the day. I sure did.
    BB

• giverny4me
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone hope you all had a nice Easter! We went to church at 6:30 a.m. came home, ate pancakes, passed out, Husband made dinner, yippee! Nice quiet day here, only excitement was freezing rain as we were going out to church, lasted 20 minutes, first time I've seen that ever in Pensacola! Luckily I spent a couple hours mulching my flower beds with leaves Saturday afternoon, not too much freeze damage.

I'm just waiting to get the news of my brother Michael's operation---they are still doing brain mapping, plan is to do surgery, then 'gammaknife' radiation, then more surgery. We thought it would be last week... Dr. told him 4x in meeting last week the tumor was huge(Mike says he finally said,yeah, I get it!) ... he feels good about this team that is working on him. Thank you all for your prayers. Before I leave for Philadelphia I've been planting out my wintersown stuff and lecturing my family on what to do while I'm gone. (I think they are ready for me to go) They are pretty much on auto pilot now just so they remember to feed and water the animals...

Annie such great news about your son!

Happy Easter Remy! Hope you can get out and play in the garden soon. Wouldnt it be nice if you got a couple extra weeks of summer in trade for spring being late?

Maryanne will pray your employment testing goes well.
    Take Care everyone, Susan/Giverny

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Susan, Sounds like Michael is in good hands. I will continue to pray for him also and that you have a safe trip.

Maryanne, will be praying also for your job.

So happy to hear from the ladies that had a nice Easter. Hope you all had a special Day!

I am still waiting to hear from Lunamoon so that everyone will be matched up. If anyone is in contact with her please let her know and I will try to email her again. Thank you! Have a wonderful Day! Amy

• dizzydaffodil
    16 years ago

Hey Carol!!! Thank you for the hat & candies and the cute bunny pen! They arrived yesterday, safe & sound. I'll try to get a picture in the hat soon. Don't over-do on the moving, you've got plenty of stress without pulling something.
    Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.

Susan, your family and Michael are in our prayers here.
    Maryanne, we're rooting for ya!
    SassyD - you're back! Yay! How're you settling in? We missed your funny bone last month.

Amy, looks like you're doing good. Yipee!!

Hey, does anyone have experience with Big Dipper Farms? I've been browsing and love how they have stuff set up so you can pick shade plants, shrubs etc. They've got some unusual plants and herbs I'd love to try; but would like to know if anyone has tried them?

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Had a wonderful Easter here too.Got to spend some time with a few of my sisters I rarely see.Took a trip down childhood memory lane.Oh That is soo good for the soul : )

Amy,If you don't hear from lunamoon soon I will jump back in and take her spot.With the hard freeze we had I need to go shopping for myself anyway so I might as well go shopping for 2 LOL : ) Just let me know if you need me : )

LOL Sassy..I am really really sure : ) hee hee

Dizzy,I have been tempted to order a few things from them myself.Hope someone here has bought from them.

Susan,Praying for Michael.Have a safe trip.

Carol,I don't know if I could do another move.LOL. Just the thought of it makes my back hurt.Try not to overdo.I know..easier said than done.

Maryanne,Did you past your test?

Susie,Did you get your computer all fixed back up?We had a bug so bad awhile back I was pulling my hair out.Finally found it and now all is ok again.

Well everyone I better start supper.To all I forgot to mention..sorry and hope you are having a great spring : ))

Nancy

• remy_gw
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    It was snowing on my way home from work today: ( Spring really in at a stand still. I think we are going to jump straight into summer, lol.

Laura,
    I had to work on Easter. I kept joking that we were scheduled to work because management decided we were the heathens.
    I did have a nice Good Friday though. I went to the Broadway Market with my sister-in-law and her kids. It is an old Polish tradition to go there for foods like homemade candy and baked goods, see the easter bunny, buy Polish pottery and so on. It was packed as it always is pre-Easter. It is is a strange place because the whole neighborhood is now a ghetto, but the Broadway Market is still there.
    I could hardly carry out all the stuff I bought! I did buy two pretty Easter planters for my relatives that were in the hospital and I stopped to see them on the way home.

Maryanne,
    I sure hope your testing went good. I've never had to do that for a job. Though this one I did have to do a drug test.

Beth,
    Glad to hear most of the flowers survived. The winter aconites you sent me are still blooming! They are very cheery looking. They multiply don't they?

Susan,
    I'm glad you are getting your family into shape. I know how it is. I'm afraid to leave Gary home alone for more than 2 days, lol.
    I'm sure hoping your brother will be ok. My cousin had to have her brain operated on for tumors about 2 years ago now, and she is doing good, so it is possible : )

Susann,
    I've not bought from them. I have bought from Forest Farm for odd items, so I can recommend them for that. They also have search by needs on their website. I'll put the link below.

Nancy,
    So glad to hear you had a great time with your sisters!

Sassy,
    That is so odd, living in a home with no street address! Well, I'm sure it is turning into a home irregardless : )

Susie,
    I hope you got your computer fixed. Please post when your weather takes a turn for the better. It will have to come here soon after that!

If I missed anyone, you know I didn't mean it : )
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

hey all, i'm not as mental as some people might think LOL
    this was certainly different and a litle strange. i did "pass" and tomorrow they will share the results. i've always had to take some type of test for jobs, but this one was way different. i was paid a very high compliment from one of the partners, so my expectations for my own personal success is high. i'm counting the days until my health benefits kick in...been without them a little too long. so, just when gardening season is starting, i'm going to work ~~ go figure! well, at least i can throw myself back into the swaps.

susan, i am keeping you all in my prayers. i've asked my mother to add your family to her prayers and michael is on the prayer list at church. keep the faith. heck, look at that news reported, bob woodruff - look what he overcame.

remy, do you have a collection of polish pottery? i keep telling myself not to buy any when i see it. i'm obsessive, i couldn't just have one ~ i would turn it into a mission. is that market anywhere near where you took us when we were up there?

dizz, i looked over that site and bookmarked it for later. i like the lay out as well, easy to maneuver.

nancy, everytime we all get together one story starts and then it goes on from there. it's even great when the pictures come out. suck treasured memories.

dancing with the stars is a little disappointing this season.

hey all you dog owners, all of a sudden one of the dogs is scratching into dog beds and comforters and ripping them pulling out the inside filler. what is that about ~ do you know? could it be one dog jealous of another or is it a sign of something else? i've never had a dog that caused damage or got into things before and it's almost a year with these two and this is a brand new behavior. i show them both and hollar and they turn their heads and one runs away, so i don't know which one is doing it. i hate to think i'm going to come home to a shredded house. any ideas will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

be well,
    maryanne

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I need to make a few changes in this months swap. I have not heard from LunaMoon, so I don't think she is playing.

Ilovefarac, Can you please choose another pal? Either
    klickitat
    nyvoices

Then I can have a pal and we should be all set.

Nancy, I think we are going to be okay, thank you for your offering to jump in.

Maryanne, So glad to hear the job testing went well. Congratulations!

Remy, that market sounds like so much fun, glad you had a good time.

Hope you all have a super day! Amy

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello everyone! Glad everyone had a wonderful EAster! As I did, kinda sad but everyone got together and we had a nice dinner and visit. Both my kids and their children and my two sisters and there children. Was good to all be together.
    Sorry about LunaMoon.Not that I wouldn't want to trade with everyone, but thought I had more from her list right now!
    I am absolutely thrilled with Nyvoices picking me! I just traded with Klickitat in the March dec. swap so will pick Nyvoices! Not sure I can find anything she doesn't already have but will give it a try!!
    Have a great day everyone!
    Melinda

• skohler
    16 years ago

AmY Just wanted to let you know that lunamoon works &
    not alway get to check her mail everyday But pretty sure she will want to play in this month .
    can you let ILOVEFARAC still keep lunamoon & then you choose who you want to send to, & then lunamoon will send to the other gal .
    So Now you can still be able to post the line up.
    on a new new thread .

we have blowing snow today they say maybe 2-4 inches :(
    as for my laptop it is in the shop needs to be reprogramed & they have to send for the recovery disk:(
    so still on this old slow poke .
    well have a great day look for you all on Easter swap#2 :)))

susie

• beth_b_kodiak
    16 years ago

Wow Tina. What a surprise.
    Oh my gosh. I have gotten the most generous gift certificate for Bluestone Perennials. It will be as much fun shopping with it as it will be to have the plants growing in my garden.
    This is so exciting and you are right Tina, they are having some terrific specials now.
    I confess I was feeling grumped-out by the weather but I'm smiling now :o)) Thank you so much Tina. This is/was a wonderful surprise.

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    16 years ago

Dizzy, I ordered from Big Dipper Farms this year and received my order a few weeks ago. I was very happy with my order. Several of the things they sent were proven winners and were healthy and nice sizes.
    Theresa

• amybabyboy3
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received a message from Susie that Lunamoon is playing so this is the lineup.
    KLICKITAT sending to mellen
    LUNAMOON sending to nyvoices
    AMYBABYBOY3 sending to klickitat

Thank you all, Amy

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Egads. It's rough being the last girl picked to play kickball. :) But somehow I'm certain that this lineup is for the best. Can't wait to start shopping for my new exchange partner... mellen!!!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner