SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
engineeredgarden

protecting my garden from critters

engineeredgarden
15 years ago

This morning, while I was opening my garden for watering everything- my wife asked me if I shared the fence info with everyone on here, and I said no.She thought I should share these pictures with y'all - and it would be nice of me to explain how the removable sections worked.I can open each section in approximately 3 seconds, and re-install it in the same amout of time.If everyone will remember, I built the "different" garden box, and everything is my own design.So, here goes.

First, I attached the bottom clamps to the inside of the 4x4 posts with screws, and installed a screw directly underneath the clamp to create a stopping point for the bottom of the tee post to rest on. The clamp opening is larger than the post,allowing the post to rest in there loosely (photo)

Second, I attach the top clamp to the 4x4 post, in such a manner as the top of the tee post only comes half way up into it.This way, the tee post is stationary, but very loose - at the same time (photo)

After I get 2 adjacent tee posts installed in this manner, I attach the wire mesh to the tee posts with electric fence wire.To remove each section, I simply lift one of the tee posts straight up about 1 inch, and swing the bottom of the post outward and down at the same time. (photo)

Since the wire mesh comes in a roll (and even when cut, always want to roll back up)- I utilize this to my advantage. I fasten the wire mesh to the "loosely mounted" tee posts, so that the curve naturally wants to go toward the box.That way,to gain access to each section of garden- I only remove one side, and allow the entire section to roll up on it's own -while walking it to the other post location.I can then leave it standing on it's end, all coiled up.The end result is a completely enclosed garden,without sacrificing funtionality and accessibility.(photo)

I hope this information is helpful,I get a good feeling - just knowing that I might be able to make someone's life easier in some way - by the designs that I come up with.Have a nice day

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting