SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bestlawn

Request for Lawn Care Forum

bestlawn
16 years ago

I don't know if it possible, but I hope there can be a sticky post placed at the top of the threads on the Lawn Care Forum. A sticky will stay on top and cannot accept any replies. The problem with the Lawn Care Forum is the importance of knowing where a poster lives in the country. This information is vital because it guides, if not determines, answers that are given since lawn care regimes vary widely between different species of grass, and various different species are subject to location. That statement can also be broken down by variety and again by cultivars. The variables can be endless but easily addressed if we know in what state we are trying to offer advice. Without knowing, we are left with more questions than were asked in the first place.

In many cases, an anwer cannot be offered without knowing where the poster lives. In the past, we were always able to look to member pages to find out, but that has been stripped out after IVillage purchased, leaving only "United States" or "Canada" or whatever. That is not enough info and new members do not know how much info is necessary, so they don't tell us until asked. It is similar as with the Computer Help Forum. Most answers cannot be offered without knowing the person's operating system, yet new people don't think to tell that important information. I do realize the zone is listed but not everyone, such as myself, are familiar with all the agriculture zones. Besides that, it is still too general and too little info in most cases. I, myself, offer suggestions that are state specific. My answers will be vastly different to someone living in Michigan as to someone in New York. Yet, these two states are in the same zone according to the site's "crude" map. Thereby, knowing only the zone is no help at all.

If a sticky is not possible, may the request please be placed as part of forum instructions.

Such as this.........

{{gwi:1260401}}

I did post the request on the forum in hopes it would stay there a while, but some errrr very smart person posted a response despite my asking everyone not to. So much for that.

Thanks so much

Comments (20)

Sponsored