SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dizzydaffodil

new: obf ** march swap** butterflies & flutterbies

dizzydaffodil
17 years ago

Our Bloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and have had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja11/carol

Welcome to the

Swap!

We're going to have loads of fun this month, even if it IS my first time hostessing with the group!

March is in honor of: Learn about Butterflies day March 14th.

This ought to be fun because everyone likes butterflies. Why hold a butterfly day in March? ItÂs a good time to plan and plant that new flower bed or butterfly garden.

Learn how to attract them to your yard. You can do this by planting flowers that they like. As you look to attract butterflies, look for flowers with lots of

nectar. Also, look for flowers whose blooms offer a suitable place for a butterfly to land and rest while feeding. There are also certain plants which make suitable nesting

places for butterflies.

And since hummingbirds are "flutterbies" weÂll celebrate them as well!

So for March, letÂs find plants, seeds or other items for our partner which will help them attract these busy little critters to their yards, or just celebrate their beauty!

And seeing the 3rd week of March is national Chocolate week, we mustnÂt let that pass without celebration!

Days to notice - 19th - National Chocolate Caramel Day, 24th - National Chocolate-Covered Raisin Day!

And just to keep things interesting, letÂs include Extraterrestrial Abductions Day, on March 20th!

Our guidelines for March: We want to keep our swap box at $20 - Final sign up by March 2nd - Pairs matched March 3rd - Try to have your box mailed no later than March 23rd so everyone gets their box in March!

Please post as to whether or not you will be participating to make it easier to identify whoÂs playing and who isnÂt.

So sign up, add a short wish list if you have something in mind and LET's PLAY!!

Comments (150)

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

The winner will receive a mini hummingbird feeder with nectar mix and plastic T plant stakes.
    And in case anyone hasn't caught on, I am checking the trade lists of the winners and IF I have a few seeds of something they have on their want list - in it goes! So make sure you've updated your want list recently. LOL!

Apparently, I've been making these much too easy...
    Question 1 - how many birthdays do we have in our group this month and who and when?
    Question 2 - I'm from AL, but is my original hometown
    A) Huntsville B) Springville C) Leeds D) Mobile
    Question 3 - I have 2 cats - what are their names?
    Question 4 - How big are hummingbird nests? How many eggs are normally laid at a time?
    Question 5 - Butterflies generally fly only during the day - what do they do at night?

Who's gonna win this one??

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

My guesses:
    1. number_1 angel March 8
    Sandlapper_rose March 29
    Jeanne Hertzog March 9
    2. Mobile
    3. Dizzy and Lizzy
    4 About the size of a 50 cent piece, 2 eggs
    5. Butterfly crawls under leaf and sleeps

• Related Discussions

NEW: obf march days swap

Q

Comments (150)
    Annie so happy you rec'd your package, and enjoyed everything =) My girls had fun adding the green shredded plastic, lol Jeannie Your granddaughter is just precious! She looks like a little doll laying there so peaceful. My how time flies.... Snowing again this morning **sigh** and another winter storm for later in the week again..... Looks like 10 days till Spring! Jayeanne
    ...See More

New: OBF - March Swap: Our Green Garden Friends

Q

Comments (86)
    Hi All, Not much going one here, just work, cleaning, etc. boring stuff. It will be exciting this week though. I'm going to a beer tasting/education on Tues. I have a web site meeting on Thurs. On Friday I'm going to Gardenscape which is the Rochester garden show I attend every year. It is a really nice one! I will also be working it too for the Rock Garden Society. Dottie, Congrats on the grandson! Lol, about getting over excited about the sprouts. Lettuce, broccoli family plants, and violas are very tough and can handle light freezes when they are babies. So you can take the lids off, but if it is going to dip really low like you said, you will need to re-cap them. Marie, I'm glad to hear of the good news!! Do we all have the wrong address now? lol. Your bloom is gorgeous! 4 years, you are a patient woman. Jeanne, Are those pics of flowers blooming now with your garden critters? If so I'm very jealous! Here's my stab at Carol's questions. 1. I have a statue overlooking my garden what is it ? gargoyle - I have one out front for Gary so I'll guess the same 2. I have several statues and faces of my favorite animal in my gardens what is it any how many do I have ? Wolves 10 3. my no tresspassing sign says violaters will be shot, survivors will be _____ ______? Shot Again 4. a critter climbs my fence and eats my cat food every night. what is it ? Raccoon 5. I have a critter key holder in my garden. what is the critter ? Frog 6. I have 9 windchimes 4 are ? butterflies 7. 1 is wolf 8.1. is ? frog 9 1 is ? abstract Talk to you all later, Remy
    ...See More

new: obf march swap: gardening goddesses

Q

Comments (44)
    Shirley- thanks for the information-I traded for six years on a few sites but none of those names seems familiar. I took some time off, [ still planting of course] but didn't do any trades, except with family and friends locally. I really miss trading with online friends as I learned so much and received varieties I had never even heard of. It was a great experience and much fun. I don't post all day everyday as I work a lot of hours and now I have a grand baby that I try to spend my extra time with. I will watch for the April exchange. We have unseasonable warm weather so I have the itch early. I didn't do any winter sowing, now I regret it. I was organizing my seeds al day yesterday...it sure was fun. I am looking forward to getting to know and share seeds/plants with you~
    ...See More

UPDATE: part two :obf ** march swap** butterflies & flutte

Q

Comments (150)
    good morning everyone. dizz, thos colored chickens are too cute. strange, but... remy, the show sounds wonderful. i by-passed the philadelphia show this year, it's getting too big and too vendorized and not enough for the home gardener anymore. i like the smaller venues. sad about the batteries, but i know that feeling. i love delph's - i don't grow enough of them, need to add more. we are having sleet/snow/hail today. for the last two days, you didn't need a jacket and short sleeves were had by most! i did a little clean up and got some areas ready for plants that i have and now today - just nuts! we do a easter egg hunt at church, but use those plastic guys filled with jelly beans. (every year the same sour sap protests the jelly beans because they can become lodged in a kid's throat - every year no one has a problem and every year sh'e shot down). we must stuff a few thousand eggs. we have a little party and always a clown or a magician. it's so much fun for the kids. never fails too, the weather is always iffy. only once in the last 10 years we had to do it inside. dizz, i looked up a few of them, but not sure what you are looking for. tough contests! off to do some baking. my mom's birthday celebration this weekend. be well maryanne
    ...See More
  • Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Hi all...
    Trickier contests this month Dizzy! You're making us think to hard, lol! Actually, since I'm sitting out this month, I will not even try. I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've had a tough week. On top of allergy fits, I found out my position was cut for next school year. Whaaaaa! It was the best job I've ever had. So I'm pretty bummed about that. I keep trying to think that something will work out.

To those of you buried in snow, keep warm. We are getting the rainy end of that front. Yuck!

Remy, sorry about MIL and Grandma as sweet little parakeet. What a difficult time for you. My thoughts are with you.

Okay...gotta go start my day. Spring IS coming friends.

Theresa

• klickitat
    17 years ago

I'll sit out this last set of questions since I already won once. :) Good luck to everyone else.

Talk about pressure! I've never had to mail to the hostess of the swap... I hope I get this exchange right. Already picked up a few items that I'm pretty sure you'll like. Your hostess gift will be bundled into the package.

earthly... did you get rain all day yesterday as well? We got a HUGE downpour all day long. It helped mix the chemicals hubby lays down to keep the bugs away. We've had a horrible ant infestation in the house this winter so he resorted to harsh measures. Thank goodness he stayed out of my veggie garden!

micke... oooohhhhh hostas! I've recently been enamoured by some versions lately and have wondered which ones to buy for the woodlands. Do you have a big selection of hostas?

veeja11... you know... one day I'll actually send you my part of the emergency box. I'm such a bad member. :( I've been so overwhelmed by some personal issues that I've been trying to stay busy and forget about them.

cedarnest... blizzard!?! Hope you're ok!

Today is my day off with hubby. He's busy working on our bikes and fixing the garage door. I'd like to finish up a floral area and hit the gym. Feeling flabby. Bleh.

To all.... have a wonderful day.

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Yay, TinaMM, I get to send to you! New Hampshirites unite! Hehe. Any special requests?
    Stay safe everyone... we're stuck shoveling out snow again.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Carol - Yes I did keep my pal informed, and would be very greatful if you could send out the emergency box for me. I will send you a make up box to replace it and I appreciate this very much.
    I am sorry I let you all down. It has been a rough winter and I just thought I could handle all of this and that was my mistake. I hope this doesn't make any of you dislike me.
    I should havce realized my position and I didn't.
    Again, Carol - I so very muxh appreciate you sending out the emergency box to Elizabeth.
    And Elizabeth - I am truly apologetic for not being able to send to you. Hopefully you and I will be paired up again in the future and I will send you out a very nice package.

It is good to see you all having so much fun this month!

Hugs,
    Tina

• zabecc
    17 years ago

one more thing... still no record of my february package on the post office site.
    hope you're okay tina :)

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    Thanks for all of your good wishes.
    My grandmother is doing better. She is getting stronger. Besides being a bit sick, her potassium was way low because she was dehydrated. If your potassium is low you get weak, and she definitely doesn't need to be weak with her back. I also learned something else, elderly people lose their sense of thirst, so they get dehydrated easier. Oh and she probably doesn't drink enough also because she can't hold it as well as she used to. I unfortunately have to give her a hard time to follow doctors orders, etc. because she is acting like a little kid!
    My mother-in-law is still sick with an unknown infection source. I think she needs another doctor to look at her. I sure hope someone figures out what is wrong soon.
    All this medical stuff make me think where's Laura been?

I am officially on vacation now. We were going to go to Florida, but changed our minds and decided to just stay home. It turned out to be a good decision with everyone in the hospital.

Maryanne,
    Congrats on the win!
    I'm glad to see you knew the answer(and Susann!) Cats roam wild everywhere down in the Keys. My father has a few that adopted him. They live in his yard. He got them fixed at the SPCA down there for free.
    I missed Survivor last night. I had to work late. Was it a good episode?
    I love Malcolm in the Middle! My mother, my brothers, and me were way too much like that show, scary thought, lol.
    I'm jealous that you've had crocuses blooming! My lawn is covered in snow that has turned into a thick crusty ice mess because of the rain. It will take a lot more rain before it is gone.

Nancy and Michelle,
    Thanks for letting me know that birds do that. I had a bird die of prolapse before and one had a tumor, but I've never had one seem ok and die.

Klickitat,
    Don't feel bad. I never sent either! Maybe you and me can send to Carol for a brand new emergency box.

Ok, the dogs have been bothering me the whole time I wrote this, so I'm ending for now.
    Talk to you all soon,
    Remy

• klickitat
    17 years ago

zabecc... who was your exchange partner? Has Laura tried to contact her? I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get a box in return for the one you sent. :(

remy... best wishes for your grandmother. It's terrible when older folks get sick... so much goes wrong. How is she doing now?

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Theresa, so sorry about your job getting cut. Hope it all turns for the better. And you gals that are sitting out are still welcome to play in the contests. We have plently of goodies to go around. May not be huge or terribly expensive, but they are fun! LOL! Come on, throw out some guesses girls!
    No winner yet on the contest. Who is Jeanne Hertzog, March 9? Other than that - here's another clue - 1 & 5 are correct.

Elizabeth, unless I get run over by a speeding cowboy here in town, you will get a great box this month. And even keeping it under the $20 limit we set for March - you will be surprised, as I've been collecting special goodies on sale for months. LOL! Ohhhh, I LOVE sending surprises!!

Tina, take your timeout & get caught up, cause blooming season is ahead & I'd like you to swap with me some month too. Counting on real goodies. ;) Hope you are able to dig out this weekend.

We've been getting snow off & on all weekend, with some nasty winds, but thankfully, it's only about 5 inches or so. Really feel for you folks stuck in the deep stuff. *yuck*

Klickitat, I'll like most whatever you send. I'm having such a good time with y'all- thanks for letting me hostess this month!

I've just gotta show this off! One of the mechanics at work brought this to me as a surprise - "for taking such good care of them" - wasn't this sweet?!! Let me tell you, I might get a thank you every now & then, but a present (handmade!) was such a surprise and a treat!!!!

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Am I invisable? Look above your post Elizabeth, and klick, you are posted right underneath me.

Look through the posts on this thread and the last one as well.

Never mind Carol - I've got everything taken care of for Elizabeth.

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

klick, we got some rain, but nothing like they said. as a matter of fact, it was raining this morning, but then it stopped and the sun came out shining bright and it was just a gorgeous day. some areas got hit bad - i said that parts of new england got hammered too and my goodness, that poor area of alabama and the school in the midst of the tornado.

i also told carol when the emergency box was first discussed that i would send a certificate for plants. i believe a few people decided on that as well, thereby no need to send "stuff". carol, if you have changed your mind, let me know about that.

i'm so thankful anna nicole finally got buried. her mother makes me puke. i know a family should be together, but where was she the last 15+ years? limelight and money make people do strange things.

i ate an entire butter cake. anyone know what that is? it's pretty much a philadelphia thing. it's grossly disgusting and oozing in dripping sugar/butter and gooey and delicious.

remy, glad to hear the g-mom is doing better. yes indeed, they are like little kids when it comes time to stuff like that. i remember my uncle. i can still hear him and his excuses and it would be frustrating at times, but i'd give anything to ~really~ hear him. as for her thirst issue, i can relate and that's been for a long time! oh and by te way, laura said she was taking a little break to attend to her life. also, their weather hasn't been the best (my sister lives almost around the corner)

dizz, i can't even begin to guess at your quiz and besides, i just won annie's cross stitch, i'm "answered out".

survivor was okay. for some reason i'm just not overwhelmed by it this time. the stronger team (moto i think) actually won the challenges (again) but then they got a bottle with a message that gave them an option - give up all their luxuries or go to tribal council. the picked council and got ride of liliana -- boy she wasn't too happy about that. and the big guy they called papa smurf, due to medical reasons he left the game. the other team is falling apart, they win nothing. i would imagine there will soon be a merge.

malcom in the middle was your family? that poor mom, although she's a little rough, my God, a house full of boys constantly testing her. it still comes on in real time? i wonder why i never see it. another one i like is bernie mac. he just cracks me up. i catch certain shows in their second go-round and wonder why i never heard of them in their first run.

speaking of dogs, mine are going crazy. the rabbits are out in full force ( in know, my yard is inundated in rabbit poo), so every little movement, they are going nuts.

be well, stay warm -- spring is coming!

elizabeth, i love that graphic.

maryanne

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Dizzy,I love that birdhouse
    Well I know I am going to get the buzzer but...
    My guesses:
    Sandlapper_rose March 29
    Jeanne Hertzog March 9
    2. Leeds??
    3. kitty and cat??
    4 1 I know this is right : )

Oh I wish for the next contest you would ask something like What are the color of Nancys eyes? LOL I would know that one!

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ooooo Nancy, you are SO close!! Better check on number 3 & 4 again....

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Hee Thanks Dizzy
    OK My guesses are
    Sandlapper_rose March 29
    Jeanne Hertzog March 9
    2. Leeds
    3. Miss Kitty and Abby Cat
    4 About the size of a 50 cent piece and 1 egg at a time?

Keeping my fingers crossed
    Nancy

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

will receive a mini hummingbird feeder with nectar mix and plastic T plant stakes. Nancy, it will go out in Saturday's mail! Congrats!

Keep watching for our next contest!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

I won! I won! I guess its true..Miracles do happen : )

Dizzy I loved your website.I am going to go back later so I can really check it out better.This time I was there on a mission,Next time I can relax : )Oh I am soo excited.You would think I won the lottery.
    Thank You!!! Nancy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Beautiful birdhouse Dizzy. Sounds like your guys are very thoughtful. Is that going to be our next contest prize? lol...JK.
    I think Laura is catching up on things from us keeping her so busy last month. I have been in contact with her for a trade. She's probably also buried in snow. I don't know how you all do it with that snow thing! Well, I do. I used to be a northerner. I remember that this time of year was the hardest. Keep thinking spring thoughts!
    Theresa

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wake Up! Wake Up! It's Saturday morning and time for a

First member with all the correct answers will receive a pretty butterfly pot sitter!
    1) The dot over the letter "i" is called a ____
    2) The first CD pressed in the US was _____ by ______
    3) The largest known variety of butterfly is the _______
    4) More money is spent on ______ than on any other hobby in the US!

Let's play!!

• zabecc
    17 years ago

TinaHBD- When I put my post in, your's wasn't there... so no, you're not "invisble" as you say.

Dizzy- Don't worry, I know you'll send, and I'm super excited... I've been finding lots of great items on sale as well!! And that birdhouse of yours is GORGEOUS, those guys have some true talent!!!

Remy- I'm so glad to hear that you grandmother is doing better, wonderful news.

Maryanne- Ya, I fell in love with that graphic when I found it too, hehe. It's the little pleasures in life, isn't it?!

Happy March everyone... we're all shoveled out again. But I called my mother this morning (who lives on Cape Cod) and she said it was 50 there, sunny skies, birds chirping... made me anxious for Spring!

-Elizabeth

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

1. tittle
    2. born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen
    3. Green Back (Verdontis Floppia
    4. Buying Art

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

good morning everyone. you would not believe the weather we are having. it's bright, it's sunny and it's gorgeous enough to have a cookout.

i'm totally excited to see an old friend later today. an old school friend is in from out of town and there's about a dozen of us getting together. i haven't seen her since my dad passed and that's about 15 years. too funny, a guy that had a crush on her in grade school left her things in his will and the family is making distribution sometime this week, can you imagine? (i don't even want to say how long we've been out of school). talk about carrying a torch! i've been digging through pictures and what not as has everyone else from school trips, neighborhood things. this will be a wonderful reunion all the way around. should be a great afternoon/evening.

dizz, i love that bird house. how rustic. how wonderful that he made that for you and thought of you. the little things, they are so special.

theresa, so sorry to hear about your job. i know you were loving it from the things you have posted in the past. stinks doesn't it? will you try another school?

dizz - #4 i would think is gardening. i think i know #2, (he's not a favorite singer of mine) and not a clue on the others.

congrats nancy on your win!

well, i have a little finishing up to do before i am out of here. getting picked up at 2 and i need to finish my contrbutions to out meal.

elizabeth, how do you search for those type graphics?

have a great day everyone, be well
    maryanne

• zabecc
    17 years ago

maryanne- I usually just type into my favorite search engine "animated clipart" or "animated graphics" and then more specifically what I'm looking for like "animated snow clipart" or something like that... then I click around on the different sites to see if I can find anything I like. It takes a long time sometimes, but it's fun :)

-Elizabeth

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Elizabeth.We are still shoveling out here.Can't wait for the snowplows to come by.I am getting that way too cooped up feeling.Gotta love that graphic LOL Thanks for letting us know how to find them.My posts are just posts.Now maybe I can jazz them up once in awhile ; )

Maryanne,Thanks,I rarely win anything so I was so excited to win Dizzys contest : )I want your weather ; ( Have fun catching up with friends thisafternoon.Times like that are so special.Wow! I had a few old flames.. wonder if any of them put me in their will?LOL Thats amazing.

Well I am off to pace back and forth again.The snowplow guy has to come by sooner or later...I hope

Have a great Weekend Everyone : )
    Nancy

• skohler
    17 years ago

sorry to anounce but you all forgot a Birthday this month

1. number_1 angel/JEAN March 8
    2.Sandlapper_rose/ Jeanne Hertzog March 29
    3. MMQCHDYGG/TINA RICHARD- MARCH 5TH

SURE IT WAS NOT INTENTIONAL :)))
    Happy Birthday to all of you .

zebecc :you will be getting a box for the feb swap hopefully this next week :))) please know some times things do happen in life , we hope that when it dose we can be notifide sooner before the due date that way no one is out anything .

thats goes for any of us in case of a death god forbid , or sickness just let carol or myself & your partner know we can make it up .

sassy such a cute GD your so lucky, congrats in getting into your new home this week .

Maryanne LUCKY gal to have such nice weather this time of year it is still very icy here I dread for the mail to come today wish they would get smart & stay off the roads in this bad weather . hope you have a good time with old friends we have an alumni every 1st sat of june
    yearly so much fun .

well DJ is staken his monthly bath in his water dish what a mess I have when he is done water all over the floor
    good thing it is vinal :)) mop right up :)
    african greys do not like baths very often :(

well have to go do more searching for my gifts this month :))) have a great weekend :)))
    susie

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey, Tina M&M Happy early Birthday to you for Monday!

I'm so sorry, but that wasn't on my info sheet! Guess it wasn't on the others either, but at least Susie had it!

No winner for the contest .... yet..... come on gals! Shirley you are close,close,close.
    MaryAnne, Getting together with old school pals does sound like a lot of fun ... about every 15 years or so! LOL! Nice weather sounds real good for a change - be sure & enjoy it for us?
    Nancy, your prize went with this morning's mail.

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Elizabeth - you and I must have been posting at the same time or something.
    Carol will not be sending out a box, mine is going out to you. I will post to let you know after I have dropped it off at the PO. Again, I truly am sorry for being so tardy.
    I am sitting out for the next month or two. Will be back when all things are better.

dizzydaffodil - I look forward to trading with you as well :-) I will be back, smiles.

Nancy - You WON! You WON!!!!!! Yeah! You crazy thing.

Ok, going to the corner......... I've been a naughty girl.

Tina

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

OK number 4 must be wrong...Goggle had so many different ideas about the most expensive.
    Some said
    Collecting Daylilies
    Stamps
    Coins
    Cars
    Shirley

• skohler
    17 years ago

#4 scrapbooking :)))
    just a guess
    susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    #4 is GARDENING!!!!!!
    Remy

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi again,
    I couldn't help it. I knew the answer from the start and I could not hold it in any longer, lol!
    I went to my brother-in-law's 40th birthday party this evening. It was just a small dinner, but that is what he wanted.

Theresa,
    I missed your post about the job. I'm so sorry, but at least you know in advance. Think positive something will come up : )

Klickitat,
    I think you probably saw my other post by now, but she is doing better. My mother-in-law is still not well though. She needs to see another doctor.

Susann,
    Great birdhouse! I just love it. I got one in the mail today myself. A lady made a house for me in exchange for plants in the spring. It is blue and will look great in the corner of my garage.

Tina,
    Your not invisible: )

Maryanne,
    I don't know what the cake is, but being it is called a butter cake and it id disgusting and oozing, I know I would love it!
    About Malcolm, my brothers would destroy anything they could! We were always fighting. My mother was a control freak, lol. I would get in trouble even when I did no wrong.
    I'm surprised about the winning team going taking the vote, but then again other teams have done dumb stuff like that before.
    That will thing sound like something out of a movie!
    Hope you had fun with your friends.

Nancy,
    Congrats on the win!

Elizabeth,
    Are feeling all better now? I hope so. You're a good clip finder! I've search before and have trouble finding good ones.

Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    17 years ago

Well, my hubby's hobby is cars and BELIEVE ME, it's more expensive than gardening (not the way I garden according to him, lol). But I'm guessing cars for #4. He wished that I was into cars but I'm glad he's NOT into gardening. I want to do everything my own way!!!! :)

Remy & Maryanne, Yeah I am still pretty bummed about the job. I'm trying to think that something else will work out and work out for the best somehow. Still, it stinks. But in the grand scheme of things, if this is the worst thing to happen to me this year, then I am lucky. Right?

:(

I am glad for your nice weather Maryanne, it's so refreshing at this time of year, huh? I spent all day today in the garden.

Theresa

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Nice weather...what's that? Just a fond memory, LOL! We have 6" of fresh snow/ice on the ground, and it's been snowing on and off for 4 days. I haven't seen the sun in a week! I'll be so glad when spring arrives. The groundhog was really off this year!

Maryanne,
    Hope you had a wonderful day with all your friends!

Nancy,
    You won, yeah! ;)

Susann,
    The rustic birdhouse is really nice!

Theresa,
    What I wouldn't do to spend a little time in the garden/yard!

Deb

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Is anyone going to list ALL the correct answers together so we can have ONE winner?? I'm not gonna pull it's little wings off to split it up..... ewww!
    FYI - MARYANNE & REMY are correct on #4
    SHIRLEY is correct on the rest

• skohler
    17 years ago

gm ladies :))
    we should give the prize to SHIRLEY for we were helping her out :)) :)))

dizzy think we need a new forum part 2 of this with the list as to who sends to who :)) .

amy can you email me please for the emails i send to you are bouncing back :(. ty

today is bath day for birdies :) 12 in all :) the old saying cheaper by the dozen . but it isn't any easier :))).
    have a great day to all
    susie

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Morning everyone,

I'm back home again. Well, until tomorrow morning then I take Sister Brenda for a cat scan. They are sure having a time of it, her DH was in the hospital Friday for double hernia surgery. Then Sister Dee Dee is in the hospital in DesMoines for pneumonia;all are doing better now.

Sounds like everyone is having a great time with the contests.

If I missed anyone's birthday, sorry.

Anyone that is feeling under the weather, take care of yourself.

Maryanne, I didn't get your stitching out over the week-end, but will do it on tomorrow or Tues. morning. This will give me time to sign it.

YES! I get to send to Beth. My question is what address do you want me to send it to? I've got two address for you.

Well, I better get some stuff done. My herd is all here driving me nuts because they have not seen me for a few day. I'm so glad my DH is good about holding down the fort.

Susie, are you still collecting stuff for emergency boxes? And/or I would be happy to fill in, and send an emergency box in the future. Just let me know.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Dizzy-
    I got my quiz winner package yesterday, thank you SO much!!! I just LOVE it... you are TOO kind :)

-Elizabeth

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

good morning everyone.

i agree, shirley wins, at least shirley answered all 4 questions.

our weather was absolutely gorgeous yesterday. here it hit in the mid-50's. as we got closer upstate, it was several degrees cooler, but gorgeous nonetheless. by night though, it certainly got chilly, nothing a good fire, brandy and menopause won't cure :-)

i had such a wonderful afternoon/night yesterday, my heart is still smiling. i got a later start than expected, there's always drama with one of my friend's family, so we didn't hit the road until around five. there's 6 or 7 of us that get together regularly, but seeing everyone else together again at the same time was icing on the cake and seeing rose, well, that was heaven after all these years. we wound up having a seafood fest ~~ clams, mussles, crabs, shrimp, lobster, baked potatoes, corn (no cob - not the season), ribs, steak, chicken, many different vegetables and salads and desserts and more alcohol than necessary. laughed, cried, chatted to the wee hours. i'll really need to have my cholesterol levels checked too...but maybe later in the week. there's still leftovers - nothing like shrimp and steak for breakfast! we will all get together once more this week and hit the flower show and then everyone's life goes back to normal. i'm certainly looking forward to the show as it's been a spectacular event each year that i attended. oh, and this guy frank left rose two paintings, an undisclosed amount of money (although she did hint around about it - (no wonder she came with the bundles of seafood and case of pouilly fuisse, which totally enhanced our meal ~no complaints~ ) and one other item she would not talk about at all, but said we will all find out in due time. i guess when we go to the flower show thursday we'll find out because they make distribution on wednesday morning. she even disclosed their relationship at times was a "little more than a crush". oh, the things you learn that you wish you didn't! LOLOLOLOL made for great converation though. he was such a mamma's boy too, never would have thought - i'm still laughing.

okay, so i bragged about yesterday's weather? serves me right. it's chilly, overcast, extremely windy and there were flurries this morning. the sun is fighting to come out, it's not winning.

oh annie, take your time and i am thrilled that you will sign it! sorry to hear about the unecessary medical issues and i certainly hope brenda is doing better these days. i continue to keep her in my prayers. speaking of which, how is your neice doing these days?

my son turned 25 yesterday. dang, he's old! lol happy birthday to all the march girls this year. perhaps we should designate an official birthday person...someone that is good with graphics (hint hint elizabeth).

have a great sunday everyone, be well - stay warm!
    spring is coming
    maryanne

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Shirley, your butterfly will go in the mail Monday!! Congrats on winning & thank you for playing!!!!!

Susie, already working on the new thread - thanks!

Dizzy

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

1. tittle
    2. born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen
    3. Green Back (Verdontis Floppia
    4. Gardening
    OK Dizzy are you a Teacher? All four are listed but please don't count off for #4 because I had help. LOL

Wow I find it hard to believe Gardening is more than art and cars. I have 1,000 of plants and I have heard people talk about the money they have in cars....let me tell you I could not afford it...and car racing???? My Boss's son races cars..he spends $$$$$$$$ like there is no tomorrow. Those kind of hobbies are for the very rich.

Maryanne-Sounds like a great get-together with your friends. Every Christmas I plan a luncheon not only with all the girls I work with now but also with the ones who did work with us but are now gone. It sure is hard keeping up with some of them but such fun when they come to the luncheons. The weather here is so cold and very windy. Where is Spring?

Susie-I'm going through your daylily list and I will trade with you for the irises you want. I have over 200 irises coming the first of April so I will e-mail you. I saw your post on the Iris Forum.

Remy-You have me wanting to bake a cake now. I am going to play Volleyball @2:00 but baking a cake when I return.

Shirley

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Yeah Shirley! ;)
    Congratulations!

Deb

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sneaky contest -- whoever posts message #150 on this thread also wins a prize!!!!!

DizzyD

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Hmmmmmmmmm... will it be me???

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

144 - 6 more to go

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Congratulations Shirley on winning! ;)

Oh looks to me like Dizzy has yet another trick up her sleeve.How Sneaky hee hee 145
    Nancy

• dizzydaffodil
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Come on gals, you're usually more chatty than this!! LOL!

Shirley, you have over 200 irises coming in April???? Holy cow, wish I had room for that many!! And you wonder that gardening is the most expensive "hobby" in the US?!! hmmm... maybe they should have labeled that "obsession" instead of hobby? You wouldn't wonder so much if you had seen some of the orders I've placed this week!! *ouch*

MaryAnne, so glad you had fun with your pals. It's great y'all still get together & have a good time. Mama's boy, huh? Well, you just never know.

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Almost there! I'm #147!!!

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Shirley, consider that few people can afford to collect cars, or race cars or whatever but look just at the amount of money that changes hands over on the lily auction!
    How many of us have to have dozens of lilies or iris or even roses?
    Then there are all the excuses that folks have for vegetable gardening. It's fresher/healthier/better tasting even cheaper. These are all the same reasons men have for buying boats and fishing gear. They work for the same reasons too. We WANT to believe them. They make us feel a bit less bad about the money we spend on hobbies AND (of course) there is that little grain of truth in each of them. Lets face it Gardening is therapeutic,we enjoy it and it can be a thrifty hobby too.
    IT never has been thrifty for me but I know that it can be LOL My goal this year is to prove that. ha ha ha

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi All,
    It is not that people spend more money on gardening, though some do. It is that there are way more people gardening than any other hobby(it is not a regional thing, people do it all over the US, rich and poor), so take that money collectively and more money is spent.
    Yesterday, I spent most of my time at the hospitals again. My grandmother is getting better. She had another chest x-ray to make sure the pneumonia is gone. If she is well, she will be transfered to a nursing home to get more rehab so she is stronger to go home.
    My mother-in-law is still not well. I went last night and she was sleeping again. So I have not had a real conversation with her about what is going on.

MMTina,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope it is a good one, maybe spent wintersowing, lol! I have to go get some potting mix myself today.

Shirley,
    Congrats on winning!!
    Did you make that cake? : )

Annie,
    Sorry to hear you are having to do hospital stuff with your family too.

Deb,
    The groundhog sure was off! It is snowing here again.

Maryanne,
    I'm so glad to hear you had a great time! I wish I was going to the flower show with you! Well, I will be going to the Rochester show which is very nice next week, but it is not the same as Philadelphia.

Talk to you all later,
    Remy

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Am I #150? Thanks, AMy