SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aiaral

Are the past all help?

aiaral
18 years ago

My tomatoes seem to get some kind of disease every year, probably because I have no choice but to plant in the same spot and its going on 40 years. (O.K., Im not a kid)

I did a lot to amend my soil in the fall hoping that they would do much better this year. Instead it's the worse year I've ever had. The first problem was the yellowing of leaves starting at the bottom but some are now are yellow all the way up. There are so many unripe tomatoes on these plants that I hate to pull them up. I also have powdery mildew on most. Right after planting I started using Serenade as a preventative and have continued to use it. Well, I guess it does not work on tomatoes, though my roses (also sprayed) have never been better. I also used a product called Messenger, it's not for disease control but supposed to be a benifit for the plants growth. The Messenger may be part of the problem as I started to notice the yellowing after the first spraying with it. I did stop the Messenger - just in case.

I would appreciate any advice. Even if it's to late for this year it may help for my next try. Is there any hope for the tomatoes on these sick vines ripening??

Comments (9)