SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apriln19

Looking for the name of a reed-like plant in my 'flower bed'

apriln19
16 years ago

And I put flower bed in quotes because it's actually pretty far from what most of you would call a flower bed.

I'm in North Central Florida.

This plant is reed-like, tall and skinny. Has a dark purple/maroon colored stalk and green leaves. It has purple flowers that fall off the plant everyday (I also have pink flowered ones - but I've actually seen the purple ones other places)

My husband swears it's a weed because it's so hardy and has spread like, well, like a weed! lol

But it's not a weed. I know it's not.

Can anyone help a super-novice out? (If I can navigate this site I'll have other questions soon. I'd like to clean all the beds out, keep what I like and compost the rest.)

We rent and have been here for about a year. The flower beds were seriously neglected before I got here and I have yet to want to tackle that huge job. Now that it's cooled off some I think I'll take it on, but it's going to be lots of work and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions along the way.

My name is April, and I'd like a green thumb but as of right now it's a little more brown than green ;-)

Comments (10)

Sponsored