SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northknoxlady

Brugmansias Are all over Costa Rica!

landrover
18 years ago

Just got back from Costra Rica where the plants are truly amazing. The best thing though was the the hillsides which were planted with literally hundreds of brugmansia! Geesh! And I was so porud of my one little plant. I swear the hillsides there looked like something out of a dream fantasy. Check this shot out. I hope you can see the brugs dangling everywhere beside the enchanted waterfall.

img src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/caroleann1/IM000594.jpg"; alt="Image hosting by Photobucket">

Costa Rica is a tropical gardeners dream. You have to like wildlife though. First day there we got into a tug of war with a troop of highway bandits with long crooked tails and furry noses! The leaped into the car trying to grab our bread bag. The leader finally won. He swung the bag over his head in triumph, then hightailed it into the bush, followed by his fellow furry highwaymen.

Unfortunately, I was taken out by a huge wave the day before I left. Nothing broken, but I'm very sore. Hoping all will be mended in time for the spring garden work.

Brugs and bourganvilla! What a pair!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21