SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boring24

NEW: The Petal Pushers 'Bring on Spring Fling'

Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
15 years ago

Hi Petal Pushers....ready for spring? I know we've all been waiting so patiently for the time that we could trade plants. Well, I believe that time has arrived for most of us or will in time for this swap. So get out there and start dividing those plants, start updating your trade lists, and get ready to swap! If you don't wish to trade plants, please feel free to participate but post that so I can partner you up with someone else not wanting to trade plants yet. You could then send or receive things to get ready for planting season.

Let's do sign-ups until April 3rd and plan to send out by April 26th. Please indicate if you'd prefer to receive closer to the end of that time frame. Please plan to send by priority mail if you are including plants and post delivery confirmation number.

Comments (140)

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wendy, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I know that dragon fly was to remind you that your mom is with you. God does speak to us in those ways. Mothers do so much to shape who we become that they live on in us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you can find some joy in the day.

Come on now gals, is Karen the only one who will try to guess how I met DH? It is quite a funny story!

Theresa

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Wendy-This is for you. I pray you had good day & shed those tears & enjoy those wonderful memories. I must tell you, I also call each member of my family & sing to them. Just a reminder to them that I love them dearly. Your mom sounds like a wonderful lady--like mother, like daughter, I say. I really appreciate your posts, lovely lady. Blessings, Margaret

• Related Discussions

Spring fling 14 what to bring

Q

Comments (14)
    I call dibbs on ONE small horseradish root!!!! I'm going to have a few tomatoes & peppers to share. (And a pretty wide variety of them). My mystery bush from the first Fling I hosted has finally bloomed and yup, I believe they're gooseberries. I'll have a couple of those small starts for offerings too. The onion chives I got from Dawn a few years back need divided so I'll have those too.
    ...See More

NEW: Petal Pushers Valentine Swap 09

Q

Comments (150)
    Susie I'm going to guess......Bearded Iris! LOL and of course CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WIN! Yes, I'm getting excited about ordering our iris. We are going to be digging like gophers when all these plants come in. I checked back at the USPS track and confirm and this is what it says for Vic's box: Label/Receipt Number: 0307 0020 0000 3240 1374 Status: Notice Left We attempted to deliver your item at 4:06 PM on February 27, 2009 in BILLINGS, MT 59106 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later. I'm sorry I was the last one to send out, and I hope she likes what I've sent. I also sent out the goodie bags in large bubble envies so maybe Lisa and Susie will get them today. Oh yes, Fran your bracelet was mailed out the same day along with the Margaret's Magazines. In a few weeks I'm going to be working day shift from 9-5 with week-ends off for a while. The day manager is due to deliver her baby on March 30th, and she says she is working up to her delivery date. LOL.... we'll see. I told them no, but they kept asking me to do it. To be honest I don't know how people get everything done that needs to be done with only 2 days off. I like my long stretch off work every other week, and I've been a nite owl for so many years this will be an adjustment for me. It is not like I sleep in late when I'm off. I just might not comb my hair til noon. :O):O):O) Vic, I'm sorry I was slow getting your package out. LIFE IS GOOD, Annie
    ...See More

UPDATE: ~A Petal Pushers New Year~

Q

Comments (45)
    Thats a great bunch of seeds ya received Mary Ellen, way to go BusyLizzy! Marianne have you heard from Sonja? I have emailed her letting her know that I sent her goodie package. I also emailed her just to see if everything was going ok. Ya'll keep Happy in your thoughts and prayers, I don't know her but I gather that she is going through a tough time also and needs some friends. Ok NOW...... If any of ya'll haven't seen ma first bloom from in MNF's My Silly Valentine (where I posted pics of what I now KNOW is a daffy) I posted pics of "her" from this morning when she first started to open up and bloom until this... (is ya have seen the pic then I am sorry but I am tickled about it!!!) My First Bulb bloom EVER not to mention this Spring (shhh we don't know its still winter here)
    ...See More

NEW: Petal Pushers Valentine Swap 08 - New Thread

Q

Comments (77)
    Anita you're very welcome but to clarify I was in no way, shape or form trying to be dishonest, I just didn't feel it necessary to take credit for helping a friend. We're all here for you. Hugs Shirley, I thought it was a hoot too. Doesn't it look like our group? lol We never tire of looking at gardening magazines, do we. My sweet little McKenzie will be 1 year old tommorrow, my how time flies. And speaking of birthdays we must throw a party for our Dee/Faintheart. Dee's birthday is the 26th. So keep checking in and and wish her a great big happy birthday! Well girls thanks to all of you for a successful swap. You girls are the best! Sassy
    ...See More
  • sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Thankyou ladies! That was so sweet of you, I got an email card from Dee/Faintheart as well! :) My SO came home and he decided to take me out to dinner instead of stayin' in so at 8pm we headed out w/ the van full of all the kiddos and went to Pasta Bella. YUMMY food!! They brought out 3 HUGE pieces of cheesecake for me, my son and his fiancee as their bdays are end of this month too. It was delicious! I have to admit maybe that's all I needed was just to get out for awhile. Being here in the house that she lived in sometimes takes its toll, but more often than not it's a blessing and I love it. We walked out on the patio and my son and his fiancee started dancing, so when they got out to the car I grabbed my SO's hands and had him out there in the parking lot dancing away ! hehe He was only slightly mortified he's used to my crazy ideas..lol Then my son and his gf joined in and my youngest son grabbed up my daughter and they started acting all crazy as well. So my night ended quite wonderfully to be honest. Then we came home and I got online to find all these kind words from each of you.

Thanks so much!!

*HUGS!!*
    ~Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ahhh, Wendy, I am so glad you had a beautiful bday. I know it is hard sometimes to be in your moms home, but you have to remember, it was and is NOW your home too. And your mom wanted it that way, and you know this. You felt at home when she was there and I know you feel it now too.
    It is a blessing, I would have loved to have had my grandparents place. I miss my grandpa.
    Plus I loved the place, it was nice. You will always be at home as long as you live there be home.

:) Fran

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Wendy, happy belated birthday. God bless you and your family. What a blessing from our lord to show you a dragonfly. Especially in the cold funky weather. Such a gift. God is offering comfort, joy and her for your special day. How wonderful. Then your wonderful family last night. I do that with my DH and my kids. I will grab one and start dancing or singng (not loudly) or whatever. My kids are to a age where most would be mortified but they just roll their eyes and giggle and then dance.

I am so glad you had a great birthday. Your momma wants you happy and to remember the good times and favorite memories. It is also ok to cry and miss her. That is what makes those memories bittersweet and wonderful. They are your and yours alone.
    GodBless and Happy Birthda

Nichol

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday Wendy!! I'm so glad your day turned out to be such a nice one after all! May your spring and summer be filled with dragonflies and the happy, loving memories of your mom!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you guys! lol You're all so sweet. Thankyou!!!!!!! It's a beautiful day out... I have emails to send and bills to pay and drs appts to make.. BUT.. .I think I'll sneak outside awhile and enjoy our sunshine!

Hugs!
    Wendy :)

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Wendy,
    Happy Belated Birthday! We don't have a Pasta bella out here, hmmm, sounds like I'm missing something yummy!

I can relate to everything your saying, it's so hard being without our Parents. My Dad's been gone for 12 years (this Easter). And now with Mom gone, it's lonely! My birthday wasn't the same. But, I do know that my Mom would be so disappointed to see me sad. I'm at that point where I have all the cherished memories, plus am making so many new ones with my Family. My Mom would be really proud! I never realized how strong I am. ;)

I understand about the house too- whenever I go over there I'm flooded with memories. Sometimes, I wish I would just move in her house, and sometimes I'm glad to just go home to mine. Giant hugs for you Wendy!

Pic of Melvin and Toby sitting in the sun!

• faintheart
    15 years ago

Hi all!

I've been coping with some tendonitis and trying to avoid too much computer time (other than work) so I can get some relief. Last week I had to take ibuprofen so I could get some sleep...this week is better.

Wendy, sounds like the perfect ending to your birthday! How sweet of SO and the kids to celebrate the day with an outing and a lil dancin' too! :)

Deb, I love seeing your pics of Toby and Melvin. They can't help but bring a smile!

Theresa...here is my guess at how you and DH met:
    Young Theresa was just 16 going on 17 and her big brother decided to follow family tradition of military service and enlist. (for purposes of this story, we will call big bro, Ryan) Ryan went off to boot and lil sis, Theresa missed him terribly. Mom and Dad promised they all would be able to go see him graduate boot camp and they held true to their promise. After the ceremony, Ryan joined the family and brought along a new buddy who's family was not able to attend. Theresa thought the young man was nice and kinda cute too. As they all went out to dinner that evening, Theresa kinda forgot about missing her brother so much as she was focused on Ryan's new friend and his eyes that had a certain sparkle. At the end of the evening, lil sis Theresa promised Ryan she would write him every week. She didn't want this cute guy with the dreamy eyes to feel bad so she promised to write him too. Just as any good sis would do, she kept her promises though her notes to the two of them were much different. Ryan got the typical newsy family chat about family, pets, etc. and "dreamy guy" got long letters about the latest movies showing, high school senior year, popular songs that she loved, etc. The correspondence continued and military leaves were spent in Michigan. As the years passed, details become much too personal to divulge here. (in a few short years, "dreamy eyes" would be known to Theresa as DH). ;)

How did I do???

Dee

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lol, I LOVE that story! And I always wanted a big brother....but I was the oldest.

So that's not it. Thanks for joining Karen in the game, Dee. The real story is just as romantic though :)

Here's another hint:

In college I joined ROTC (Reserve Officers' Training Corps)

Is anyone else gonna play? Where is everyone? Hopefully everyone has been out digging in their spring garden and so are too tired in the evenings to log on?

Theresa

• faintheart
    15 years ago

well, darn...I thought I had it! okay but I am bettin' I am right on the finer details, i.e. cuteness factor, sparkley, dreamy eyes. Will have to think on this a bit more to get the generalizations right!!! ;)

D

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh yes, very sparkly dreamy eyes and irresistable charisma.

;)

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

WENDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wendy-I like dragonflies also and buy them when I find them. I'm so glad you were cheered up on your Birthday. It means so much to be thought about when you are sad and blue.

Fran-The blonde jokes are pricless.

Dee-I really like your story of how Theresa met DH.

Theresa-I received my plants today. Thank you so much. I am off tomorrow and plan to get them planted.

Shirley

• galium
    15 years ago

Wendy-I hope Fran's jokes helped a bit. I know they made me laugh. To this day my B'day and Christmas reminds me of my mom. I am able to think fond memories much more now. Happy belated birthday.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend
    Hugs
    Mariann

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! TY TY TY again for all the wonderful bday wishes and jokes! :) They are certainly appreciated!!

We are supposed to have heavy storms today with possible large hail! ick! I was hoping to do some more seed planting today on the front porch but if heavy winds are comin'... maybe not such a good idea! Won't be the first time I've wheeled a wheelbarrow into my kitchen! hehe

Karen I'm going to place an order for some goodies for you early next week. I wish I had plants a plenty of my own to share but I'm just not there yet! But I do love a good excuse for ordering plants cuz I always squeeze one or two in there for myself as well! :)

Happy Friday everyone!
    Hugs,
    Wendy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Deb, Melvin & Toby are sure a couple of cuties!
    How is your new parrot doing?

Dee, I love your answer for Theresa's 'how I met hubby' question! You're a very good story teller! I could never word things so nicely!

Theresa, I'd have never thought you were also in the military seeing as you were in college!! Wow! So now I'll have to do a little bit of thinking on my next guess!

Wendy, I know what ya mean about not having a lot of established plants/flowers. All but one of my Iris' and all of my daylilies are only a year or 2 old, so any divisions would be small. I also rely on placing an order or two, and sneaking somehting in for myself!! I sure hope your neck of the woods misses out on the lagre hail!

I may not be online tomorrow (I'm hoping to clear out the flower beds) so here is my wish for everyone to have a very
    Happy Easter!!

Karen

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I wasn't actually in the military. ROTC is a college training program for officers. When you finish college you have the option to join the military as an officer.

Hope that helps ;)

-T

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

hmmm.....My guess is that your hubby was an instructor for this class, but because of this, he wasn't able to persue you, so after you finished the ROTC training and decided not to join the military, he was very quick to sweep you off of your feet! I wish I could make it sound as romantic as Dee!! :)

Karen

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You are on the right track.............:)

I don't know how to give another hint that's more specific other than think Private Benjamin.

:)

• skohler
    15 years ago

You took a vacation over sea's & he happened to be stationed there :) you met on a parkway or cafe :)

Hi All Well I have been working in my gardens & trying to rid myself of the sinus head cold AGAIN Along with my dad .

Sorry I had to back out of this swap But I had to many other things that came up this month .

Today I plan to go pick up a few patio blocks that is being given to me & hope to put to good use :)

Looks as you all are going to have some nice trades will check back in again .
    take care all

susie

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

I can't quite remember how Private Benjamin went, but I'll guess he was your drill sergeant! And he made you so nervous, because you had such a 'crush' that you were always goofing up when he was around! :) Which caught his attention, and then after training, the two of you started dating!

• faintheart
    15 years ago

*taking a break from seeding the new lawn*

To celebrate the end of MSL classes, there was a ROTC dance for cadets. Theresa and some friends decide "why not" as some of her male classmates were very nice and it could be an opportunity to get to know them better. One in particular stood out as he never failed to capture her attention during training. He had a unique self confidence and charisma about him that didn't compare with the others. There was that certain sparkle in his eyes when he caught her watching him, though she hoped he hadn't noticed. The dance was indeed fun and Theresa was more than happy to dance with "dreamy eyes" when he finally did ask! After the dance, "dreamy" asked Theresa if he could see her again. The evening couldn't have been more perfect!!! and......that is how Theresa and DH met.

*off to seed more grass before dark*

D

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies, I pray you will all have a most joyous & blessed Easter! Blessings, Margaet

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

D - You need to write romance novels!

But Karen take the prize again. To begin ROTC training, I went to Fort Knox, KY for 6 weeks of "basic" during the summer after my sophomore year('89). As soon as I got off the truck at arrival, I made steaming eye-contact with one particular drill sergeant that happened to be the one I got assigned to. During the course of those six-weeks, I fell head over heals for him. When he would get in my face for something, all I could do was stare at him with my mouth wide open. But then once I got myself together, I would make some flirtation right back at him. The flirtation was low-key but VERY obvious for the two of us. Our relationship started 4 months after I left there when a friend (who had also attended that basic with me) tricked me into visiting there during the winter holiday. She told me she was going too but backed out once I got down there. She knew we were meant to be together. As it turns out, DH later told me that he had told his partner during that summer that he was going to marry me. Anyway, we had a two-year long-distance relationship (we saw each other about once a month as we were only 6 hours away) then got married two weeks after I graduated Michigan State. The first Gulf war had just taken place and DH did not want me in the military nor did I. I was anxious to be a domestic housewife and mother of his children. So it began.

Great guess Karen. You were right on and it was full of D's storybook romance.

Karen, I will send your prizes when I send my partner's box. I will look around for a picture from that summer to scan in and post.

Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ahhh, Theresa that is just so awesome, I love to hear stories of real life romances. There are so few of them now.
    We need more of this in the world!!!!

Congrats Karen on a job well done!

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1258622}}

Have a Beautiful Easter Day!!

Theresa that is so romantic!! I'm excited about winning!!

:) Karen

• galium
    15 years ago

Theresa-Great story about you and DH!
    Mariann

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

aww Theresa that's sooo romantic! :)

I just had to 'check in' and say I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!

Karen ~ I am still currently working on your box and it will definitely be an end of month arrival since I've ordered plants. :) I do hope you like them!

Brittneysgran ~ I will send you an email tonight w/ my address info.

I will probably only be online off and on for the next 2 wks. I ended up going to the ER this wkend for kidney stones and since I have no insurance, will be paying on that huge ER bill instead of paying our internet/cable bill.. So they will def cut us off sometime this week. I will check in when I can get to a friend's house and/or the library tho. Just wanted to let you know so you didn't think I just up and disappeared! Hopefully next month will be .. less eventful! lol

Hugs,
    Wendy

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Just dropping in to say Hi! and hope everyone is having a good week!

Wendy, I hope you are able to check in now and again! I did reply to your email, so if you see this, I did send one! I hope you got it!

We are suppose to have another couple of days with temps in the 60's. I should rake the leaves out of my flower beds. So much is coming up. But our nights still get down into the 30's, so I figure the flowers will still benefit from their cozy blanket of leaves.

Margaret, I'm still making plans for your box!! I will still wait until the end of the month to send though. Just to be on the safe side!

:O) Karen

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Howdy ALL,
    Wendy I am sorry you are having so many issues, that all sucks! Hope everything works out for you soon.

Theresa, I got an envy from you today, it was empty. There was a PO sticker on it saying it had came open, the tape wasn't stuck and the contents where spilled.
    So I have NO idea what it was BUT THANKS! I hate that the tape didn't stick, not sure what happened with it.
    You also have the old address you need my new one :D.

Ok well, need to get back outside, it is BEAUTIFUL out today and we have been working, trying to clear some underbush and junk out.

Have a great day everyone!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Karen I got your email and ty! :) I've placed the order of plants just waiting on them to arrive! and so far I'm still online.. hehe

Thanks Fran, enjoy your beauuuuuuuuuutiful day out, it's gorgeous here too! I've been trying to clear some errant monkey grass out of a side yard flower bed. I just had to get OUTside and breathe in some sunshine!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• faintheart
    15 years ago

Congrats on figuring out how Theresa met DH, Karen!!! Very romantic for sure, Theresa! :)

Awwww, Wendy sorry to hear about your trip to ER. Hopefully you are feeling better! I have to look up monkey grass as I don't know what that is...sounds tropical. lol

Susie, hope you and your Dad are getting better. You are missed! Annie and everyone else too!

Sounds like you are getting a good start at the new place, Fran. Will be so much fun to plan and start new gardens. I know I have notes scattered everywhere with new plans! lol

Where are all our other petal pushers? Outside busy in the spring weather I guess. Just a few crocus blooming, tulips and a few allium peeking out of the ground here. Hostas are still asleep. I do have w/s jugs sprouting every day and baby tomatoes and peppers started under lights.

Any one else watch American Idol? I have a couple of favs I am cheering for.

Hugssssss,
    Dee

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Good Morning Ladies!

I thought I'd stop in and say Hello. I have been suffering with the bulging discs in my neck and haven't been on much lately, sitting at the computer is a killer!

What a nice story Theresa, My husband and I got together in an unusual way too! I actually didn't even like him in the begining!

I had a pain free day yesterday and planted out some winter sown babies. I used soda bottles pressed into the soil for frost protection, I hope it works!

I'm glad that I didn't join this month because my plants are just peeking out of the soil right now.I hope to join next month and have a lot to choose from to send to my partner.

I sent Tracy a card last week but haven't heard anything from her, I do hope she's okay. Tracy was my first ever swap buddy.

Dee, I watch American Idol, one of my favorites got voted off already! I just thought she was so different.

I found your addy in an old email so watch for a prize package, I hope you like it! Did you ever get the first one??

have a great day everyone!
    Lisa

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Good afternoon!

Temperature wise, we're having another nice day, just minus the sun. A little rain would be nice though!

The only thing blooming for me so far is some viola that is blooming everywhere except where I planted it! They're so pretty though, that I don't mind!

I watch American Idol also! I have quite a few fav.s. I like Danny, Adam, the 17yr old, and I really liked the one voted off that had short blonde hair with pink in it. She had a couple of tough weeks I guess. There are so many good ones this year! I thought Kris did really well the other night, but then the judges didn't, well, one of them didn't. I think Lil would be really good, she just seems to pick the wrong song? Otherwise she really has a good voice! No, I don't watch Idol very much...lol.

