SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
africanviolet_gw

Ordering from Autumn Ridge Nursery.........

Africanviolet
20 years ago

I would like to know if anyone has ordered from autumn ridge nursery and if so what are you thoughts?

Africanviolet

Comments (15)

• NashvilleGardner
    20 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I ordered their Seattle new dahlias and I found my favorite blue Hydrangeas there too. I didn't call them, I used their website, which was pretty easy and everything showed up on time. And they were honestly cheaper than a couple of other websites i looked at :-) I'd not heard of them before, but my experience was good. We'll probably order blueberries from them when it gets a bit warmer.

• crikey01951
    19 years ago

I ordered 12 red maple trees from them in April and have not received them as of today June 2nd

• Related Discussions

Autumn damask - best place to order

Q

Comments (2)
    Heirloom's and Pickering's version is indeed different from others. Assuming that the story is correct that 'Quatre Saisons Blanc Mousseux'(Perpetual White Moss) is a sport of the "real" Autumn Damask, then it must be the paler pink one that everyone else sells that is the real thing, since it is the paler one that does produce that sport occasionally (nice photo of it on helpmefind.com, under 'Quatre Saisons Blanc Mousseux'. Or use the link below for a photo I took of the sport at Mottisfont Abbey.) The deeper pink rose is a beautiful thing in its own right, but definitely different. Here is a link that might be useful: Perpetual White Moss Sporting on Autumn Damask
    ...See More

Anyone ever order from Autumn Ridge?

Q

Comments (4)
    You could give the company a call, Karyn. A well known company in New Mexico ships very small potted plants. I suppose the plants survive the mail better that way, plus it lessens the cost of shipment, but some people get irrate because they were expecting larger plants. I just ordered a few plants from Oregon. Four of them will be shipped in tubes. I'll be interested to see how that is done. Another bush is coming in a gallon container. I had to pay big bucks for that! Lorna
    ...See More

Anyone Order from Sunshine Hollow Nursery?

Q

Comments (7)
    They are in Eastern Tennessee. SUNSHINE HOLLOW 198 County Road 52 ATHENS, TN 37303 Good point about the Winters so I looked some more on their site and found this paragraph referring to the garden dirung four seasons-- Sunshine Hollow Gardens are beautiful at any time of the year: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall. Each period has its own unique beauty. From the bare silhouettes of trees and the falling snowflakes of winter to the new life that bursts out in the Spring with the dogwoods, azaleas, and wildflowers. From Summer's glorious display of thousands and thousands of blooms to the crisp cool days of Fall with the reds and gold's and oranges of the leaves. All seasons have their own beauty. So obviously they have winter, hurray! Here are there directions to the Nursery- Sunshine Hollow is located in Eastern Tennessee about one hour North of Chattanooga and one hour South of Knoxville in the Great Valley which was created by the Tennessee River. Geographically speaking, it is located in one of the ridges which were caused by geological upheaval eons of years ago about halfway between the Appalachian Mountains and the Cumberland Plateau. The Gardens make a convenient day trip outing from several major cities: 3 hours from Nashville, TN; 2 and a half hours from Atlanta, GA; 3 and a half hours from Birmingham, AL; 3 hours from Huntsville, AL; 3 hours from the Tri-Cities area, TN; 2 hours from Sevierville, TN; 2 hours from Cookeville, TN.
    ...See More

Burnt Ridge Nursery

Q

Comments (12)
    Hi Dee, The figs you chose are good figs. You did know that two of the four you chose are San Pedro type figs, right? Desert King and Grantham Royal are both San Pedro type. The breba crop is self-pollinating, but the main crop requires pollination - which you probably won't have. Therefore, the main crop figs will not ripen. Both varieties are great figs, but I just wanted you to know this in case you didn't. If you want fruit quickly you can buy a larger tree. Of course, you "pay for this time". Edible Landscaping sells 5 gal. trees (at a much higher price). If you want a good fig that will fruit as early as any get a Celeste. I had some Celeste that were rooted last year and began this year as 10" tall plants. Some of them made a handful of figs this year. Good luck. Henry
    ...See More
  • PTW911
    19 years ago

I am curious to the follow up of the maple tree's ordered by crikey1951 if anybody, could let us know if they show up? When in April? if it was early then that is a long time!
    Our e-mail address is paulandtamiw@msn.com please let us know Thanks.

• lisa95136
    18 years ago

I did not have a good experience with Autumn Ridge Nursery.

My "plants" arrived as 1/8" diameter bareroot twigs with no growth on them whatsoever. They were completely dried out and crackled to dust whenever I touched them. They were packaged in moldy newspaper and stuffed in a flimsy paper-towel cardboard roll, not even a standard mailing tube.

I had purchased 3-day express shipping, but when it didn't arrive over 2 weeks later, they explained that 3-day express shipping means they don't wait around three days before searching their greenhouses for your twigs before sending them to you regular mail. No wonder they were so dried out.

They looked so dead I called and asked them about it. They were defensive and bellergent-sounding. They told me to plant my twigs and water them with a little Miracle Grow. I did so, but they did not grow. Except for one, a peach tree, which only grew from beneath the graft.

