SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moriah_gw

All my Roma's leaves fell off!! Help!!

moriah
15 years ago

Hi everyone, I am new here, and have been reading over other people's posts, and it seems like everyone has lots of tips, so I hope someone can help me. I have grown tomatoes the last couple of years, then last fall I moved. The dirt in this location is black and rich, but sandy. I purchased some Roma tomatoes, seedlings I guess, they were about six inches tall, and the leaves were a very healthy green. I also purchased some for my neighbor. Anyway, that was Sunday, as soon as I got home I planted them. I cultivate the soil all around them before putting them in the ground, and planted them almost to the first leaf. I watered them in pretty good too. That night we had severe storms, and high winds. The next morning I went out to check on my plants, and some of the leaves had fallen off, and they looked a little droopy. Today, I have plants with absolutely no leaves, the leaves have fallen off and are laying on the ground beside the plants!! I also planted green peppers, and they are fine. I planted a cherry 100, and it seems to have most of it's leaves still on there. I have no idea what happened, why they are losing leaves like this!! My neighbor's Roma's that I got are fine. So what I am wondering if anyone has experienced this, and if my tomatoe are going to die?? Should I just pull them up and plant new ones?? Or how long do I give them to see if they will live?? I just have no clue what to do!! Thanks in advance!!

Comments (2)