SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medontdo

new: MNF: Tulips found Uranus fragrant!!! :'}}

medontdo
16 years ago

ok since march was the month on the 13th that uranus was discovered (thank you tracy for showing me some march's link :')) i thought this would be cool!!

the RULES UGH!! all needed though,

1. you must be 18

2. must be a gw member

3. must have lots of fun!!

4. must if you have something on your mind, tell us!! so what if its all whiny, geez we all have whiny days!!

now for the other part, must be signed in by march 16th, that's everybody's right day!! :'))

**the colors are blue, red, orange, green, violet, yellow and white. those are the colors seen in the pics.

**This is a MUST what ever you send must be fragrant!!

**as the name suggests it needs at least 3 tulips (for the month of march)

**must be at least 1 set of bulbs (other than the tulips) :')) since no plants can be shipped now :'((

**there must be 3 packets of seeds from your partners wants lists.

**everything must be shipped by april 1st. confirmation would really be nice, it helps to make you feel safe and let you know that it got there safely!!

Have fun everyone!! Looking forward to having lots of fun with this!!

and pleas lets keep this "clean" :')) HEE HEE i know, it will be so very hard to do!! LOL

lets make lots of new friends everyone and don't be afraid to come in and say hi!! :'))

Comments (150)

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Welcome Em!! Come join the fun!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

welcome aboard linda,sonja and em!! hmmmmm......that woulda been soooo funny uranus!!! LOL man!! LOL
    thank you so much kathy!! i will have to try to find some of them if not all, i am so sorry about your friends mom. my fil passed away last christmas. so i kinda know how that is. lots of good energy going your way for finding those seeds, if i find them i'll send ya some :')) it is sunny and after abt 4 it gets shade. i know dad likes birds alot. so any kinda flowers that birds will come to would be great!! :'))

• Related Discussions

last week for signups for mnf: tulips found uranus fragrant!!!!

Q

Comments (5)
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg031129392635.html?14164 i don't know how to make it into the blue thingi but you can copy and paste, sorry :'(( or go to round robin and look for tulips found uranus fragrant!! sorry i didn't even think to put a link of some sort, thank you proudgm :'))
    ...See More

update: mnf: tulips found uranus fragrant!!!! ;op

Q

Comments (149)
    Oh Michele, hon, you're not going wrong. I have a big problem with both the "N" and the "W" words. My kids learned really young with the "N" word, I use to smack them in the back of the head for it and they would even hear me say something to my parents, who are very old, deep southern, about that word. Like you, I find it degrading and rude as all daylights. It's used in the derogatory fashion, not the true definition of the word, which has no racial connotations.So they know well and better than to use it, but to be honest, each of my older boys tried it again when they hit pre-teen and at about mid-teen and still got smacked. Tiffy still hasn't tried it since she was young and heard her grandmother spout it. She's almost 15 now. I don't doubt that Vincent and Devin will try it again at least during one phase or the other. And they'll get smacked and talked to seriously at that time. Tommy and Jarret tried the "W" word when they were young teens, it had just become the latest "hot" word. After trying,and failing, to convince me that I was just behind, they never said it in front of me again. I told them that I found it as degrading as I did the "N" word and the "B" word to describe women in general. I don't physically discipline my kids very often, so when I do, they know it's serious. And more so once I explain the meaning of the word and why it's degrading and show them the correlation between it and other degrading words. Like Tommy likes to wear his ballcap backwards, does that make him the "W" word? Jarret likes rap, does that make the "W" word apply? They all use slang any more, so the same question again. Once they realize that it doesn't really apply to them and they wouldn't want others applying it because it would hurt their feelings, they stop using it... at least in my hearing. The same as using the word gay. Some people live the way they live regardless of whether others approve or not, as is their right in this country. Applying a label to them doesn't help the situation. My kids eventually learned to use a person's name when speaking about them, not applying labels, at least when talking to me or where they think I can hear. I keep adding that part because two of them are completely grown, so their choices are their own, but if nothing else, perhaps they will remember what I've taught them :)And at least I can sleep at night knowing that I did what I could to prevent another bigot in this world. And once they're grown, that's all we have. Hugs, Kathy~ getting off her soapbox.
    ...See More

new: mnf: after dark round robin!

Q

Comments (150)
    A Navajo Star Myth Coyote According tho the Navajo mythology, the Milky Way was created by the misbehavior of the mischievous deity, Coyote. When the world was created, the Holy People gathered around Black God to place the stars in the sky according to a rational order related to the seasons. But Coyote grew annoyed by the slowness of the creation process. He first chose with anger a red star, called Ma'iio, that he placed in the south to symbolize himself. Ma'iio is a name often given to Coyote, which means 'the one who roams'. This star, of which we do not know the precise identification, appears for only a short period of time during the year, and it is said to announce trouble. Thereafter, Coyote took the bag full of stars not yet placed and threw it over his head forming the Milky Way. Since the stars of the Milky Way could not be properly placed, they could not be named. Coyote was a trickster, and would often use this to get what he wanted. In one story, Coyote turned a hero into a coyote, and in turn became the man. He went to the hero's home and slept with his wife. Coyote smelled very bad. When the wife visited her mother, she smelled the Coyote on the wife. They then knew that Coyote had tricked them. In yet another story, Coyote falls in love with a beautiful woman. In order to marry her, he had to kill the giant, Gray Big Ye'i. Afterwards, the woman attempts to kill Coyote four times, but each time he hides his vital organs so he could come back to life. The woman eventually marries him. Later we find that coyote is killed while hunting with the wife's brothers. Coyote's wife turns into a bear and kills all but one of the brothers. The last brother kills her, and brings his brothers back to life. This story explains why bears are often considered the female counterparts of coyotes. Kathy
    ...See More

UPDATE: mnf tulips found uranus fragrant lol :'}}

Q

Comments (150)
    WOW deb!! what a nice box to send!! i know you are gonna love to plant them sandy!! :')) when i went to go get em's gloves they had mostly little ones, then i was thinking well my hands are bigger, and what if she's like me and likes them looser?? hmm so i tried a bunch of different gloves on, and then i found a pair i thought were cool, and grabbed some, LOL and was just praying that she didn';t have dainty hands!! LOL :')) candles are always sooo nice to have!! :')) ohhh man this is gonna be close!! last time i put one at the 149 mark we went to 151 LOL i found this thing i'll post the link its way cool!! if ya like hummerbirds, you'll love this!! the video is sooo cool, she's feeding them out of her hand! well the flower is in her hand and the nector is in her hand. how awesome!!! LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9uxYy_Na3w i have to call my brother later and tell him to put vinegar on his poison ivy, it seems he's got it bad, he also got bit by a brown recluse maybe. his skin is black and has a hole. they called my mom and she talked to beth last night. i missed his call the other night. Errr!!! i really do need to keep in touch w my brothers more often! instead of just when i hear something aweful. i remember when it used to be a sunday thing, call everyone and talk and see whats been going on, geez now we just go about life and thats it. i'm trying to wait cuz he's in oregon and he's two hrs behind us. LOL lots of love!! hugs :')) hope everyone has a great day :')
    ...See More
  • lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

hi everybody, thanks for the warm welcome! I am a tea drinker, though..I hope that's acceptable. A bit about myself, I guess.
    I'm married, have a 17 year old daughter, hence the graying hair. We have 7 cats and three dogs...(the pet underground railroad knows where we live). We moved into this house last April. I waited to see what would come up, not too much of anything. This year, I'm going to rip up a big grassy area and plant a butterfly garden. Ought to be a challenge!

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Sounds like a lot of fun, Linda! Welcome aboard the crazy train! We'll let you slide with the tea, most of us do tea as well. My favorite is Chai Spice. When I'm not drinking coffee or water, it's usually that with just the barest touch of honey!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

mine is bigelow orange and spices with alot of honey!! thats why the high sugars!! LOL
    crazy train next stop is......14 more days till the fragrant swaps!! YAY!!! LOL TOOT TOOT!!! LOL :"))) oh ya i shoulda said this is good fragrance!! LOL :')) not tabors or talla's i dea of fragrance,,,
    hey becki, where are ya???? haven't heard from ya:'((

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Well, since the wind was being sooooo MEAN today, I set about organizing all my seeds, things I've bought, things people both here and offline have sent me and things I've traded for. I also managed to update my database of trades. Waddya know, I can actually find what I have and don't now! I even managed to update my trade list with things that I can't plant any more of! I'm actually starting to get a decent looking list! And that's thanks in large part to the wonderful GARDEN ANGELS here who have shared so generously! Once I get finished planting both wintersow and spring plantings, I should still have some things left over cause Michele, Angie and Carol hooked me up! Then at the end of the season when I can harvest, I will have lots more to share cause some of what I've planted, I only had a few of. Can you tell I'm completely addicted and excited?!

The kids are asking just how many databases I'm going to put together. I've gotten one done for all my seeds overall,one for those I've traded with and SASBEs, one for things I still want and who has them and what I've gotta put together to get them.

LOL, mmhmmm.. even with the wind wailing and not able to plant, and all the kids playing video games, I really don't have enough to occupy myself with :P

Kathy
    Kathy

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Well, since the wind was being sooooo MEAN today, I set about organizing all my seeds, things I've bought, things people both here and offline have sent me and things I've traded for. I also managed to update my database of trades. Waddya know, I can actually find what I have and don't now! I even managed to update my trade list with things that I can't plant any more of! I'm actually starting to get a decent looking list! And that's thanks in large part to the wonderful GARDEN ANGELS here who have shared so generously! Once I get finished planting both wintersow and spring plantings, I should still have some things left over cause Michele, Angie and Carol hooked me up! Then at the end of the season when I can harvest, I will have lots more to share cause some of what I've planted, I only had a few of. Can you tell I'm completely addicted and excited?!

The kids are asking just how many databases I'm going to put together. I've gotten one done for all my seeds overall,one for those I've traded with and SASBEs, one for things I still want and who has them and what I've gotta put together to get them.

LOL, mmhmmm.. even with the wind wailing and not able to plant, and all the kids playing video games, I really don't have enough to occupy myself with :P

Kathy
    Kathy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Its horribly windy here today also, just started up really bad within the past two hours so must be coming down from Okla. My dad called and said it blew another pear tree down in his neighbors yard (he lives in Moore, Okla).

Welcome Sonia and Linda happy to have ya'll join us and very happy to meet ya'll.

I am not a coffee drinker anymore lol and I am not a chocolate eater so when I get choco cravings I KNOW my body is asking for something. Maybe what some say is true and chocolate is a substitute for sex eh? lol no I didn't get any chocolate yesterday but don't have the craving today.

We just had a minor medical mergency here, Mud somehow split one of her toenails very badly, I had to have Alan help me clean her foot (well he held her so she didn't bite me while I cleaned) so I could tell exactly what was going on. I clipped some of her nail and then tried to bandage it but sheesh bandages on her are like clothes on her, she won't have it. Oh well.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

tomarrow my gh gets here, but its gonna be so very cold, so i cannot put it up!!! that sooo sucks!!! i'm so sad!!! today it was so windy then it started to rain then tonight its gonna snow. YUCK!! i've had it with the snow!!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

have you all seen tan velcro that you can sew on?? i have been looking for it for the hubby's clothes for work. and i cna't here.

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Where oh where has my lil post gone - oh where oh where can it be????

Lost in cyberspace! Maybe on its way home to Uranus! Ha! thats an idea lol

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

well I guess I will try this again since the first one has disappeared! I was just giving ya'll some info on me but apparently I somehow lost it. I am newly married 8 months ago to a wonderful man and have 2 grown children from a previous marriage. My son is 29 and has 2 children and my daughter is almost 22. She is on her own and in college. We have a small dog/child named Precious that hubby rescued from the animal shelter. We recently purchased our home and are busy renovating and doing lots of yard work. Thanks to the generosity of many, I hope to have lots of beautiful flowers and veggies by the end of summer. Did I forget anything?? lol

Wife of the native sun of Uranus. LMAO
    Em.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

What size velcro were you needing, Michele? I have different widths...Just let me know if you need it small or bigger, and how much you need. :O)

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i think 4" maybe a foot. is it tan?? it has to be tan cuz of his uniforms. your way awesome!!
    congrats on your new home!! of course we want to see pic of the dog!! LOL we love, absolutely love pics!!! LOL

• pamperedavonchefof3
    16 years ago

HELLO !

Well I have a lot of catching up to do. I've been in south mississippi with my hubbie visting over the last few days or should I say week. Seems like alot has went on. I have been shopping trying to put together a grand box.. I hosted my cooking show saturday at my mom's house and i am taking orders till friday in person and on the web so i have been busy writting everyon's down even thought i will get a final reciept i like to make sure nothing is left out. the weather was 80 degress in MS today and suppose to be around that here in LA tom. then snow and sleet expected tuesday. Never know about this LA weather. Can't wait to get outside. michele omg my lil girls middle name is Tabor how coll is that.. my middle name is michelle cool. my mom gave me her privacy fence so now all i have to do is go take it down and move it here so i can block the not so pleseant view of the crudy trailor next door and the mexican who stares constantly at me when i am going in and out during the day.. i have so many plans but never find the rime to get them done, my notebook with plans and ideas is getting fuller and fuller and the mark offs aren't keeping up.lol love the pics of yalls dogs. gotta get me photobucket acct so i can post my pics of 4 n my kids ans some of my cakes that i bake for ppl. i also would love to post a pic of the house and yard so i could get some ideas on what to do to it.

ok another quick question then off to bed after i get off ebay.. when are we gonna find out who our partners are? or have we already i'm not sure. Lack of caffinee is catching up with me. i am doing weight watchers and i try to limit my self to one diet coke a day and one cup coffee. I go weight in tom so we will see how much I have lost since last monday. my goal is 30 pounds.. my scale says i've lost 10 lbs but not sure if ours are the same we will see.. ok i'm really going love to chat..

Jamie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Boy am I behind! Hello to all you new gals!! It's very nice to meet you!

Great job on the weight loss, Jamie! I am trying to do the same thing, but sadly, have much more to lose than you! I'm on my way, though!!

