SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fenwayscott

Just Getting Started

fenwayscott
9 years ago

I have enjoyed many of the posts I have read on this site and have bookmarked it. I love the way this virtual community commits to helping each other out in a positive way. I am just getting started with our backyard. I am trying to make it so cool that all of the kids in the neigborhood want to be here. This area of the yard was overgrown with runners from an invasive bush on the other side of the fence. That is the primary reason I a putting down pavers. I chose to modify the size of the boxes for a variety of reasons but looks and depth were the primary drivers. The boxes are 14 inches deep. I have (2) 2X3, (1) 3X4, and (1) 4X4. I am thinking about modifying the 4X4 to include a custom Potato Box in the far back corner. I will have an area for a potting bench and another small area that will keep a compost tumbler. I will also be installing a drip system that will run on my properties sprinkler system. While I build this, My son and I have grown radishes and Cucumbers with a lot of success. The smile on his face was worth all of the hard work and we can't wait to use these to supplement our Vegan household with fresh produce!!!

All comments are welcome. Let me know if you see me making any mistakes.

Comments (5)

Sponsored