They would not refund my order but continue an endless and pointless cycle of sending me dead replacement twigs.

I live in California, and in this state Autumn Ridge Nursery cannot send their cuttings planted in dirt, hence the moldy wet newspaper and dead plants. If you are not in one of these restrictive states you may have better luck than me. But beware their "express shipping" regardless.

For lots of reviews on Autumn Ridge Nursery, go to the Dave's Garden web site, where they have a 62% "negative" response for this retailer.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dave's Garden reviews of Autumn Ridge Nursery

• Hollywog
    18 years ago

I ordered several items from Autumn Ridge Nursery this spring. Every single one of them was mislabelled and was absolutely the wrong plant. Instead of a Jackmanii clematis, my bareroot labelled 'Jackmanii Clematis' grew into what I assume is a hearty geranium. All of the fancy daylilies I ordered have turned out to be exactly the same thing--ordinary yellow daylilies. They replaced my clematis upon request. I think they may have gotten it right this time, but it will be a while before I am certain. I am in the process right now of trying to get my daylilies replaced. I am not ever going to order from them again--that's for sure. And instead of making me feel better to see that I'm not alone, I feel as though I've been jipped even worse. Obviously this isn't an aberration for this company, and I should have checked into them before I gave them my business.

• Hollywog
    18 years ago

Hi, guys. It's me again. I forgot to ask--does anyone happen to have the address for Autumn Ridge Nursery? I was getting ready to send a formal complaint to them and I can't locate the catalog. And when I tried to look up the address on their website, I suddenly can't FIND the website. Maybe they pulled it? PLMK, and send me an e-mail or post here if you have it. Thanks so much.

• doug42
    18 years ago

The physical address according to whois is registered as
    Autumn Ridge Nursery
    206 Bybee Branch Rd.
    McMinnville, Tennessee 37110

The address in the catalogue is:
    Autumn Ridge Nursery
    CALLER BOX 750-ML
    McMinnville, Tennessee 37110

• eopwong_yahoo_com
    16 years ago

It took 3 weeks for the less than half of the items to arrive.
    And the items that arrived were little root like "gift' plants. The main items did not arrive. I called them and she(Julie) said she is going to look into it but never called me back. It's pure rip-off for sure. How can I can refund or complain so as to put them out of business and not ripping people off again.

• colorich
    16 years ago

Stay away from This company. I originall ordered 12 bareroot rose plants. Two survived. Autumn Ridge would not respond to my emails and I finally called them. They sent a replace form and the replacements cost me half the original cost. I received them packed in damp newspaper and the plants were brown and dry staphs. I went ahead and planted them and now 2 weeks later still brown and dry staphs. Autumn Ridge is a complete rip off. Avoid this business, as now I can see why their prices are so reasonable.

• cotton2007
    16 years ago

I am at this point in the "saga" re: Autumn Ridge Nursery:
    I ordered during the late winter of 07. Everything seemed to be going business as usual. They charged my credit card right away, but nothing came. Late May, I received an email from them saying my order was being shipped. Hurray!! But over a week later, still no trees. I wrote to them I wasn't pleased that they were most likely sitting in some post office dying. No response. The order finally gets here a few days later. I open the little cardboard envelope, and the needles from the canadian hemlocks fall out like Charlie Brown's Xmas tree. The rest look like dead twigs, with a scrap of a dried root maybe attached. I dutifully soaked them all in root stimulator for a couple days. Then I planted them all in a nursery-like setting myself, to help them, and keep them watered easier. A couple weeks later I called them because nothing was sprouted, and the rest of the needles had fallen off. They told me condescendingly, that of course they looked dead, they were in cold storage. I needed to give them at least 3 wks to come out of it. Ok, I'm still gullible. 5 wks later, 2 trees have leaves,out of 17. What is growing isn't anything I ordered either! I try to call them, but no answer. After a couple days I go back on the computer to see if they have another phone number I could call. To my horror, here are all these other web sites warning people about them. So I contacted the BBB, and have filed a complaint with them. I sent a note to the nursery to notify them of my intentions. That got a reply out of them. At this time I replied to them, and also sent a copy of this letter to the BBB in Nashville, who covers them. I asked for my refund. This is where I'm at. I'll keep this up to date with the results.