Woo hoo! I got my basement cleaned out, and we moved a big 8' long table down there for starting seeds!!! I have 2 flaurecent lights (which came out of chicken houses, and badly smell as such), and want to get 2 more. That way I can have double lights all the way down the table. I am so excited to get some of my seeds started (okay, lots - I'll have to pace myself!) Before I know it, my basement is going to be very green!!! And I'm so happy about it!!! : )

We had a wonderful sping day yesterday, until about 4:00. It was in the 50's, and we were outside working with t-shirts on and no coat! But, then it cooled way off, and then we got rain, and sleet and snow. I haven't been outside yet to see, but since our school hasn't been delayed yet, I'm assuming it's not too bad here. Okay, take that back, it just got delayed!

I don't know if any of the rest of you have heard of this, but it looks like it is in most states, so may be something to look into. One of our friend gave us a flyer for something called Angel Food Ministries. You can purchase a box (or more than 1 if you want) full of food for $30 each. Looking at the contents of this box, it far exceeds that value! Plus, if you purchase that, you can also buy their monthly specials, which consist of packages of meat (though there are many meats already in the regular box.) Anyway, if you want, you can check it out at www.angelfoodministries.com. It says anyone can do it - there are no income limits or anything. And they accept cash, money orders, checks or food stamps. For this month, the $30 box has in it:
    1.5# Top Sirloin Roast
    2# Boneless Skinless IQF (individually quick frozen) Chicken
    1.5# Boneless Pork Fillet
    2# Breaded Chicken Breasts Strips
    1.5# Boxed Lean Beef Patties
    4# IQF Chicken Leg Quarters
    16 oz. all meat Bologna
    16 oz. Ground Turkey
    24 oz. Steak Cut Fries
    15 oz. Pork and Beans
    32 oz. Bordens shelf stable milk
    16 oz. Blue Bonnet Margarine
    10 ct. Waffles
    16 oz. Frozen Mixed Vegetables
    16 oz. Frozen Green Beans
    15 oz. Marie Callender's Soup
    7.5 oz. Macaroni & Cheese
    1 Dessert item

It says that none of the foods are "seconds" or day old - it's all restraunt quality foods. It said that one box should feed a family of 4 for about 1 week. We are really excited to give it a try! The last day to order for this month is today, so I am gathering orders from a few other people we've introduced this too, and will bring them all up there this afternoon. With as expensive as everything is getting anymore, it is so nice to find help like this!!!

Okay, I've rambled long enough! I think I'll go watch the news for a while in the quiet of a morning when I don't have to get the kids up for a while! Have a great day, everyone!!!

Becki

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

We have Angel Food here too, Becki. It's only $25. My mom buys it every month, but we don't get it because more often than not, there is pork, and we don't eat pork. We also don't eat alot of meat, and since that is 3/4 of the box, it just seems wasteful to me. :O) But my mom loves it, and is always sending us the veggies & desserts from them. Last month, it was pumpkin pie....month before that, it was a coconut pineapple pie.

I'll send the velcro to you, Michele. AS soon as I find it. LOl Which, I promise you...will NOT be like the finding of the bleeding heart. Which I never found. LOL Hmmm. At least I know where my sewing box is!!! :O) And I KNOW I have tan velcro, I just bought some a few months ago for another project. ANYWAY.

I am so Jealous this morning!! A neighbor has a YARD full of daffs!!! Oh, it was so pretty! Nothing in our yard has bloomed yet. We are about 3-4 weeks behind in seasons, because our house is in a little valley. Our flowers always bloom just as everyone else's are fading. We have Lilacs in June & July!! :O) UGH..but the WAITING!! I hate the waiting!!

We have flash flood warnings this morning, it's raining cats & dogs right now. Then, around noon, it's supposed to switch over to sleet/freezing rain. Which will switch to snow....and by tomorrow morning, they are saying we will have 6" of stuff. Oh YAY! Fun Fun FUN!!! :O)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Becki, that is amazing! My girlfriend and I were just talking about food prices yesterday. A carton of Eggs was $2.39 at the store yesterday. Sugar is $2.99, Pork is $2.99/lb, Ground Chuck is $3.29/lb, Milk is $3.99/gallon! The food prices are skyrocketing, Gas is skyrocketing again. They are estimating over $4/gallon for this coming summer!

She was saying that she can't figure out why there hasn't been a big outcry from the public yet on the huge price increases from the general public yet. Those sound like great deals that Angelministries is offering. I am glad that you found them.

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

I need to find an Angel Ministries here. There was one several miles away from my home. I need to find out if there's one in Edmond. The boxes were really good value. Yeah, prices on everything are going up. Gas prices makes getting goods to stores more and more expensive. Somehow I just really don't see this stimulus check helping very much over the long run, especially since we'll have to claim it as income next year. It's getting to where it's almost impossible to feed a family of growing kids. I can't wait to get my veggies coming in. That always helps a LOT with groceries. I wish we lived on a farm and could be more self sufficient than we are. But they frown on having pigs and cows and chickens in the city, especially in Edmond. And acreage is so expensive and my credit so bad after my ex took out all kinds of credit cards and stuff in my name that doing something like that's just not going to happen for us for some time. I've got to get all the credit mess cleared up and apparently that's going to take a while.

Yeah, winds here were bad last night. Rain and tornadoes and straight line winds. This morning there was snow in with the rain.

Pixie, I'm not surprised to hear that pear tree blew over. It was worse in Norman than it was here in Edmond. The tornadoes moved just off from Norman from what the news said.

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Okay, can I play? If I can't find tulips can I sub for a different kind of bulb? I can get other bulbs, maybe I could have a partner near my zone??? Cheer up girls Spring will be here soon!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Yay! It is 54 degrees out today! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the snow is MELTING! I opened my windows for the first time in months! It smells like spring! Ahhhhhhh! I will be airing out my house today! Yay!!!!!

Hiya Scottrell, welcome! I know that some folks requested not to receive any Tulip bulbs so that might work out fine. I am still trying to find some to send without much luck yet. I have to attack one of my trade boxes to see if I still have some stashed in there. Tulip bulbs are usually only on sale in the fall around here.

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

I'm having the same problem with finding them, I've tried all the stores and online, but from what I'm getting, there won't be any available until fall. I'm going to see what other bulbs I can put together and hope that it's alright with whomever I'm paired with :) I saw some really lovely calla and cannas the other day. Any other suggestions for other fragrant bulbs that we might be able to find? I've even tried to see about trading for some tulips, but everyone was horrified at the idea of sending them now. Even if we don't plant them until fall, it seems to not be a good thing to mail them right now. I was a little confused by that since several should be chilled before planting in mild winter climates. Hope I don't sound remarkably ignorant here, but I've not done tulips before.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Ok, I just went on ebay and there are some tulips for sale there. I bought some Mickey Mouse Tulips for the yellow and red requirements. This seller sends them pre-chilled for blooming this year which is pretty nice. Here is a link of the other listings on there now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tulip bulbs on Ebay

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I will be honest - I would prefer not to have tulips right now anyway - so anyone that can't find them, I would be glad to have them as a partner! Around here, as far as I know, you can only plant them in the fall (and I certainly planted my fair share of them!) I hope this isnt' totally rude of me - sorry! The idea of callas and cannas sounds totally awesome to me, Kathy!! I fortunately have some tulip bubls that I bought last fall that have been chilled and are sprouting. So, at least I have that part covered!! : )

Kathy - we strive really hard at being as self sufficient as we can be. I love it! We are fortunate enough to live on the very edge of a very small town, and have room for raising animals. We have a decent sized pasture, where we have had cows run before (only about 1/2 -3/4 of an acre) - we are planning on ripping out the crummy fence that's separating that from our yard, and greatly expanding our gardens. It should be very fertile - as we've had cows, pigs and goats up there over the past few years - but it also has a lot of weeds, so it's going to take a lot work! I'm not sure if it will get done this year, or next. Depends on how much time we find to work on it!

Hope everyone is having a splendid day!!

Becki

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Michelle, I also would rather not have any tulips for here as they don't do good in our summers and I really don't have space in my frige for them. I love canna's though. I can send tulips to my partner though.

YAYYYY ALAN GOT THE JOB AT CENTERPOINT ENERGY!!!! He starts in two weeks. He called ma a bit ago to let me know, it really made my day and just hearing him excited about it really makes me feel good.

Hi Scotty and welcome!!!!

Hope everyone is staying warm today!!!

Pixie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I will be absolutely thrilled with whatever my partner can send me! :O) I LOVE tulips, they are one of my favorite flowers....but they are pretty difficult to find this time of year. So anything will be much appreciated! Except for naked ladies. Please, no naked ladies. I have them coming out of my ears. LOL :O) My partner just may get some ladies in their box....hope nobody minds! :O)

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Congrats Pixie on hubby's new job. Hope that works out well for ya'll.

I have never tried tulips before. But I will try anything my partner sends. Hmm naked ladies??? never heard of them before lol Will need to go look them up. Gosh, I can just spend all day every day on here. No wonder my housework has suffered the last week! lol

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok fine!! ya'll hurt my feelings!! NOT!! LOL i just needed the name!! i'm sooo not a tulip fan!! LOL unless they're fragrant!! :')) so how about we send whatever as long as its bulbs. but how do i make sure everyone knows??
    welcome sharon!! talla soooo loves the shells!! she wanted to play with them forever!! but i told her the fairy's would be sad if they got busted. :'((

{{gwi:1247618}}

{{gwi:1247620}}

just came a little while ago!! YAHOO!! LOL
    awww thank you so much bunny!! you are the absolutely best bunny in the world!! :')) many hugs to you!! :'))

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Thanks Ems but Alan is my son, I have two boys now, Nan, 24; Alan, 19; and a hubby, Fox, older than the hills. OK got the chocolate urge again and made some copycat Fudgcicles and am making a chocolate brownie sheet cake. Thinking about making a dark chocolate double layer round cake that looks very very rich and moist. I can freeze whats not eaten. Its been raining here today so what better to do than bake eh?

YAYYYY MICHELLE its finally there!!!! WHOOOHOOO GIRLIE GIRL I am very EXCITED for you!!! Makes me want to turn the barn into a greenhouse but I'd have to fight the guys over it first.

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

YAY for alan!! big hugs!! i know that is exciting!!
    ok for the posting of the partners, i will do that the 17th, the day after the cutoff of the signups!! :')) i am soooo excited!! i soo love lax/relaxed groups!!
    well now we have to wait for it to be a nice few days, and no wind!! ohhh ya and to get the lumber. LOL i am so excited that its here. now i just pray that its all here!! LOL then i can get all my plants outside in there.
    ok hubby bought me some small gh's at dollar general store for 350 and it had 72 cells in there. and they were kinda deep which i really like!! and he also bought me a big flower box that's rectangular for 6 and it has a plug at the bottom and it has a screen like thingi there. its really cool!! while we were there we bought some permenant markers since i couldn't find any of the one's they all keep talking about, and they have them flakes in it, so i think it won't fade that bad, the cost for 2 pens, 1 buck!! hope it works well!! LOL if not it's a pretty pen for talla. :'))

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

the weather in my section of PA was beautiful today! I actually opened windows, which made my cats go all crazy. Anyways, it was 68 today and it's supposed to be snow and rain by the end of the week again so I enjoyed it while I could. I went outside and actually measured the space I want to make my butterfly garden. It comes out to 17 ft long by 36 ft wide. WOW! It's a lot bigger than I thought looking at it out through the window!!.."L" Can't wait to rip the sucker up!!

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

yes!! you can tell we all have spring fever!! i am getting the same way, last year he was griping at me cuz i took over the yard, well this year i'm trying to get him to pick out where we can put our stuff and then we'll put it. but something always comes up. hopefully soon the weather will get warmer again. and then we will pick it out. ya that's the plan!!
    i love your idea for your garden linda!! mine is like 25' x 12' and its a hummingbird garden. i want it all perennial. a few annuals, self seeders. but it will have a mix of butterfly flowers there too. then another garden will be talla's that's the fairy, then tabors has zinnia, cosmos', sunflower,and some other cool stuff. he likes them kinda things. and my herb garden. and my vege garden. and my fruit gardne. hmmmmm....... i think that'lllllll cover it!! LOL

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

you should look at angies thread, its got good info, hey!! look at the name of the thread!! LOL i'm sooo laughing!! LOL
    http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/wtrsow/msg0218382428942.html?40

• scottrell
    16 years ago

Yay! Thanks for the welcomes!!! Yay! I love the title no matter what! Medo, please tell Talla that she can play wiith the shells al she wants for they survived hurricanes and the ocean and The United States Post Office!
    I love hearing about all of your garden plans! Gives me ideas! Right now I have a butterfly garden and a veggie garden. I have just started planting more fruit trees. And my latest want JOB'S TEARS! I am soaking them tonight, gonna plant tomorrow, please keep your fingers crossed! I really want these to grow! You can make such beautiful things with them! Have a great night! - Sharon (Scotty)

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i am so anxious for this spring!!! open windows!! heat offf!! and outside and no mud in the house!!! YAY!!! ok nana got talla mariposa barbie the fairie cartoon, so now today alone this will be the 3rd time we've watched it. i like the fairy ones. that's it. not the others. i'm such a kid!! LOL i wish i had all kinds of fairy cartoons, then we'd never get any school work done!! we'd live with our heads in the clouds for sure!! as if we don't now. right?? LOL
    mrs bunny i am sending mr bunny some canna seeds i forgot to put in, i just have to remember to send them off. errrrr.... i'm so bad at that!! but i promise!! it's gonna be soon!! i found the best way to do them is to put them in a glass of water and leave them there(after nicking them) till they get some growth, and they really do!!
    i am sooooo glad your joining sharon!!! YaY!! well if them things survived the hurricanes AND the po i'm sure they can survive her, i so hope!! she's pretty ruff!! LOL

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone! Welcome to all of the new gardeners! I have not been around much this past week, but I see you are all busily preparing for your trip to Uranus! We have had wonderful weather here and I have been spending a lot of time outdoors. I am going to have to step out of this swap even though I was really looking forward to it. DH waas let go from his job on Friday, ungrateful creeps, retail really sucks, 50-60 hour work weeks, working through holidays...

Oh well such is life...

Frances

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I hope everyone is WARM this morning!! This is what we woke up to....it's not the 6" they were calling for, but it is pretty. :O) And enough to shut down the schools. :O)

{{gwi:1247622}}
    This is the hillside behind our house. If you look closely, all the bushes/brush on the right side (it runs from top to bottom, literally covers the entire hillside) are Forsythia. When they bloom, the hillside is bright yellow & gorgeous. But, on the left side, you can see hubby is taking them out. They're just too thick & he's trying to thin them. They've been growing wild for over 50 years....and they started with just a bush or 2...but went downhill from there. LOL Literally! :O)

{{gwi:1247624}}
    Here's our house...obviously. lol

And finally...my very cold ladies. :O)

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Michele - here's a pic of Precious, our dog/child lol

Here is a link that might be useful:

• emsgarden
    16 years ago

Hubby posed her up on nephews big wheel. Am surprised she stayed there so long.

Michelle - congrats on the new gh - I am soooo excited for you.

Pixie - sorry I didn't know - just assumed - and you know what that does! lol

Frances - so sorry to hear that - I know how difficult that can be. When one door closes - another one opens ...

welcome scotty

bunny - how beautiful - all of it! and I just LOVE that bay window!

• jaleeisa
    16 years ago

Wow Bunny! What a lovely house and soooooo much room! I'm green over here! I miss having a large house with lots of room for bratlings and planting!

Hi Frances, nice to meet you!

Em, that baby of yours of adorable!!

Welcome to the nuthouse, Scott!

Michele, is that a greenhouse? Now I'm definitely green! Enjoy it, girl, you deserve it! And I'm gonna really enjoy those Sweet Peas you sent me! They are gorgeous!!

Well, not sure yet just how the weather's gonna act, but hopefully I can get some stuff planted today. Hopefully all the kids will be alright at school today, I had them all come down with the flu this weekend. Everyone seems to be doing better today, so keep your fingers crossed!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Frances, I am so sorry that your hubby got layed off. That is awful news. I will say a prayer that a better job comes along quickly. I remember how fickle the retail machine is.

Melissa, I would love to see that hillside in bloom and for heaven's sake put some clothes on those Naked Ladies! They are freezin their tushies off!

Michele, Congrats on the arrival of the GH! I can't wait until it is set up for you! Moving day for the plants! Yay! You will get your house back!

Em, I love the picture of your little hotrodding doggie! That is too cute!

Trina, tell Alan I said Congratulations! That is fantastic news! I hope he really likes it!

Our temps here topped out at 64 degrees yesterday. Last night we had a storm blow in and the temps dropped into the 20's, we now have sleet, rain and hail. What a difference a day makes, eh?

Tracy

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

oh frances i am so sorry about hubby!! but something else will come along and hopefully it will be alot better and really soon!! :')) have lots of hope and prayer!! we will be :'))
    ohh that doggie is soooo cute!! i swear i think even a smile?? LOL :'))
    annn tracy 64 you lucky ducky!!! man we were at 17!! with the wind chill!! that totally sucked!! and tabor wanted to go out and play in it. crazy nut case!!
    melissa i can't believe they cancelled school over that! man here, its when i say, LOL hee hee!! LOL :'))
    that's the cool thing about homeschooling!! LOL and i can let my kiddo's play in the snow when the other's are still in school!! LOL

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Thank you everyone, the news has had me a little down, but he is already recieving calls on his resume (isn't the electronic age something) so hopefully it won't be long. My blood almost boils when I think of it. Everybody wants young people, who will work for half the money (usually do half the work too)

On the good news side, we have finally convinced MIL to move closer to us, (very close we will be able to wave to each other from the back porch) She has been living alone out in the country since her husband passed away two years ago. We invited her to live with us, but she didn't want 'to be in the way' (her words not ours). When a little house on the street behind us came available we took her to see it and she is buying it! (she already has a firm contract on her house) So she should be moved in by the end of next month! We are all very excited. She is 74 and we have been very worried about her all alone.

Michele I am so excited for you about your greenhouse! you are such a lucky girl, can't wait to see it built!

Melissa, what a beautiful home you have! So many windows too! I agree with Tracy, better cover up those ladies, they look very cold! I love forsythia, mine are blooming now lots of yellow sunshine in the garden the daffodils are blooming too!

Tracy wow! what a deal on the tile! I have ceramic in the baths and kitchen and I LOVE IT! (it's cold,) but so easy to clean, always looks great! Don't forget to get no skid mats on those tiles! (nothing worse than having the mat slip out from under you when to step out of the tub!

well now that I have said hello I feel a little better, we are supposed to have 'weather' wind, rain' all day today. So I best go and stand guard over my WS containers so they don't blow away! Have a great day everyone!

Frances

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WOW I have been really missing out on these posts, its been so crazy around here.

Frances I am happy that your Hubby is getting calls. I will keep him in our prayers.

Ems, no worries its very easily done when getting to know people. That Precious of yours is adorable and such a cute pose, another Ham eh?

Melissa that hillside and those pictures are beautiful!

Kathy got our fingers crossed for your kiddos. Hate the flu season and with this weather its just horrible.

Tracy believe it or not you were actually warmer than I was yesterday!!!! Its cold here today again but at least its sunny.

For all those that haven't seen my babies here they are, Rebs (my baby boy 3 yrs) and Mud (the vampire lol one year)

Frances I am glad you are feeling better. These ladies sure know how to cheer a person up.

Scotty I am keeping my fingers crossed for your Jobes Tears, my dad used to use them for the eyes of eagles that he would carve out of coconuts when we lived in Hawaii. They are beautiful seeds!

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Frances, what do you use to clean the tile? I am curious about that part. Can you use regular cleaners like pinesol or is there something specific for it?

Ugh, the evil retailers! Grrrrr! A long time ago I worked for Dillard's Department Store and had been there for a few years. I transferred to the downtown store before Christmas for a higher paying position. I worked my tail off for them and then in February got let go after the Christmas Crush was done and all the returns and inventory were completed. Turns out the HR dept. tagged my file as a new hire for the Downtown store and seasonal position and there was nothing for me to do but find another job. It was really tough, Ted was tiny and I really needed the job so bad. I got lucky after 6 weeks and got a higher paying job in a small specialty boutique store. It was a scary time for me.

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Tracy
    Anything you would use on a vinyl tile will be fine on glazed ceramic. Any mild cleaner works great! I like vinegar and warm water or I love the Mr Clean bathroom cleaner/mop thing. (sort of like those swiffer things) Tiles can really take about anything you want to use, only thing you shouldn't use is grit. Use a dark (not white) coloured grout if you can. Make sure you have extra tile too, the ONLY downside as far as I am concerned about ceramics is they can be brittle. Dropping a mayo jar (soupcan, whatever) is more likely to crack the tile than break the jar. Having a few extra tiles can be a real lifesaver.

I have never worked retail, just don't have it in me.... lol. But really I think sometimes they are worse off that people in the hospitality

;)

Frances

Frances

• lindaruzicka
    16 years ago

goodness! This is a busy thread! I like it!
    Frances, I'm sorry to hear about your husband's work, I'll keep you both in my prayers.
    Melissa, I LOVE the house pics!
    Michele, you just got a greenhouse? Boy, are YOU a lucky girl! We might all have to come and hang out next winter when the snow gets to us.
    Em, I love the dog pics..we have three dogs and seven cats..what would we do without our animals?
    Scotty, you're into butterfly garening too? Awesome!

The weather here today is gray and gloomy..after yesterday being so beautiful, it's kind of hard to take..they're calling for snow again the rest of the week..BLAH! "making REALLY ugly face"

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ok for those of you who do want the tulips, lowes has them in pots. for 79 cents. and they have stay green soil. for your starter of seeds, very light weight. also it was 3 yes i said 3 cu feet, for 10.29 that is very cheap!! all at lowes!! and it feeds for 9 monthes!! so thats all i had to say right away, i need to get a whole bunch of stuff done, but i thought i'd let ya'll in on that!! LOL

• medontdo
    Original Author
    16 years ago

we want ceramic tile for the bathroom, but we havent' done that yet, we have to get our house warmer in the winter first. that bathroom is way to cold now for ceramic flooring. shivering just thinking about it. ((((brrrrrr)))) LOL
    it made it to a whole 45 today but it feels like 60 or so. LOL and so far no spring chickens yet. although i'd sure like to see some!! in the house i have lots!! by the baggie method!! no nats in them except i found one in a baggie. ugh!!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Hey girls, sorry I went missing, it's been a rough few weeks.
    Mr fishy has developed an infection in his right leg (or rather the old infection flamed up again) and it's not responding to any sort of treatment (the flesh is rotting off his feet/leg, and these ulcers are spreading), so I've been spending all my spare time with him up at the county hospital, while he decides weither or not to give up his right leg too. He's on alotta drugs right now, and he doesn't want the boys to see him this way (between the morphine, IV's and lack of bodily control, I can't stand to see him this way either). Seems he knew it was inflamed, but "didn't want to worry me" so he put off getting it checked out.

We found a house nearby and put in our offer just b4 all this, so I'm trying to pack this one for our april 1st moving day, but so far I've packed 2 boxes total. Needless to say I'm not sleeping, and most of my workload has been shoved into my assistant's lap, along with my boys (benifit of being a preschool teacher, ppl you work with like kids).
    Tracy, I just realized today last month's box never arrived, I'll have a fresh one out shortly.
    I'm sorry if none of this made any sence, I'm living off caffine and chocolates right now.