Lisa, I'm glad you enjoyed a painfree day yesterday! I also have 2 ruptured discs in my neck and one that is bulged. During early 2008, I had a lot of pain also. Mine was in my right arm. I would completely slouch back in my computer chair (it reclines back a bit) and pull the keyboard as far to the edge as I could, and then unbelievably, I'd be comfortable for awhile. I'm thankful in that with Physical Therapy and watching what I do and how much I lift, I haven't had the arm pain/tingling now for over 6 months. Do you have a hard time riding in a car? That was the worst for me. I also had to sleep only on my back, with my right arm up, like I was wavin'! lol. I hope you find some relief soon, Lisa.

I emailed Tracy a couple of months ago and never heard back from her either. I think of her often! If you peek in once and a while Tracy, know that you're very missed here!! :( Same goes for all of our missing Pedal Pushing friends!!

:0) Karen

• faintheart
    15 years ago

Hi all!

Lisa, no I never did receive anything but as I said I just played for fun. I am beginning to wonder about the efficiency of the postal service. Of the 13 envies I sent out for "spring me a surprise", only 7 were received for sure and acknowledged. It took 15 days for a letter I sent from my office to reach a vet just 12 miles away. It's crazy! Glad to hear you had a good day!!! I have two ruptured discs in my lower back and know how painful that is when I overdo.

Karen, we have the same favs on AI. It's going to be very hard these next few weeks to see them go. This group has lots of varied talent! Next week is disco songs...that could be interesting!

Theresa, share some more of those pretty blooms with us. I am getting anxious here for some color. ;) I just ordered some roses the other night. If the weather doesn't stabilize soon I am going to be broke from this "inside" wishing and gardening. :)

Dee

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Gals,

Sorry to have dropped off this week. Life has the best of me at the moment. I will explain all that later and try and post an update thread.

Fran, I am so upset that your surprise never made it! It was a good one that I got in St. Augustine. I can't see me getting back there anytime soon. So I will look for something else.

Lisa, now you must share your "meeting DH story" ...you've peaked my interest!

I will post again real soon...hopefully later tonight.

Theresa

• galium
    15 years ago

Wendy-Hope you're feeling better.

Lisa-Pain free days are nice aren't they??

Tracy is taking a needed break. Every once in a while I think we all need that especially when we've over extended ourselves. Just wanted to let everyone know that I have heard from her.

Have a great weekend everyone
    Mariann

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I am feelin' better, ty for asking Mariann. I *think* all the kidney stones are gone. No pain so that's a great sign!

I've been workin' like mad this week on the garden beds. Trying to designate some to various plants and sort out what's in the existing beds. There's lots of self-sowed 'babies' but I have NO idea what they are so I'm afraid to move anything! I might just add a few things to this front bed and let it grow as is so I can ID what all is in it and start moving things AFTER blooming...

Tomorrow I'm takin' the family to the Renaissance Festival. They always enjoy that so much and I do too! :) Sunday we've got storms coming in. blehh! The only day everyone's home and no plans and it's gonna rain! I was really hoping to get everyone out into the backyard to finish the edible garden area. Ah well we need the rain I suppose :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Mariann ~ Thanks for letting us know about Tracy.. I've thought about her often as well. Breaks are required in life sometimes, glad to hear she is doing well tho. :) TY!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hi girls, just want to say sorry for not being around much lately!

I'm right there with ya Theresa! Life has gotten the best of me lately too.

I will not be around for the next week, Zack and I are flying to Michigan, my Mom unexpectedly passed away this weekend. She had not answered her phone so my Brother went to check on her yesterday morning, he thought she was just sleeping until he tried to wake her. So, it does look as though it was peacful and in her sleep.

I'm gald to hear Tracy is ok, I do miss her...

Wendy, I forgot I was going to send you some seeds, I think I can get them and your plants out when I get back. Glad to hear you are better!

I didn't have time to read much, Hello to everyone else and hope all is well! I've gotta finish packing, we have a long day ahead of us, a 3 hr layover in MN and an 1 hr in Detroit, *sigh*

Take care girls,
    Vicky

• karenh71867
    15 years ago

Vicky, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts, prayers and hugs are being sent your way. Take care and I hope you have a quick and easy trip today.

Hugs,
    Karen

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Vicky ~ Goodness gracious don't worry about the seeds and plants right now!! :( I'm so sorry to hear that about your mom.. if you need a friend you email me, ok hon? I hope you both have a safe trip, take care and I'll keep you all in my prayers!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSs,
    ~Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Vic hon, you know I feel for you. So sorry for your loss. I emailed you a reply back. Be safe.

Mariann Thanks for letting us know about Tracy she is very missed, along with Sassy.

Theresa, hope you feel better soon.

Later ladies,
    Fran

• gardenmom2
    15 years ago

Vicky, I am so sorry for your loss and will say a prayer for you and your family. If you need anything, please let u know.

Nichol

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Vicky-My heartfelt sympathy is with you and your family during this time. May your memories give you strength. Peace, prayers and blessings to you all.

Shirley

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Shirley / Brittneysgran ~

ooohhh THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!! I was soooo excited to see that mailman stop his truck today..lol I have been happily googling pics of everything and ooooh'ing and ahh'ing over it all!!

Shirley shared with me:
    Clematis Nelly Moser
    Daylily Alpine Snow
    Daylily Splendid Torch
    Daylily Caprician Fiesta
    Bearded Iris Leprechaun's Delight
    Bearded Iris Spring Butterfly
    Bearded Iris Champagne Elegance
    Sedum Clown
    Sedum Matrona
    Siberian Iris Rikugi Sakura
    Siberian Iris Frosted Cranberry
    Lily of the Valley
    Crocosmia Emily Mackenzie
    Bath Salts, Note Pads, Sharpie Markers and Post-it Notes!

ohh Thankyou Shirley so very much I am just in awe and so very excited over these!
    You did a wonderful fantastic FABULOUS job picking out items I just love!

Thankyou!!

Karen - I was thinking of you yesterday as I was planting out a nice assortment of seeds you sent me once in a sasbe I believe.. I just wanted to say thanks again they will all be a wonderful addition!!

Also, I finally received confirmation that my shipment will arrive between May 4th thru 8th. ARGHHH!! Hopefully Karen, that will work for even better for your zone? I'm sorry it's past the deadline but my hands are tied until it's received.

*I will be offline starting tomorrow until possibly May 4th. Just wanted to let you all know.

Thanks!!
    Wendy

• galium
    14 years ago

Robin-You box in on it's way to the PO via DH.LOL Sorry it's so late.
    DC# 0103 8555 7496 9264 1755

Wendy-Nice box from Shirley
    Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I'm working on finalizing my package tomorrow. It's raining AGAIN! I wanted to dig and play in the dirt a little, but it's been raining for a few days. I know.. I won't complain, it's April, LOL!

I'll post a DC# for Nichol's package when it goes out. I'm sorry it's late!

hugs,
    Deb

• gardenmom2
    14 years ago

Not a prob. Deb. Mine justwent out yesterday. And you can keep the rain over there or send itnorth or something would you? I am in southeastern Indiana and know what you are saying about the rain. LOL

Hope you are having a good week.

Nichol

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Wendy-Glad you liked the box. Hope you have those beds ready to plant everything. LOL Sorry to hear about the ER bill because of the kidney stones. Things seem to be going smoothly and then pow you get knocked back.

Here's the list of the remaining swap months for the year.
    Annie has started the May thread so everyone go over and sign up.

PP 2009 SWAPS

JAN: SUSIE - Completed
    FEB: CONNIESC - Completed
    MAR: FRAN - Completed
    APRIL: THERESA
    MAY: ANNIE
    JUNE: LISA
    JULY:SHIRLEY
    AUG: SUSIE
    SEPT: GALIUM
    OCT: SASSYBUTTERFLY
    NOV: MARGARET_2007
    DEC: NCGARDENGIRL

Robin-Now I want to thank you for the wonderful April box you sent to me. It was just like Christmas bringing out all those neat plants and surprises in the box.

Robin sent:
    Tricyrtis-I love toad lilies and have them all planted
    Cannas-Rosemond Cole (Lost this one so glad I have again)
    Hummingbird feeder-Just in time..the hummers are back
    sedum
    hosta
    purple phlox
    pink christmas cactus
    iris
    plaque that says Welcome to the Garden
    post-it-notes
    bath crystals

Gosh you sent alot of goodies....thank you so much for every item you chose for me. What a fun month this has been.

Shirley