SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabaroonie

Enclosed Square Foot Garden

Sabaroonie
11 years ago

Hello all! I'm new here, and fairly new to gardening. I live in an area with a lot of critters. They have done a job on my garden this year, to the point of it almost being useless to me and my family. I've decided I want to enclose my garden, to protect from the critters. I've inherited a metal gazebo, without the topper. My plan is to enclose it with chicken wire, and put my raised beds in there. I feel this will help with some vertical growing I would like to experiment with, as well as keeping my garden safe. The Gazebo is 8 ft square, and I plan on hanging a screen door as well. I've included the layout of my garden. Now here's the hard part... Where to plant each thing I want to grow? I've got some trees, but I think I can get the garden out far enough from them that they won't be a huge problem. But how do I make sure everything gets enough sun? I hope to be able to plant Bell Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Two types of tomato, Honeydew, Watermelon, Pumpkin, Corn, Green Onions, Radishes, Turnips, Zucchini, Eggplant, Broccoli, Carrots, Spinach, Leaf Lettuce, Cucumbers, and Sugar Snap Peas... I'm trying to layout everything on a grid, but I'm concerned that things won't get enough sun...Any suggestions?

Comments (8)

Sponsored