SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katiedidcottage

Wisteria with weed problem -- help, please

katiedidcottage
17 years ago

Hope someone can help me with this problem.

Early this spring, I purchased a rather large wisteria and it is growing rapidly and looks great.

Only problem is that there were some of these very large leafed weeds, the kind that usually has a long tap root that were in it when I bought it. I tried to pull them out when I bought it and they popped off at the ground.

Yesterday we noticed that 4 had come back. I tried to work into the soil (or lack of it) where they came out but its mostly woody and wisteria roots where they are coming through and a very tiny space. I was able to get one of the weeds out with the roots, but I am afraid I'll break the wisteria if I pull or spade it. And I'm afraid if I spray the weed with the weed killer that it might soak down and get the wisteria also. I thought maybe I could get some kind of metal probe and stick in where they come out and wiggle it to try to make some room to pull them out.

Has anyone had a problem like this? If so, what did you do to get these weeds out if they come in between tiny spaces in the woody part of a plant.

Katie

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES