SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gtomato

Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go !!

gtomato
18 years ago

How about a little love for my Steelers, huh ?!?!!!

just trying to lighten the mood a little. :)

We, and I mean WE, need a little change of pace from tomato talk. All winter it's been tomatoes, Steelers, tomatoes, Steelers,...

GO STEELERS !!!!!!

Comments (40)

• JohnGuelph

Black and Gold uniforms????????????
    Looks like Yellow to me, maybe I need glasses.

I've always liked Bill Cowher, looks like the kind of guy that you could go to a watering hole with, shoot the breeze, empty out some Brown bottles with.

I get the feeling his players play hard for him, harder than they would with any other coach. Perhaps this explains why he is the longest serving head coach in the NFL.

No predictions though (I predicted the Astros to win the Series).

John

• JohnGuelph

I've always liked Bill Cowher, looks like the kind of guy that you could go to a watering hole with, shoot the breeze, empty out some Brown bottles with.

I get the feeling his players play hard for him, harder than they would with any other coach. Perhaps this explains why he is the longest serving head coach in the NFL.

John

• Related Discussions

Come One,Come All! The Par-tay's at my house!

Q

Comments (12)
    That sounds like such fun CR. Most years my dd and her dh have a huge super bowl party, but the past three years they have had to leave their home in Tennessee and be in North Carolina for work on Super Bowl day. Linda
    ...See More

Going for 7! Go Steelers!

Q

Comments (4)
    I've never been to a stadium game in my life. Would love to someday but I don't want nose bleed section where I can't see anything. And I know premium seats are mega premium prices. Sigh. Oh well, maybe someday. At least my beloved team is headed to the Super Bowl and that's the most important thing.
    ...See More

Alright,here we go!

Q

Comments (61)
    Congratulations on achieving your personal goal, amylou, and to have encouraged your somewhat uncertainly motivated partner. Your partner's now "... SO happy to be able to eat without guilt"! So she got her gut cut ... and is unable to follow through with anything approximating a commitment to a comparably drastic commitment in daily life. ole joyful ... who's been (undesiredly) losing weight - part of the process of aging: how many fat centenarians does one encounter? (Or just too unwise/lazy to cook appropriately?)
    ...See More

Oh No! Here we go again! End of the line for roses in my gardens....

Q

Comments (17)
    The old saying is to prune when the forsythia starts to bloom. That is a good indication that the soil has warmed up enough for the plants to start actively growing. Those tiny leaves you are getting now are coming from the energy in the canes that was stored last fall. It is not coming from the roots being able to begin to take up nutrients and feed the plant.
    ...See More
  • JohnGuelph

John

• JohnGuelph

John

• JohnGuelph

John

• barkeater
    18 years ago

I loved the result too, but if you look right above your post, in blue, is a link for the discussions forum, where totally off-topic conversations belong.

• barkeater
    18 years ago

oops, I meant to say Conversation forum to talk about the Steelers, who will win the 2006 SB.

• cbars
    18 years ago

They should and will go ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

The Rooney family and all Pittsburgh fan deserve it.

Gary who has been a Steelers fan for ever!!

• jwr6404
    18 years ago

Steelers
    Is that one of those HOT Varieties for 06 everyone is talking about? Sorry I don't have enough room.

jim

• marie_in_wa
    18 years ago

nonononononono

Go Seahawks!

• big_mike
    18 years ago

The Steelers demolished the dreaded Broncos, Yeah, Yeah, Yessss!!

• kristin_williams
    18 years ago

Maybe we should turn this into a little subforum, where for the next few weeks, we discuss our opinions of the best black and gold fruited varieties. How about Aunt Gertie's Gold, Black from Tula, Sungold, Black Cherry, Gold Nugget, Black Krim, etc etc. Is this a good idea, or am I just incurably infected with Steeler fever?

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• clay199
    18 years ago

Too bad, so sad for you lot.
    It will be Seattle.

• barkeater
    18 years ago

kristen has the right idea. I'll go with AGG and Black Cherry. Seattle has no equivalent. That's 2 touchdowns right there for the Steelers! ;-)

• heirloomtomato
    18 years ago

Let's see - How about Mammoth German Gold & Black Plum?

Go BLACK & GOLD! Steeler's all the way!!!

Karen from NW Pennsylvania (only an hour north of Pittsburgh where Steeler fever is at a high pitch!)

• earl
    18 years ago

I think the AFC has somehow gotten the best players/coaches the last few years. If it had been Pit against Sea on Sunday, Pit would have kicked Sea into the ocean. Will be interesting to see how Sea does against a great defense. May the best team win.

• hortist
    18 years ago

sorry cbar,

I cant wait to see Cowher become the Marv Levy of the new millenium.

• MrClint
    18 years ago

Note to admin: As a long time Raider fan, is this thread on topic? :)

Here is a link that might be useful: On Topic

• tomstrees
    18 years ago

I'm growing "Golden Dwarf Champion" and "Carbon" in 2006 - That should prety much tell you who I'm "rooting" for ~ Tom

ps. in the convo section, hedwarr def. has this topic being covered !

• barkeater
    18 years ago

Note to Clint: I don't know about everyone else, but I was dicussing aunt gerties GOLD and BLACK cherry. If that's not on topic, what is???????

• sheilasgarden
    18 years ago

That's not a bad idea I've got Azoychka, AGG, Yellow Brandywine, for my yellows, and Black from Tula, Carbon and black Cherry as my blacks.

At the end of the season I'll create a platter with slices that reads, oh...I don't know...

'GO STEELERS SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!'

OR

'COWHER POWER'!!!!

It's a shame there are no 'blue' tomatos for the Sea-bags !!

Sheila- a rabid Steelrs fan with roots to the Steel city!!

• tomstrees
    18 years ago

wow ~ the powers that "be" got this here .... cool I think !!! lol ~ Tom

• big_mike
    18 years ago

The only thing I have against the Steelers is they didn't lose the last game so KC would have been in the playoffs instead of Denver. But since they beat Denver and the Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders never got close, Go Steelers.

• david52 Zone 6
    18 years ago

Bronco fan here. I've got neighbors who drove up to Denver (380 miles over 3 10,000 ft passes in the winter) in the hopes of scoring some scalped tickets to the game. They may or may not have succeeded, they haven't said a word.

• marie_in_wa
    18 years ago

Seahawks fans are so commited to their team they are willing to pay over $500 for a hotdog!

GO SEAHAWKS!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seahawks championship hotdog

• coronabarb
    18 years ago

Current bid is $1,194!! That's nutz!

• hedwarr
    18 years ago

See Ya Seattle!!!!!

• big_mike
    18 years ago

Would you believe it's up to $6100.00 and they don't even have relish on it?

• tomstrees
    18 years ago

I thought Seattle was Starbucks, Garden Burgers, and Sushi ~

Big bucks for big games - some Giants tickets were going for $2500 ! AND they got shut-out to boot !!!
    Talk about a $ bummer -
    At least if you pay top dollar at Supa-Bowl (this year anyway) - the game SHOULD be worth it ~ two well rounded teams ~ Tom

Steeler line up to +4 ...

• hedwarr
    18 years ago

Imagine being the guy who paid 2500 bucks for that game?

• hedwarr
    18 years ago

Anybody who pays 500 bucks for a hotdog can't be the sharpest tool in the shed!! LOL!!!

• hedwarr
    18 years ago

Hello?

• tomstrees
    18 years ago

yeah I know ... its crazy , but I am on the waiting list for Jints season tics - they say you wait at min. 20+ years !!! lol ~ I'm sure I'll have money for it by then ! ~ Tom

• tomstrees
    18 years ago

look how high the bid is now ~ Tom

• big_mike
    18 years ago

There are a lot of things I'd spend my ten grand on before I'd spend it on cow tail meat and a 3 day old bun.

• tomstrees
    18 years ago

Big_Mike - I hear that ... much rather buy a greenhouse! ~ Tom

• paquebot
    18 years ago

There are always the series of expensive things which boil down to a single item which is "priceless". It was there with 3 seconds left in the game. The TV camera was showing a very jubilant Cowher. For less than 2 seconds, Holmgren was shown and the look on his face was one of those "priceless" things! Many of us Wisconsinites have never forgiven him for walking out on the Packers and then taking Favre's best backup.

We'll be back!

Martin

• big_mike
    18 years ago

The Pack is my number 2 team and I was a little upset when Holmgren left, also. But I can't remember the last time Bret even needed a back-up. That's one tough dude!! My goal before I die is to see a Packers game at Lambeau Field in December!!

I never did understand my admiration of the Packers, since I remember Super Bowl I which wasn't even called the Super Bowl. The Pack thrashed my Chiefs soundly.

Mike, the closet Cheese head in Chiefs country.

• gtomato
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Whew!! Now I can get back to my tomatoes!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!

greg

• tomstrees
    18 years ago

lol Greg - I'm with you ... But you have to say this HAS been the worst year for officiating ... EVER !!!
    I wanted Pitt to win and had them from the go ...
    but the calls against Seattle were terrible ; which leads me to think the NFL officials will come out with an apology or statement of some kind ; maybe this week ~ Tom