SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
magret_gw

Ideas for Signage for Jr. MG Garden

22 years ago

Hi to everyone, this is my first post here. I am a Master Gardener for our county. One of our biggest projects every year is a garden for children located in a low-income housing facility. For the past few years the garden hasn't attracted many children. My theory is that it is because the Master Gardeners go in around mid-May, put in the plants and seeds and for the rest of the year the kids just sort of watch it grow. There isn't any real involvement for the children. Also, the area is very drab and there isn't much visual interest.

So, this years I am the Chair of the project. We are starting in mid-April with a party revolving around setting a up a sweet pea trellis with each child's name assigned to one sweet pea vine. This way they can observe their vine during the week and record its progress in the books I plan to provide. That same day we are going to assemble a scarecrow family and place them in the garden.

I am looking for ideas regarding signage. I would like to have signs marking pathways and signs marking plots for children and plots for senior (this complex contains a senior housing area.)

Any ideas for graphics on the signs? I want some very cute stuff and bright colors. Unfortunately, I'm not very creative in this area.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Magret

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions