SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abnormalsanon

My SqFt garden plan

abnormalsanon
12 years ago

After several years of growing veggies and herbs in containers, I decided to make the leap to a raised bed. I have a postage stamp-sized city front yard. I built a 4 x 6 raised bed on top of the existing soil. It's 16 inches high and currently has about 10 inches of soil in it, which I am hoping to increase to a full 12 by adding more compost before I plant in the next 2 weeks.

I took a still shot of the actual garden from my security camera--forgive the weird lines from the windows. You can't tell, but I do have about a foot to walk around on 3 sides, which is the best I could do in such a small space! It's tight, but I will make it work :)

Anyway, I would love any advice you have on the plants I've chosen for the garden. I have enough space outside the garden for 2-3 large containers (will be planting container choice tomato and zucchini in those), plus a bunch of small containers which I line my steps with and plan to plant more basil, oregano, rosemary, etc. In other words, if I'm better served putting more herbs in the smaller containers and more veggies in the ground, I'm open to that. I have more than enough seedlings!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (2)

Sponsored