SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cottagedream_gw

Raised bed soil...can I use this?

13 years ago

My family and I are beginner gardeners and are ready to fill two 4X4 raised beds with soil. We purchased 20 bags of MiracleGro Garden soil (says organic materials, peat moss, & manure), a couple bags of sphangnam peat moss, and a couple bags of Earthgro steer Manure blend at Home Depot. My husband put in about 6 bags of the garden soil, 1 bag of peat moss, and 2 bags of steer manure when I googled if it was okay to use steer manure for a vegetable garden. Came up with a lot of mixed info and e-coli warnings. We are scared now and are wondering if we should dump the dirt and start over? We do not have a composter nor do we know how to compost!! Another concern we had is that the miracle gro garden soil says not for container gardening. Are raised beds considered container gardening? Your advice is appreciated! Thinking of going to Lowes and purchasing ready made raised bed mix. We still have about 12 bags of the Miracle gro garden soil, 1 pag of peat moss, and 2 bags of steer manure that are unopened and can be exchanged.

Comments (2)

Sponsored