• sandi2007
    16 years ago

I wish I would have done some research before I placed our $200 order! It all started in early April '07, I placed our order online and they charged us right away. A month & 1/2 later, our order came in the tiny cardboard tube-same as other people...moldy newspaper with some gel and 25 tiny hemlock's worth of needles and other misc. leaves at the bottom. We tried everything like some of the other posters have. Everything was dead. I finally got them to send out a replacement one month later and it wasn't even the same order and I honestly don't know what most of it was, but it too, was all dead, but again I tried to salvage some things and I now have ONE lonely bush that has survived. I kept getting the runaround all summer that they would be refunding our entire order total to our card. Week after week and month after month...same story. After realizing this refund was never going to happen, I called at the beginning of August and was totally abused verbally on the phone after only asking what the status of my refund was. This guy totally went off on me and said we don't deserve a refund and he put a good male customer on hold to deal with my crap, etc., etc. I hung up in tears. I have never been treated that way before and I was just in shock. I finally called again at the end of August and now mysteriously they never give out refunds and will send me another replacement in October or maybe next spring and they are "done" talking to me. (I am certain that I'll never receive anything from them next spring)They claim they have never refunded anyone and will not refund my money because it wouldn't be fair to the other customers. He also said I should have sent all the dead stuff back to them and that they can't trust that any of their customers know what they are doing, and that for all they know, everything was alive and I let it die. He just kept making accusations that it was somehow our fault and then said, "only God can make something grow-it's out of my control". They sent our order back in May the slowest way via the USPS, so it took 3 weeks...and after saying they'd send the replacement FedEx 2-day, they used the 3 week service from the USPS again. It's hopeless. No matter what you say, they treat you like crap and blame it on you. We paid $200 for one very young bush, and I have learned a big lesson. Autumn Ridge Nursery should not be in business, but they are, and we all have to research any company we buy from online. There are too many greedy & mean scammers out there these days.

• rosebush
    16 years ago

Wow, am I glad I did a "search" before ordering from them! Their brochure looked too good to be true, as far as prices, and so the saying goes. . .If it looks too good to be true, it usually is!

• greenjewels
    16 years ago

I just want to say thanks to all the posters for this information. It will certainly save me a lot of money and frustration. You can rest assured that I won't be doing any business with them and will pass on this info to anyone I know.

• mms_spokane
    15 years ago

I ordered 29 roses from Autumn Ridge Nursery on April 17th 2008. They were small and in bad conditon, but I thought once planted will come back to life.

Only 4 of them did and are a pitty to look at. They are diseased, with extremelly small leaves and buds (if any). 3 roses have bloomed and they are white!!! I DID NOT ORDER ANY WHITE ROSES FROM THEM!

In July 2008 I contacted them twice by email asking for a full refund. I got no response from them so I filled a complain with BBB.

This 'company' is a FRAUD!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

Here is what BBB has on file for this nursery:
    [HYPERLINK@data.middletennessee.bbb.org]

Principal Officer
    Ms. Melinda Womack is the Owner / Manager of the company.

Customer Service Contact
    Ms. Melinda Womack is the complaint contact person for this company and should be contacted at (931) 474-3386 before filing a complaint with the BBB.

Nature Of Business
    According to information supplied by the company, it offer the mail order sale of plants and shrubs.

Customer Experience
    Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the BBB is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.
    of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims BBB Definition:

advertising claims - The BBB reviews business advertising, (newspaper, magazine, TV, radio, internet) routinely to ensure that it is truthful and ethical. Claims in advertising are measured against basic advertising principles of the BBB Code of Advertising which was developed to guide advertisers, advertising agencies and advertising media.
    that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.
    with the BBB due to a pattern BBB Definition:

pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.
    of complaints and has failed to correct the underlying reason for the complaints.

Specifically, this company has received a pattern BBB Definition:

of complaint alleging consumers paid for live trees and plants; however when the merchandise arrived they are not as advertised. Consumers describe the items as dry, dead sticks. In addition, complaints indicate delivery took longer than promised or items were never delivered.

In March 2007, BBB contacted Autumn Ridge Nursery in an effort to assist the company in eliminating the pattern BBB Definition:

of complaint received. The company indicated its willingness to work with the Bureau in resolving complaints and eliminate the pattern BBB Definition:

Since March 2007,BBB has monitor the company's efforts; however, the complaint volume and pattern BBB Definition:

has not decreased.

On May 29, 2008 BBB sent certified correspondence to Autumn Ridge seeking their voluntary cooperation in issuing complete refunds by June 6, 2008 to all consumers whose complaint was either pending and unanswered in BBB files.

On June 9, 2008 BBB received a response from Autumn Ridge indicating refunds would be issued by June 10.

BBB will continue to monitor this company's business performance in regards to the pattern BBB Definition:

and volume of complaint received.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The BBB processed a total of 173 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 173 complaints closed in 36 months, 126 were closed in the last year.

• mms_spokane
    15 years ago

All 4 roses that survived bloomed white! As stated before I did not order any white roses from them. I filled complaints with BBB and FTC.

The business failed to respond to BBB's first notice. This is the response they send to BBB's second notice:

"Please let the customer know that we will send her a replacement in the spring of 09. Roses are spring items and we do not ship them in the fall. Please note the attached guarantee below and let me know if she would like the replacement spring 09.

Please notice the second guarantee below:
    We ship live plants packed to reach you in perfect condition. However, sometimes a package gets lost and stays in transit a long time. In this case, in the Fall and Winter, when plants are dormant you can scrape on the bark and tell whether the plants are alive or not. If the bark is green it is alive. We believe we have the best guarantee any nursery could possibly offer."

Please learn from the mistakes we made. Do not order from this nursery. It's a scam!!!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus