SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purpleacres

Acres All Tomato and Pepper Swap

purpleacres
16 years ago

Howdee

I have put on many swaps in the round robin forum over the last 5 or 6 years. I am currently doing my Acres Edible Swap and have been thinking of putting on a tomato and pepper only swap just to see how it would do. It would have the same rules that apply to standard swaps. If we get 10 people interest I will do it. More would be fun.

~~~A few small details~~~~

All seeds must be clearly marked and packed correctly. Color and days to maturity if possible. More info would be wonderful.

10 seed minium packs

Bubble mailer to be used

One person must not send in more than 5 copies of one certain seed.

One person must not send in more than 50 seed packages (Email me if you want to do more)

You will receive at least the amount of packages you send in most likely more..

A wish list is recommended

You must attach the correct amount of postage to the self addressed stamped bubble mailer or address labels and stamps to get the mailer back to you.

You must send your full name on the mailer , mailing address, garden web name and email address on a card or added to your lists. This helps me a lot. Emailing it too me works as well

A list of seeds you sent is recommenced. This helps so you donâÂÂt get your own seeds back..

. Packages will be fill in order arrival

Sorry for all the rules it just makes a better and more organized swap and a lot easier if rules are involved. With only my self doing the swap as much information I can get is the best.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS PLEASE ASK. .

purpleacres

Comments (52)

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

howdee there

I am thinking I would like the mailers around the first week in March. I do not have a end date to sign up they usually don't work to well any way. Would that be ok?

Any andvice or questions?

Acres

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

I'd like to play too.

Barbi

• Related Discussions

WANTED: interest in a all tomato and pepper swap?

Q

Comments (1)
    howdee This swap is a GO... We have 10 people already signed up. I have only added a few additions to the details. There will be no âÂÂtomato mixâ or pepper blendâ sent in. All named tomatoes and peppers only. If you send in all basic simple varieties expect to get basic simple varieties back Mailers are due at my house March 1st and will be sent back to you a few days later. I will not wait for late mailers. Acres
    ...See More

NEW: Acres Tomato and Pepper Swap

Q

Comments (47)
    Howdee there Sorry about the confusion booberry and patti. All better now? :-) I have been pretty busy with this or that gosh I cant believe its febuary all ready. I want to plant and you can tell that by the amount of my seeds I ordered. Any who enough of that you guys dont want to hear of my boring as ever life lol. Got a few more mailers and wow im soo happy to see such a variety with some of the mailers. It will make the swap great fun. Acres Tomato and Pepper Swap Sign up 1, Carsons_mimi GOT 29 pks 2, Booberry85 Got 50 pks 3, Jill (local friend) GOT 21 pks 4, Dirt Diggins 5, Jaynine Got 21 pks 6, Patti1957 GOT 50 pks 7, Dem_pa GOT 34 pks 8, Appaloosa909 9, Randar08 GOT 50 pks 10, Sassybutterfly2008 got 23 pks 11, Opie12 12, kygreg GOT 50 pks plus EXTRAS 13, rane_grow 14, cyber_meows GOT 50 pks 15, Dusty314 GOT 14 pks 16, Strmywthr3 GOT 50 pks 17, Sorellina (Canada) The hills (Canada) GOT 50 pks Cherone7 GOT 31 pks 20 pepperfanman GOT 28 pks clay lady GOT 33 pks 22 bigvegguy 23 Benjoe 24 Dirt kickers (ClayladyÂs friend) GOT 40 pks
    ...See More

new: acres quick all tomato seed swap

Q

Comments (4)
    I posted on the seed exchange already. Posting here to make it official. aggieinid
    ...See More

update: acres 'squash it up' & 'tomato and pepper' update

Q

Comments (36)
    howdee So wonderful you all are liking your seeds I have soo much fun doing these swaps. I want to do another one real soo but hubby says wait a bit :-( Silly man!! LOL Sorry I have not posted in a wile. i have been busy making soap. Soo much fun to do. I ended up with another order from a gardenweb member how neat is that? It will ship out Monday. Well hubby is in the kitchen looking around so it must be dinner time. Acres
    ...See More
  • rock22r
    16 years ago

count me in just let me know when it's a go send me an address to send seed to Thanks rock22r

• northernmich
    16 years ago

I'd like to sign up...besides Barbie sent more packs than me in the Edible swap. I want to get even :)

I am expecting a huge shipment of 500 packs any day. These are not strictly tomato or peppers though...sorry :)

I am in.

Sorry to see so many in the Edible swap that signed up and did not follow though, as an organizer that has to be frustrating. I did a dozen dozen swap a few months back, it went awesome. I can vouch for those traders. Do a search under dozen dozen...I think we are ready again (smiles).

Earl

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

earl, as long as you get even by sending in a great variety, that's fine by me!!!! :)

Barbi

• dutchcurl
    16 years ago

I'm still new and would like to get in on this. Please let me know where to send the SASBE. I'm going to send you an email as well. Thanks, Carol

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Ok, I'm in! I stopped off on my way home from work and found 2 fun peppers and a tomato I had never heard of. So of course I picked up two packs of each! Compulsive behavior at it's best. I keep telling the DH I'm just going to fill the back yard with tomatoes & peppers. He doesn't care - less to mow!

• dorisl
    16 years ago

So, would the pepper part of the swap be likely to be mostly hot peppers?

:)

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Howdee

This swap is a go. We have 9 people with interest so far and that is great. I have added a few additions to the details.

This swap will cover any variety of edible pepper or tomato.

Peppers : Any variety of pepper hot, sweet or really really really hot.

Tomatoes: Any variety of tomato

There will be no âÂÂtomato mixâ or pepper blendâ sent in. All named tomatoes and peppers only.

If you send in all basic simple varieties expect to get basic simple varieties back.

Mailers are due at my house March 1st and will be sent back to you a few days later. I will not wait for late mailers.

You may also post here what you want and what you are sending to help you get what you want.

~~~A few small details~~~~

All seeds must be clearly marked and packed correctly. Color and days to maturity if possible. More info would be wonderful.

10 seed minium packs

Bubble mailer to be used

One person must not send in more than 5 copies of one certain seed.

One person must not send in more than 50 seed packages (Email me if you want to do mor)

You will receive at least the amount of packages you send in most likely more..

A wish list is recommended

You must attach the correct amount of postage to the self addressed stamped bubble mailer or address labels and stamps to get the mailer back to you.

You must send your full name on the mailer , mailing address, garden web name and email address on a card or added to your lists. This helps me a lot. Emailing it too me works as well

A list of seeds you sent is recommenced. This helps so you donâÂÂt get your own seeds back..

Packages will be fill in order arrival

Sorry for all the rules it just makes a better and more organized swap and a lot easier if rules are involved. With only my self doing the swap as much information I can get is the best.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS PLEASE ASK. .

I think I have covered it all. I will be sending an email to all that have signed up really soon. Please make sure I can email you dirrectly from the site

Acres

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I have gotten 2 e-mails from you and they are both blank, is there a secreat decoader? but I still have your address from the stocking swap if it is the same one, I'll pack up my seeds soon.
    I want mostly common seeds, I have not had good luck with some of the more unusual kinds of toms.
    I would like
    roma
    plum
    grape
    patio princes
    early girl
    brandy wine
    morgage lifter
    med. sized toms with lots of meat and flavor, I make salsa and canned toms, I still have several dozen jars from last year.
    as far as peppers, I like mostly sweet bells of any color and bannas, and some good hot chillies and jalapinos, may be some little supper hot ones for a friend.

thanks
    michelle

• thehills2
    16 years ago

My package was sent this morning here is what I sent and the things I am looking for. Thanks so much for organizing Acres, it is really great of you to host another swap for all of us "veggie lovers". thehills2

Here is what I sent in 28 sets:
    Â 1 Capsicum chinense "Scotch Bonnet Orange" Pepper (extremely hot, handle with care)** I put a warning on this, DaveÂs Garden states its over 30,000 heat units.
    Â 1 Capsicum Annuum "Sandia A" Hot Chili Pepper 65-75 days moderate heat (purchase)
    Â 1 "Yellow Asila Craig" Ind 2-4 oz yellow 70-80 days
    Â 1 "Coastal Yellow Egg" Yellow Oblong Ind 2-4 oz 70-80 days (I believe this is a new introduction Canadian heirloom project)
    Â 1 "African Beefsteak" Heirloom Tomato Ind 1lb+ orange oblate 70-80 days
    Â 1 "RitaÂs Black" Heirloom Tomato Ind 8-12 oz Black slight pear 70-80 days
    Â 1 "White Beefsteak" Heirloom Tomato Ind 4-8 oz white 70-80 days
    Â 1 "Yellow Lemon" Heirloom Tomato Ind 2- 4 oz 70-80 days
    Â 1 "Large Mennonite Heritage" Heirloom Tomato Ind 1lb pink oblate 70-80 days
    Â 1 "Vova Yellow" Heirloom Tomato Ind 2 oz Yellow 70-80 days
    Â 1 "German Stripe" Heirloom Tomato Ind 70 days
    Â 1 "White Queen" Heirloom Tomato Ind 70-80 days
    Â 1 "Green Grapes" Heirloom Tomato Ind green grape 65 days
    Â 5 "Heirloom Yellow Cherry" Heirloom Tomato IND 65 days
    Â 5 "Juliet Plum" Tomato IND 2oz 70 days- Prolific producer, we used fresh as a freezer tomato
    Â 5 "Yellow Brandywine" Ind Here is my tomato wish list:

Wish list Tomatoes  Would love heirlooms as opposed to hybrids
    Â Currant size any Âred, golden, yellow, black (L. pimpinellifolium, wild or spoon tomato)
    Â Whites any - White Wonder, Snow Queen, Poil Blanc, Beauty Blanc, Sausage Cream etc
    Â Heavily Ribbed / Ruffled - Noire de Coseboeuf, Purple Calabash, Genovese
     Striped Any  Tiger, Zebra, bicolors
    Â Fuzzy Peach, Yellow Stuffer, Yellow Ruffles, any odd shapes, sizes or colors
    Â Good storing or freezing variety

• Belinda Sisemore
    16 years ago

me too

• northernmich
    16 years ago

thehills2 is making us look bad...sent in already??!! OMG

Hurry up big order...guess I will make up packs this weekend, then add in IF I get that big order say by February 25. Can we push the deadline to March 5-7th?

I could call the seed company and check on my order.

These have to be "edible" peppers and tomatoes? How picky :)

Earl

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    sorry Acres that e-mail was blank too, I have never had this prob before.
    you can just let me know if I send to your address from december.
    thanks
    michelle

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Seeds are ready to go! I just need to get another bubble mailer and off they go!

• rock22r
    16 years ago

Purpleacres Heres my list will mail later today all are OP from my gardens but the WV 63 I recived it from the W.V.U. grower Thanks Roger

2 pks WV63 tomato seed 20 seed to a pack
    2 pks Mortgage Lifter tomato 30 seeds to a pack
    2 pks Greater Baltimore tomato 30 seeds to a pack
    2 pks Brandywine pink tomato 20 seeds to a pack
    2 pks Cherokee Purple tomato 30 seeds to a pack
    2 pks Pritchard Scarlet Topper tomato 30 seeds to a pack
    2 pks Hillbilly tomato 20 seeds to a pack
    2 pks Tiny Tim dwarf tomato 30 seeds to a pack
    2 pks Red Peter Pepper 60 seeds to a pack
    2 pks Hungarian Hot Banana Pepper 60 seeds to a pack

Wants Heirlooms over hybrids don't need as many packs back as I sent need Peppers Thanks Roger

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

howdee there

so sorry Im late to post here about the swap. I just finished up the Acres edible swap and had great fun working with over 1400 seed packages and 37 mailers.

We have 13 signed up for this swap so tell your friends and your neighbors the more the merrier.

Does any one have any objections to pushing the deadline to the 7th of march? We may get more interst if we do. Im unsure though with this swap being only tomatoes and peppers.

Any question please ask

Acres

purpleacres17@aol.com

tomato and pepper swap sign up

1. EEE --Im sure you gave me your Gw name for the life of

me I cant find it sorry.

2. Micyrey

3. Booberry85

4. Strmwthr3

5. Rock 22

6. northernmich

7. thehills

8 Sorellina

9 Luvgardening2

10 dorisL

1. Dutchcurl

12 zztopsoil

13 coolbythecoast

• skyblue52
    16 years ago

Helloo I will get out my seeds for another one. Thanks for getting this started. I know you are busy. Susan

• booberry85
    16 years ago

Seeds are in the mail (is that as cheesy as saying "the check is in the mail?"). I think I sent some good varieties of heirlooms & hybrids, bells & hot peppers. I think I'll still be ok for my growing season if the seeds went out March 7. I usually like to start seeds around March 7, but mid March would be fine.

• daisy4655
    16 years ago

Hi,

Count me in--sent you an e-mail.

• tod65
    16 years ago

I will be sending 50 packs plus some bonus seeds in the morning

Thanks
    Tod
    Seed To Seed Gardens

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed to Seed Gardens

• maricybele
    16 years ago

Is it too late to join this swap?

Thanks,
    Lisa
    aka maricybele

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

howdee there
    19 people signed up already. woo hoo The mailers started showing up today.

Acres

1. dutchcurl 50 pks

2. booberry85 28 pks

3. rock22 20 pks

• northernmich
    16 years ago

I'm behind but I'm ON this...really I am :)

• dr_tomato
    16 years ago

I'm Late,but hope I can still get in.I'll be sending 25 types of tomatoes.Thank You for doing this.
    Tom

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

howdee

With the tomato doctor we have 20 people in the swap so far, not counting my self.

todd, your mailer came today great selection :-)

Acres

• maricybele
    16 years ago

I am sending in mostly early seeds because here is Oregon you sneeze and summer is over and that's what I collect.

Tomatoes
    2 packs San Marzano 76 days
    2 packs Red Siletz 65 dsys
    2 packs Oregon Spring 75 days
    2 packs Stupice 60 days
    2 Purple Calabash 85-90 days
    2 Sioux Tomato 69-80 days
    2 Sweet 100 65 days
    2 Early Girls 62 days
    2 Health Kick 75 days

Peppers Hungarian Hot Wax 5 packs 70days

Looking for any early tomatoes and early cool summer peppers
    Small Red pear
    Tiny Tim
    Stuffer Tomato
    Currant Tomato
    Tree Tomato
    Juliet Plum
    Gregories Alti
    Howard German
    Hungarian Italian
    Glacier
    Applause
    Fireworks
    Thanks, Maricybele

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Maricybele,

Nor Cal sounds alot like your area. My gardening season is soo short but, I grow sooo many tomatoes I do ok for the 300 jars of tomato products I can each year. I have a few ideas for you :-) You will be happy. Pretty much any thing I grow should work for you. I never grow a tomato over 75 days.

There is also still some time to get the seeds to me so tell your friends

Acres

1. EEEGH

2. Micyrey

3. Booberry85--- sent 28 pks

4. Strmwthr3

5. Rock 22--sent 20 pks

6. northernmich

7. thehills

8 Sorellina

9 Luvgardening2

10 dorisL

1. Dutchcurl-- Sent 50 pks

12 zztopsoil

13 coolbythecoast

1. skyblue

2. hilfarm

3. seed to seed sent 50 pks

4. LeeAvery

18 maricybelle

19 Arnesr

20 Dr.tomato

• zztopsoil
    16 years ago

My Package was Mailed Today.
    I Have Sent the Following 50 Heirloom Tomato Seed Packets.

Aunt Ruby's German Green (2- Packets)
    Beam's Yellow Pear (1- Packet)
    Black Pear (2- Packets)
    Black Plum (2- Packets)
    Campari (2- Packets)
    Cherokee Purple (2- Packets)
    Clear Pink Early (2- Packets)
    Fox Cherry (2- Packets)
    German Pink (1- Packet)
    Glacier (2- Packets)
    Gold Medal (1- Packet)
    Hawaiian (2- Packets)
    Hillbilly (2- Packets)
    John's Huge Greek Red (1- Packet)
    Kimberly (1- Packet)
    Matina (2- Packets)
    Muchamiel (2- Packets)
    Orange Banana (2- Packets)
    Persimmon (2- Packets)
    Polish Egg (1- Packet)
    Prize of the Trial (1- Packet)
    Rose Climber (2- Packets)
    Russian Black (2- Packets)
    Saucey (1-Packet)
    Snowberry (2- Packets)
    Spoon (2- Packets)
    Striped Cavern (1- Packet)
    Thai Pink Egg (2- Packets)
    Yellow Cherry (1- Packet

"Thanks" for Hosting Tracy.
    Now the Suspence and Patience of Waiting for the Returned Goodies.

ZZ.

• walkerslaw
    16 years ago

I'm in too (a first time for me). I've read all the instructions, but just to be sure: I send you at least 10 different varieties of peppers and/or tomatoes (but no more than 50) and each variety must be individually wrapped with at least 10 seeds inside each packet, right? I also send a self addressed stamped bubble wrapped envelope.

Please let me know if I missed anything. Thanks for putting this on!

• danincv
    16 years ago

Hi Acres,
    Sign me up, too. I will send my mailer Monday.

• northernmich
    16 years ago

I sent mine out today...not as many as I wanted to. Didn't want it late though. (Got the Edible Acres package yesterday)

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

walkerslaw,

please email me directly so I can send you info and addy.

Thanks Acres

purpleacres17@aol.com

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

howdee there

A lot of mailers came today please check your name. I am also putting a end sign up on this swap. A few of you want seeds back earlier and I need to start planing my garden a bit more as well. 22 people is a few more than I hoped for. We are getting a great selection of seeds. I will do my best with wish lists and hope you are all happy with what you recieve. This swap will fly out no later than next week. I got that wonderful flu that is going around and have been really sleepy. I took my first nap in about 25 yrs the other day.

Any questions please email me

Purpleacres17@aol.com

1. EEEGH (sweden) SENT 80 PKS

2. Micyrey sent 8 pks

4. Strmwthr3

5. Rock 22--sent 20 pks

6. northernmich

7. thehills

8 Sorellina

9 Luvgardening2

10 dorisL

12 zztopsoil SENT 50 PKS

13 coolbythecoast

1. skyblue

2. hilfarm SENT 46 PKS

4. LeeAvery

18 maricybelle sent 26 pks

19 Arnesr SENT 50 PKS

20 Dr.tomato sent 26 pks

1. walkerslaw

22 sunkisst

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

my package went in the mail today.

• clay_lady
    16 years ago

I would lobve to join the swap. thanks clay_lady

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

howdee

Sorry I am not taking any more names for this swap. I want to get it out next week so we all can start planing our gardens

Acres

• dorisl
    16 years ago

I sent mine yesterday. :)

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

howdee there

This swap will fly some times next week. A few things have slowed it down a bit. My health and my 4 legged childs health(13 yr old pit bull dog named Orson that was hit by a car) I have been working on this swap awile sorting so it should go together in the end pretty fast. I recieved a few more mailers today. So we have got 16 so far. Thats pretty good.

Well back to sorting and playing nurse.

Tracy

1. EEEGH (sweden) SENT 80 PKS

2. Micyrey sent 8 pks

4. Strmwthr3 sent 70 pks

5. Rock 22--sent 20 pks

6. northernmich sent 36 pks

7. thehills sent 28 pks

8 Sorellina

9 Luvgardening2

10 dorisL

12 zztopsoil SENT 50 PKS

13 coolbythecoast sent 50 plus ? (email me)

1. skyblue

2. hilfarm SENT 46 PKS

4. LeeAvery sent 50 pks

18 maricybelle sent 26 pks

19 Arnesr SENT 50 PKS

20 Dr.tomato sent 26 pks

1. walkerslaw

22 sunkisst

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This swap will fly tomorrow. Please bear with me if I messed up something or you did not get what you wanted if it was on my list. I am soo willing to do a trade with any one at a later date if you want sometihng on my list. Alot of what was on my list went in to the swap so I neeed to update my list and will do it at a later date just so you know.

Oh on a little happier now We go pick up Orson tomorrow from the vet. He is doing a bit better. He is 14 and you know pets are like children when you have then so long. We have had Orson sence he was a pup and he is 14 soI was really distraut but am better because he is better

Happy gardening to all

Tracy

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

glad to hear Orson is doing well. I know my cats are like kids to me too. You'll feel better once he's home and doing better.

• booberry85
    16 years ago

So glad to hear he's coming home. I have two fur babies and would just feel awful if they got hit by a car. One dog, Buca is very good at slipping her leash & runs right for the road!

To stay on topic, HURRAY! Can't wait to get the seeds. I'll be working some long hours this week so it'll be a nice treat to come home to.

• booberry85
    16 years ago

I was *stunned* to come home and have my seeds waiting for me!!! Not only that, but I think Acres has ESP. There were varieties that I did not put on my wish list, that I have been eying that were in my package!

Thanks for another great swap!

boobbery85

• northernmich
    16 years ago

I got mine too! Thanks bunches.

• dutchcurl
    16 years ago

I got my seeds in. I loved them all. There was alot of variety. Thanks so much for doing the swap.

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    I got my seeds today and I will be getting them started very soon. my first batch of 'maters is already up and almost ready for planting.
    heres to a bountifull harvest for us all
    michelle

• walkerslaw
    16 years ago

I got my seeds today - great variety. Thanks for all your hard work.

• dr_tomato
    16 years ago

Got my seeds today,loved it.Felt like a kid at Christmas seeing what you got,thank you Acres

• arnesr
    16 years ago

I got my seeds as well. Thanks to everyone who participated and Acres for the great job organizing such a wonderful swap.

• purpleacres
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Howdee,

sooo happy everyone is happy with there seeds. I will try to make this a yearly swap as my Acres Edible swap is.

Acres