SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerncharm1_gw

Incredible Edibles 2009 Events

southerncharm1
15 years ago

2009 Incredible Edibles Swap Calendar

This group trades any and all Edibles! Anyone can join, as long as you follow through with the swaps. You may join as many or as few swap as you'd like. Each month there will be a different host who will add their own spin to the theme, additional info about the swap will be posted at this time. If you have any questions, please email the host of the month or me (southerncharm1). Thanks! Kathy

**********************************************************************************************

Just a reminder that if you find you can't host the month you have signed up for, please let Christy/bonechickchris or I/SouthernCharm1 know ASAP. :)

February (SUNNY SIDE OF LIFE)- Kathy/SouthernCharm1

We could trade things that are sunny colors or have "sun" or "summer" in the title. Things like Sungold tomatoes, yellow Doll watermelons, summer squash, Sunray Peppers, Sunray squash, Sunburst or Sunray beans, Summer Dance cucumbers, etc.

March (SPRING FLING)- Bonnie/Highalttransplant

Since Easter will be around the corner, and St Patricks Day we'll be swapping St Patricks color (green) & themed seeds and Easter color (pastels) and themed seeds (like jelly bean tomato, Easter egg radish)etc.

April (HOMEGROWN RECIPES)- Becky/Booberry

Exchanging recipes for something using mainly home grown produce ie. Salsa, Soup, or Sauce, etc....and providing the seeds to accompany the recipe.

May (MEMORY LANE) - Fran/NCgardengirl

A few of your favorite fruits, herbs & veggies from when you were a kid and a story or two to go along with it.

June ("REGIONAL FAVORITES") - Kathy/SouthernCharm1

Someone from the South may send collard greens, okra, sweet potato starts. Someone from New England may send Boston Horticultural Beans, fingerling potatoes, carrots, cabbage, and so on. This would be a great one to include regional favorite recipes.

July (WEIRD N ODD) - Christy/Bonechickchris

I just love weird and oddball veggies. Can be any weird veggie, or even crosses. I love growing the unusual, and I think this would be so much fun, to receive, and also lots of fun to hunt for these weird veggies/herbs! Maybe the person who finds the oddest veggie selection could get a special prize!

August (AROUND THE WORLD) - Becky/Booberry

Give some seed varieties from around the world. You could give someone: Cherokee Trail of Tears beans, Cape Gooseberries (from Peru originally,) Chinese Red Noodle Beans, Ukrainian Heart Tomatoes, Roma Tomatoes, Bulgarian Carrot Peppers, watermelons (originally from Africa, )etc. It can be a person's world tour through seeds. Might be a fun one for recipes too!

September (DODGE THE DUDS) - Kathy/SouthernCharm1

Tired of flavorless grocery store tomatoes? Carrots that have the elasticity of aged wood? Peas that only serve a purpose if put into a sling shot? Herbs that come "pre wilted?" Lets dodge the duds by growing our own.

October (HAUNTED HALLOWEEN) - SunnyK/Donna

Black and Orange theme, with either the veggie/fruit itself being the color, or the color being in the name. Things like Pumpkins and Carrots and Cantaloupe etc. in the orange catgory .....and then Eggplant , Black Krim tomatoes , black radishes, Blacktail Mountain Watermelon as examples of Black.... The sky is the limit :)

November (ETHNIC FAVORITES) - Christy/Bonechickchris

This would be a great seed & recipe swap. I'm Eastern European (Polish, Slovak, Ukrainian & Austrian to be exact.) I promise to take it easy on the cabbage & horseradish! The food is a big part of my heritage. There could be stuffed cabbage or stuffed peppers (thus pepper and/or cabbage seeds,) pierogis (potato starts & onion bulbs,) borscht (beet, carrot, & parsley seeds) and so on.

December (FIRE & ICE ) - Kathy/SouthernCharm1

Think Heat Miser and Snow Miser. For Fire you could send seeds with the words: fire, flame, hot, heat, blazing, volcano, inferno or are hot & spicy or are bright red. For the Ice, you could send things that have: ice, snow, crystal, icicle, white or are white in color."

Comments (18)