SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

update: obf - march swap - our green garden friends

sandlapper_rose
15 years ago

Please look back at the orginal posting to see the rules for March. Mail out to your swap pal by March 20 - the first day of Spring!

Our Bloomin' Friends is a swap group that requires membership in order to participate. You are welcome to find out more about us. We will be happy to add reliable traders to our group.

Here is who you will send to this month:

Able to send plants:

drgulley will send to sandlapper rose

sandlapper tose will send to fcofill

fcofill will send to diggindirt

diggindirt will send to squanzon

squanzon will send to luckyladyd

luckyladyd will send to veeja

veeja will send to drgulley

Will send seeds:

alwaysagarden will send to debbya

debbya will send to dieg01991

dieg01991 will send to Mellen

Mellen will send to Margaret2007

Margaret2007 will send to Missg

Missg will send to wynative

wynative will send to alwaysagarden

(Note: alwaysagarden can receive plants but because she is sending seeds, I listed her here. You can, however, send a plant if you want.)

Here are Carol's questions. You can continue to guess.

1. I have a statue overlooking my garden what is it ?

2. I have sveral statues and faces of my favorite animal in my gardens what is it any how many do I have ?

3. my no tresspassing sign says violaters will be shot, survivors will be _____ ______?

4. a critter climbs my fence and eats my cat food every night. what is it ?

5. I have a critter key holder in my garden. what is the critter ?

6. I have 9 windchimes

4 are ?

7. 1 is

8.1. is ?

9 1 is ?

Have a great day!

Jeanne

Comments (150)

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

1. rabbit
    2. tomato horn worm
    3. goldfinch
    4. frog

i don't think i'm understanding anything at all about the illegal or legal substance and what that has to do with a critter, but here's my new guesses. am i at least correct on 1, 3 and 4? LOL

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Okey dokey . .
    another try:
    1. rabbit
    2. tobacco horn worm??
    3. chickadee
    4. frog

Dottie

• Related Discussions

New: OBF - March Swap: Our Green Garden Friends

Q

Comments (86)
    Hi All, Not much going one here, just work, cleaning, etc. boring stuff. It will be exciting this week though. I'm going to a beer tasting/education on Tues. I have a web site meeting on Thurs. On Friday I'm going to Gardenscape which is the Rochester garden show I attend every year. It is a really nice one! I will also be working it too for the Rock Garden Society. Dottie, Congrats on the grandson! Lol, about getting over excited about the sprouts. Lettuce, broccoli family plants, and violas are very tough and can handle light freezes when they are babies. So you can take the lids off, but if it is going to dip really low like you said, you will need to re-cap them. Marie, I'm glad to hear of the good news!! Do we all have the wrong address now? lol. Your bloom is gorgeous! 4 years, you are a patient woman. Jeanne, Are those pics of flowers blooming now with your garden critters? If so I'm very jealous! Here's my stab at Carol's questions. 1. I have a statue overlooking my garden what is it ? gargoyle - I have one out front for Gary so I'll guess the same 2. I have several statues and faces of my favorite animal in my gardens what is it any how many do I have ? Wolves 10 3. my no tresspassing sign says violaters will be shot, survivors will be _____ ______? Shot Again 4. a critter climbs my fence and eats my cat food every night. what is it ? Raccoon 5. I have a critter key holder in my garden. what is the critter ? Frog 6. I have 9 windchimes 4 are ? butterflies 7. 1 is wolf 8.1. is ? frog 9 1 is ? abstract Talk to you all later, Remy
    ...See More

update: obf white elephant march swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Hello ladies and happy every Holiday I missed. To those of you who do know me, I am back and mentally back on track (I think). To those of you who don't, well I was I am a member, love everyone here. Went away to do some great mission work and had some very tragic things happen. Many hours of therapy later, and actually returning to the Dominican I think I have healed, I am not bitter, sad, or frightened to leave my house any more. I am able to talk about it and I feel that I can share with postive feelings now. But enough of that. Am I to late for April? Please tell me that I can play in April? Max is 4 and we just looked at Co-op preschool. HE is a mama's boy and didn't want to go to big boy school yet. Maryanne~ I have a box for you that I need to send, but um lost your address.. So Merry Christmas when it comes. Ahh. I just don't know what to say or who to say it to because I am scared I will leave someone out. I tried to read as many posts as my brain can handle, but I am sure that I will need some help. Babies and ornaments, tornados and ahhh.. I am not in Kansas anymore. Please feel free to email me with any personals that you'd love to share. I apologize for being gone so long. If there is anything that you want to know email me. If I need to re-join let me know if there is room. Mayanne_ my big sis.. I hope all is well, miss you and thanks for all your support thru this, even though I was a bad lil sis and became an introvert. But guess what? I am back and better. Missed you all Laura.... beans
    ...See More

UPDATE: obf march 'egg-stra' special swap

Q

Comments (124)
    I just received the best box from Sue. She sent 2 stuffed bunnies and 2 chocolate bunnies for my 2 boys. They love them. Oh and some egg chalk. For me I got 2 dish towels with veggies on them, a ceramic Easter bunny, Lemon Verbena soap, picture frame, 2 paper embosser and a paper punch, blackberry preserves, 2 white spider lily and cream iris and a bunch of seeds. Now for the best part and 2 wooden giraffe statues. These are beautiful and will be a great addition to my collection. Also my eggs are not the normal ones. They are see through and the shell produces a crystal effect when the light shines through them. Once again thank you Sue. I hope I didn't forget anything. Well this concludes this swap. Thanks to everyone!! Heidi
    ...See More

OBF March Swap--All About The Green!

Q

Comments (150)
    Melinda ... THANK YOU ever so much for the wonderful prize package! I just LOVE the sweet note card with the praying mantis on ... the 'this'll BUG me if I forget it note pad - super super cute! love it! and the 'happiness must be grown in ones own garden' note cards - LOVE them! and WOW what a fantastic selection of GREEN seeds! Basil - bush spicy globe, Eggplant - Green Knight Hybrid, Mustard - Florida Broad Leaf and Spinach - Bloomsdale Long Standing ... LOVE all the GREENS! THANK YOU again Melinda for a FUN month and fantastic package.
    ...See More
  • remy_gw
    15 years ago

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DOTTIE : )

Glitter Graphics & Comments

Maryanne,
    You were so close, but #3 was chickadee. I do get tons of goldfinches, but I don't know where they nest.

If the name tobacco hornworm is mentioned anywhere in earshot of Gary during the garden season, he gets hysterical. I swear he breaks out in a sweat, LOL.
    The contest was fun!
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:502513}}

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

congratulations dottie.

remy, i thought finch because the first time i saw one, was in your front yard tree (that subsequently got the axe after a storm???)

fun game. they all were.

have a great night everyone
    maryanne

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Congrats to you Dottie!
    I would have never guessed Tobacco horn worm...yuckie Sure is an evil looking little devil!

Cindy

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hi Deb,
    Just wanted to let you know I mailed your package today.
    0308 2040 001 8333 7864

Cindy : )

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Congratulations, Dottie! I will get a prize out to you soon.
    Remy, thanks for keeping up with this wild contest.

Will "talk" more later. I have to get ready for an appointment.
    Jeanne

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Thanks, guys! That was fun! Remy had us all going with the smoke and devils lingo!

Have to go to work, but I just wanted to check in to see how the contest was going and say hi.

Have a good day, all!

Dottie

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Congrats Dottie!!!

That was really fun, I have seen those creatures around here, was too busy saying woah COOL! to think of them as a threat!

Have a great day everyone!

• mellen
    15 years ago

Congrats Dotty!!! That hornworm has a cute little tail. That was FUN!
    Mary Ellen

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

HI, Ladies-Just want to post that I mailed Gale's box today with the conformation #0305 2710 0003 0563 1226.

Remy. I'm with Gary. Tell him I think he is a very smart man! I wouldn't want any of them around either.

Congratulations, Dottie. I always enjoy all the guesses for the games although I hardly ever try to get them.

Have a great day, all. Blessings, Margaret

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Boy is my computer slow tonight. There must be a ton of people online or something. . .

Thanks for all the congrats notes, everyone! It was a fun contest. So, Jeanne, am I supposed to make up one now? I'm not remembering how this works . . do I send the questions to you, or just post them?

Dottie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dottie, unfortunately we are going to stop with the guessing at this point. I was doing it so there would be something interesting to read while we were waiting for our boxes to get mailed. Now that we are towards the end of the month, I know we will have postings as boxes are mailed and received.
    The guessing seems to have been fun for lots of members so maybe a hostess in one of the months coming up will do this again. Anyway, I am glad everyone had fun!
    It's getting to be bedtime for me so good night for now.
    Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I think this is where we are at with people having sent and received. If I made a mistake, just let me know. This swap is turning out to be lots of fun... of course, they all are!
    Jeanne

Able to send plants:
    sandlapper tose will send to fcofill - Received
    fcofill will send to diggindirt
    diggindirt will send to squanzon - Mailed
    squanzon will send to luckyladyd
    luckyladyd will send to veeja - Mailed

Will send seeds:
    alwaysagarden will send to debbya - Mailed
    Margaret2007 will send to Missg - Mailed

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

I've sent and Dottie received.

I also received my great box from Bev -

Bev, I am so very very happy with the plants you sent..I hope they will be happy here.

Bev sent ghost plant, donkey spurge, lamb's ear, red ice plant and really cool assorted sedums and some great seeds!

She also sent a really cool metal lizard who is sunning himself on my patio.

Thanks Bev - great box!

Sue G.

• Frances Coffill
    15 years ago

Hi Jeanne
    Digginindirt, (Bev) has also recieved her package on Monday

;)

Frances

• diggindirt49
    15 years ago

Sue , You are so welcome!!! I hope everything works for you. I'm in the high desert of New Mexico, so hopefully, everyting will do well in your zone 9. Happy gardening! Bev

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Congrats Dottie! and thankyou for the great box a hosta and two unknowns. I'm sure I will love them. She also adopted a wolf for me. her name is Maya. thankyou Dottie I love my box also included was hand cream and a pr of wolf gloves. brand name not material they were made of. Drgully, I am late your box will go out tomorrow or tuesday at the latest. sorry it just won't stop raining here. happy spring ladies. hugs carol

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I got my prize from Jeanne today. A pkt. of a cool looking larkspur and critter stickers! I love the seeds, and I love using stickers as anyone who has received a pkg. from me knows : )
    Thanks Jeanne!
    Remy

• drgulley
    15 years ago

I wanted to wish everyone a happy first day of Spring. :O)

Things have been really busy here and I haven't posted in quite a while.

Looks like everyone had fun with the game. Congrats Remy & Dottie!

Carol, that is no problem. I apologize I did not see your question on a previous post until today. I am actually running a little late with Jeanne's box as well. It is almost complete though. I am waiting for something I have on order to come in. It's hard to believe today is already the 20th. Where does the time go?

I have another daylily throwing up a scape. It took 3 1/2 weeks for my first daylily of the season to bloom once I saw scapes. I sure hope it doesn't take as long for this one.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Dianne

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Oh Carol! I think your calla lily bulbs came to you moldy! I think that because I ordered some for myself, too and I waited until today to open them and mine were moldy. I'm so sorry! I will send you a replacement very soon. So sorry.
    Dottie

• missg
    15 years ago

Hi Margaret, I received, my package,and it's a lovely package. I can and will put everything to good use. I received A shopping Bay, Toad Rain Gauge, Honey Almond
    Body soap and lotion, Seeds: Bell of Ireland, Mix Flower,
    "I for got the name of the other two package of seeds",
    Bulbs: Caladiums (Blaze),Elephant Ears, (Mammoth), Pruning Shears, Power Clips, Seed Pocket Holders, Sharpie Permanent marker. Once again I like to say thank you.

Wynative, your Package will be on the Tuesday.
    Gale

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just updating who has mailed and received. Thanks for those who posted the corrections that needed to be made.

Able to send plants:
    fcofill will send to diggindirt - Received
    diggindirt will send to squanzon - Received
    squanzon will send to luckyladyd - Received
    luckyladyd will send to veeja - Received

Will send seeds:
    alwaysagarden will send to debbya - Mailed
    Margaret2007 will send to Missg -Received

Jeanne

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

hey everyone.

sounds like some great boxes so far. i'll be posting for april in a few days. i don't have the logo anymore, can someone send it to me, please? i tried to copy it from one of the other posts, but it didn't take.

frances, thanks kindly for the castor beans, i received them in saturday's mail. i had put a branch aside, but i have no clue what happened to it and i've grown accustomed to growing them. i certainly appreciate your kind gesture.

dottie, one time i brought this amazing lot of various bulbs at an auction and then put them aside to plant when the time was right. when i opened them, soe were moldy, some were shriveled and dried and others were bug infested. what a waste. sure hope the company you ordered from is reputable and stands by their product.

i have so many tomato seedlings, remy would be proud LOL hoping they make it to the next stage. and for some crazy reason, all the beans and corn and squash plants that i started are really popping. i don't know why i didn't wait and sow them directly in the ground.

with all the green popping, i noticed today one lone hyacinth in bloom. can't wait for another week or so for the remainder to bloom. i have notice that an entire area has been invaded by a certain squirrel, and he's not going to win this year.

i watched the movie the nanny diaries. i DO NOT recommend it!

was the first day of spring crazy or what? we had freezing temps, rain and some snow. then that all went away and the sun came out blazing. so strange.

so carol/dottie...explain this adopt a wolf thing. sounds interesting. and where is this wolf?

well, it's time to call it a night. survived my first week of work, it was a long and exhausting one. one down, 5 to go!

hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and you have a good week ahead.

be well,
    maryanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Well, Lili got her first goose egg & black eye today! And she's not even 3 months old! Adora tried to pick her up, but dropped her -on the hard kitchen floor! That's how she got the goose egg. Then, Lili was crying (of course!), so Adora tried to make her better by giving her her pacifier, but since Lili was lying on her belly, she couldn't find her mouth....Hence, the black eye. (she was trying REALLY hard to find her mouth!)
    *UGH*
    I can't take the baby out in public for a least a week! There's no telling what people will think!

I hope everyone is having a less exciting day than we are here! :O)

Melissa

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh my, Melissa, I hope Lili is okay. They are so fragile when they are little like that. A hug for all three of you - you, Adora, and Lili.
    It is so pretty here today that I had to spend a little time in the garden. Plants are popping up left and right. Our dogwoods and azaleas are starting to bloom. I checked on my winter sowing jugs and nearly all of the seeds have sprouted. We must have had just the right weather for them this year. Remy, I think the daylily seeds and Sophie's Choice tomato seeds that you sent to me are growing. Definitely sprouts in the jugs that look like they are the right thing.
    I keep trying to remember to pass this along - if you have decorative statues in your gardens and the paint begins to fade, you can repaint them! The paint on my gnomes at one point was fading really bad. I repainted them - I think it was a year ago - and then put that sealing coat on them and they look just like new. I had not tried it before and it worked great.
    Well, on to the next project - time to cook dinner really soon.
    Jeanne

• veeja11
    15 years ago

My box is packed and will fly tomorrow, sorry I am late. Dottie my calla's are not moldy. I love the color, can't wait to see them bloom. Maryanne, my wolf lives at the internation wolf center. you can see her by going to www.wolf.org she is a gray wolf. born may 5th 2004. she is the dominant female in her pack. she is in the exibit pack.
    funny I was owned by a wolf hybrid for years we almost named her maya. Dottie picked a perfect gift for me. thankyou Dottie. Bunny please send Lily to me. hate to think of that precious lil girl with a black eye. anyone have any extra tomato seeds. I don't seem to have any this year. tomatoless in seattle.

• mellen
    15 years ago

Margaret, your box is packed and will go out in tomorrow's-Tuesday's-mail.

Cold, windy, rainy day here. Yuck.
    Mary Ellen

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Hey Carol,
    I have tomato plants to spare! Would you like determinate or indeterminate? They can be on their way tomorrow . . just let me know which you'd like.
    Glad to hear your callas were not moldy. At least half of the ones I ordered for myself were. Maybe I shouldn't have left them near the flourescents with the other plants before I planted them. . . .

Cheers,
    Dottie

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hello ladies!
    I am back from my trip to NC. It was great, nice and relaxing. The weather was so nice and everything was in bloom, just beautiful. Now I'm back to dreary MN and everything is brown and blah. They are even talking snow this weekend...UGH!!! Can I go back to NC? ;-)

Mellen, I had your box all packed up and sitting next to my suitcase on Thursday. I thought my husband put it in the car when he loaded everything up, but he didn't. :-( So, needless to say, I didn't get it mailed out until yesterday. Sorry I'm late!! Hope you like what I sent!

Take care everyone,
    Amy A-z

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I'm shipping my package out tomorrow, sorry for the delay in shipping. I've had so much going on lately. My favorite pet parrot died on Friday. He wasn't sick, and was talking so much on thursday, plus eating too. I have no idea why he died, other than his age. I purchased him from a pet shop, and took a chance purchasing him without knowing his age. Also, on Sunday (night) one of our cars were stolen out of our driveway! We have no idea how they took the car without making any noise! We have 2 dogs that LOVE to bark at everything, but not this time! I've never heard of anything happening like this before in our neighborhood. The car was a honda civic, it was in between a new Chevy Trail blazer and a Hyundai, why would they go for the civic and not the blazer? The blazer was last in the driveway, my Son thinks that they used a special device (something like rollers) under the car to move it out. He noticed marks in our grass. I still can't belive someone could steal a car that was sandwhiched in between two other cars!

Deb

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Debbie, so sorry for your losses, especially the living one, they are like our children. dottie I belive I want determinate tomatoes and will happily pay postage. Debbie your box flew today, I had to amend your box, I had you mixed up with someone else. luckily I caught it before I mailed the pkg. happy spring to all carol

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Jeanne, Your package went out yesterday and it's on the way. You should be receiving really soon.

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your parrot. I lost one of my pond goldfish today that I have had almost two years. He was about 9 inches and had beautiful long flowing fins. I know it's silly to get that attached to a fish but I had him for 2 years and I got used to seeing him every day.

Amy, glad to hear you had a nice trip to NC. Hopefully your weather will get nice soon!

Maryanne, sounds like you have been having up and down temps as well. Hopefully spring is here now for good. It has been raining most of the day here. The plants will love it.

Melissa, I hope Lili is feeling better. Poor baby.

Dianne

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I've been so busy! I got all my tomato seeds planted yesterday. I'm glad that is done!

Deb,
    I'm so sorry your parrot died. They really become part of the family, and I know how much you love your animals. I've had birds look fine one day and die the next. It is so odd.
    That is really weird about the Honda. If you asked me to guess which one would get stolen, I would of picked the Trail Blazer.

Amy,
    I'm glad to hear you had a nice trip. Don't mention the "S" word! I haven't seen any in awhile and hope you don't either.

Jeanne,
    So great to hear about the seeds! It will be nice to see what the daylily looks like. I know that will be next year, but I'll be expecting a pic, lol.

Melissa,
    Poor baby! Thank goodness she is ok. Poor Adora too. She probably feels so guilty.

Maryanne,
    I wrote an email to you a few days back, and my computer froze up and I lost it! I forgot about sending you a new one. Anyway, it mostly said Thank You : )
    I thought of you yesterday morning. I went to the volunteers meeting at the Botanical Garden. We had a meet and greet with the new director. He is David Daehnke, the Garden Guru. he was running a place in New Jersey, but he mentioned the Philadelphia area, but . I can't remember what job he had there, or maybe he lived there, lol,I can't remember.He sort of went through his resume quick, but I though of you.
    I'm proud of you for all the tomato seedlings, not so sure about that corn though, lol. Start hoping for warm weather!

Carol,
    I'm glad to see Dottie has got you covered.
    I though of you the other day. I was behind a car with a Washington license plate and it was from a Renton(the town where Carol used to live) dealership.

Shirley,
    I was also thinking of you. I hope you are ok with your mom and all.

Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• luckyladyd
    15 years ago

Jeanne, Thank you for the lovely prize! It's very pretty and I will use the stickers, too. I had forgotten all about winning it and had a nice surprise in the mailbox today when I got home.

Debbie, I'm so sorry about your pet. It sounds like he was happy and well right up to the end. I hope you can take some comfort believing that he probably didn't experience fear or pain. And the whole car thing! That's amazing. It reminds me of years ago when I had a boyfriend who had a new Cadillac. He parked it in front of his house on the street and went outside to find it gone from the parking place one night. Looking up and down the block, he spotted his car in the middle of the road several houses down. It had been stolen, but had run out of gas! (He was famous for running the tank down to the "E"!) That was one time it paid off!

Carol, I sent you a few tomato plants this morning before I read your answer to the determinate question - so I just mixed them. I think perhaps only one I sent is indeterminate. I also sent some seeds. Enjoy!

It's very cold here tonight, too. Supposed to be 28. I thought we were heading into nicer weather than that!

Dottie

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

hi everyone.

deb, according to the national insurance crime bureau, honda civics are among the highest stolen vehicles. the other two aren't even on the radar of thieves. not that that's any consolation, but it's just a fact. so sorry to hear about your bird, i know how much he meant to you, if it's the same one you used to post about.

carol, once my seedling take, i'll have plenty of plants to share if you need/want more. just say so.

remy, you're welcome....not sure for what, but you're welcome LOL

well, i'm 7 days into the job. tomorrow is payday. one positive thing. it's tough, even though this assignment is for a limited time, to sit around dissatisfied, unhappy, disgruntled people all day. then i have to come home to the miserables here and sometimes these two are to much to handle. what was i thinking?

diane, welcome back. so what did you do in nc?

shirley, how are you? where are you?

oh my goodness, melissa. poor lili and adora. i hope by now everyone is doing a little better.

mellen, how's the leg healing, you getting around alright?

can you believe this month is almost over? dang, does time go fast.

i'll be posting for april in the next few days, still working on some thoughts/ideas.

it's so nice to see some things flowering. i actually passed a house the other day and all the daffs were in bloom out front. forsythia is just starting. i'm missing vital hours of doing what i need to do outside!!!!!

weather went back to cold and wintery. i think by the weekend, it's supposed to warm up.

hope everyone is doing well.
    maryanne

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Maryanne,
    so glad to hear your getting your first paycheck at your new job. You don't sound too happy there so I hope something alot better comes your way soon.

Deb,
    So sorry to hear about your parrot. Breaks your heart when a pet dies.
    What a strange situation with your Civic being stolen like that! This month sounds like it has been a rough one for you.
    Was wondering if you recieved your package yet.

Melissa,
    Hope Lili's goose egg is healing well... poor little girl!

So glad Spring is finally here. Been doing alot of weeding and it has been pretty easy since we have had so much rain lately. Ground up here before amending it is red clay so it tends to dry up quickly.

Take care all,
    Cindy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dianne,
    I received my package from you today and thank you so much! I love the statue of the gnome for my garden. I'll try to take a picture and post it - we are having another day with rain today.
    Dianne also sent me a card, Easter candy, Elephant Ears, garden gloves, Johnny Jump Up seeds, and a Black Gamecock Iris. I am especially excited about the iris. Our local college football team is the Gamecocks and the school colors are garnet and black so that has been on my wish list for awhile now. Hopefully I can get it growing really well and share it with my younger daughter and son-in-law. They are big Gamecock fans.
    Anyway, thank you so much. It was a wonderful package.
    Jeanne

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    I received Cindy's package today, in it was~
    Cute yellow/blue decorative birdhouse, hand made seed envies (I need seed envies so bad), suet block (birds will devour this in an afternoon), miscellaneous seeds- Marigolds, Sunflower, Morning glory, Cleome, Zinnia, Bachelor button, Cosmos (can't wait to plant these ASAP), 3 glad bulbs, and 3 ADORABLE little ladybugs (I LOVE LADYBUGS and never put that in my GW info)!

