SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
allene_gw

Calling all trellis fetishists

allene
15 years ago

Hello all. I have been lurking for quite a while and have been very heartened by the uplifting and supportive posts, especially to newbies.

My dh just made my first boxes this past weekend before the blizzard hit and now I am considering my trellis placement. I read a recent post and granny called someone a trellis fetishist (to which he seemed quite pleased) so I hope this subject line catches his eye (or anyone else who can help).

The question is: where should the trellis should be placed on the box? Over the middle part of the square foot course or on the very end of the square at the edge of the box.

If it is on the end, then planting 9 pole beans would mean they would have to grow for a bit before they would all be able to get to the trellis to climb, so would you place it in the middle area of the square foot course so that it would be directly over the middle three plants and the outer plants would only have a short distance to climb towards the center of the square foot. Or does it matter one way or the other?

Hope this question isn't too silly.

Thanks in advance,

Allene

Thanks in advance

Comments (42)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer