SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
big_orange_vol_

Nosey Question........and new MTPS info..........................

big_orange_vol_
18 years ago

How many of you will be attending the MTPS for the first time this year? I'm just curious.

Please feel free to email me with any questions that you may have.

I'm sugesting that everyone try to get there between 8:00-9:00 to avoid congestion. We are going to have to move the swap location over by the Chapel because of the huge amount of canoers that Jan & Jim are having so I want to make sure that we are all signed-in and set up by 10:00 and ready to swap. Just one more logistical problem to iron out. I can still use all the help that I can get too!!!!!!!!

Comments (8)

• Jan_Hobbs
    18 years ago

By the chapel, is on the creek mostly in shade like the campground. Sorry we are having to move it, but will have about 40 people camping where we normally have the swap.

We will also have the chapel benches for some of us to sit on while Marty talks, which will be nice.

For those that are newbies, you might bring a lawn chair to sit in when you need to rest while swapping.

There are soft drinks, Gatorade, bottled water and snacks in the camp store at the bathhouse if anyone will need anything.

SEE YOU AT THE RIVER

Jan

• Raney10
    18 years ago

Hi Jeff and Jan,

It has been a never ending discussion about whether we should come to the swap or not. We have checked the directions and figure it will take us about 3 hours to get there. I want so much to attend and meet everyone and I do want to give away some of my winter grown seedlings, especially the Catalpa tree for Marty. I just don't look forward to a three hr drive each way. Does anyone else come from that far?

Raney

• Jan_Hobbs
    18 years ago

Raney, we have one lady coming from Bowling Green...and when the folks from east TN come it is about 5-6 hours. We have them come from MS, AL, had them come from Long Island, and OK, NC, WV.

We'll have to see how far they come from this time.

Jan

• katzswoman
    18 years ago

Raney, Jan and Jeff,
    If i make it I will be traveling at least 3 hours. and I will be a newbie. I'm planning on getting up at 5am to leave. I will be coming from Brighton TN. please put your prayers out there that I make it. Was suppose to work a wedding at the last minute and the bride found out the groom was cheating on her. So we will see if I make it, lots of problems at the moment but I'm positive things will work themselves out!!!
    Martha

• mari5us
    18 years ago

Hi Raney,
    I drive that long and consider it well worth my effort !!
    I live in White House up I-65 towards the Tn./Ky. line, if you go you will never regret your choice and I promise you this----- you will come back again !!
    Marianne

• katiedidcottage
    18 years ago

Raney,

I am one of the people who came from Mississippi last spring. It was about a 3 to 4 hour drive. We live near Memphis in the far west of the State of Tennessee. We just cannot make it this year due to family obligations, but it was a very nice trip. I didn't want to leave! We have only a small car and it was loaded down with plants and kept us busy for days (weeks) getting everything planted.

Maybe we can get a small truck for next year.

Oh, and good idea about bringing the lawn chairs. We didn't think about that, and we were the only two that had to stand around looking dumb at the last swap.

Katie & Rich

• Raney10
    18 years ago

Many thanks to all of you who posted notes letting me know how far you travel to the plant swap.

Unfortunately, on Thursday night I became very ill and couldn't attend anyway. I'm better now but have to see a neurologist to find out what could have caused the problem.
    Anyway, we have decided that next year we will make reservations and stay overnight in our RV.

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time.

Raney

• katzswoman
    18 years ago

Raney,
    We all had a good time....Poor jeff advertised and where they were only expecting 200 at most....There were atleast 400 people. Kinda Crazy....but everyone managed and if you are a true gardener then you would love it. I got there at 8:30 a little later then I wanted....And it was good. The garden web people rock. The site was awesome...Jim and Jan the owners of the camp ground were the perfect host even though they were not expectiong so many people. I stayed till 4:30 and did not want to leave. I could have floated down the river for awhile afterwards or gone fishing. Or just stayed and enjoyed my surroundings. I hope you are feeling better but if you can make it to the fall swap I think you would be impressed. These people are down to earth and some of the nicest people I have meet in a long time.

Martha

It was well worth the 3 hour trip...but I will too camp next time.

Sponsored