Cindy,
    Thank you so much for such a great package, I love everything you sent!

The DC# for my package for Amy is- 0307 0020 0003 4319 2503.

Deb

• mellen
    15 years ago

Amy, I wanted to let you know that the AWESOME box from you came today. I will post later. Also, Margaret received her box from me and will post later, too. Headed to bed.
    Mary Ellen

• alwaysagarden
    15 years ago

Hi Deb,
    Oh so glad you liked what I sent you!

Has anyone heard from wynative? I don't see her posting so was wondering if all is well with her. Thanks for any info.

Take care everyone,
    Cindy : )

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Trying to update the mailed and received list once again.

Able to send plants:
    drgulley will send to sandlapper rose - Received

Will send seeds:
    alwaysagarden will send to debbya - Received
    dieg01991 will send to Mellen - Received

Maryanne, did someone send you the logo or do you still need it? You are right, the month is almost over. I can't believe we are already this far into 2009!
    Deb, I am so sorry to hear about your parrot. Also, that is so unbelievable about your car being stolen. You need hugs and a break from all the bad things that have been happening. Hope you have turned the corner for good times now.
    Cindy, I heard from Marie in another group and she had a bad Spring snowstorm. It sounded like a lot going on with her, but she was fine.

I wonder if some of our members who have not stopped in for awhile might come back once we get into the gardening season. Come to see us, ladies. We miss you! (Of course, gardening season is here in SC - everyday there is something new popping up from the soil or something new blooming. Once the rain stops I will take some pictures.)

Jeanne

• drgulley
    15 years ago

I received a wonderful box today from Carol. Thank you Carol!!!! The box was packed full of stuff. This is what I received.

Heirloom Roses Catalog - I have never seen this catalog - can't wait to look at all of the pretty roses.
    Peony & Glad bulbs - love them!
    Chinese Forget Ne Not, Bachelor Buttons, Blue Flax and Blackberry Seeds -can't wait to get these planted.
    Very cute frog decoration.
    Monthly planner - will definitely use this
    Lori Goldston daylily - love it
    Windsock with a hummingbird and flower on it - I am hanging this in my backyard by the pond
    Cute garden marker
    Pomegranate bath fizzy, lotion and shower gel

Thanks again Carol. I love everything you sent! :O)

Glad to hear you liked your box Jeanne. I hope the gnome made it there in one piece. I tryed to wrap it up good. I hope your iris blooms for you this year.

Dianne

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies-I received my box from Mary Ellen (mellen) yesterday & wanted to list all the great gifts received when I had the time to take it all in & didn't want to miss anything she sent.

First, I love camels & sheep. Wherever & whenever I shop I always look for these items. I can find the sheep quite a bit but camels are almost impossible to find. This great lady found a magnet & a key chain with a camel on them. Also sent a sheet of stickers with I (red heart)camels on them. I was so pleased with each of these & can hardly believe she found them. I love them!! Now for the rest of the contents: a large hershey candy bar which my DH & I enjoyed tonight while watching Wheel of Fortune. With my love for chocolate it was quite a feat for me to share!, a darling inspirational Wind Chime, a Finch Feeder Magic Thistle Sock which the birds will enjoy,(I do intend to put thistle seed in it so they will enjoy more than the sock) character plant ties with frogs on them,(darling),a magnetic shopping pad, garden marking pen for outdoor use, (maybe this one will last on my WS markers),Turtle Sundae & Cinn Ful Nut coffee, a votive holder with my initial on it & lovely scented candle, lavender Hand Sanitizer, bath soap gel, & the following seeds: Cosmos(cosmic orange), Cosmos "Daydream", Nemesia,"Masquerade",Achillea "Summer", Sweet Pea (Lavender Flush, Pink Hyacinth Bean Vine, dark purple Delphinium, Delphinium, "Magic Fountains", Blue & Lilac-Pink, Giant Fuchsia Foxglove, Knautia (pastel), Dicentra,(I will be looking this one up) & Ornamental Cucumber. I hope I haven't missed anything. I am sure much thought was put into all the things sent as most were on my list of wants.
    It was such fun seeing each thing that was sent & Mary, I thank you soooo much! You made this RR so very special for me & I do so appreciate it.

Sounds like all the boxes being received are just great & it has be a delightful RR, reading all the posts & getting to know each of you a little better.

Margaret (Thanks Mariann, for the tag)

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, happy Friday!!
    Deb, I'm so sorry to hear about your parrot!!! The same thing happened with a cat of mine a few years back. I have no idea why he died. He was happy and healthy in the morning, and gone by the time I got home that evening. It was SOOO devastating and it took me a really long time to accept it!!! My thoughts are with you during this difficult time and I hope that you will find your inner peace.

Dianne, I don't think it's silly to feel bad about losing your goldfish. I had 3 that were getting really big after having them in my pond for 3 years. I lost them this year and I cried, I felt like a little kid. My husband is so understanding! :-) My pond heater was not working very well this year and it was a very cold winter. I don't know if it just got so cold that they ran out of air, or froze or what. Poor things.

Dottie, that story about your old boyfriend's car is hilarious. I used to run my tank down to E and my dad always nagged me about it. Now I can tell him this story! lol!

I am so excited for the April exchange, I will finally be able to do plants this time!!!! Woohoo!! I walked around the gardens on Sunday and there are so many things that are popping up, it really gave me Spring fever bad. But, it got cold again here and it's been snowing a little. It looks like we'll stay in this cold snap for a few more weeks, yuck. I am so sick of this freezing weather!

Sounds like everyone is getting some really great boxes (as usual). This is so much fun!!
    Amy A-z

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dianne,
    Oh yes, you had very carefully packed the gnome and he did just fine. It stopped raining long enough today that I placed him near my daffodils and pansies and took his picture. For the others, although you can't see it, there is even a little ladybug on his shovel. He is adorable.
    Here he is!

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

great gnome, dianne and jeanne. i love it!!!! and jeanne, i can see the ladybug.

april's swap has been posted.

• wynative
    15 years ago

Hi all!

I am sorry that I have been MIA!! I haven't had any time to do anything that I wanted to in the last 7 weeks :(

I moved to a new house, filed for divorce, started a new job, had a pipe break causing a flooded basement, in the middle of a 12 day stretch at work, had a 4 day blizzard - took 1/2 days to dig out, another one is on the way and I am just waiting for the next thing to happen.....

Calgon - take me away!

Jeanne,

Gail emailed me and said she would get back to you - did she? Please send me an email to let me know what I need to do to make this month right :)

Thanks,
    Marie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here we go once again. Those who could receive plants have all received. How about that! We were eager to get started on the swaps with plants!!!
    Please let me know the status on the others that are not marked received. Marie, I have not received an e-mail from Gale. Gale, if you sent one, please send it again.

Here's ouir list for March
    Able to send plants:
    drgulley will send to sandlapper rose - Received
    veeja will send to drgulley - Received

Will send seeds:
    alwaysagarden will send to debbya - Received
    dieg01991 will send to Mellen - Received
    Mellen will send to Margaret2007 - Received

I think the three that I show as not having been received may be on their way in the mail. Anyway, let me know once they are received and I will close out this swap. It has been fun!
    Jeanne

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Marie,
    My goodness, you've had some stuff going on! I knew you need to and found a new job. Plus I knew about finding the new house, but I didn't know about the divorce. I'm sorry to hear that, even being the right decision for your life, I'm sure it has been very difficult.
    Sorry about the pipe and the snow storm too! Spring is coming though : )

Jeanne,
    That's a cute gnome. I did find the ladybug!

Dottie,
    That was funny about the car.

Ok, got to go check the other post,
    Remy

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company