SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dizzydaffodil

UPDATE: part 3 :obf ** march swap** butterflies & flutterbies

dizzydaffodil
17 years ago

This is part 3 of the March Swap!

March is in honor of: Learn about Butterflies day March 14th.

Why hold a butterfly day in March? ItÂs a good time to plan and plant that new flower bed or butterfly garden. Learn how to attract them to your yard. You can do this by planting flowers that they like. As you look to attract butterflies, look for flowers with lots of nectar. Also, look for flowers whose blooms offer a suitable place for a butterfly to land and rest while feeding. There are also certain plants which make suitable nesting

places for butterflies.

And since hummingbirds are "flutterbies" weÂll celebrate them as well!

So for March, letÂs find plants, seeds or other items for our partner which will help them attract these busy little critters to their yards, or just celebrate their beauty!

And seeing the 3rd week of March is national Chocolate week, we mustnÂt let that pass without celebration!

Days to notice - 19th - National Chocolate Caramel Day, 24th - National Chocolate-Covered Raisin Day!

And just to keep things interesting, letÂs include Extraterrestrial Abductions Day, on March 20th!

Our guidelines for March: We want to keep our swap box at $20 - Try to have your box mailed no later than March 23rd so everyone gets their box in March!

Here's what I have so far:

AMYBABYBOY - Sends to - Susie skholer

Beth_B_Kodiak - Sends to - Amy AMYBABYBOY

Debbya - Sends to - Annie RaggedyAnn (rec'd)

DizzyD - Sends to - zabecc Elizabeth (sent)

Giverny4me - Sends to - Debbya Deb (rec'd)

Klickitat - Sends to - Dizzy Susann (rec'd)

LIL_GREEN_THUMB/KIM - Sends to - Veeja11 Carol

Micke - Sends to - GiverNY4me Susan

RaggedyAnn - Sends to - Beth Beth B Kodiak (sent)

Sguanzon - Sends to - Lil_Green_thumb Kim (sent)

Skholer - Sends to - Klickitat Jules (rec'd)

Veeja11 - Sends to - Sguanzon SueG

zabecc - Sends to - Tina M&M mmqchdygg BIRTHDAY GIRL!

mmqchdygg - Sends to - Micke Michelle

Keep watching for more fun contests!!!!!!

Our Bloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and have had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja11/carol

Comments (104)

• zabecc
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Dizz... how about these for favorite host plants?
    (most butterflies are named for their favorite host plant, or so I read)

MONARCHS love MILKWEED the most
    BLACK SWALLOWTAIL love FENNEL the most
    CLOUDLESS SULPHUR love SENNA the most
    GIANT SWALLOWTAIL love HOP TREE the most
    ZEBRA SWALLOWTAIL love PAWPAW the most
    ORANGE SULPHUR love ALFALFA the most
    PIPE VINE SWALLOWTAIL love PIPE VINE the most
    SPICEBUSH SWALLOWTAIL love SPICEBUSH the most
    RED SPOTTED PURPLE love WILLOW the most
    ZEBRA LONGWING love PASSIONFLOWER the most
    TAWNY EMPEROR love HACKBERRY the most
    RED ADMIRAL love NETTLE the most
    ORANGE TIP love MUSTARD the most
    PECK'S SLIPPER love GRASSES the most
    PEARL CRESCENT love ASTER the most
    NORTHERN CLOUDLYWING love LEGUMES the most
    MILBERT'S TORTOISESHELL love NETTLE the most
    FRITILLARIES love VIOLET the most
    FIERY SKIPPER love GRASSES the most
    LEAST SKIPPER love GRASSES the most
    LITTLE WOOD SATYR love GRASSES the most
    CHECKERED WHITE love MUSTARD the most
    CHECKERED SKIPPER love HOLLYHOCK the most
    GORGONE CHECKERSPOT love SUNFLOWERS the most
    WOOD NYMPH love GRASSES the most

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

klick-

Gilbert H. Wild has the daylilies, and Dollar Plants has perennials.

Gilbert Wild is a good 'starter' place for DL lovers, so I'm told. Fans are smaller than you'd receive directly from a hybridizer, but a good buy, nonetheless. I shopped in the 'Hobbyist' section for the better deals, but if you don't see a picture, use the search box because they have the same DL listed in several places on the site, and at different prices. Several different sales going on. The Hobbyist section doesn't have many pictures, but seems to have the best sale prices.

Dollarplants.com is a decent buy for your buck. Plants ARE small, but they did well last year for me. Make sure you have them ship as soon as you can possibly get them, as I waited til Mid-May last year here in Z5 for shipping, and several items were cramped into the flower-box that they use for shipping. I bumped my ship-time up to a month earlier this year so my plants aren't squashed in shipping.

• Related Discussions

New: OBF - March Swap: Our Green Garden Friends

Q

Comments (86)
    Hi All, Not much going one here, just work, cleaning, etc. boring stuff. It will be exciting this week though. I'm going to a beer tasting/education on Tues. I have a web site meeting on Thurs. On Friday I'm going to Gardenscape which is the Rochester garden show I attend every year. It is a really nice one! I will also be working it too for the Rock Garden Society. Dottie, Congrats on the grandson! Lol, about getting over excited about the sprouts. Lettuce, broccoli family plants, and violas are very tough and can handle light freezes when they are babies. So you can take the lids off, but if it is going to dip really low like you said, you will need to re-cap them. Marie, I'm glad to hear of the good news!! Do we all have the wrong address now? lol. Your bloom is gorgeous! 4 years, you are a patient woman. Jeanne, Are those pics of flowers blooming now with your garden critters? If so I'm very jealous! Here's my stab at Carol's questions. 1. I have a statue overlooking my garden what is it ? gargoyle - I have one out front for Gary so I'll guess the same 2. I have several statues and faces of my favorite animal in my gardens what is it any how many do I have ? Wolves 10 3. my no tresspassing sign says violaters will be shot, survivors will be _____ ______? Shot Again 4. a critter climbs my fence and eats my cat food every night. what is it ? Raccoon 5. I have a critter key holder in my garden. what is the critter ? Frog 6. I have 9 windchimes 4 are ? butterflies 7. 1 is wolf 8.1. is ? frog 9 1 is ? abstract Talk to you all later, Remy
    ...See More

UPDATE: part two :obf ** march swap** butterflies & flutte

Q

Comments (150)
    good morning everyone. dizz, thos colored chickens are too cute. strange, but... remy, the show sounds wonderful. i by-passed the philadelphia show this year, it's getting too big and too vendorized and not enough for the home gardener anymore. i like the smaller venues. sad about the batteries, but i know that feeling. i love delph's - i don't grow enough of them, need to add more. we are having sleet/snow/hail today. for the last two days, you didn't need a jacket and short sleeves were had by most! i did a little clean up and got some areas ready for plants that i have and now today - just nuts! we do a easter egg hunt at church, but use those plastic guys filled with jelly beans. (every year the same sour sap protests the jelly beans because they can become lodged in a kid's throat - every year no one has a problem and every year sh'e shot down). we must stuff a few thousand eggs. we have a little party and always a clown or a magician. it's so much fun for the kids. never fails too, the weather is always iffy. only once in the last 10 years we had to do it inside. dizz, i looked up a few of them, but not sure what you are looking for. tough contests! off to do some baking. my mom's birthday celebration this weekend. be well maryanne
    ...See More

update: obf white elephant march swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Hello ladies and happy every Holiday I missed. To those of you who do know me, I am back and mentally back on track (I think). To those of you who don't, well I was I am a member, love everyone here. Went away to do some great mission work and had some very tragic things happen. Many hours of therapy later, and actually returning to the Dominican I think I have healed, I am not bitter, sad, or frightened to leave my house any more. I am able to talk about it and I feel that I can share with postive feelings now. But enough of that. Am I to late for April? Please tell me that I can play in April? Max is 4 and we just looked at Co-op preschool. HE is a mama's boy and didn't want to go to big boy school yet. Maryanne~ I have a box for you that I need to send, but um lost your address.. So Merry Christmas when it comes. Ahh. I just don't know what to say or who to say it to because I am scared I will leave someone out. I tried to read as many posts as my brain can handle, but I am sure that I will need some help. Babies and ornaments, tornados and ahhh.. I am not in Kansas anymore. Please feel free to email me with any personals that you'd love to share. I apologize for being gone so long. If there is anything that you want to know email me. If I need to re-join let me know if there is room. Mayanne_ my big sis.. I hope all is well, miss you and thanks for all your support thru this, even though I was a bad lil sis and became an introvert. But guess what? I am back and better. Missed you all Laura.... beans
    ...See More

OBF March Matches swap

Q

Comments (182)
    Ruth, You sent Echinacea green twister, I am sorry. I love them. I was trying to get all my Thank you's done and mixed them up. Thank you so much I can't wait to see them bloom! Take care, Amy
    ...See More
  • earthlydelights
    17 years ago

beth b or anyone else familiar with maryland - i need some information, please. the area is brooklandville md - specifically the castle at maryvale. i really just need to know some towns surrounding brooklandville so we can look into some hotels. my niece is getting married and found only one hotel and believe me - no good rate for everyone that will be making a weekend out of this.

thanks
    maryanne

ps - hope everyone is well :-)

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Evening All,

I just returned home, I was with my niece yesterday when she had her hysterectomy. Her mother/my sister who passed away in 1999 would have haunted me if I was not with her. She has been having trouble the last 6 months and her OBGYN thought it would be best to do it.

Beth, thanks for the compliment and feel the same about you. Im glad you liked your package, and I will give you a heads up when I send your hosta package.

Dizzy you have done a fantastic job of hosting this month and have made it fun for all.

It was nice out today with temps in the 70s and raining, but my hosta will love the moisture.

I will check in later, time for a nice hot shower and a good cup of coffee.

I hope I didnt miss anyone
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Let's see, you already won the marker set, so - we still have veeja11 & Giverny4me who haven't received a prize - what would you like to send to who? Choices are - Woman's Day Gardening & Deck design magazine, 12 pak of color sharpie markers, 70 pc travel 1st aid kit, Aureomarginata Hosta start!!

I hope everyone has been having a good time - sure looks like some great boxes - Mine sure was!!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Maryanne, I have not been up that way in years. Last time I stayed at HuntValley CC but my employer selected and paid for the place. There must be some Super 8's or Best Western or something of that sort within 15 or 20 miles. That area has built up so much now that it is not the beautiful open farm country that I remember. Everything around Baltimore is high but check Timonium. that is easy to get to.
    The Castle is beautiful and sounds like a lovely spot for a wedding.

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Yowsa! Got my box from Elizabeth/ZABECC yesterday! What a great selection of useful items! Thank you so much!

Note pad & Thank you cards!
    Seeds & new pretty packets to use (and a GREAT box, too! Was that one of the handmade items? Excellent!)
    Butterfly window planter
    Hummingbird feeder & food
    Plumeria Lotions & body wash (my favorite, actually- how'd you know?!)
    2-year calendar/planner
    Peat pots
    Racecar scrubbie-sponge
    New Gloves!
    Chocolate Bunnies!
    Plant markers
    Candle with a pretty votive holder
    Lovely schmelly sachet
    handy-dandy reference lists for Hummers & B-Flies

Thank you, Elizabeth!

• zabecc
    17 years ago

mmqchdygg: Yay, I'm so glad you liked the package. Yes, the homemade items were the seed packets, the plant markers and the box. It actually took me a while to make that box for you because I wanted to put only daylilies on it (since they're your favorite) and I had a hard time finding enough pics of them, haha. And the plumeria... that was just luck... but I'm seriously SO happy that you enjoy everything!

dizz: Did you like my list? hehe :) Why don't you send the package to Giverny... and let her pick whatever she wants :)

• zabecc
    17 years ago

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got my replacement package for February's swap!! Thank you so much Susie... that was TOO nice of you!
    It wad some wonderful galdiolus and iris bulbs, a garden flag, some recipe cards, gardening gloves, two gardening magazines (!), a very thoughtful binder handmade by susie to keep track of my plants, and a hosta plant!! Which I'm afraid might die cause our ground is till frozen! Can I just plant it and keep it inside until the last frost passes?
    Thanks again Susie!!
    -Elizabeth

• skohler
    17 years ago

Your welcome

your Hosta will be just fine in a cool place & watering now and again :) maybe put in a pot with dirt till you can dig in the ground .
    It should do fine :)) just happy it arrived safly.

happy gardening ladies
    susie

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

SUSIE, I AM SENDING YOUR PACKAGE OUT TOMORROW AND WILL SEND SEEDS AS SOON AS THEY ARRIVE. I ORDERED SOME FROM SPECIALTY PERENNIALS FROM YOUR WISH LIST. THEY MUST BE SUPER SLOW IN SHIPPING. DIZZY, I AM ALSO SENDING YOUR HOSTESS GIFT OUT TOMORROW. TAKE CARE, AMY

