SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dogstarfarmer

Looking for compost - Gardener's beware

dogstarfarmer
14 years ago

Doing a first year market garden located here in Benton, Tn. We've cleared out two honest sources of cow manure but haven't satisfied ourselves yet. We need *well aged* manure or organic compost. None of that mushroom stuff either. I wouldn't want to feed the crops I'll be eating myself with anything that came from someone popping up on this website:

http://www.planethazard.com/phpolluters.aspx?mode=polluters&area=county&state=TN&countyfip=47105

Not gonna go in to the details of the composition. But for starters just know that it has a certain toxicity about it and too much lime anyways...

Trying to do things the right way around here. If you can help me find horse, cattle, chicken, or other manure which hasn't been fed hay that's been sprayed with herbacide/pestacides and hasn't been pumped full of antibiotics please send me a line.

Free beings generally respect other beings. Slave beings generally treat other forms of life like slaves. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I learned that about the time i was in kindergarden. Now that I've graduated to vegetable garden I'll try to stick with what I know, the basics.

Always remember what we put into our garden soil is what we'll be putting in our mouths later. Be it in a slightly transmuted form but you see what I mean, no?

Love to all!

-Garrett

Comments (6)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional