SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acpart

Flowering plants for vivarium

acpart
17 years ago

I have 3 planted (not potted)vivariums which house 2 day geckos and a crested gecko --one to a vivarium. I know a lot more about the geckos than about the plants. The plants are doing well, but the flowering plants don't flower. I just looked up their care and discovered that the bromiliads flower once, then subsequent flowers have to come from their pups and that the anthurium plants need to dry out between waterings. I mist daily to maintain humidity of over 70% for the geckos' needs. I have florescent lighting designed to show off the geckos' colors the best, but do not regularly provide UV; the geckos are supplemented with D3 to facilitate calcium metabolism and have been thriving without UV.

According to what I have read, the "flowering" plants will probably not flower in their current environments. Are there plants anyone could recommend which could flower in a vivarium with florescent lighting and daily misting? Is there any more information you would need to be able to provide an answer (vivaria dimensions are 12"x24"x24", 12"x12"x12" and 12"x12"x18")?

thanks,

Aliza

Comments (8)