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I didn't win anything this month, oh well, glad the rest of ya did, great job dizzy. I am late on your hostess gift but it will go out soon, I am getting my house ready to sell, lots of work, back is sore. hugs carol

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received a wonderful box from zabecc today!! The cutest little daffodil & butterfly box, daffodil notepad, hello kitty tissues, a sachet of good smelly stuff, seed packets & PLANT MARKERS!! Elizabeth, thank you - I've been trying to decide what to use in the new beds I have going as they will have some things I would like to be able to easily id the cultivar!! This was such a nice surprise, I REALLY appreciate it!

Carol, we are not done with March yet! You still have time to play and win a special "Dizzy treat". Gotta play!

This has been SO MUCH fun!!! I sure hope you all are having as good a time as I have been! Amy, you are still under the wire - our send by date is the 23rd (tomorrow), so you've got just enough time. You can always send Susie a "gift certificate" for the seeds. ;)
    Has anyone heard from Kimberly since she posted on the 19th?

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

1. What is the Greek meaning of "Hemerocallis"?
    2. From approximately __ species of daylilies over 45,000 varieties of daylily hybrids have been developed.
    3. Give 2 common names for Hemerocallis fulva.
    4. Name the nocturnal bloomer of hemerocallis?

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

OK I will take a crack at this..
    1.Daylilies belong to the genus Hemerocallis. Hemerocallis is a Greek word, hemera; meaning day and kallos; meaning beauty. Hence the term "beauty for a day."
    2.There are over thirty-five thousand named and registered daylilies
    3.Hemerocallis fulva Tiger Lily, Ditch Lily
    4.H. citrina

Am I right?huh?...huh?...huh?...LOL

Nancy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Ahhh I need to change one of my answers in the quiz
    2.should be 20 species!!!

And the crowd goes wild!!!...I hope anyway : ))

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Congrats Nancy!! As you changed your answer to 20 - YOU WIN!!! Can y'all believe that?! All the different daylillies we have today came from about 20 !!!
    And Nancy, who would you like the prize for this one to go to???? Huh, huh, huh? LOL!!!
    Winner has a choice of: BH&G Country Garden magazine, 70 pc 1st aid kit, Catherine Woodbury daylily, Dearly Depotted plant sitter, butterfly plant sitter, Auremarginata hosta. Let me know!

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

I just saw the Promo stuff on the usps website as I was checking to see if my pkg to Michelle had gotten very far yet...
    It seems the USPS is putting out R2D2 mailboxes next Weds.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Woo Hoo...Dizzy,I had trouble sleeping last night so I checked the forum and saw the quiz and the rest is history.I must think better when I am dead tired and can't sleep! LOL I learned all sorts of things I never did about daylillies before.Makes me love them even more : ) I won twice already(so hard for me to believe) so send the prize to someone who hasn't received one this month.Just put the names in a cup..close your eyes..and pick one..LOL : )
    Well its going to be another nice weather day here today so I am off to plant my peas...right after another cup of coffee.
    Have a Great Day Ladies : )
    Nancy

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Yes, that would be correct. Pea comes after coffee.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

LOL Now thats funny!! I never even gave that a thought..I guess it does at that.hee hee Ok now I will be giggling the rest of the day.: )

• mellen
    17 years ago

1 pee, 2 pees, 3 pees, 4 pees...Nancy, how many? Lol Couldn't resist. Mellen who has come out of her cave.

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

- your choice - compliments of Nancy!!!
    Choice of: BH&G Country Garden magazine, 70 pc 1st aid kit, Catherine Woodbury daylily, Dearly Depotted plant sitter, butterfly plant sitter, Auremarginata hosta
    Let me know!

Hey mellen, what'cha been up to? Guess how many pees "depends" on how much coffee! LOL!

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

- your choice - compliments of Nancy!!!
    Choice of: BH&G Country Garden magazine, 70 pc 1st aid kit, Catherine Woodbury daylily, Dearly Depotted plant sitter, butterfly plant sitter, Auremarginata hosta
    Let me know!

Hey mellen, what'cha been up to? Guess how many pees "depends" on how much coffee! LOL!

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oooops!

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Sue Skohler, your package went out today conf# 0305271000115768051. Guess what, right when I got home the seeds came in the mail. It figures right! I will send them also, I know they are some you are looking for. Take care, Amy

Dizzy, your hostess gift is on the way! Have a wonderful weekend. Amy

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Thankyou Nancy and dizzy the hosta sounds good,Diene, sorry if I sounded blunt, it seems that you meet our qualifications, if you e-mail me so I can send you our rules and see if you agree to them you can be one of us. I need an e-mail so I have an addy to send rules to,sorry if I seemed blunt. hugs carol

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    I hope everyone's been well! I haven't posted in like over a week. I see lots of great contests have happened. Susann, you are crazy to do them all, good crazy that is : )
    I had a very interesting day today. I went to the local garden show. The flowers aren't as nice as the one an hour away that I went to last week, but it is still nice. The hardscape is better at the local show, weird. I talked to a few people at the show and I got info from a couple invisible dog fence places. I think that maybe the best thing for Sammie. Anyone know anyone who has a system?
    When I leave the show, I think I must stop at the mechanic's on the way home because the truck started to make a weird noise a couple days ago. Well, I'm on the thruway along the river with the high wall side and the truck starts to die! There is like just enough room on the side next to the wall for the truck to park. Thankfully, I did get pulled over and parked ok. I didn't have my cell phone so I had to sit there. I did make a sign on with my lipstick, lol, that said "Please call 911". Well a female trooper was going the other way and yelled over traffic to me. I told her I need help and she called the tow truck. So I was there for about an hour, but at least it was beautiful out today. If it was still freezing out, I don't know what I would of done. When we got to the mechanic's, he was pretty funny coming out to greet me wanting to know what the special occasion was, lol. I told him what happened and he knew right away. The timing some thing or other went : ( So I'm truckless for a few days.
    Of course I was very late getting home. So we ordered Chinese. I went to pick it up and what is on the door of the restaurant? A decoration of a festive pig!
    Maryanne,
    Gung Hay Fat Choy!! lol.

Oh, and my Grandma was suppose to go home tomorrow, but she is going on Monday. She is still pretty unsure of herself and my brother who she lives with is in Florida until Sunday so that is why she is staying a couple extra days. But all in all she is doing good.
    Ok, I got to go check out the new month's swap,
    Remy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Oh Carol, Moving is such a bummer. It will sure mess up your gardening too. Well, best of luck with all that
    We have had a few days this week that actually felt like spring. So much to do here it makes my head spin. A new yard/garden the size of this one, especially one that has been an overgrown jungle for years is quite a task for one old lady.OK Carol,my back hurts too. Lets have tea and relax a while.
    Diene is terrific and will be a great addition to this group. Has someone offered to sponsor her yet?
    Bethb

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone! Long time no post, lol. Weather is absolutely beautiful, butterflies and birds out in force today.

Micke, I received your box yesterday, Micke sent some beautiful gladiolus 'Harmony' a dark pink color with a touch of yellow at the throat, will be beautiful in my hibiscus bed, a lovely beige shawl/scarf, a bronze butterly wind chime, a cute straw springtime purse with a butterfly on it! Inside the purse were seeds--achillea, milkweed, aster, coneflower purple and white swan, rose campion, salvia, snowball marigold,columbine and lupine! And the best was a beautiful picture of a butterfly colored by Coleton! Yea! Thanks so much for this box Micke, and tell Coleton I love my picture. I hope to see you around GW, don't forget us now....

Susann thanks for hostessing, I mailed your pkg. on Friday.
    Hope you all can get out and garden soon if not today..../Susan-Giverny

• skohler
    17 years ago

Amy that is how it aways goes after all the wait & I would not have minded. if you had waited till monday:)
    but I will be on the watch :) thank you .

weather is still very nice but cool out today to wet from the rains last night but the sun is bright.
    my 100 some tulips are up about 2-3 inches & they say chance of snow next week:( my crocus are just popping out also .

carol are you looking for more land or bigger home ???
    country or town ???

well dj things he wants to go out so will take him to the deck :)
    chat later
    susie

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you Micke!! I got such a neat hostess box from Michelle today! There's a small wooden birdhouse, a butterfly "welcome" windchime and gardening gloves with butterflies all over them AND lilac seed and fushcia rose of sharon!!! Thank you Michelle, this was a lovely surprise!

Giverny4me -Susan, you need to read up - you were awarded a contest prize courtesy of zabecc but I need to know what to send you!!!!!!!
    Carol, your hosta will go out Monday. Sorry, just couldn't get it done before the mail ran this morning.

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Nah Remy, not crazy, just Dizzy! LOL! Sorry you had vehicle trouble, but glad you got help okay.

Carol, where ya movin to?

It was great outside Saturday & supposed to be 69 today. wooo-hooo!! DH & I worked our butts off, stained the front fencing & got our new shade bed almost complete - it's 24" x 22' right along a front fence - lot of work digging out & getting the grass out of there. He wants to get the little walkway lights installed before we do any planting, but we got it completely amended with peat moss & perlite & it's ready to finish. Still have to be careful what I put out as it's still wintery here - going down to 17 next week. Brrr! And we got a good start on another bed at the side of the house - it'll be mostly sunny. We'll have 2 there about 24" wide, this first one is 18 feet & the second will be 24 feet.
    Couldn't sleep and have so much to get done today - more gardening, some HD shopping (garden goodies!!) and have a baby shower for a friend to attend as well. At 39-40 & single again, I would have been horrified to find myself expecting, but she seems happy about it - her 2 older girls are 13 & 15. Heck, I barely have enough stamina to keep up with DH's grands when we get to see them, much less chase a new one full time. Makes me hurt to just to think of it - then again, that could just be from working on the flower beds all day? *ouch* ~sore muscles~

I have tulips & daffs popping up everywhere, but only the daffs at back of the house have started blooming - back has the morning sun. Lots of little green shoots peeping through the mulch - crocus, hosta, veronica, daylillies, phlox, iris - some stuff I'll have to wait & see what made it through the winter.
    I better try to get a couple more hours of sleep before dawn breaks.
    Later!

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Howdy all,

It's still March and I think we are still waiting on some packages to arrive, but all should be sent by now.
    If anyone has not sent or received their March swap, please post here so we can finish our month and not confuse anyone in Amy's April thread.

April looks like it's going to be FUN with Amy! Easter & lillies - great ideas!
    Hey y'all, we've got 2 more birthdays coming up QUICKLY - one on Thursday and one on Sunday.

Susan~Giverny4me, your brother Mike & family are all in my prayers, and you too for strength & faith.

And we have Melinda to welcome back now too!

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi all well I received my very nice March box from
    amy today I just got home & really have not had a chance to go through it all but will try to remember ,
    there were peep's marshmallow chicks , very nice oven mitt,bar of very nice smelling soap , reeses piece's ,
    mrs fields dark chocolate , A box of vanilla Hazelnut tea , A Book of 100 flowers & how they got their names
    that should make some good reading , & oh there was a Angel plant stake love it also was a note saying she has some special seeds to share with me & they will be on the way soon . thank you amy for a very nice box .
    almost forgot the most important item was a hummingbird feeder for my window here & humming bird food .
    thank you amy

dizzy maybe you can post one last list as to who has or has not received yet .

well news be on soon going to lay back 11pm :))
    thank you Dizzy for a swap well done .

susie

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I received a stuffed box from lil green thumb today, Lots of goodies, I will post a list tomorrow I am worn out today from getting house ready for sale scrubbbing, painting ect. Thankyou greenie I love it all hugs carol

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

WOW! Susan!!
    I got a neat hostess gift package from Susan today! $5 in McD's gift certificates (breakfast here I come!!) some extra stamps - always a great thing! Sour Lemon drops AND -- TWO packs of BLUE FESCUE grass seed, which has been on my want list almost forever!!!
    Susan, thank you, this was very thoughtful of you and I appreciate it, esp now when you are worrying about Michael. When you get back home, you can let me know which prize you would like from the contests.

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Update: After keeping a list & checking it twice....
    Only Michelle/Micke is still waiting on her box to arrive, but mmqchdygg did post sent on 3/21 & provide confirmation, but the PO is not showing it scanned until the 24th.

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

FYI to add some details to the above post...the pkg was sent Parcel Post on March 20th. Here's what the PO has for details:

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0001 0080 5793
    Detailed Results:

Enroute, March 24, 2007, 11:03 pm, KANSAS CITY, KS 66106
    Enroute, March 22, 2007, 7:53 pm, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01152
    Acceptance, March 20, 2007, 2:08 pm, CONCORD, NH 03301

So it's getting there, slow but sure.

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Just a "Thank you!" for my Little Women Daylily prize from the UFO contest.

As soon as I think of something clever (not often, I'm afraid), I'll put up a fun contest for everyone.

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Susie, Your seeds were mailed out today. I am glad that you liked your box. Take care, Amy

• micke
    17 years ago

I got my box today, thank you Tina. I actually have been so busy I totally forgot I was even suppose to be getting a box, so it was a very nice surprise:)
    I got a pretty windchime:) a begoinia (something I always intend to get and never do!) a weigela bush (so pretty, and it is a different kind from the one I have, how cool!)
    and then lots of seeds,M.G brighteyed girl, Salvia, Bee Balm, Hummer and butterfly mix, Zinnias, pinwheel mix, Rose Pinwheel and giant flowered.
    thank you so much, you really brightned my day:)
    micke
    Thank you all for having me in the group, I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed getting to know you all, I will miss you.

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you Amy! Got the neatest book from Amy today - "Bear With One Another with Love" and several packets of seeds - coleus, red poppy, aster & zinnia!!! Thank you Amy! Sure appreciate your thoughtfulness!

One last thing -!!!

to on MARCH 29th!!!

With Micke's package arriving today, that closes out our March thread.

Thank you all for playing and participating with me this month! I sure have enjoyed our month together!

is now closed.

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Susann,
    You did a great job on the swap!

Michelle,
    So sorry you are leaving. I hope you can come back and join us again! We will miss you.
    Remy

• micke
    17 years ago

I am getting ready to go to work, but I wanted to let you know Tina, that is the coolest windchime DH and I have ever seen! It has a little glass bumblebee at the top. I didn't notice it until I pulled it all the way out of the box. Hopefully the neighborhood kids will keep their sticky little mitts off it, I didn't think about it until my son mentioned his friend wanting the 'jewels' off of it. He better just keep his hands away from it!
    thank you again:)

• mmqchdygg
    17 years ago

Hooray! Glad it arrived safely; enjoy your season, everyone!

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

CAROL.... GLAD IT ARRIVED SAFELY

DIZZY.... JUST REALIZED I FORGOT UR HOSTESS BOX! LOL
    WILL GET IT OUT TO YOU FIRST OF THE WEEK!

DIZZY AND CEDARNEST! TY FOR LETTING ME WIN A PRIZE! GOT IT THE OTHER DAY! ADORABLE BUTTERFLY POTSITTER, SEEDS, AND SOME CUTE SUCKERS!

HOPE ALL IS WELL!
    IM SOOOOOOOO FAR BEHIND ON POSTS. ITS BEEN IN THE 80S HERE TIL YESTERDAY AND TODAY AND ITS IN THE UPPER 60S. BEEN OUTSIDE ALLLLLLLLLLL WEEK. TRYIN TO GET BEDS PLANNED AND STARTED AND CLEANED OUT!!!

• sandlapper_rose
    17 years ago

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes, dizzydaffodil. I had a nice day, but a busy one. We went out to eat in the evening so that was nice. Now if only we could get a bit more rain. The pollen is just horrible these last few weeks.

• skohler
    17 years ago

Amy just wanted to Say WOW & thank you ever so much for all the great AGASTACHE'S & SO MUCH MORE . CAN HARDLY WAIT TO PLANT THEM :)
    AMY SENT ME .
    ARABIS X ARENDSII ROSEA
    ASPHODELINE LIBURNICA
    RUDBECKIA BECKY FORMULA MIX
    RUDBECKIA 'GOLDILOCKS'
    AMARANTHUS VELVET CURTAINS":)))
    AGASTACHE NAVAJO SUNSET :))
    AGASTACHE BLUE LICORICE
    AGASTACHE WHITE SPIKE
    ALL FROM HARDYPLANT.COM WHAT WOUNDERFULL GIFT AMY & i WILL BE SURE TO SHARE ANY OF THEM WITH YOU :))

JUST LET ME KNOW ;)))
    SUSIE

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jeanne, thank you for the cute bunny card & bunny food seeds! LOL! That sure made me smile.
    Susann

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio