SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosemctier

new: obf march swap: gardening goddesses

rosemctier
12 years ago

*OBF is a year-round trade group. You must be a member to participate. If you're interested in becoming a member, please contact the hostess of the current swap, and she'll get you the info you need. Thanks!*

In honor of Women's History Month, I thought it would be a nice idea to recognize those women who taught us the most about the passion we all share: gardening. I would like everyone to send me via email (don't post it here) a short story or two about your gardening goddess. Make sure you give her a name (you can make one up to preserve anonymity if you like). Please send me your info by 11:59 pm March 9; signups will be open until then. Don't forget to send me your address so I can forward it on to your partner, as these will secret until packages are received. I will post your stories on Saturday afternoon (3/10), and we will use them to decide who sends to whom. The person whose story you pick will be the person who sends to you, and we'll keep it a surprise until packages get there to add to the excitement! We will pick stories in the order people sign up for the swap, so sign up early to get the most choices :D Now, what to send. I think it would be nice to include a selection of five things that remind you of the woman you are honoring, seeds, plants, a few favorite or symbolic things, something to paint a small portrait of the woman she is or was. By the end of March, do you guys think it is safe enough to send live plants? Let's get packages mailed out by Monday 3/19, with a DC# as usual. Thanks for playing and happy spring :)

Comments (44)